Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 02-29-2008, 08:12 AM    (permalink
litlharsh
Veteran

litlharsh hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.litlharsh hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

My dream would be to sign Isaac Bruce and Madeu Williams, grab Harvey in the 1st and a wideout in the 2nd.
Originally Posted by Renji View Post
Keyshawn because i just hate T.O. he is a cocky son of a biscuit
But an athletic marvel for a second generation confectionary product
litlharsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 09:01 AM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by litlharsh View Post
My dream would be to sign Isaac Bruce and Madeu Williams, grab Harvey in the 1st and a wideout in the 2nd.
I wouldnt mind bruce but i saw where is meeting with the niners and his old coach is now the OC there Mike Martz. So I dont think the Niners would pass him up. Could happen but idk.

We really need to sign Berrian. We are desperate at WR and He could help.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 10:40 AM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Per Profootballtalk.com:

POSTED 11:25 a.m. EST, February 29, 2008

VIKES TO BID HELLO TO MADIEU?

Adam Caplan of Scout.com reports that the Vikings are working on the parameters of a contract with safety Madieu Williams.

He's reportedly going to fly to Minnesota today to meet with the team, and a deal could be done.

The Vikings desperately need help at safety, given the release of Dwight Smith and the free-agent status of Tank Williams and Mike Doss.

Thoughts?
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 10:49 AM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I absolutely love the fact that we likely will be signing Madieu. We'll finally have a safety with some range! PRAISE THE HEAVENS!

DHVF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 11:02 AM    (permalink
swagger
Veteran

swagger hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Pretty expense contract. 6 years, $34 million.

sig by vikes99ej

RIP Sean Taylor
4/1/1983 - 11/27/2007
swagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 11:03 AM    (permalink
pete_norm
Rookie

pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Confirmed now it seems:

From PFT.

VIKES LAND MADIEU

Adam Schefter of NFL Network reports that the Minnesota Vikings have worked out an agreement with free-agent safety Madieu Williams.

The deal for Madieu is six years, $34 million.

He's expected to sign the contract when he arrives in Minnesota later today.

Free agent season start pretty well if you ask me...
pete_norm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 11:11 AM    (permalink
RollingMoss
Rookie

RollingMoss hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.RollingMoss hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dynasty View Post
Come on Vikes lets get Berrian. Dont Let him Leave the Building pleaseee.

Am I the only one that realizes Moss is a free agent? I feel like I'm taking Crazy Pills!

So, one last time....Randy Moss, Free Agent, Us, Lots of Cap Space, Need Deep Threat, Good God, Just Give it A Shot, That's All I Ask, Bernard ******* Berrian?! WHO CARES! He's a more reliable Troy Williamson - is that really the phrase you want to use for a guy asking for that amount of money? Granted, you could sugarcoat it and give him a better description, but you know my description works.

My feelings in Haiku

Bernard Berrian
Is Not As Good As Randy
Don't We All Know This?

One more

We Have the Money
We Could Have AP And Moss
Make It Happen Brad

(Yeah, I'm a dreamer, but isn't that what free agency is about? Oh, and RANDY MOSS IS A FREE AGENT, MAKE A ******* MOVEEEEEEEEEEEEE FOR HIM! THE PATS ****** UP, WE HAVE A CHANCE, EVEN IF WE DONT' GET HIM, WHO CARES, AT LEAST ******* TRY. Ah......venting is good.)
RollingMoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 11:18 AM    (permalink
Vikings4ever
Veteran

Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lost D. Thomas.

49ers | Team signs D. Thomas
Fri, 29 Feb 2008 00:11:38 -0800
John Clayton, of ESPN.com, reports the San Francisco 49ers have signed free agent LB Dontarrious Thomas (Vikings) to a two-year deal.

KFFL.com

Also:

Vikings | Team to visit M. Hicks
Fri, 29 Feb 2008 08:08:41 -0800
Brad Biggs, of the Chicago Sun-Times, reports free-agent RB Maurice Hicks (49ers) will meet with the Minnesota Vikings this weekend.
Vikings4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 11:23 AM    (permalink
Vikings4ever
Veteran

Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete_norm View Post
Confirmed now it seems:

From PFT.

VIKES LAND MADIEU

Adam Schefter of NFL Network reports that the Minnesota Vikings have worked out an agreement with free-agent safety Madieu Williams.

The deal for Madieu is six years, $34 million.

He's expected to sign the contract when he arrives in Minnesota later today.

Free agent season start pretty well if you ask me...
ESPN says 33 million. http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3270653
Old 02-29-2008, 11:23 AM    (permalink
RollingMoss
Rookie

RollingMoss hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.RollingMoss hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikings4ever View Post
Lost D. Thomas.

49ers | Team signs D. Thomas
Fri, 29 Feb 2008 00:11:38 -0800
John Clayton, of ESPN.com, reports the San Francisco 49ers have signed free agent LB Dontarrious Thomas (Vikings) to a two-year deal.
That sucks. Thomas was always under and poorly utilized. Shoulda bulked him up, put him at DE, and told him to just go get the QB. I bet he'll be good w/ San Fran.

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww, 33million for Madieu? Reallllllllll-he-he-hehe-he-lllllllllllllly?

Last edited by RollingMoss : 02-29-2008 at 11:26 AM.
Old 02-29-2008, 11:57 AM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollingMoss View Post
Am I the only one that realizes Moss is a free agent? I feel like I'm taking Crazy Pills!
I think that you ARE taking Crazy Pills.

Anyone else remember what a pain in the *** Moss is/was for any team, coach, or QB that doesn't reside in New England?

Yes he is super-talented and available, be he will quickly revert to being a curmudgeon as soon as he landed at the airport.

There is no way that he would play as hard as he did or keep his mouth shut as well as he did for anyone other than the Patriots. They have what he wants... Super Bowl rings and a coach, QB, and team that can help him get one, too.

There is no chance that he returns to MN.

No chance.
Old 02-29-2008, 11:58 AM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont like losing Thomas.

But Williams is a great sign.

Did we overpay for him? Yeah.

Is it coming out of my pocket? No, So I dont care. lol

Is it an upgrade from Dwight Smith? Big time.
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 12:19 PM    (permalink
RollingMoss
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Dude View Post
I think that you ARE taking Crazy Pills.
Haha, well played.

Quote:
Anyone else remember what a pain in the *** Moss is/was for any team, coach, or QB that doesn't reside in New England?
You say pain in the ass, I say 15Tds/year.

Quote:
Yes he is super-talented and available, be he will quickly revert to being a curmudgeon as soon as he landed at the airport.
I've heard Moss described as so many things; never curmudgeon...I like that one. But what's the matter with being a curmudgeon? Walter Mattheau was a curmudgeon, I didn't mind that, and he didn't score 15/TDs a year, or make Todd Bouman!!! look like an NFL QB, and Mattheau couldn't open the field for the greatest running talent the game's seen in years! COME ON! JUST AN ATTEMPT, IT'S ALL I ASK, I KNOW THERE'S LESS THAN A -1% CHANCE, BUT WHO CARES?!!? GIVE IT A GO! After the Pats, who do you think has the best shot of getting Moss? I'd swear on a stack of Korans, it's Us. He never wanted to leave, and that was before we had a pretty good D and some kid named Peterson. We could do this.

Quote:
There is no way that he would play as hard as he did or keep his mouth shut as well as he did for anyone other than the Patriots. They have what he wants... Super Bowl rings and a coach, QB, and team that can help him get one, too.
Says you. I say he'd see the open NFC (I mean, some team that lost to us 41-17 won the conference...and then beat his "super bowl rings and coach, QB" team. He'd see our weak division (the Pack = fluke), our weak conference (Dallas = mirage), and he'd see AP and go "Hey now."

Quote:
There is no chance that he returns to MN.

No chance.
I'm aware...but as long as he is a Free Agent, I will continue to pray to Shiva that we get him back.

P.S: Zod, it ain't coming out of your pocket, but it's coming out of the salary cap. Now, that being said, Madieu's got the talent to make it a good signing and teams finangle contracts to make it alright, so on second thought, I'm on board. Good signing, overpayed or not.
Old 02-29-2008, 12:23 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

you guys got a good one in madieu. he hasn't quite lived up to his potential yet but sharper should really help him out alot. i really wish we coulda kept him but we cant really afford it.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 12:33 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

Add the oft-injured, MN-born Thomas Tapeh to our roster.... i'd still prefer Richardson, though.
Old 02-29-2008, 12:38 PM    (permalink
Vikings4ever
Veteran

Quote:
Add the oft-injured, MN-born Thomas Tapeh to our roster.... i'd still prefer Richardson, though.
I was hoping we'd go after Lorenzo Neal.
Old 02-29-2008, 12:39 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haha...I love how everyone and their mother knew the Eagles would sign Thomas Tapeh.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 12:51 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Haha...I love how everyone and their mother knew the Eagles would sign Thomas Tapeh.
You mean the "Eagles-West"???

I don't understand Childress's fascination with the Eagles' garbage.... ugh!
Old 02-29-2008, 12:53 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Vikings, you mean?

I like this signing.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 12:58 PM    (permalink
RollingMoss
Rookie

Quote:
You mean the "Eagles-West"???

I don't understand Childress's fascination with the Eagles' garbage.... ugh!
Whoa whoa whowaaaaaaaaaaaa....you callin' Billy McMullen garb - ah, I couldn't even make it through that with a straight face.

I sort-of, kind-of like the Tapeh signing, gotta be cheap at least - and he does have talent. As for a brain, though...

TRich did so many little things. We're gonna miss him.
Old 02-29-2008, 03:54 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well we couldn't get the deal done with Berian before he left the facility. He is off to have a visit with the Oakland Raiders.
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 04:01 PM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Madieu is good, but damn is that a lot of money. Tapeh is a step down from Richardson IMO, even if he is younger.
the_legend_killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 04:03 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It could be alot of money I believe only 12 million of it is garunteed.
Old 02-29-2008, 04:12 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Chris View Post
Well we couldn't get the deal done with Berian before he left the facility. He is off to have a visit with the Oakland Raiders.
Where'd you hear that?

Quote:
Vikings exec Rick Spielman confirms that receiver Bernard Berrian and safety Madieu Williams are in town. Both are undergoing physicals. Williams has a deal that is expected to become official once he passes the physical he has agreed to a six-year contract and Berrian negotiations are likely taking place.
From StarTribune.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 04:15 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

http://rotoworld.com/content/Headlines.aspx?sport=NFL