Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-13-2008, 06:35 AM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nevermind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 06:37 AM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills2083 View Post
Nevermind.
this wouldnt be your worst memory would it?

The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 07:29 AM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.

Hmm....well I only really started following the Chargers back in about 2000, 2001, so I have limited stuff to draw on...not to mention a lack of "best memories" in Chargers history had I been a fan since 1960 anyway.

My two are very recent, since we didn't have all that much success until lately.

Best: Seeing LT get the touchdown record or seeing us beat Indy to make the AFCCG this year.

Worst: The dissapointing and unexpected loss to the Pats at home in the playoffs in the 2006 season. Easily the most upsetting day of my Chargers-watching career.
JK17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 07:33 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

best: The Catch 2, the comeback against the Giants in the playoffs lead by Jeff Garcia or the entire 93-94 season
worst: watching Steve Young get hurt thanks to Phillips not blocking and Aeneas Williams hitting him.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 07:39 AM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pretty simple for be best: Bears getting to the Super Bowl las year
Worst: Bears losing the Super Bowl.
Worst non-football: Steve Bartman! I remember calling 411 and asking where he lives (drunk) but they wouldn't tell me.

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 08:03 AM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Best Super Bowl XL, and Tommy Maddox making a large comeback against the Browns in the playoffs.

Worst 2004 AfC Championship Game

Thank you Lebron James, you are truly a King Among Men.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch

Last edited by DeathbyStat : 02-13-2008 at 08:07 AM.
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 08:27 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend View Post
this wouldnt be your worst memory would it?

I don't know what is the best moment for me, this picture here or the Giants winning Super Bowl 42. Obviously winning this year and beating the undefeated Patriots was amazing, but wide right was one of my first vivid football memories. I was about 7 and half and remember exactly where I was when it happened.

The worst has to be in January 2003 when the Giants blew that playoff game to the 49ers on the botched field goal and then the refs blew the pass interference on the botch. Called an illegal man down the field penalty when in fact the player was legal and clearly interfered with. The NFL admitted their mistake but nothing much can be done after it costs you the game.

Last edited by Jughead10 : 02-13-2008 at 08:33 AM.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 08:36 AM    (permalink
Thunder&Lightning
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Best moment being a patriots fan too being from mass was when the patriots upset the raiders in the snow bowl. Those two historical FG's Adam Vinatari made I will remember forever.

By far the worst moment as a chargers fan is when Nate Kaeding missed the 30 yd field goal in overtime. After that the Jets won 20-17.

Last edited by Thunder&Lightning : 02-13-2008 at 08:40 AM.
Thunder&Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 08:40 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Best: Super bowl 35 against the Giants, the 1st 59 minutes against the Pats this year

Worst:The last minute against the pats, the colts playoff game the year we went 13-3 when Peyton didnt score a TD when Ed Reed would have had 4 picks if Ray didnt deflect 2 of them, but McNair and our offense shut down that game.
Old 02-13-2008, 08:56 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Best moment as a fan: Being at the Eagles-Packers playoff game with McNabb to Freddie Mitchell on 4th & 26 in the 2003-2004 playoffs, then the game tying and game winning FG's by Akers.

Worse moment as a fan: Being at the NFC Championship in 2002. At Veterans Stadium. Last game at that stadium. Eagles are huge favorites and jump out to an early 10-0 lead, then slowly and painfully fall behind. McNabb is driving the team for a last minute shot to win (down 4 points), when he misreads Ronde Barber and throws a pick-6 in the red zone. The stadium was so quiet as Barber iced the game...

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 09:44 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Worst, um this season. What a bad year for Miami sports. :(

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 10:00 AM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Best:

and also, I was at the 2005 playoff game against the Pats, and that was just incredible. First home playoff game for the Broncos in a long while, and it was awesome.

Worst:
Super Bowl 24
Super Bowl 22
Super Bowl 21
The 1996 playoff game loss to the Jacksonville Jaguars when the Broncos probably had a great shot to win the Super Bowl that year if they showed up
The 2005 AFC Championship game loss to the Steelers
jth1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 10:10 AM    (permalink
BNad
Rookie

BNad hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Best Moment: I don't really even remember what the playoff picture looked like at the time, I just remember being at the game and having my jaw drop. The 4th down scramble by Michael Vick against the Panthers with what I call "The Dive." I tried to find a picture, but very few have him in a uniform and without a dog in them on google images now...

Worst Moment: It's hard to pick one as a longtime Falcon fan.. I guess I'll go with the most recent one with the arrest of Michael Vick. Anything before that is hard to distinguish because we've been irrelevant all but.. 3 seasons of my life, heh.
BNad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 10:40 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
Worst moment - January 14th, 1996, Steelers 20 Colts 16. IT WAS A CATCH DAMNIT!
Oh man, terrible memories.

