Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-14-2008, 06:41 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Nothern Illinois School Shooting

Just saw on the news that a gunman wounded 20 people at Nothern Illinois, which is about 50 miles north of where I live. No one has been killed though, and the gunman took his own life.

I have some friends who go there so I'll be calling to see if they're ok.

When will it end? I mean seriously, this just makes me sick. Coward, takes his own life after shooting other people.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 06:44 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow, two school shootings in 1 year's span. That is just disturbing.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 06:46 PM    (permalink
Patriots16-0
Veteran

Patriots16-0 Patriots16-0 Patriots16-0 Patriots16-0 Patriots16-0

Wow... Did it happen in Northern Illinois University (from the MAC)?...

Thanks to darnik44two for the sig

Dream Pats Draft:
1. Vernon Gholston, LB, tOSU
2. Adarious Bowman, WR, Ok St
3a. Charles Godfrey, CB, Iowa
3b. Kevin Smith, RB, UCF
4. Peyton Hillis, RB, Ark
5. Jermichael Finley, TE, Texas
6. Brian Witherspoon, CB, Stillman
7. Pierre Garcon, WR, Mt Union
Patriots16-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 06:53 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots16-0 View Post
Wow... Did it happen in Northern Illinois University (from the MAC)?...
That's what it says in the title of this thread my friend...

Just talked to a friend of mine who has classes in Cole Hall, and he said he heard the gun shots while going to his next class.

Wow....

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 07:01 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

People just don't value life anymore, and it's a sick ******* world we live in.

Hopefully everyone is ok who was wounded.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 07:07 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

I work with the University of Florida's police department a lot and after the VT shooting I asked a buddy of mine who is a cop with their police department (I work with Gainesville Police Department) he told me that it is very easy for someone to just walk on most campuses and just start shooting...because most public university's have open campus policies...

it's sad really but luckily the only life lost was the shooters...
JagHombre22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 07:20 PM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Absolutely terrible thing to have happen. I hope everyone recovers and there only remains one death.

Last edited by Twiddler : 02-14-2008 at 08:36 PM.
Twiddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 07:22 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You have to check out this proposed bill for Arizona. I just cannot fathom the idiocy of it.

Proposed bill OKs guns in schools

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 07:39 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
You have to check out this proposed bill for Arizona. I just cannot fathom the idiocy of it.

Something similar to this was proposed at my school. I couldnt believe it. Luckily it didnt pass. You gotta wonder who actually thinks thats a good idea? Some lame ass who thinks he'd be the hero in a situation like this.
Cashmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 07:40 PM    (permalink
k0ng
Rookie

k0ng could make a wolverine purr.k0ng could make a wolverine purr.k0ng could make a wolverine purr.k0ng could make a wolverine purr.k0ng could make a wolverine purr.k0ng could make a wolverine purr.

5 people confirmed dead, including the shooter.
k0ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 08:11 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Campus was supposedly shut down in December after a previous threat. Horrific tragedy and lets all hope this trend does not continue.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 08:28 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just read about this, that sucks to hear

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 08:39 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post

That is a great law. If you have a permit to carry a concealed weapon, you have passed extensive background checks. Private citizens returned fire at the UT gunman, forcing him to take cover. There was a higher homicide rate during the Middle Ages then there is in even the most crime ridden cities in the US. Guns don't kill people, people kill people.

Outlawing guns(or even outlawing on campus) only takes gun out of the hands of people who obey the law. Those are the people you don't have to worry about shooting people. Like me, as soon as I graduate, I am getting a license to carry a concealed weapon, and I will carry one with me at all times(except when I go to bars and the like, alcohol+guns is just irresponsible.)

It isn't people don't value life anymore, it is people have never valued life(unless their own, of course.) We are not in some sick depraved time. We are only in the time of the media. Like I said before the homicide rate was much higher in the Middle Ages. The only difference? The people only knew about the ones that happened directly next to them. If this were the 1800's people outside of Illinois wouldn't have even heard about this. There has always been murders, and their always will be murders. Saying that gun lead to violence is like saying forks lead to obesity.

Hope all your friends are ok.
Old 02-14-2008, 08:54 PM    (permalink
7-11
Veteran

7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone447 View Post
That is a great law. If you have a permit to carry a concealed weapon, you have passed extensive background checks. Private citizens returned fire at the UT gunman, forcing him to take cover. There was a higher homicide rate during the Middle Ages then there is in even the most crime ridden cities in the US. Guns don't kill people, people kill people.

Outlawing guns(or even outlawing on campus) only takes gun out of the hands of people who obey the law. Those are the people you don't have to worry about shooting people. Like me, as soon as I graduate, I am getting a license to carry a concealed weapon, and I will carry one with me at all times(except when I go to bars and the like, alcohol+guns is just irresponsible.)

It isn't people don't value life anymore, it is people have never valued life(unless their own, of course.) We are not in some sick depraved time. We are only in the time of the media. Like I said before the homicide rate was much higher in the Middle Ages. The only difference? The people only knew about the ones that happened directly next to them. If this were the 1800's people outside of Illinois wouldn't have even heard about this. There has always been murders, and their always will be murders. Saying that gun lead to violence is like saying forks lead to obesity.

Ban forks!
7-11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 08:56 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k0ng View Post
5 people confirmed dead, including the shooter.
Another bad shooting. First the Colleges started shooting, then the churches, then the mall, what next? McDonald's, is there any decency in this world? Christ, maybe the government should make it mandatory to go to a therapist.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 09:00 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
Another bad shooting. First the Colleges started shooting, then the churches, then the mall, what next? McDonald's, is there any decency in this world? Christ, maybe the government should make it mandatory to go to a therapist.
No, there is no decency in this world, and there never was decency in this world. Look at the St Bartholomew's Day Massacre, Knights Templars were killed in churches then too.

NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO, The government should not make ANYTHING mandatory, but that is all I am going to say about that. Otherwise I will get another infraction.
Old 02-14-2008, 09:05 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

*clap*...*clap*...*clap*

anyways. Horrible story. It's like when you think you've heard enough of this crap, it starts up again.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 09:13 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No, there is no decency in this world, and there never was decency in this world. Look at the St Bartholomew's Day Massacre, Knights Templars were killed in churches then too.

NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO, The government should not make ANYTHING mandatory, but that is all I am going to say about that. Otherwise I will get another infraction.
hahahahaha

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 10:31 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

its now 6 dead

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 11:04 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Terrible.

If guns were OK'd on my campus I'd pack heat no doubt, it's not like someone would get a permit to take a gun on campus and shoot it up anyway. Plus they're not concerned if it's legal or not. Only problem would be the homies/gangster wannabe's that would pack just to act like a hard***.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 11:11 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

Most University's already have a "no firearm" rule in place in the their student code of conduct...people just don't read the damn little books they give out at orientation....
JagHombre22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 11:35 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This stuff really pisses me off. I had friends that went to northern i think they all graduated. I hate hearing about this.

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 11:36 PM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i guy from my high school is apparently one of the guys who died... he was in the same grade as me...

Sig by me... Hold the applause.
VoteLynnSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 11:38 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

^I'm sorry to hear that man, did you go to school in the area?

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 11:41 PM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by regoob2 View Post
^I'm sorry to hear that man, did you go to school in the area?
I went to York in Elmhurst... it's just such a travesty events like this...

Sig by me... Hold the applause.
VoteLynnSwan is offline   Reply With Quote