Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-19-2008, 12:45 AM    (permalink
DaBear89
Rookie

DaBear89 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default 1 Year Anniversery

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3250283
reading that reminded me of the date: Feb 19, 2007.

I also forgot how much I hate Pacman b/c of this. I' not a Titans fan but anybody who is given that kind of gift and continually pisses it down the drain deserves nothing but the "thug" life he seems to want so bad rather than the amazing feeling of being paid to play professional football, and being great at it.
DaBear89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 12:50 AM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well if it makes you feel any better he'll be broke and unemployed in 5 years, 10 tops.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 12:51 AM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If it makes you feel better, I'll be 21 in 2 months.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 01:07 AM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

if it makes you feel better, todays my birthday

cred 2 BoneKrusher
kwilk103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 01:08 AM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow, that report is terrible. "paralyzed in a melee at a Las Vegas nightclub that involved now-suspended Tennessee Titans cornerback Adam "Pacman" Jones". Well, er, actually, he was paralyzed by a bullet fired by a lone gunman well after the "melee" who to this day has not been linked to Jones at all outside of mere speculation. Join a line between A and B if you like, but the fact remains Pacman Jones was charged with nothing more than "inciting violence" or whatever they called it, which was never proven to be associated with the gun shots later on at all. For all we know, maybe the club pissed someone else off earlier that night.

Listen, I'm done defending Pacman, I only ever did because the amount of presumed guilt by a lot of people was annoying, but crap like this terribly misinformed. The media are just writing their own log of the events now? He was injured by a gunman who was never identified, NOT in a "melee" involving Jones like it suggests. What are the NFL meant to do, presume the gunman was associated with Jones when police can't say he was?

Unfortunately, it's a bad situation but ultimately one the NFL has no connection with. The connection with Jones himself is only presumption.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 01:12 AM    (permalink
DaBear89
Rookie

DaBear89 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think he knew the shooter at all. Hell, the guy Pacman "screamed threats at" as they were being thrown out was even shot at all. But to still do all of the stupid **** he's done to make himself a target and since this incident are some of the dumbest things one could ever do given the situation he was given in life, living the dream of playing pro football.
DaBear89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 01:31 AM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh for sure. He's an idiot (newsflash, eh? :P). But I said at the time this happened it would likely end up with little in the way proven against Jones. He's a target who welcomes being targetted.

But the NFL has nothing to do with this IMO, and technicaly speaking, neither does Jones. Contrary to what ESPN may report in their news articles, the cause of the injury here was never proven to be directly related to what Jones 'incited'. They targeted him for it because he has money, and they want the NFL to pay for it because they do too, and they think with negative press being threatened they might follow through. I doubt Pacman was the only one there "inciting" the situation that may or may not have lead to the shooting, are they going after other employers too?
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 01:33 AM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

God I hope we can get a draft pick for him.
Cashmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 04:46 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still love Pacman.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 12:58 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's only a young guy in the scheme of things, **** if my name was famous I'd hate to see the headlines that would follow me.

I've never done anything THAT bad of course, but there's been a few instances that the tabloids would go spastic for.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 01:04 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
I still love Pacman.
Of course you do.

What is there to " love" about Pacman?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 04:08 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
He's only a young guy in the scheme of things, **** if my name was famous I'd hate to see the headlines that would follow me.

I've never done anything THAT bad of course, but there's been a few instances that the tabloids would go spastic for.
yea man, it's not Adam Jones' fault, he's a product of the system!

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote