Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-15-2008, 11:47 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Released/waived players thread

Not every released player or released group of players merit a thread for themselves, so here's one big thread for that cause.

WR Peerless Price is released by the Buffalo Bills, along with LB Kevin Harrison and DB E.J. Underwood.

The Atlanta Falcons have released 10-year veteran DT Rod Coleman.

I'd like the Colts to give Coleman a look, to be honest. I'm not crazy about the 3-techs they can get in this year's Draft, I'd rather have two years of Coleman.
Old 02-15-2008, 11:49 AM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Chiefs release starter John Welbourn

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
SaintsFanForLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 11:52 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Kansas City Chiefs released John Welbourn, who started all 16 games at right guard last season.
Old 02-15-2008, 01:18 PM    (permalink
NIN1984
Pro Bowler

NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The coin flip between the Raiders and Falcons is going to be extremely important because I believe Rams, Raiders and Falcons all could be looking at Ellis and Dorsey. So whoever is at 4 could miss out.
NIN1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 01:21 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Falcons are going to cut a lot of 'big names' because they want to rid themselves of the old, declining players who are eating all the cap space. Others that might also be cut:

Lawyer Milloy
Keith Brooking
Byron Leftwich
Wayne Gandy
Todd Weiner
Kynan Forney
Warrick Dunn

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 01:37 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Atlanta Falcons released seven players on Friday including: tight end Alge Crumpler, quarterback Byron Leftwich, offensive tackle Wayne Gandy, cornerback Lewis Sanders, wide receiver Jamin Elliott, linebacker Marcus Wilkins and defensive tackle Rod Coleman.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...o&confirm=true

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Falcons cut Crumpler & Leftwich, among others:

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
The Falcons are going to cut a lot of 'big names' because they want to rid themselves of the old, declining players who are eating all the cap space. Others that might also be cut:

Lawyer Milloy
Keith Brooking
Byron Leftwich
Wayne Gandy
Todd Weiner
Kynan Forney
Warrick Dunn
I read there were 10 players that were going to be cut today by the Falcons. If this is part of the list there are some good names on it....

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT

Last edited by SaintsFanForLife : 02-15-2008 at 01:46 PM.
Old 02-15-2008, 01:45 PM    (permalink
lionsfan81
Rookie

lionsfan81 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.lionsfan81 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebow305 View Post
Falcons cut Crumpler & Leftwich, among others:

Alge is still good isn't he? To me he's a guy that will be pursued heavily in free agency.
lionsfan81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 01:47 PM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsfan81 View Post
Alge is still good isn't he? To me he's a guy that will be pursued heavily in free agency.
I think Alge is still good and I would like to see the Saints pick him up.....Thats a big cut by the Falcons

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
Old 02-15-2008, 01:54 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintsFanForLife View Post
I think Alge is still good and I would like to see the Saints pick him up.....Thats a big cut by the Falcons
The problem with Crumpler is that he has a poor work ethic and I heard that he comes into training camp overweight every year. I think the perfect team for him would be the Titans who are in need of a TE that fits Cumpler's mold.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 01:56 PM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

He will be the top TE FA out there this year

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
Old 02-15-2008, 02:00 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One more reason why i wish the Vikings wouldn't have wasted a ton of money on crappy Shiancoe...
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 02:05 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Dude View Post
One more reason why i wish the Vikings wouldn't have wasted a ton of money on crappy Shiancoe...
Yea, that was a terrible signing. But I love it. To think, we could potentially get a 6th round comp pick because you guys gave Shiancoe about 4 or 5 times what he is actually worth.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 02:06 PM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Yea that was a bad move..

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
Old 02-15-2008, 02:08 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Crumpler could really help out a team in need of offensive threats. I hope the lions will get him.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 02:10 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good move cutting Crumpler. Like a previous poster said, he has a terrible work ethic and drops a bunch of passes. But still, he would be a nice addition for a team like the Titans. Vince could use a safety blanket and use Crumpler like Vick used Crumpler.

Coleman still has a couple of years left and would be a nice addition to some teams that need a UT. I think his backup is ready to play.

I am pretty excited for these cuts. We are in full fledged rebuilding mode. Now only if we can accumulate more draft picks...I would love to trade down with Dallas if McFadden is still on the board. That would be at least 2 firsts, 2 seconds, maybe 2 3rds (Kerney comp).

The only guy I dont want being cut is Milloy. I think we could still use his leadership and he still has a year or two in his tank.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 02:17 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Yea, that was a terrible signing. But I love it. To think, we could potentially get a 6th round comp pick because you guys gave Shiancoe about 4 or 5 times what he is actually worth.
Quote:
Yea that was a bad move..
I can't take the credit for that winner.....

Childress thinks that he's being so sly when he pulls **** like that. It's just more proof that he is overwhelmed as a HC.
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 02:29 PM    (permalink
rascal
Rookie

rascal hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Expect Alge to go to Seattle.
rascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 02:53 PM    (permalink
rchrd
Veteran

rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I can't take the credit for that winner.....

Childress thinks that he's being so sly when he pulls **** like that. It's just more proof that he is overwhelmed as a HC.
He took some risks, he managed to hit with Leber and Chester Taylor, although it does seem Visanthe was a big big miss.
Old 02-15-2008, 02:56 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchrd View Post
He took some risks, he managed to hit with Leber and Chester Taylor, although it does seem Visanthe was a big big miss.
Well at least Leber and Taylor somewhat had success in their previous teams. Shiancoe had 35 catches over 4 full seasons with the Giants. Granted he had Shockey in front of him but Shiancoe wasn't even the greatest blocker.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 04:16 PM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

A league source tells us that the Kansas City Chiefs soon will be releasing veteran cornerback Ty Law.

How maney years do you guys think he has left if any?

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
Old 02-15-2008, 04:18 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
A league source tells us that the Kansas City Chiefs soon will be releasing veteran cornerback Ty Law.

How maney years do you guys think he has left if any?
You're getting desperate now. Haha.
Old 02-15-2008, 04:21 PM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
You're getting desperate now. Haha.
I dont want Law on my team I just want to know if he is worth even picking up anymore?

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
Old 02-15-2008, 04:22 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Jay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Ty Law gets signed and released by a new team every year.