Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 02-15-2008, 03:20 PM    (permalink
bmoreravens5289
Rookie

bmoreravens5289 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Steve McNair

Says he intends to return next year and be our starting QB. He says he can still play at a "high level." All i can say is LOL

Sig by BuckNaked
Ravens
Baltimore Orioles
Maryland Terrapins
bmoreravens5289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 03:24 PM    (permalink
bmoreravens5289
Rookie

bmoreravens5289 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I couldnt find a link to a website or anything but I just heard it on ESPN

Sig by BuckNaked
Ravens
Baltimore Orioles
Maryland Terrapins
bmoreravens5289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 04:41 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

its on the sun website.

I have to to agree , he is no longer at a high level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 05:56 PM    (permalink
Yung Flippa
Veteran

Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

He'll probably just start until Troy Smith or Matt Ryan (only QB, I think isn't going to be a bust) are ready to take over the team.

Baltimore: 7-4
Yung Flippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 06:23 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

o crap............. its time to move on, I may have been the biggest McNair supporter here but he gotta go.
Old 02-15-2008, 07:42 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

maybe he is healed now? lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 08:33 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ohhhh dear god NO. JUST NO. I dont see why he needs to be here anymore. I think its Troys time to start, he got some playing time at the end of last season and played pretty well. Also gets this whole offseason to go over oour offense and work with Cam Cameron. I really really hope that McNair will not start. It would just delay Troy or a QB that we draft time to play
Old 02-15-2008, 09:54 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont get all these "lol" I see, yes it would be funny if he wasnt getting 6 MILLION DOLLARS NEXT YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!! We could get 2 young talented starters who have 6-8 years left in them for that price.
Old 02-15-2008, 10:32 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hahaha you guys are worrying to much...i dont expect him to make it through cuts...well at least, i hope ozzie isnt stupid enough to keep him with a 6 million dollar cap hit next year. start troy from day 1, see wat we have on our hands, then go QB next year if he doesnt pan out. Im despise any of the qbs in this draft in the first 3 rounds except josh johnson. he would be interesting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 10:42 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I think he will make it through cuts because Ray seems to like him and obviously Ozzie likes him because he didnt cut this overpaid piece of crap yet.
Old 02-15-2008, 11:50 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
I think he will make it through cuts because Ray seems to like him and obviously Ozzie likes him because he didnt cut this overpaid piece of crap yet.
lol key word there was yet...there is still lots of time for our FO to wake up and realize wat a useless piecce of trash he is. Howver, if he is stillon the roster next year, i say we start a pool to see who can guess how many games into the season he gets injured.
Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
Old 02-16-2008, 08:03 AM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
hahaha you guys are worrying to much...i dont expect him to make it through cuts...well at least, i hope ozzie isnt stupid enough to keep him with a 6 million dollar cap hit next year. start troy from day 1, see wat we have on our hands, then go QB next year if he doesnt pan out. Im despise any of the qbs in this draft in the first 3 rounds except josh johnson. he would be interesting.
Agreed, Id much rather us go DE, CB, or OL, in round 1 than QB but seeing as how we have a new HC he might want to draft a QB round1. I wouldnt be totally upset with that, I would just rather us give Troy a chance and address a bigger need.
Old 02-16-2008, 01:13 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think they're gonna keep McNair, and he'll be the starter next year........the reason is because Ray likes him and this franchise bends over for Ray all the time, and its time for that to stop!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 02:15 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
I think they're gonna keep McNair, and he'll be the starter next year........the reason is because Ray likes him and this franchise bends over for Ray all the time, and its time for that to stop!
I doubt we'll take his opinion on who to start at QB. Sure the franchise likes to see him happy ( he is probably the greatest player in our team history), hes the reason we drafted Ngata and nobody right now has a prolem with Haloti whos turned into a fine player. Even if Ray is good buddies will McNair he knows damn well that McNair can't play for his life and won't call out the franchise for sitting him. He wants the best for team not for his pals in the locket room. Hes a great LB and no doubt the face of our franchise, he doesnt deserve all the crap he gets

Last edited by BmoreBlackByrdz : 02-16-2008 at 02:17 PM.
BmoreBlackByrdz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 02:15 PM    (permalink
The Beast in the East

yea i love ray as much as any other fan but even though i respect his professional judgement as a player and id love for him to retire in baltimore he has to stop trying to undermine the coaches decisions. Especially now with a new staff its important that Harbaugh can make the decisions he wants to make, not the ones ray wants to make.
Old 02-16-2008, 03:13 PM    (permalink
dcarey20
Pro Bowler

dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.

