Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 02-28-2008, 07:05 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And our wonderful offseason starts with a bang!!!
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 07:31 PM    (permalink
Cunningham
Rookie

Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

sage rosenfels is not going to bring a superbowl to minnesota. we're better off sticking with tarvaris for this season. if he doesn't become more consistant with his accuracy and decision making then we look for a signal caller next offseason. a third round pick for a backup quarterback is incredibly stupid.
Old 02-28-2008, 07:51 PM    (permalink
Kid_Ego
Veteran

Kid_Ego smells like sex panther.Kid_Ego smells like sex panther.

the qb class is weaker next season this this season which means we are stuck and handcuffed for two more seasons which is exactly why you protect the teams best interest and get a guy THIS year
Kid_Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 08:54 PM    (permalink
Cunningham
Rookie

Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

good news...

Quote:
Vikes, Titans break off Rosenfels trade talks

"Word out of Houston" is that the Vikings and Titans have broken off talks about a possible trade involving Sage Rosenfels.

The Vikings likely wouldn't budge from their offer of a third-round pick, while the Texans were holding out for a second-rounder. Matt Schaub missed five games with injuries in 2007, so Houston is playing it safe.
bad news...

Quote:
The Minneapolis Star-Tribune suggests the Vikes may now turn their attention to J.P. Losman. Feb. 28 - 9:49 pm et
Old 02-28-2008, 08:58 PM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't mind JP Losman as our backup, provided he comes cheap. Honestly though, I think it may be a wiser decision to go with a guy such as Quinn Gray or Cleo Lemon in free agency.

DHVF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 09:09 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I was worried right now as i read that we might give up a 3rd for Sage. But i just say that the talks went cold from pft.com I agree with dhvf that we should bring in Lemon or Gray instead of trading. I dont like giving up 3rd or 4th round picks for Average QB's for backups.

Just saw this on PFT.com

Quote:
BATTLE BREWING FOR BERRIAN

Adam Caplan of Scout.com reports that Bears receiver Bernard Berrian is expected to be pursued aggressively by the Vikings and the Titans as of midnight tonight.

Per Caplan, the 49ers also could enter the mix.

Berrian is generally regarded as the second best receiving free agent available, behind Randy Moss.

Published reports earlier in the day indicated that the Bears offered Berrian $8 million in guaranteed money, and that he wanted north of $12 million.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure

Last edited by The Dynasty : 02-28-2008 at 09:13 PM.
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 10:34 PM    (permalink
Kid_Ego
Veteran

Im not a huge berrian fan. Yes hes an upgrade but hes almost as inconsitant as the other we got. I know there isnt alot out there but I can I just go on record as to say lets bring Daunte and Randy back and pretend like none of this ever happened.
Old 02-28-2008, 10:44 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid_Ego View Post
Im not a huge berrian fan. Yes hes an upgrade but hes almost as inconsitant as the other we got. I know there isnt alot out there but I can I just go on record as to say lets bring Daunte and Randy back and pretend like none of this ever happened.
Well I guarantee that Culpepper will never come back to Minnesota as long as Childress is our Head Coach. Childress didn't like how culepepper fit in the systemso he traded him. Moss I would love him to come back but He's going to sign with Patriots in like 17 minutes so I dont know about that.

Old 02-28-2008, 11:58 PM    (permalink
swagger
Veteran

swagger hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Berrian will be in town tomorrow. Get it done, Vikes!!!!

sig by vikes99ej

RIP Sean Taylor
4/1/1983 - 11/27/2007
swagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 12:01 AM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

God, I really don't want Justin Smith though. He just seems like he'd b another deadbeat end that can't get to the qb. I would much rather get Madieu

DHVF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 12:22 AM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

From PFT.com

Quote:
POSTED 12:42 a.m. EST, February 29, 2008

BERRIAN TO VISIT VIKES

Barely a half hour into free agency, and the Vikings have set up a Friday visit with Bears receiver Bernard Berrian.

Berrian wants a contract that pays out $24.5 million over the first three years, and that includes $12 million guaranteed.

He would provide a deep threat for the Vikings' West Coast offense. Having a guy who can stretch the field opens up the various underneath routes in the system.
Quote:
SMITH TO VISIT VIKES

As owner Zygi Wilf's plane heads to California to fetch receiver Bernard Berrian, the Vikes also have made arrangements for a Friday visit from Bengals defensive end Justin Smith.

Smith played for Vikings defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier when Frazier worked in that same role with the Bengals.

The Vikings have a need for help at defensive end because Kenechi Udeze recently was diagnosed with leukemia. Smith was Cincinnati's franchise player in 2007.
Come on Vikes lets get Berrian. Dont Let him Leave the Building pleaseee.

Old 02-29-2008, 12:53 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm so excited Smith is visiting. I didn't think he was going to.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 01:06 AM    (permalink
Kid_Ego
Veteran

My guess would be it is harder sell to berrian then to Smith gee Justin would you like to be a one dimentional end who gets to stand next to two perinal pro bowlers and get 12 sacks next year? My guess is the answer is yes.

Berrian would you like to be the leading receiver on a team who refuses to pass the ball. In fact during a win last year our qb thru a total of 12 passes.
Old 02-29-2008, 01:13 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Berrian would you like to be the leading receiver on a team who refuses to pass the ball. In fact during a win last year our qb thru a total of 12 passes.
He's used to it.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 01:15 AM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

Quote:
My guess would be it is harder sell to berrian then to Smith gee Justin would you like to be a one dimentional end who gets to stand next to two perinal pro bowlers and get 12 sacks next year? My guess is the answer is yes.

We passed, Just not as often as run but Its not Tarvaris Fault for having Terrible Receivers. So Please stop Blaming Tarvaris for 12 passing touchdowns. If we get Berrian. Then Berrian and Rice should be our WR Duo for years to come and will help out Tarvaris greatly. A lot better than Troy, Ferguson and Wade.

Old 02-29-2008, 01:24 AM    (permalink
Kid_Ego
Veteran

For the record he had 9 not twelve.

I agree on the used to it part. The only diffrence was Grossman didnt have to ask daddy Chilly to pass the ball like T-Jack does? Daddy we are down by 4 tds can I pass the ball the second half please daddy please. Ok Little T its ok the game is out of reach you can now go ahead and pass the ball.
Old 02-29-2008, 01:27 AM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So is Justin Smith visiting you guys first, or the 49ers?

And how would you guys feel about signing Justin Smith? I for one wouldn't like it at all with the high price he would command.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 01:30 AM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
So is Justin Smith visiting you guys first, or the 49ers?

And how would you guys feel about signing Justin Smith? I for one wouldn't like it at all with the high price he would command.
According to pft.com He is visiting the Vikings first and Berrian is getting on zygi wilf's plane to come to Minnesota.

Old 02-29-2008, 01:37 AM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh thank god we cut off the trade talks for Rosenfels. I like the idea of bringing in J.P. Losman to compete with Tarvaris.
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 01:38 AM    (permalink
Kid_Ego
Veteran

49eers signed D thomas from the vikes good pick up 9eers dude has mad speed and was a back up at all the linebacker positions He was a guy I was really hoping would beat leber out.
Old 02-29-2008, 01:39 AM    (permalink
Kid_Ego
Veteran

We need the HEFTY LEFTY !!!!!!!! hes cheap and cant be any worse then bollinger plus its just fun to say
Old 02-29-2008, 01:44 AM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No thanks... He would get destroyed whenver he came into the game considering Ryan Cook would be protecting his blind side.
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 01:46 AM    (permalink
Kid_Ego
Veteran

good point and we got no idea who is going to be protecting his other side. Whaat yall think about an Issac Bruce signing? He could really help out this young core of receivers.
Old 02-29-2008, 01:49 AM    (permalink
Kid_Ego
Veteran

Moss went back to the Patriots :( but thats better then the cowgirls!! and thank god not the Packers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-29-2008, 02:01 AM    (permalink
Kid_Ego
Veteran

I wonder if we sign smith and berrian if we make a move in the draft? maybe up or down, Personally Id almost rather move down. Because I truly feel like Safety could be covered if we just moved Winfield or one of the other two corners to safety, McCaully or Griffin? This year Second rounders are premium picks, Especially at DE CB TE RB even LB. Now we lost Thomas I wouldnt mind getting EJ's Brother!!!!!!