But it really should be "HE WAS OUT OF BOUNDS DAMNIT!"
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 10:47 AM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Best: November 14th 2005. After scoring in the 4th quarter we were still down by one point (21-20) to Philly, who then began to meticulously move the ball down the field. Then, McNabb throws this miracle ball right into the hands of Roy Williams, who scored.

Worst: Is this even a question?

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 10:52 AM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
Best moment - January 21st, 2007, Colts 38 Patriots 34. I'll never be able to decide which moment I enjoyed more: Addai's walk into the endzone (thanks to a TERRIFIC pancake of Vince Wilfork by Jeff Saturday) or Marlin Jackson's game sealing interception. Both moments were about as loud as it gets in the RCA Dome, and I doubt I will ever see a better game in person. The fact that I did see it in person is the main reason it trumps Super Bowl XLI.

Worst moment - January 14th, 1996, Steelers 20 Colts 16. IT WAS A CATCH DAMNIT!
The more you type on this site, the more blatent your homerism comes. I feel like taking offense to this.

You feel so proud that Jeff Saturday pancaked Vince Wilfork? How about those other game when you guys had to travel to Foxboro and your OL was ABSOLUTELY MANHANDLED, AND I MEAN ABSOLUTELY MANHANDLED BY YES, VINCE WILFORK AND THE PATRIOTS FRONT. Jeez, the Colts are a good team, but you dont need to try and boost every little thing that everyone does. Im not going around making a big deal about how Randy Moss made that TERRIFIC one handed catch against the Colts this year.
Billingsley26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 10:53 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

best moment is a tie between the wide right field goal in SB 25, and this current SB beating the unbeaten Patriots.

worst moment: choking the playoff game against the 49ers. that and probably getting the **** kicked out of us in the SB against the Ravens.

Im also including the entire Dave Brown era.
Old 02-13-2008, 11:06 AM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.

Best: Would have to be a tie between the 2001 and 2003 seasons. Where no one really gave us a shot. Especially the Snow Bowl game, followd by the Steelers game, when they left the AFC T-shirts with the Steelers logo hanging up in the Pats locker room, last the Rams, where no thought we could stop the Rams. 2003 because we overcame many odds, and again no one gave us many chances, especially against the Colts.

Worst: ?Losing to Denver in the playoffs. It really hurt, becuse Denver wasnt a better team.
Billingsley26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 11:26 AM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Best Moment: The 92 Cowboy Super Bowl was special.
Worst Moment: There's only been one football game I ever cried over, and it was Dallas losing to Carolina in the playoffs the year after they beat the Steelers. It was clearly the end of the era, and the following year's loss to Arizona was the nail in the freakin' coffin. Switzer and Jones had killed America's Team.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 11:31 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward View Post
Best Moment: The 92 Cowboy Super Bowl was special.
Worst Moment: There's only been one football game I ever cried over, and it was Dallas losing to Carolina in the playoffs the year after they beat the Steelers. It was clearly the end of the era, and the following year's loss to Arizona was the nail in the freakin' coffin. Switzer and Jones had killed America's Team.
Did it look something like this:

Old 02-13-2008, 11:57 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by regoob2 View Post
Pretty simple for be best: Bears getting to the Super Bowl las year
Worst: Bears losing the Super Bowl.
Worst non-football: Steve Bartman! I remember calling 411 and asking where he lives (drunk) but they wouldn't tell me.
Maybe if ur shortstop could field or ur pitcher didn't melt like ice cream in July afterwards, or u guys could have showed up for game 7, no one would remeber Bartman.
Old 02-13-2008, 12:10 PM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billingsley26 View Post
Worst: ?Losing to Denver in the playoffs. It really hurt, becuse Denver wasnt a better team.
Oh come on, you for reals?
jth1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
RAZERSAINTS
Rookie

RAZERSAINTS hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

worst=Saints every year but 2006

Sick sig by Jackalope

LIFE IS HARD WHEN YOU ARE A SAINTS FAN
RAZERSAINTS is offline   Reply With Quote
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

Worst : Doug Brien missing 3 FGs, two for game winners and losing to the Steelers in the 04 playoffs.

Last edited by AlexDown : 02-13-2008 at 12:37 PM.
AlexDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 12:18 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexDown View Post
Worst : Doug Brian missing 3 FGs, two for game winners and losing to the Steelers in the 04 playoffs.
That was bad. When Tynes was kicking the third FG in Green Bay, all I could think about was Doug Brien. That game was the end of his career. I was thinking if Tynes missed that FG his career would be over just like Doug Brien's. Kickers are funny like that.