ROFL at Steve McNair.
Old 02-16-2008, 04:12 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
I doubt we'll take his opinion on who to start at QB. Sure the franchise likes to see him happy ( he is probably the greatest player in our team history), hes the reason we drafted Ngata and nobody right now has a prolem with Haloti whos turned into a fine player. Even if Ray is good buddies will McNair he knows damn well that McNair can't play for his life and won't call out the franchise for sitting him. He wants the best for team not for his pals in the locket room. Hes a great LB and no doubt the face of our franchise, he doesnt deserve all the crap he gets
DT was still a big need at the time, we would have taken one even if Ray didnt go to the media.
Old 02-16-2008, 09:07 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
DT was still a big need at the time, we would have taken one even if Ray didnt go to the media.
Exactly, but many say he was the reason we took Ngata over Winston Justice.
Old 02-16-2008, 09:10 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Are you kidding me? Ray is the reason we went after this human piece of garbage. Just goes to show you Ray was as good of a judge of QB's as Coach was. But wait no one is running Ray out of town, except me. Go the **** away Steve no one wants you here! Its time for Kyle or Troy to be the future of this team. Truthfully I don't care which one it is as long as it isn't that ass clown McNair.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 10:42 AM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
Are you kidding me? Ray is the reason we went after this human piece of garbage. Just goes to show you Ray was as good of a judge of QB's as Coach was. But wait no one is running Ray out of town, except me. Go the **** away Steve no one wants you here! Its time for Kyle or Troy to be the future of this team. Truthfully I don't care which one it is as long as it isn't that ass clown McNair.
No, we went after McNair because he was a great leader and we needed a player like him on our offense. You cant say it wasnt a bad pickup because he was part of the reason we went 13-3, although he did slow down towards the end of the season and it was his fault we lost in the playoffs,I doubt we would have done any better that season with Kyle Boller starting or even if we went after another QB such as Cullpeper.
Old 02-17-2008, 11:00 AM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No, we went after McNair because he was a great leader and we needed a player like him on our offense. You cant say it wasnt a bad pickup because he was part of the reason we went 13-3, although he did slow down towards the end of the season and it was his fault we lost in the playoffs,I doubt we would have done any better that season with Kyle Boller starting or even if we went after another QB such as Cullpeper.
I can say he was a bad pickup because he was. Get the f*ck over 13-3 because it was really 13-4 with an embarassing loss to the Colts at home which was that tool McNair's fault. Jesus Christ some of you alleged fans drive me crazy. If you can't figure out that Ray was behind us getting that piece of garbage then you are beyond help. And he wasn't this great leader anymore WHY DO YOU THINK TENNESSEE WAS SO QUICK TO DUMP HIM INSTEAD OF KEEPING HIM TO MENTOR HIS BOY VINCE YOUNG??????????????????????????????????????

Get a clue......

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

Old 02-17-2008, 12:09 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I can say he was a bad pickup because he was. Get the f*ck over 13-3 because it was really 13-4 with an embarassing loss to the Colts at home which was that tool McNair's fault. Jesus Christ some of you alleged fans drive me crazy. If you can't figure out that Ray was behind us getting that piece of garbage then you are beyond help. And he wasn't this great leader anymore WHY DO YOU THINK TENNESSEE WAS SO QUICK TO DUMP HIM INSTEAD OF KEEPING HIM TO MENTOR HIS BOY VINCE YOUNG??????????????????????????????????????

Get a clue......
in all fairness, they wanted to dump mcnair because he had like a 20 million dollar cap hit that year by some ridiculous contract thing...and because he had had several disagreements with titans management.

I dont think he was a bad pickup at the time...he was exactly wat we needed on offence that year; a leader. However now, he isnt a good player anymore and is no longer an asset, so its a moot point whether he was a good pickup or not. The fact is, now he isnt helping our team. He isnt the future, and if he has a six million dollar cap hit, he should be released immediately.

As far as ray goes...i think you guys are placing way way way too much blame on him for our franchises problems. As was stated above, yes he wanted a DT, but at that time it was a HUGE need anyways and honestly, who would you have rather had them draft then ngata? he was a top five talent that year, and he is a stud now. And if im a star Mike in the league, and playing in a 3-4 defense, i want some big ass DTs to keep guards off me too so i can go do my job. That said, it shouldnt overrule the needs of the team, but that was a team need at the time.

