Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-14-2008, 10:45 PM    (permalink
NEtimehester

So crazy. I walked past that room an hour before it happened. I was supposed to hang out with my buddy tonight but he was in that room. I couldn't get a hold of him for a long time but then I saw him on CNN so he is ok. Noone I know was injured. Crazy that it actually happened here. It is probably related to the threat in december but it isn't confirmed. Back then I thought it was just someone who didn't want to take finals.
Old 02-14-2008, 10:51 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What threat in december??? Do you know any names???

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 11:02 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by regoob2 View Post
What threat in december??? Do you know any names???
Some person made threats on NIU's campus back in December and they went on high alert, something about killing all the n*gg*** (figure out what racial slur I'm saying) on campus...Then two months later the school is attacked.

Scary **** man, scary ****.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 11:25 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Very scary, my thoughts and prayers are with the ones who lost one close to them. Its awful stuff. I'm at UWM in the dorms and one of my roomates was actually IMing with his cousin who was in that class that the shooting happened (cousin was unharmed). Well, at least thats what he said. That is some scary stuff.

Last edited by yodabear : 02-14-2008 at 11:28 PM.
yodabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 12:14 AM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

Well hhhmmm, this certainly hits loser than any other. These things are just indescribable. SMH

Bosanac01
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 02:54 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone447 View Post
That is a great law. If you have a permit to carry a concealed weapon, you have passed extensive background checks. Private citizens returned fire at the UT gunman, forcing him to take cover. There was a higher homicide rate during the Middle Ages then there is in even the most crime ridden cities in the US. Guns don't kill people, people kill people.

Outlawing guns(or even outlawing on campus) only takes gun out of the hands of people who obey the law. Those are the people you don't have to worry about shooting people. Like me, as soon as I graduate, I am getting a license to carry a concealed weapon, and I will carry one with me at all times(except when I go to bars and the like, alcohol+guns is just irresponsible.)

It isn't people don't value life anymore, it is people have never valued life(unless their own, of course.) We are not in some sick depraved time. We are only in the time of the media. Like I said before the homicide rate was much higher in the Middle Ages. The only difference? The people only knew about the ones that happened directly next to them. If this were the 1800's people outside of Illinois wouldn't have even heard about this. There has always been murders, and their always will be murders. Saying that gun lead to violence is like saying forks lead to obesity.

Hope all your friends are ok.
Bringing a gun to bars or any place where 51% or more of their revenue is from selling alcohol is illegal. Also, you cant bring it to any area where betting is involved (horse races, dog races) Just thought I would tell you but it is something you will learn in the CHL class. I took it in December and I am currently waiting for it to come through since it takes about 2 months for the gov't to do a huge background check. Not to mention they finger print each finger and then do one large print of your 4 fingers. People think they dont want students with CHL's to be able to bring their gun to school but if something like this happens to your school then you are in the fate of the gunmen. Not to mention you have to be 21 to get a CHL so its not like every kid on campus is going to be having one. Then girls are mostly against guns so you can take them off the list too. Basically, you get the 21 years or older guys that would be able to carry a handgun. The gov't doesnt give it to anyone. If you have been arrested for anything they dont give it to you.

I agree with what you said though. If someone wanted to go on campus and take their life he has already made up his mind that he is going to do it. The law is you cant bring a gun if you have a CHL on the premises of a school. Premises doesnt include in the parking lots though. As you can see, having this law really is taking the gun out of the responsible people. This law has done nothing to stop school shootings. IMO its happening more because the gunmen knows no one can fight back for a good amount of time until police arrive.

Last edited by jayceheathman : 02-15-2008 at 03:09 AM.
jayceheathman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 05:14 AM    (permalink
rchrd
Veteran

rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That is a great law. If you have a permit to carry a concealed weapon, you have passed extensive background checks. Private citizens returned fire at the UT gunman, forcing him to take cover. There was a higher homicide rate during the Middle Ages then there is in even the most crime ridden cities in the US. Guns don't kill people, people kill people.

Outlawing guns(or even outlawing on campus) only takes gun out of the hands of people who obey the law. Those are the people you don't have to worry about shooting people. Like me, as soon as I graduate, I am getting a license to carry a concealed weapon, and I will carry one with me at all times(except when I go to bars and the like, alcohol+guns is just irresponsible.)

