Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-14-2008, 01:58 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I could see both Thomas and Taylor end up in New England. Granted, there's a lot of possibilities that exist. Of course, I could see Dan Morgan end up in New England as well, and they aren't going to sign or trade for every veteran LB.

As for the idea of Thomas in New England - Bruschi/Seau shouldn't be playing fulltime anymore. Having those three old guys rotate in there, with Adalius next to them, wouldn't be the worst idea. It gives them flexibility and safety in case an injury happens to Colvin, allowing them to kick Adalius outside and still having a rotation inside.

As for Taylor - I still believe that Parcells will make a deal with him, and if the Patriots offer the best deal, I don't think Parcells will care that it's within division as long as it makes sense for him. I know I was blasted by some last time I mentioned it, but I just don't see why Parcells would be hesitant if he gets enough value. My guess is that it'll take a late 2nd or early 3rd to pry Taylor.

Other teams I could see Thomas:

Cincinnati - they could use some leadership.

Tennessee - this one might make the most sense of 4-3 teams. they could use a mike there.

Denver - it's a thought. That said, DJ played well enough down the stretch.

New Orleans Saints - would be an upgrade to what they have now, and a team that's competitive. also brings him closer to home, if that makes a difference (i know he has that health club in texas).

those 4 seem to make the most sense out of the entire league, but who knows. maybe he calls it quits, or maybe he takes a backup role. can't think of many other teams that would utilize him in a key way.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 02:03 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can see him signing with a contender.
Maybe the Pats...

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 02:07 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xonraider View Post
Hmm... wouldn't be a bad a quisition for Oakland, we could move Kirk to SLB.
I wouldnt wanna move Morrison out of his natural position again just to accomodate an old veteran who wouldnt give us more than a year or two anyways.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 02:22 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
Beacuse i believe at least one of them will retire...and they are all old. Hence they could do with a breather.
Adalius won't retire, but I definately could see Seau doing so.
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 02:38 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

he should goto the patriots
also i dont think Seau is going to retire
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 02:52 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Parcells has Gorilla sized balls.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 02:56 PM    (permalink
adamprez2003
Rookie

adamprez2003 is a cocksman.adamprez2003 is a cocksman.adamprez2003 is a cocksman.adamprez2003 is a cocksman.adamprez2003 is a cocksman.

Zach lost a step last year. For a guy his size that made him an average LB. He's still got great instincts but the wheels are leaking air. He can probably squeeze out two years but he needs to play in a 4-3 with monstrous DTs keeping the traffic clear

Eeez Ezpecially Delicious
adamprez2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 02:59 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamprez2003 View Post
Zach lost a step last year. For a guy his size that made him an average LB. He's still got great instincts but the wheels are leaking air. He can probably squeeze out two years but he needs to play in a 4-3 with monstrous DTs keeping the traffic clear
Agreed. Thats why I said Jacksonville would be an ideal spot for him. Although Jacksonville probably doesn't need him.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 03:10 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

Jacksonville doesn't need him, you're right...we've got four capable starters and only three starting spots...so currently, one guy is going to be left out...it's likely to be Peterson...if we got Thomas he'd likely just be rotated...
JagHombre22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 03:14 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Parcells has Gorilla sized balls.
Thomas is a fan favorite, but he's old, had two concussions last year, and was due almost 6 mil. I think most people say this coming a mile away.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 03:32 PM    (permalink
DI
Veteran

DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd look for San Diego to be a player. Also, maybe Tennessee as well.
DI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 03:45 PM    (permalink
RAZERSAINTS
Rookie

RAZERSAINTS hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Trading him was out of the question? I thought he could garner a 5th at least.
they could of got at least a 7th something

Sick sig by Jackalope

LIFE IS HARD WHEN YOU ARE A SAINTS FAN
RAZERSAINTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 03:45 PM    (permalink
nfrillman
Veteran

nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.

Well the Rams have a history of signing players with the reaction of, "I can't believe nobody else wanted him," and then finding out why nobody else wants him. Examples: Jamie Duncan, Chris Claiborne, Dexter Coakley, Drew Bennett, Corey Chavous. I personally like Thomas, but if the Rams signed him I'd still be worried about it.

