Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-15-2008, 10:48 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
Well I guess you can end this, Mike Wahle just signed with the Seahawks.
Yeah but he was cut. Guys who are cut can be signed immediately. Most of the big name free agents' contract don't expire until when Free Agency starts.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 10:51 AM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

FA starts on the 29th

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
SaintsFanForLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 11:22 AM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintsFanForLife View Post
I would love for the Saints to take Samuel and Briggs.. God know we need them..
You guys just don't learn do you??

You play man-to-man, you can't keep signing zone corners just because they were good in their system and expect them to be good in yours. Samuel lacks elite speed to play in man, he's an opportunist with good instincts and is the perfect zone corner. You did this with Jason Davis, how did that work out for ya....

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 11:29 AM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

Asante Samuel to the Titans!
Cashmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 11:35 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I could see the bears signing Corey Williams early to team up with Tommie Harris. I hope we sign Michael Boley!
I could see the Packers Tag him rather than that

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 11:49 AM    (permalink
adamprez2003
Rookie

adamprez2003 is a cocksman.adamprez2003 is a cocksman.adamprez2003 is a cocksman.adamprez2003 is a cocksman.adamprez2003 is a cocksman.

Michael Turner - Lions or Bears

Eeez Ezpecially Delicious
adamprez2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 11:51 AM    (permalink
RAZERSAINTS
Rookie

RAZERSAINTS hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamprez2003 View Post
Michael Turner - Lions
Briggs to the Fins

Sick sig by Jackalope

LIFE IS HARD WHEN YOU ARE A SAINTS FAN
RAZERSAINTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 12:01 PM    (permalink
Young Legend
Veteran

Young Legend is a cocksman.Young Legend is a cocksman.Young Legend is a cocksman.Young Legend is a cocksman.

Briggs to the Redskins..they will sign him at 12:02 AM
Old 02-15-2008, 12:13 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebow305 View Post

You play man-to-man, you can't keep signing zone corners just because they were good in their system and expect them to be good in yours. Samuel lacks elite speed to play in man, he's an opportunist with good instincts and is the perfect zone corner. You did this with Jason Davis, how did that work out for ya....
It depends how good the corner is in man to man. Certainly Samuel will be better in zone coverage. His size would hurt him more in man to man than his speed.

Al Harris and Charles Woodson have below average speed and are in man to man 95% of the time and are shut down corners 95% of the time. Except when it's a big ass guy like Owens or Burress.

Bosanac01
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 12:44 PM    (permalink
RAZERSAINTS
Rookie

RAZERSAINTS hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebow305 View Post

I think its stupid that you compare Samual to Jason David...

Sick sig by Jackalope

LIFE IS HARD WHEN YOU ARE A SAINTS FAN
RAZERSAINTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 01:41 PM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
I can see Snyder throwing a ton of cash to Briggs and thus making the Redskins further in salary cap hell. =D
we havent even cut people and we are like 7 or 8 mill over
Old 02-15-2008, 02:51 PM    (permalink
Larry
Veteran

Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRS1 View Post
I would think it's probably going to be Samuel. I would rather have him than Nate Clements and that was the guy last year. I could see a number of teams after him and someone will throw stupid money at him and it will get done quick.
Samuel is not a complete corner like Clements.
Old 02-15-2008, 02:58 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can see Faneca to the Bears as well.
Old 02-15-2008, 03:06 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

Justin Smith to the Jags...
JagHombre22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 03:54 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I could see the bears signing Corey Williams early to team up with Tommie Harris. I hope we sign Michael Boley!

Good luck with that. I contract is close, and he is a great player. Dimitroff knows this, and I doubt he gets away. I'd be beyond pissed if he did though.
Old 02-15-2008, 04:12 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well I guess you can end this, Mike Wahle just signed with the Seahawks.
Wahle was a vet that was cut, not a free agent. Not the same thing.

As for your other comment, we won't sign Corey Williams. I sure hope not anyway.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 04:34 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I'm having trouble finding a great match as well. For such a good player, thats strange. I could see not many teams wanting to pay the type of salary he is looking for, for a LBer. A lot of teams who would probably want him, already have their stud linebacker. Maybe a team like the Vikings?
The Vikings aren't going to give Briggs the big deal he wants. The Vikings don't need another LB. Chad Greenway in his first year starting played very good year at WLB. EJ Henderson had a great year at MLB and was a pro bowl alternate. Ben Leber also had a pretty good year at SLB.

I'm guessing Briggs is going to wind up in New Orleans.
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 05:30 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone have the current cap numbers?

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 05:43 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Falcons could end up overpaying somebody. I mean, it happens every year.

Hopefully we end up with one of the Colts guards to play RG, or a servicable tackle like Maurice Williams. Maybe a cornerback because we are two deep. We have Trey Lewis at nose tackle, maybe someone there. Or even under tackle, where Babineaux is alone now. Marcus Wilkins was cut, so LB depth could be had, and we are one deep at each of the LB spots. Chris Crocker is leaving so we have no FS depth and could sign someone there. Lawyer Milloy could end up cut and Darren Stone is not proven, maybe a signing there too. Could use a pass rushing defensive end to spell Abraham. At QB we could resign Chris Redman or sign a journeyman quarterback to fill in. Runningback Michael Turner would be OK, but free agent runningbacks usually do not turn out too well. Maybe someone less high profile. Crumpler was cut, so a tight end is possible. At wide receiver Jenkins is leaving next year and I could see Joe Horn cut, we could use someone there, maybe a guy like Jabar Gaffney. At center we are undersized, so maybe.

At fullback we are fine, we just payed eighteen million last year who lead Warrick Dunn to like 3.2 yards a carry. But the numbers don't tell the whole truth, he is actually ok.

I think that is everything.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 06:16 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Asante Samuel to the Cards

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 06:29 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see Briggs going to the Saints. Aren't they kinda cheap?

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 06:34 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the Saints have a strategy of signing "low/mid-level" free agents to hold the fort, so to speak, until they can eventually address positions through the Draft. But they did sign Drew Brees to big deal, 6 years and $60M I think it was, and signed Charles Grant to a big extension. Marques Colston should deservingly get a big deal this offseason, and Will Smith soon enough.

I think it's a smart approach, I like it. They aren't getting far away from building through the Draft and keeping the great players they've developed, although granted Grant and Smith were drafted by the previous regime.

That said, Briggs is the best linebacker in the league imo. And I'm not crazy about using a 1st round pick on a linebacker, I'd much rather use it elsewhere, maybe the Saints feel the same and prefer the developed product in Briggs to immediately step in.

Last edited by Geo : 02-15-2008 at 06:40 PM.
Geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 06:37 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Samuel to the Jets.
Old 02-15-2008, 06:41 PM    (permalink
throwback54milkman
Veteran

throwback54milkman needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimDris View Post
Samuel to the Jets.
I don't think we need 2 stud CBs and a stud SS making a lot of money (rhodes' money will come soon) i'd rather throw money at o-line and sign a solid #2 CB

^^Sig From Nvot9
J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!
throwback54milkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 06:42 PM    (permalink
Yung Flippa
Veteran

Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Bryant Johnson to the Ravens.

Baltimore: 7-4
Yung Flippa is offline   Reply With Quote