Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-15-2008, 01:17 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Falcons Release 7 Players

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3247718

Notable Players Released
TE Algae Crumpler
QB Byron Leftwich
OT Wayne Gandy
DT Rod Coleman

This may really effect the draft. The Falcons holes at QB, OT, and DT just got a lot bigger.
Old 02-15-2008, 01:19 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Crumpler surprises me. Is this a move to free up some cap space?
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 01:23 PM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

This is already on Geo's Thread" Released/waived players thread "http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...ad.php?t=18261

but yea its to rebuild and for cap space

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
SaintsFanForLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 01:24 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

These guys had some pretty big contracts, so getting rid of them frees up considerable amounts of space.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 01:26 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

Crumpler surprises me....Leftwich can still play, he'll be someone's decent backup...Coleman could supply some team with good DT depth...
JagHombre22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 01:31 PM    (permalink
Average OT LB
Veteran

Average OT LB is a cocksman.Average OT LB is a cocksman.Average OT LB is a cocksman.

They did not release Alge because of salary... courtesy of rotoworld

Falcons released seven players Friday, including four-time Pro Bowl TE Alge Crumpler, QB Byron Leftwich, and LT Wayne Gandy.
This is a strong statement about Crumpler's lack of conditioning and health, because the team saves only $1.3 million by cutting Crumpler this season. Crumpler, 30, has some question marks but immediately becomes the top tight end on the free agent market. He'd be worthwhile pickup for a team like the Vikings, Bills, Seahawks, or Buccaneers

sig by bosanac01
Average OT LB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 01:41 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

coleman can still play. hes only like 31 i think.

looks like the falcons will definitely be looking to draft a qb. no way they can think harringtons the answer.
Old 02-15-2008, 01:44 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

I've been saying all along...Matt Ryan will be their pick
JagHombre22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 01:44 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was really hoping they would cut Harrington. I would have loved to have him on the Giants as a back up.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 01:49 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I was really hoping they would cut Harrington. I would have loved to have him on the Giants as a back up.
so would i...
Old 02-15-2008, 01:49 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I agree. I feel like he's a really good back up. I could see him liking the media attention too.

Honestly, I'd like to see us draft a late round rookie to groom behind Eli to become a suitable back up.
Old 02-15-2008, 01:54 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
so would i...
You guys are delusional . . .
Old 02-15-2008, 01:59 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
You guys are delusional . . .
Why he isn't completely horrible. In a best case scenario he would never play anyway. And if your starting QB goes down for the year, your season is done anyway. But I look at him as a guy who can come in a play 2 or 3 games if need be and maange it enough where if you have a good defense and running game, he might be able to win half the games until your starter comes back.
Old 02-15-2008, 02:13 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Dunn isn't cut I don't know what I will do I just can't watch him run up the middle for 1 yard every play for another year.
Old 02-15-2008, 02:14 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Why he isn't completely horrible. In a best case scenario he would never play anyway. And if your starting QB goes down for the year, your season is done anyway.
trust me, Joey Harrington IS just completely horrible.

Quote:
But I look at him as a guy who can come in a play 2 or 3 games if need be and maange it enough where if you have a good defense and running game, he might be able to win half the games until your starter comes back.
the only thing he'll manage is manage to run your team into the ground.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 02:17 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
trust me, Joey Harrington IS just completely horrible.

the only thing he'll manage is manage to run your team into the ground.
I dunno. Maybe if he had any actual talent around him at any point in his career. This guy has played for the Lions, Dolphins, and Falcons.
Old 02-15-2008, 02:21 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alge Crumpler, Rod Coleman and Wayne Gandy are shocking to me.

Byron Leftwich, not so much. He should never hsve been there in the first place. Not a team with an OL that ******.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 02:26 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't mind bringing Harrington to AZ to back up Leinart once Warner is gone

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 03:51 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
Alge Crumpler, Rod Coleman and Wayne Gandy are shocking to me.

Byron Leftwich, not so much. He should never hsve been there in the first place. Not a team with an OL that ******.

I'll clear things up. None of this should be shocking.