It isn't people don't value life anymore, it is people have never valued life(unless their own, of course.) We are not in some sick depraved time. We are only in the time of the media. Like I said before the homicide rate was much higher in the Middle Ages. The only difference? The people only knew about the ones that happened directly next to them. If this were the 1800's people outside of Illinois wouldn't have even heard about this. There has always been murders, and their always will be murders. Saying that gun lead to violence is like saying forks lead to obesity.

Hope all your friends are ok.
While I don’t necessarily disagree the cynic in me would be thinking ‘more guns?! how can that be the answer’. Then again while gun crime is becoming an increasing problem in Britain I dont have to deal with it's consequences as often as it seems to be reported elsewhere, maybe it's as simple as guns being less readily available but that's over simplifying the issue. I sometimes have trouble understanding this theory popularised as North American (because it's not just America where civilians are armed) that more guns would be a viable option for positive change...

My thoughts are with all those involved.
Old 02-15-2008, 09:24 AM    (permalink
Bearsfan123
Pro Bowler

Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

this is actually the 4th shooting in a week (i thought i read that in the Yahoo article but i can no longer find where it said that). Ill never understand the minds of the shooters...

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
Jimmy Buckets <3
Bearsfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 09:43 AM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They released the shooters name: The gunman who killed six people in a Northern Illinois University lecture hall before committing suicide was identified Friday as 27-year-old former student Steven Kazmierczak, according to Florida authorities and a university official familiar with the investigation. http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/niu_shooting

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 11:59 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any list of the victims yet? I doubt it but wanted to check.

And definitely none of the gun control talk, really. This is a tragedy.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 12:12 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wow, in the news. There are so many shootings and i just dont get it. I dont. We had one big shooting in germany but there where about 5 in 2 weeks when i was back in america. i just dont get it

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 12:21 PM    (permalink
JPLUFF
Veteran

JPLUFF hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBond93 View Post

Amen...couldn't we just keep this thread to giving respect to those whose lives were lost and those who lost loved ones?
Old 02-15-2008, 12:23 PM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:

I agree lets keep it about what was lost.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
SaintsFanForLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 12:24 PM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Im just going to stop watching the news its so depressing

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
Old 02-15-2008, 12:32 PM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Miller released the identities of four victims: Daniel Parmenter, 20, of Elmhurst; Catalina Garcia, 20, of Cicero; Ryanne Mace, 19, of Carpentersville; and Julianna Gehant, 32, of Meridan.

Another victim, Gayle Dubowski, a 20-year-old sophomore from Carol Stream, died at a Rockford hospital, Winnebago County Coroner Sue Fiduccia said.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.
VoteLynnSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 12:42 PM    (permalink
RAZERSAINTS
Rookie

RAZERSAINTS hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

God bless all the loved ones

Sick sig by Jackalope

LIFE IS HARD WHEN YOU ARE A SAINTS FAN
RAZERSAINTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 02:02 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why couldnt the gunman just take his own life and not bring innocent people down with him. Terrible news

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 02:10 PM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

This school shooting stuff is really getting out of hand.. it seems they would have learned after the first few times to add more security or something. Online classes will soon be even more popular than they already are

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
Old 02-15-2008, 02:12 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Now they're saying the shooter stopped taking his meds. No doubt we all agree this is getting quite out of hand.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 02:17 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619 View Post
Now they're saying the shooter stopped taking his meds. No doubt we all agree this is getting quite out of hand.
Yeah it's getting rediculous. How do all these kids get guns?

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 02:42 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
Why couldnt the gunman just take his own life and not bring innocent people down with him. Terrible news
Because they probably want everyone to know who they are and they dont care how they become famous even if it means causing a tragedy. I remember reading about the kid that started shooting in that mall told his friends he was going to be on the news and become famous.
Old 02-15-2008, 03:21 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
Yeah it's getting rediculous. How do all these kids get guns?
It isn't hard at all... If you know someone who sells weed you will be able to get to someone who will sell guns. If I had enough money, I could easily get an Assault Rifle.

The guy was 27 anyway.

Like I have been saying, there aren't more murders now(in terms of percentage of the population, obviously since the population is bigger there will be more). They are just much more highly publicized. Blame the sensationalist news for publicizing so much more of it. One hundred years ago, the vast majority of people wouldn't have even heard of it.

I don't think it was a coincidence it happened on Valentines day either. I bet the gunman wanted to overshadow the St. Valentine's Day Massacre.
Old 02-15-2008, 03:35 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

Quote:
I don't think it was a coincidence it happened on Valentines day either. I bet the gunman wanted to overshadow the St. Valentine's Day Massacre.
Thats what I was thinking as well.
Cashmoney is offline   Reply With Quote