Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-11-2008, 10:18 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Adderall

I bring this up because I'm in the library struggling to concentrate while reading about the documentary hypothesis of the bible. Meanwhile, my buddy come over to me after railing out 5 hours straight with the help of you know what. I think about every kid I know in college takes it to study without prescription. Personally, I would never touch the stuff because of my suspicions with pharmaceuticals, but I also view it as cheating academically. Steroids for students if you will. It's becoming a huge problem from what I see. What do you think? Know many people who abuse it?

By the way, no one turn this into a pro/anti drug debate. No one wants to hear your hippie mumbo jumbo and it's not allowed. It's possible to discuss it without doing so.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 10:21 PM    (permalink
Rich Jr
Veteran

Rich Jr smells like sex panther.Rich Jr smells like sex panther.

I've taken Adderall/Stratterra/Ritalin you name it I took it. They all work, some take longer to work, some work longer than others. I suggest searching medical websites to see what time frame you'll be needing i.e. 2-3 4-6 hours. You can just go to your family doctor, tell hi the situation you need it to study and you can get a prescription fairly easy.

Hope I could help.
Rich Jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 10:23 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it's a bigger problem in high school than college. I've seen it used in both scenarios, but in High School more people i knew of taking it.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 10:24 PM    (permalink
JJJ888
TRIPS
All-Pro

JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.

I'm in college and I don't use it (nor do many of my friends here--if any), but a bunch of guys I new from high school used to use it. I'm not sure about abuse, but the day before a big paper or test were due, they'd do it.

Funny story concerning adderrall...one time, sophomore year (in high school), my friend and next door neighbor got suspended for drinking. He kept a bottle of riddelin I believe in his room for special occassions, and the teachers were going to search his room the next day to see if he had anymore illicit substances. So my friends and I tried our very hardest to get into his room (which was locked) and get the stuff out. We tried to pick the lock for a while, then, after trying and being unsuccessful for about 3 hours, we decided that the best approach was to have my friend climb outside my window onto this tiny little 1-inch wide ledge, scoot over to my neighbor's room, open the window, climb in, get the bottle out of his drawer, and climb back into my room. Needless to say, he didn't make it (the room was on the third floor), but the kid's mom came the next day anyway and got the drugs out. One of the craziest nights of my life.
Old 02-11-2008, 10:25 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Jr View Post
I've taken Adderall/Stratterra/Ritalin you name it I took it. They all work, some take longer to work, some work longer than others. I suggest searching medical websites to see what time frame you'll be needing i.e. 2-3 4-6 hours. You can just go to your family doctor, tell hi the situation you need it to study and you can get a prescription fairly easy.

Hope I could help.
No, I'm not interested. I think it's cheating to a degree. Are drugs really needed concentrate on school work? That's what I'm getting at.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 02-11-2008, 10:29 PM    (permalink
JJJ888
TRIPS
All-Pro

JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
No, I'm not interested. I think it's cheating to a degree. Are drugs really needed concentrate on school work? That's what I'm getting at.
No. Not at all. YOU CAN DO IT!
Old 02-11-2008, 10:33 PM    (permalink
Rich Jr
Veteran

Quote:
Dude, i'm ADD and I needed it. You sound like my dad, like there is no such thing as a chemical imbalance. People have it and they need it.
Old 02-11-2008, 10:35 PM    (permalink
JJJ888
TRIPS
All-Pro

Quote:
Dude, i'm ADD and I needed it. You sound like my dad, like there is no such thing as a chemical imbalance. People have it and they need it.
I think he means more for people who don't have ADD.
Old 02-11-2008, 10:36 PM    (permalink
Rich Jr
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJJ888 View Post
People do it. But if the thread is about people who use it but don't need it don't expect this thread not to be about a pro/anti drug debate.
Old 02-11-2008, 10:37 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Yeah, i thought that would be pretty easily understood...then again he can't understand that Seinfeld is better than arrested development.

they get smoked.

Old 02-11-2008, 10:40 PM    (permalink
Rich Jr
Veteran

Quote:
Yeah, i thought that would be pretty easily understood...then again he can't understand that Seinfeld is better than arrested development.
Dude, no need for the personal attack. Seriously.
Old 02-11-2008, 10:42 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Dude, no need for the personal attack. Seriously.
Come on man, it was a simple joke in good fun.Relax. Seinfeld > AD.

they get smoked.

Old 02-11-2008, 10:45 PM    (permalink
Rich Jr
Veteran

Quote:
Come on man, it was a simple joke in good fun.Relax. Seinfeld > AD.
Jokes are followed by haha and lol. You threw me off.
Old 02-11-2008, 10:46 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Jokes are followed by haha and lol. You threw me off.
Meh, I don't use lol. Internet lingo is much too complicated for me.

they get smoked.

Old 02-11-2008, 10:48 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No. Not at all. YOU CAN DO IT!

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 10:53 PM    (permalink
Rich Jr
Veteran

Quote:
Meh, I don't use lol. Internet lingo is much too complicated for me.
rotflmao lol
Old 02-11-2008, 10:58 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't really understand how it's considered cheating...I know people who use it when they need to get a lot of work done and will be up for a long period of time i.e. til like 4 in the morning and need to concentrate...and also know tons of people who take it while studying for finals so that they don't just mentally break down in the middle of studying...as long as you don't do like the night before a test but like a day before you have nothing and get some sleep afterwards, there's really nothing that bad about it if you use it once in a while

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 10:58 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It works but its a drug not a medicine, pretty much a pharmacy's version of meth at 1/5 the power. I'm surrounded by it in college. I think a lot of those types of disorders aren't really anything...like one person can concentrate more than another but does that mean they have a disease? In extreme cases maybe, but it is way over prescribed.

Also it is addicting to some people and in large doses over a small period of time can make you go clinically insane temporarily.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 11:00 PM    (permalink
Rich Jr
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post
It works but its a drug not a medicine, pretty much a pharmacy's version of meth at 1/5 the power. I'm surrounded by it in college. I think a lot of those types of disorders aren't really anything...like one person can concentrate more than another but does that mean they have a disease? In extreme cases maybe, but it is way over prescribed.

Also it is addicting to some people and in large doses over a small period of time can make you go clinically insane temporarily.
Well for one thing Diseases and Disorders are two different things.
Old 02-11-2008, 11:03 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have ADHD and take adderall. I don't buy that it is cheating academically, but what is unfair is extended time on SAT's and ACT's. It is completely unfair because that takes all the challenge out of the test. Kids with ADD should just load up on adderall before the test (which they do anyway), but giving them extended time is just unfair.
Old 02-11-2008, 11:10 PM    (permalink
DChess
All-Pro

DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wrote a 6 pg paper before class this morning on adderall. i support it
DChess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 11:12 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If adderall is cheating then so is drinking coffee
Old 02-11-2008, 11:13 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06 View Post
If adderall is cheating then so is drinking coffee
you know nothing

Quote:
Well for one thing Diseases and Disorders are two different things.
you get what I mean, even if I get the terminology wrong

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 11:25 PM    (permalink
wingboy2999
Pro Bowler

wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm surprised this has stayed alive this long.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08
wingboy2999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 11:25 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post
you know nothing
A compelling argument, please continue.