Crumpler: Getting older, injury plagued, and he is grossly overweight. Drops a ton of balls. He is a product of Mike Vick. He's nothing more then average now.

Rod Coleman- Big contract, getting older, just hurt way to often. If healthy, he is still a good DT.

Wayne Gandy- He's just old and terrible. Nuff said.
Old 02-15-2008, 03:53 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow...Rod Coleman can dominate when healthy. I'd love him in the Tampa 2 as someone that can spot Tommie Harris. Similar to what we tried to do with Darwin Walker this year but cheaper (Walker will be cut soon btw).

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 04:45 PM    (permalink
UK Cards Fan
Rookie

UK Cards Fan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.UK Cards Fan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Two main surprises. (I know Dimitroff is the GM, but I doubt these moves would have happened unless Mike Smith had signed off on them.)

Byron Leftwich. I expected BL to get a chance to start under Mike Smith. This may show however, just what the guys in Jacksonville thought of him. It's a shame; this is a guy who prior to his ankle injury in 2005 from Adrian Wilson looked capable of turning into a franchise Quarterback. Now, he looks little more than camp fodder / #3 guy.

Rod Coleman. Mike Smith had success in Jacksonville with two monster DTs. Coleman isn't that, but to release him is surprising as you are cutting a DT who can be very effective.

I thought before these moves that the Falcons would draft Ellis/Dorsey to give Mike Smith a potentially dominant D-line in Abraham, Rookie, Coleman and Anderson. I thought that Byron Leftwich would be given a chance to start, with a second rounder as insurance for the future.

Now, I don't know... It makes their needs at QB and DT both so much greater. Harrington / Redman don't appear to me to be guys who can hold down the QB spot for an entire year; the fans would get too restless, but surely the Falcons need something at DT?
Old 02-15-2008, 04:52 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK Cards Fan View Post
Two main surprises. (I know Dimitroff is the GM, but I doubt these moves would have happened unless Mike Smith had signed off on them.)

Byron Leftwich. I expected BL to get a chance to start under Mike Smith. This may show however, just what the guys in Jacksonville thought of him. It's a shame; this is a guy who prior to his ankle injury in 2005 from Adrian Wilson looked capable of turning into a franchise Quarterback. Now, he looks little more than camp fodder / #3 guy.

Rod Coleman. Mike Smith had success in Jacksonville with two monster DTs. Coleman isn't that, but to release him is surprising as you are cutting a DT who can be very effective.

I thought before these moves that the Falcons would draft Ellis/Dorsey to give Mike Smith a potentially dominant D-line in Abraham, Rookie, Coleman and Anderson. I thought that Byron Leftwich would be given a chance to start, with a second rounder as insurance for the future.

Now, I don't know... It makes their needs at QB and DT both so much greater. Harrington / Redman don't appear to me to be guys who can hold down the QB spot for an entire year; the fans would get too restless, but surely the Falcons need something at DT?
You can not have an elite defensive line with Jamaal Anderson starting. I mean, it immediately gives the quarterback a three man pass rush.

Seriously, the eight overall draft pick and he looked horrible last year. Really needs to get down to about 275-280. Last season he looked like he was in the high 290s.

But, Rod Coleman is not a big loss. Jonathan Babineaux is very good and likely better than Rod Coleman at this point. The problem is and has been nose tackle.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 05:21 PM    (permalink
B-Dawk
Veteran

B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Why he isn't completely horrible. In a best case scenario he would never play anyway. And if your starting QB goes down for the year, your season is done anyway. But I look at him as a guy who can come in a play 2 or 3 games if need be and maange it enough where if you have a good defense and running game, he might be able to win half the games until your starter comes back.
The hefty lefty would eat joey if he stepped foot in giants stadium

The way it is

GamerTag : GrubbyPaws (Halo 3, NCAA 09, Madden 09)
B-Dawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 05:33 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
You can not have an elite defensive line with Jamaal Anderson starting. I mean, it immediately gives the quarterback a three man pass rush.
Pretty harsh criticism for a rookie. Gotta give him at least a little time.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 05:36 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Watching Jamaal Anderson rush the passer is like watching paint dry or water run down a window. It is slow and painful, and accomplishes nothing.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote