Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-13-2008, 09:31 PM    (permalink
nfrillman
Veteran

nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
Yea, its like all the losses mean nothing. Believe me those two were just the ones that i didnt block out of my mind because of how bad they hurt.
Well believe me, playoff and Superbowl losses hurt so much more. Other than the Patriots cheating the Rams, the Rams-Panthers 2004 double OT game is probably my 2nd worst. That game is one of the greatest in NFL history, but I just sat there in disbelief when Smith caught that ball over the middle, then Sehorn took the most terrible angle ever, and Smith went all the way. I was completely flaberghasted.

I am done arguing, until somebody says something stupid.
nfrillman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 09:35 PM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Finding out I was a Browns fan and was going to be one for the rest of my life was the worst moment. I dont think I've had a best moment being a Browns fan. It's probably when the Browns moved up and drafted Brady Quinn. There's not a lot of good stuff that's happened to the Browns in my life or in any life before the 1960s.
Old 02-13-2008, 10:05 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Worst - Browns playoffs against the Steelers, the helmet toss, bottlegate, the collapse against the Bengals, the Winslow motorcycle wreck.

Best - K2's return to the field (being there) K2's first touchdown, game against Falcons that got us into playoffs (Priceless.) the entire 2007 season at home besides the Steelers game was fun, the Phil Savage era has been very interesting and good to see as a Browns fan.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 10:19 PM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

oh yeah, another worst is having gone to 7 Browns games and all 7 they've lost. I was at the Cardinals game this year when K2 was pushed out. I dont even know why I bother showing up anymore...
Old 02-13-2008, 10:21 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Morton's Miss. That pretty much covers both.
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 10:23 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Best: Superbowl XXVII 52-17
Worst: The Romo juggle.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 11:23 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Worst - Doug Brien's misses against the steelers. I was close to tears in anger.

Best - Well there have been a lot. A few recent ones that I really remember. And of course a bunch when I was just starting to watch football that older Jets fans remember fondly, like the Monday Night Miracle.
Old 02-13-2008, 11:59 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billingsley26 View Post
The more you type on this site, the more blatent your homerism comes. I feel like taking offense to this.

You feel so proud that Jeff Saturday pancaked Vince Wilfork? How about those other game when you guys had to travel to Foxboro and your OL was ABSOLUTELY MANHANDLED, AND I MEAN ABSOLUTELY MANHANDLED BY YES, VINCE WILFORK AND THE PATRIOTS FRONT. Jeez, the Colts are a good team, but you dont need to try and boost every little thing that everyone does. Im not going around making a big deal about how Randy Moss made that TERRIFIC one handed catch against the Colts this year.
Way to overreact to a truthful comment. Am I supposed to be upset that Saturday pancaked Vince Wilfork? It was a great play, this is a thread talking about YOUR (or in the case of that post, MY) best and worst moments as a fan. Obviously it's going to be a LITTLE biased. If it offends you that I enjoyed Saturday putting Wilfork on his back to basically win the game for the Colts, then so be it. If Randy Moss's one handed catch against the Colts is your favorite moment as a fan, then go ahead and write a 50 page essay on it in this thread if you so desire. There's no reason for you to get upset at me for pointing out a great play that was part of my favorite moment as a fan though (which is the point of this thread, in case you didn't pick up on that by reading the title of it). If you don't want to read it, don't bother looking at the thread. But, since we're criticizing now:

Quote:
Worst: ?Losing to Denver in the playoffs. It really hurt, becuse Denver wasnt a better team.
Talk about homer...

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Last edited by Dam8610 : 02-14-2008 at 12:02 AM.
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 12:12 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

New England really hurt themselves with turnovers (I think it was 5?) in that 05 game at Denver, similar to the Colts against the Chargers last season. Can't blame Belichick then just like I can't blame Dungy for last season, they put their teams in position to win and they didn't execute well enough to win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexDown View Post
Did you leave off the 02 playoff game on purpose?
It's not at the top, sorry, It's under the divisional playoffs game versus the Titans in 99. And the Colts/Pats regular season games in 03 and 04 (homefield avantage), and the 05 loss to the Chargers that ended the undefeated season at 13-0. Although I think Dungy's son's suicide would have probably screwed up that season either way, but who really knows.
Old 02-14-2008, 12:20 AM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
New England really hurt themselves with turnovers (I think it was 5?) in that 05 game at Denver, similar to the Colts against the Chargers last season. Can't blame Belichick then just like I can't blame Dungy for last season, they put their teams in position to win and they didn't execute well enough to win.
Maybe the Patriots were a better team that year, but the results didn't reflect that, and as I recall, it was Patriot fans that were all over Kordell Stewart for saying the Steelers were a better team in 2001. If you're going to criticize for something, isn't it a bit hypocritical to then do that very thing?

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
Old 02-14-2008, 09:58 AM    (permalink
Titans10
Veteran

Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Best- Music City Miracle, I was there second row

Worst- Same season, Super Bowl, coming up one yard short sucked so much

All-hail Bulluck
Titans10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 10:27 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Best - Week 6: 2005-Santana Moss catches 2 TDs to stun Dallas (some of the others I am too young to remember. My dad always says that nothing in Redskins history compares to Riggo's run to win Super Bowl XVII)

Worst - Death of Sean Taylor
Old 02-14-2008, 11:48 AM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
Way to overreact to a truthful comment. Am I supposed to be upset that Saturday pancaked Vince Wilfork? It was a great play, this is a thread talking about YOUR (or in the case of that post, MY) best and worst moments as a fan. Obviously it's going to be a LITTLE biased. If it offends you that I enjoyed Saturday putting Wilfork on his back to basically win the game for the Colts, then so be it. If Randy Moss's one handed catch against the Colts is your favorite moment as a fan, then go ahead and write a 50 page essay on it in this thread if you so desire. There's no reason for you to get upset at me for pointing out a great play that was part of my favorite moment as a fan though (which is the point of this thread, in case you didn't pick up on that by reading the title of it). If you don't want to read it, don't bother looking at the thread. But, since we're criticizing now:

Talk about homer...
Yes, Denver won the game, and at that game, they were the better team. But going into that game, there is no way you can tell Denver was a better team than New England. NE should not have lost that game. Thats what I am saying.
Billingsley26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 12:08 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eh, the 05 Denver squad was pretty good. I didn't ever think they were actually going to SB XL though.

Honestly though, it doesn't really matter which is the "better team" as much as which is the winning team.
Old 02-14-2008, 12:19 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
Eh, the 05 Denver squad was pretty good. I didn't ever think they were actually going to SB XL though.

Honestly though, it doesn't really matter which is the "better team" as much as which is the winning team.
I know. Thats why I stated above that obviously Denver was the better team when it was all said and done. And I know Denver was a good squad that year, but I still dont think that going into the game Denver was a better team. Most times I would think NE would beat them.
Old 02-14-2008, 03:54 PM    (permalink
nfrillman
Veteran

nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Yes, Denver won the game, and at that game, they were the better team. But going into that game, there is no way you can tell Denver was a better team than New England. NE should not have lost that game. Thats what I am saying.
You know what, I say the same thing about the Rams and Patriots Superbowl. The only difference is I have some legitimate reason to be upset about it instead of the sour grapes you seem to be having.

I am done arguing, until somebody says something stupid.
nfrillman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 08:17 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Best: http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/gamece...0041220_NE@MIA

That game was amazing for me. Orange Uniforms, A.J. Feeley leading Miami to a win over the heavily-favored patriots. Jim Bates was interim HC at the time cause Wannstache resigned. Brady threw 4 INTs and one in the last drive while in the grasp of JT. That was still the ugliest throw ive ever seen on a football field. This was the only highlight of that horrible season but it gives me such GREAT memories.

Worst:
I honestly think seeing Zach Thomas' release today was the saddest I've ever felt after a game was over. I've never been more pissed about a football move than I was when Miami drafted teddy f---ing Ginn 9th overall last year.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 08:24 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfrillman View Post
You know what, I say the same thing about the Rams and Patriots Superbowl. The only difference is I have some legitimate reason to be upset about it instead of the sour grapes you seem to be having.
Until there is cold evidnece and someone comes down on the Patriots for that game, then The Patriots won the SuperBowl. Right now Arlen is just speculating and talking. Nothing has been proven.
Old 02-14-2008, 08:36 PM    (permalink
cardsalltheway
Veteran

cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.

Quote:
2003 because we overcame many odds, and again no one gave us many chances, especially against the Colts.
In fact, it was such a foregone conclusion that the Colts would win, that Vegas favored the Patriots! What perserverance to overcome all those doubters!

Designs by D-Unit

ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club
cardsalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 10:10 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want to re-do mine.

Best:
2005 NFLWC game, Palmer hits Henry on a PERFECT 60 yard pass.

Worst:
2 seconds later. Jon Kitna warming up.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 10:59 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
That was bad. When Tynes was kicking the third FG in Green Bay, all I could think about was Doug Brien. That game was the end of his career. I was thinking if Tynes missed that FG his career would be over just like Doug Brien's. Kickers are funny like that.
I remember watching that game with my g/f and trying to explain that very concept to her. It was about her 4th game she'd ever watched.

My best moments:

Raiders beating the Titans in the AFC Championship Game in 2002.
Rich Gannon going crazy on the Broncos on MNF that same year to turn the season around

My worst moments:

and

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 11:18 PM    (permalink
JJJ888
TRIPS
All-Pro

JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.

My worst football moment has to be the Tony Romo dropped hold in the Seattle playoff game last year. The best (at least to recent memory) might have to be the Cowboys win over Buffalo this year.

As far as all sports go, the Sox game 7 loss and win in the 2003 and 2004 ALCSs would have to take the cake. The most gut-wrenching day and perhaps the happiest day of my life.
Old 02-15-2008, 12:05 AM    (permalink
Bigbadbob72
Rookie

Bigbadbob72 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Best moment: Probably beating the bears 3 years ago. We were down 4 with about 4 minutes left and Trent Dillfer threw 2 touchdown passes to Antonio Bryant and we won 20-10. This was my first browns game and a very exciting one to be at. This has to be the most happy I have been being a browns fan cause I have only been a browns fan for 6 years.

Worst moment:
A)taking Wimbley over Ngata. At the time I was really pissed and but now it appears that it has work out ok.

B) losing to the Steelers in the playoffs about 6 years ago.

Last edited by Bigbadbob72 : 02-17-2008 at 02:54 PM. Reason: grammer
Bigbadbob72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 10:59 AM    (permalink
TRJ997
Rookie

TRJ997 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
Worse moment as a fan: Being at the NFC Championship in 2002. At Veterans Stadium. Last game at that stadium. Eagles are huge favorites and jump out to an early 10-0 lead, then slowly and painfully fall behind. McNabb is driving the team for a last minute shot to win (down 4 points), when he misreads Ronde Barber and throws a pick-6 in the red zone. The stadium was so quiet as Barber iced the game...
This is easily the best moment I've experienced, although you have a few of the facts wrong. The Bucs gave up an opening kickoff 70 yard Brian Mitchell return and Staley scored 2 plays later. On their next possession, TB put together a nice drive and ended up with a field goal, bringing the score to 7-3. The game went back and forth until the 71 yard Jurevicious reception, leading to an Alstott TD.

Tampa was up 20-10 when Ronde Barber picked off McNabb at the 8 and took it 92 yards for TD. If the Eagles had scored on that play, they would have been down 3 with over 3 minutes to play. That Barber pick was the greatest play in Bucs history, imo.
TRJ997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 11:21 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
Best - Week 6: 2005-Santana Moss catches 2 TDs to stun Dallas (some of the others I am too young to remember. My dad always says that nothing in Redskins history compares to Riggo's run to win Super Bowl XVII)
Riggins's 4th down run is one of, if not the, best moments in Super Bowl history.

Quote: