Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 02-29-2008, 04:18 PM    (permalink
Vikings4ever
Veteran

Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Chris View Post
All that their source says is that Berrian is expected to go to Oakland NEXT, not that he's on the way there.
Vikings4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 04:19 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'd trust both Minneapolis newspapers over that rumor mill anyday. Mine was reported at 3:59 PM CT.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 04:32 PM    (permalink
swagger
Veteran

swagger hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

It's hilarious that Rotoworld indeed just completely botched what their article said. Saying he's expected to go to Oakland next is not the same as being en route to Oakland.

"Free agent Bernard Berrian is reportedly en route to Oakland."
vs
"In other news, wide receiver Bernard Berrian is expected to go to the Oakland Raiders next."

No, Rotoworld, Berrian is not reportedly en route to Oakland. He's reportedly expected to at some point be en route to Oakland.

sig by vikes99ej

RIP Sean Taylor
4/1/1983 - 11/27/2007
swagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 04:33 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It is just posting the news it got from the Chicago Sun Times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikings4ever
All that their source says is that Berrian is expected to go to Oakland NEXT, not that he's on the way there.
Exactly thats all I said we coudln't get him signed before he left now he is off to visit the raiders.
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 04:38 PM    (permalink
Vikings4ever
Veteran

Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It is just posting the news it got from the Chicago Sun Times.

Exactly thats all I said we coudln't get him signed before he left now he is off to visit the raiders.
Except according the the Star Tribune, he hasn't left yet. As of 40 minutes ago, Spielman said he was in town, taking a physical.

ETA: From the same link:

It sounds like Williams and Berrian will continue meeting with coaches and other staff members through Saturday, meaning that no formal announcement on either player’s signing is expected before then.

http://ww3.startribune.com/vikingsblog/?p=1384

Last edited by Vikings4ever : 02-29-2008 at 04:41 PM.
Old 02-29-2008, 04:42 PM    (permalink
swagger
Veteran

I will trust Rick Spielman over the Sun Times and Rotoworld minconstruing what the Sun Times was trying to say:

"Vikings VP of Player Personnel Rick Spielman confirmed that WR Bernard Berrian and S Madieu Williams are in town. Both are undergoing physicals. Williams has a deal that is expected to become official once he passes the physical — he has agreed to a six-year contract — and Berrian negotiations are likely taking place."

Meaning Berrian will be here well into tomorrow, making it impossible he's en route to Oakland. I still have hope we will sign him before he goes anywhere.

sig by vikes99ej

RIP Sean Taylor
4/1/1983 - 11/27/2007
Old 02-29-2008, 04:44 PM    (permalink
swagger
Veteran

Whoops, I left that clip out:

"It sounds like Williams and Berrian will continue meeting with coaches and other staff members through Saturday, meaning that no formal announcement on either player’s signing is expected before then."

sig by vikes99ej

RIP Sean Taylor
4/1/1983 - 11/27/2007
Old 02-29-2008, 04:46 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm really not worried it isn't the end of the world if we can't sign him before he leaves to meet with Oakland. I mean come on a team in the early stages of rebuilding or a team ready to win just missing a couple of pieces? Not a tough choice IMO.
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 06:06 PM    (permalink
RollingMoss
Rookie

RollingMoss hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.RollingMoss hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Bernard Berrian hasn't signed? That's called a "good thing"...You know what else is a "good thing"? This:

Rotoworld 6:36pm EST
ESPN's John Clayton reports the Patriots are not close to a deal with free agent Randy Moss.

I'm sorry to be such a douche/prick about this, but I'm flabbergasted Nobody Else - including other teams, for that matter - realizes that Randy Moss - you know, that guy who loved the fans here, who said twice THIS YEAR he wanted to retire a Viking - the guy who makes Bernard Berrian look like a pile of dripping sloppy excrement in terms of being a "wide receiver" - and oh, we just so happen to Need a wide receiver - anyway, Nobody Else realizes Randy Moss is Fair Game! He's a FREE AGENT!!! This bull about the Pats and better super bowl chances - what, in an AFC that's more loaded than Lindsay Lohan on a weekend (aliteration made me go with that analogy, I'm sorry)...

Anyway, who's got a better super bowl chance, and I'm dead serious: The Pats, in that conference w/ a defense that isn't as good as ours (once again, dead serious), and not to mention that karma now has it in for the Pats....or Us w/ Moss??? We'd have the best WR and RB, he'd make TJack look a hell of a lot better, help Sidney...And you're pining for Bernard Berrian???????????

This isn't Debatable. I refuse Debate. Debate has been refused.

We have the money, we have the need, we have pieces - and wasting that on Bernard Berrian when we could make a play for Randy is making me Sick.

Bring. Back. Moss...Or at least try, I just wanna hear that we're at least trying, that's all. Alright, douche rant over.
RollingMoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 06:20 PM    (permalink
giver17
Rookie

giver17 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.giver17 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

we need to focus on another guy, Javon Walker... he has been released and he is a great player. He has had problems with staying healthy, I know, but come on he is only 6years in to his career and is proven to be a playmaker. plus letting him open up two times a year against the packers would be sweet too

giver17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 06:38 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollingMoss View Post
Bernard Berrian hasn't signed? That's called a "good thing"...You know what else is a "good thing"? This:

ESPN's John Clayton reports the Patriots are not close to a deal with free agent Randy Moss.

I'm sorry to be such a douche/prick about this, but I'm flabbergasted Nobody Else - including other teams, for that matter - realizes that Randy Moss - you know, that guy who loved the fans here, who said twice THIS YEAR he wanted to retire a Viking - the guy who makes Bernard Berrian look like a pile of dripping sloppy excrement in terms of being a "wide receiver" - and oh, we just so happen to Need a wide receiver - anyway, Nobody Else realizes Randy Moss is Fair Game! He's a FREE AGENT!!! This bull about the Pats and better super bowl chances - what, in an AFC that's more loaded than Lindsay Lohan on a weekend (aliteration made me go with that analogy, I'm sorry)...

Anyway, who's got a better super bowl chance, and I'm dead serious: The Pats, in that conference w/ a defense that isn't as good as ours (once again, dead serious), and not to mention that karma now has it in for the Pats....or Us w/ Moss??? We'd have the best WR and RB, he'd make TJack look a hell of a lot better, help Sidney...And you're pining for Bernard Berrian???????????

We have the money, we have the need, we have pieces - and wasting that on Bernard Berrian when we could make a play for Randy is making me Sick.

Bring. Back. Moss...Or at least try, I just wanna hear that we're at least trying, that's all. Alright, douche rant over.
Dude...Moss isnt coming back. I love Moss he is my favorite player and He wont come back.

Where did you get that stuff Swagger? I reallly want us to sign Berrian. Adam Schefter believes that he will sign with the Vikings. I usually listen to him for my official news so idk I hope so.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 06:45 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

God, enough with the Moss crap. There isn't a snowflake's chance in hell he's coming back.
Old 02-29-2008, 06:53 PM    (permalink
giver17
Rookie

giver17 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.giver17 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:

seriously man, you need to take it down a notch with all this moss talk. first off he is going to re-sign with the patriots. secondly, there is no way he is ever going come back here, unless it is to do a day contract to retire as a viking, and even that seems like it is unrealistic.

basically, you should just drop it, and move on with life. that is the only way to keep your sanity

giver17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 06:56 PM    (permalink
RollingMoss
Rookie

RollingMoss hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.RollingMoss hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Meh, passes the time at work.

He's a free agent, we need a receiver, and I hate Bernard Berrian. I'll leave it at that.

One thing: The only unrealistic thing I've read is people thinking Berrian's gonna be a #1 receiver and open up the field.

Last edited by RollingMoss : 02-29-2008 at 07:18 PM.
RollingMoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 06:59 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Berrian update, per StarTribune.com

Quote:
Bernard Berrian is meeting with the Vikings tonight and if everything goes according to Zygi Wilf’s plan Berrian will be wearing a Vikings cap at a news conference tomorrow. That’s if everything goes according to plan. If that does not happen, Berrian likely will head to Oakland to meet with the Raiders. The Vikings certainly don’t want that to happen.
Old 02-29-2008, 07:11 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
Berrian update, per StarTribune.com
Come On Vikings I wanna wake up tomorrow and see Berrian in Purple and Gold.

Old 02-29-2008, 07:14 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dynasty View Post
Come On Vikings I wanna wake up tomorrow and see Berrian in Purple and Gold.
As do I, brother.
Old 02-29-2008, 07:16 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Alright, douche rant over.
We'll see about that....

just kidding.

Even though i love Moss, there is no chance that he ever wears the Purple and Gold again.
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 07:17 PM    (permalink
Tobzilla
Pro Bowler

Tobzilla hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Tobzilla hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Looks like Justin Smith is on his way to Minneapolis for negotiations. I really would like to get this guy, he'll be amazing with the two Willams' taking up all the blocks.

PM me for sig requests
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Connery View Post
Suck it Trebek!
Tobzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 07:18 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobzilla View Post
Looks like Justin Smith is on his way to Minneapolis for negotiations. I really would like to get this guy, he'll be amazing with the two Willams' taking up all the blocks.
Link? Source?

That would be awesome.
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 07:18 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

Today was Bad enough for me. I was up in Buffalo all day doing things so i couldnt here any News but Once I headed back i heard the Vikings signed Williams I was excited then I heard Berrian was going to Oakland I was very upset but now seeing that im excited again lol.

Old 02-29-2008, 07:19 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Dude View Post
Link? Source?

That would be awesome.
StarTribune:

Quote:
Meanwhile as Vikings execs try to impress Berrian, the plan remains for Bengals defensive end Justin Smith to visit on Saturday. Smith is supposed to board a plane sometime this evening and head for Minnesota after visiting with the 49ers today
Old 02-29-2008, 07:23 PM    (permalink
Vikings4ever
Veteran

Vikings | Tapeh contract update
Fri, 29 Feb 2008 17:14:25 -0800

Judd Zulgad, of the Star Tribune, reports Minnesota Vikings FB Thomas Tapeh signed a five-year contract with the team worth $6 million. Just over $1 million of his contract is guaranteed money.
Old 02-29-2008, 07:42 PM    (permalink
Cunningham
Rookie

Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i don't want justin smith at all. he's simply an average player that is going to be WAY overpaid. we'd be much better off drafting harvey in the first round then to break the bank on this guy.
Old 02-29-2008, 07:55 PM    (permalink
Tobzilla
Pro Bowler

Tobzilla hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Tobzilla hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunningham View Post
i don't want justin smith at all. he's simply an average player that is going to be WAY overpaid. we'd be much better off drafting harvey in the first round then to break the bank on this guy.
I think it's a little overzealous to think that a rookie will out perform a proven NFL vet. Sure, his numbers were down last year but keep in mind that in Cincy he has never had quality teammates playing with him on the line. That will be much different in Minny and I'd like to see what he can do against single coverage.

PM me for sig requests
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Connery View Post
Suck it Trebek!
Tobzilla is offline   Reply With Quote