I am done arguing, until somebody says something stupid.
nfrillman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 03:46 PM    (permalink
DChess
All-Pro

DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

any chance he tries to shop jason taylor. yay or nay
DChess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 03:53 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

chance yes but, the tuna did say when ask about JT and trades
"I Pefer keeping good players last i check he was a good player"

something like that
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 03:53 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the lions need to grab him as fast as they can
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 03:56 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

he doesn't make much sense for the lions. i don't think thomas can cover the deep middle. unless you are suggesting that they grab him for the sam role, which i guess is a possibility i hadn't considered all that much until now.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 03:57 PM    (permalink
Patriots16-0
Veteran

Patriots16-0 Patriots16-0 Patriots16-0 Patriots16-0 Patriots16-0

I like Zach Thomas, he was a great player in the last years, and is getting old. but it's too early to retirement. But I would prefer Al Wilson instead of him.

Thanks to darnik44two for the sig

Dream Pats Draft:
1. Vernon Gholston, LB, tOSU
2. Adarious Bowman, WR, Ok St
3a. Charles Godfrey, CB, Iowa
3b. Kevin Smith, RB, UCF
4. Peyton Hillis, RB, Ark
5. Jermichael Finley, TE, Texas
6. Brian Witherspoon, CB, Stillman
7. Pierre Garcon, WR, Mt Union
Patriots16-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 04:29 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A truly said day in Miami Dolphins' history. Zach was a truly great player and person for this organization for the past 12 years and I want to be one of the first to openly thank him for all his tireless efforts both on the field and off. He will be missed and I wish him luck wherever his career resumes in the future.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 05:21 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonsterwu View Post
he doesn't make much sense for the lions. i don't think thomas can cover the deep middle. unless you are suggesting that they grab him for the sam role, which i guess is a possibility i hadn't considered all that much until now.
i wasnt, i had forgotten the lions run the cover 2 lol my bad
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 05:44 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZERSAINTS View Post
they could of got at least a 7th something
Yeah...you really don't know how this stuff works.

Explain to me what GM in the league would trade away a draft pick for a 35 year old linebacker coming off a concussed season. Also, why would they trade for him when every knowledgeable person knew he'd be cut anyways, since he has a $6 million base salary.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 05:49 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
Yeah...you really don't know how this stuff works.

Explain to me what GM in the league would trade away a draft pick for a 35 year old linebacker coming off a concussed season. Also, why would they trade for him when every knowledgeable person knew he'd be cut anyways, since he has a $6 million base salary.
This is true. Also if you traded for him, you would have to pay his 6 million dollar salary. Now a team could probably sign him for 1-2 million for the season.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 06:20 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Plus Parcells and the Dolphins did the right thing by Thomas. They released him now, so that he could find a contender to potentially join at the start of free agency, and have the whole offseason to ingrain himself with his new team.
Old 02-14-2008, 07:11 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wouldn't mind the Saints taking a look, I think even with the age factor he'd be an upgrade over what Simoneau provided. (although they would essentially bring the same package to the table) Veteran Linebacker who gets by with savvy and instincts rather than sheer athletic ability.. although I believe Zach Thomas can do that on a higher level.

It definitely wouldn't be a solution at MIKE for the Long-term but we can still bring in a guy to groom from the Draft, there are much worse moves they could make.

Last edited by Auron : 02-14-2008 at 07:21 PM.
Auron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 07:30 PM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auron View Post
Wouldn't mind the Saints taking a look, I think even with the age factor he'd be an upgrade over what Simoneau provided. (although they would essentially bring the same package to the table) Veteran Linebacker who gets by with savvy and instincts rather than sheer athletic ability.. although I believe Zach Thomas can do that on a higher level.

It definitely wouldn't be a solution at MIKE for the Long-term but we can still bring in a guy to groom from the Draft, there are much worse moves they could make.
Im all for it I would love any help at LB

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
SaintsFanForLife is offline   Reply With Quote