I dont think ray had a huge impact on them getting Mcnair: if you gusy recall, the ravens and titans werent on great terms as far as teams go. Ray had numerous public spats with eddie george, and i remember a few involving mcnair as well. In dont think ray wanted mcnair in particular, just a veteran QB in general. And who can blame him? after having a top defence for so many years, it would suck to be in that position where your offence just doesnt get it done. I think ray takes alot of criticism for things that really, are beyond his control. If you want to blame people, blame bichotti and newsome. They pulled the trigger on the trade.
Quote:
Old 02-17-2008, 12:14 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
in all fairness, they wanted to dump mcnair because he had like a 20 million dollar cap hit that year by some ridiculous contract thing...and because he had had several disagreements with titans management.

I dont think he was a bad pickup at the time...he was exactly wat we needed on offence that year; a leader. However now, he isnt a good player anymore and is no longer an asset, so its a moot point whether he was a good pickup or not. The fact is, now he isnt helping our team. He isnt the future, and if he has a six million dollar cap hit, he should be released immediately.

As far as ray goes...i think you guys are placing way way way too much blame on him for our franchises problems. As was stated above, yes he wanted a DT, but at that time it was a HUGE need anyways and honestly, who would you have rather had them draft then ngata? he was a top five talent that year, and he is a stud now. And if im a star Mike in the league, and playing in a 3-4 defense, i want some big ass DTs to keep guards off me too so i can go do my job. That said, it shouldnt overrule the needs of the team, but that was a team need at the time.

I dont think ray had a huge impact on them getting Mcnair: if you gusy recall, the ravens and titans werent on great terms as far as teams go. Ray had numerous public spats with eddie george, and i remember a few involving mcnair as well. In dont think ray wanted mcnair in particular, just a veteran QB in general. And who can blame him? after having a top defence for so many years, it would suck to be in that position where your offence just doesnt get it done. I think ray takes alot of criticism for things that really, are beyond his control. If you want to blame people, blame bichotti and newsome. They pulled the trigger on the trade.
Can't sum it up any better than that. McNair was a good pickup to make 1 last run at the Super Bowl, from then on hes useless and we need to start re-building. Cut him. I also agree with you on Ray Lewis, I really don't think he deserves all the critism he gets, especialy from his own fans. BigDawg, you call us alleged fans when your the one who calls out dozens of players and many moves by the FO. Support your teams decisions and players once in a while.

Last edited by BmoreBlackByrdz : 02-17-2008 at 12:30 PM.
BmoreBlackByrdz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 02:11 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Can't sum it up any better than that. McNair was a good pickup to make 1 last run at the Super Bowl, from then on hes useless and we need to start re-building. Cut him. I also agree with you on Ray Lewis, I really don't think he deserves all the critism he gets, especialy from his own fans. BigDawg, you call us alleged fans when your the one who calls out dozens of players and many moves by the FO. Support your teams decisions and players once in a while.
Don't ever question my allegiance to my team. Blind loyalty is just that BLIND. When my team makes questionable decisions you are damn right I'm going to call them on them. Just because you don't have the balls to do it doesn't give you the right to question my support for the Ravens.

Ray was a guiding force behind getting McNair whether you want to believe that or not. They have been friends off the field for years. Maybe if you read articles about your team you would know this. And don't you dare say Ray Ray doesn't deserve heat from fans of this team. He constantly has done things to put himself in front of the team, called out coaches, etc etc. That is what a cancer does, it eats away at a healthy organism.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 02-18-2008, 10:18 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Don't ever question my allegiance to my team. Blind loyalty is just that BLIND. When my team makes questionable decisions you are damn right I'm going to call them on them. Just because you don't have the balls to do it doesn't give you the right to question my support for the Ravens.

Ray was a guiding force behind getting McNair whether you want to believe that or not. They have been friends off the field for years. Maybe if you read articles about your team you would know this. And don't you dare say Ray Ray doesn't deserve heat from fans of this team. He constantly has done things to put himself in front of the team, called out coaches, etc etc. That is what a cancer does, it eats away at a healthy organism.
Your analogy makes no sense, if Ray is/was a cancer then the organization was never a "healthy organism" in the first place seeing as how hes been here from day one. On a side note I love how I was the trouble maker around here yet I go away and everyone is still disagreeing with big dawg lolz.