Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-19-2008, 12:13 AM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Eli as Coverboy?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/nfl...rn=nfl%2C67248
Quote:
Rumors are out there that Eli's going to be the cover boy for EA Sports' Madden 09
Yeah its early but who does everyone think will be Madden/NCAA Coverboys

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 12:24 AM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

Surprising considering they havent taken a super bowl winner from the previous season before.
Cashmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 12:27 AM    (permalink
DaBear89
Rookie

DaBear89 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i can never guess the NFL but i'll say AP if he doesnt turn it down.
NCAA normally uses a guy who already left college...maybe DMC, Dorsey, or Ghoulston. longshot of tebow
DaBear89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 12:27 AM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It may very well be Eli. I could also see Romo (please no), or AD. AD seems likely.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 12:31 AM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

If Romo was the coverboy the new feature could be an off the field thing were you have to balance dating hott ass women and still playing well.
Cashmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 12:33 AM    (permalink
saintsfan912
Pro Bowler

saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBear89 View Post
i can never guess the NFL but i'll say AP if he doesnt turn it down.
NCAA normally uses a guy who already left college...maybe DMC, Dorsey, or Ghoulston. longshot of tebow
Yea, I don't think current college players are allowed to "promote" themselves or make any money off of any kind of advertisements. Not sure exactly how it works though.

Big time Thank You to BoneKrusher!

Who Dat Nation!
saintsfan912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 12:34 AM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It was known fairly early that VY was the cover for 08, maybe not this early but not far off it. I recall the "placeholder" cover EA put out there was indeed a cutout silhouette of VY, I wonder if they give that big of a hint this time around.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 12:50 AM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.

I'd like to see Mario Williams get it. The main reason is, it gives recognition to the fantastic season he had, hopefully get some more people off the texans' as* for the reggie bush thing (not people on here, but outside "fans") and he seems more likely to stay healthy and perform at a very high level.

I'm not saying that Eli and AD are going to be inconsistent or not have a good season, becuase they definately have the talent. However, AD got hurt last season and there's always that stigma and Eli hasn't put together a great full season (i personally feel he will, but i don't want to hear the madden curse garbage anymore), I just think Mario Williams has the better chance of playing at an extremely high level for an entire season. This will hopefully erase the whole madden curse thing.

I wouldn't put it past them to give it to Tom Brady after the season he had either. If anyone can stay healthy for a full year it would be him and that offensive line. Although, it'd only make sense for the madden curse to actually keep brady out because of a shoulder injury. Go figure.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
BroadwayJoe10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 12:53 AM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NCAA, due to the rising popularity of dual-QB systems should give it to a dual-QB combo from the past, and make that the new feature, i also think u should be able to import coaches from NCAA into madden and their playbook goes with the (5-2 and the option in the nfl!!!)

Old 02-19-2008, 12:55 AM    (permalink
VPF
Rookie

VPF hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'd like to see them give it to someone who the media isnt drooling over. Last year, Vince Young, and this year, maybe Eli Manning. I'd like to see it go to some guys that have had more than one good year.
VPF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 01:28 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staubach12 View Post
It may very well be Eli. I could also see Romo (please no), or AD. AD seems likely.
Rookie two years in a row? I don't see it happening.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 01:50 AM    (permalink
D4rk 0ne
Veteran

D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Well if they would do back to back QBs (assuming you endorse Eli as a reasonable candidate), why not back to back rookies?

I would rather have Kearney or Sanders than Eli or AD.
Old 02-19-2008, 03:12 AM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was at Gamestop today and they had a bunch of cases with AD on the front saying reserve your copy. Do they just have different players in different areas until they come out with a coverboy? I do live in Oklahoma.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 04:55 AM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

2years ago they did the same thing up in DC, except with Portis

Old 02-19-2008, 05:11 AM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think it should go to somebody like:-
LT
Willis
AD
Westbrook
Wayne
Moss
Brady
Peyton Manning
Eli Manning
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 05:48 AM    (permalink
NIN1984
Pro Bowler

NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Peterson is already so popular with the fans so he has been my pick for awhile but he could easily turn it down so who knows. I wouldn't mind Eli on the cover tho.
Old 02-19-2008, 06:11 AM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Even though VY didn't really tie into a new feature specifically (he was a 'weapon', but then so are most decent players in the game), this time around I'd bet the coverboy is somehow related to some new feature.

I've always wanted them to revamp the coverage system, and allow gamers to go into a third person style mode with a cornerback on demand during any game mode, where the controls take on a different form. Kinda like if they made a mini-game in the game itself to cover WR's at CB etc (but mini-game is a poor choice of wordage, it wouldn't be corny but very realistic feeling and well representive of playing CB/S). Then they can have Bailey on the cover.

If EA really wanted to earn back some respect from the more sim gamers out there, redo the entire blocking system and have Marcus McNeil or Jason Peters on the cover. That would be unexpected. But then EA seem to take the stance their coverboy has to be mainstream marketable, and I've gotta say, probably the most mainstream marketable name after last year is AP right now.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 06:29 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In recent years it's kind of based on the 'new feature' they're implementing in Madden, so I'm not sure if Eli plays into that or not yet.

Hey, as a Giants fan, I'd love to have him on the cover. I don't really believe in 'the Madden curse', so it wouldn't bother me. Plus Eli is one of the most durable QB's in the NFL, so I'd feel comfortable with him on it.

Also my sleeper pick to get on the cover is Antonio Cromartie. I have a feeling they might do something with the defense.
Old 02-19-2008, 06:35 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Poor Eli, just when his career was looking up

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 11:28 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Personally, I think they should put David Tyree on the front to have it correlate with some revamp of the gameplay on the offensive side of the ball. DB AI was improved last year, but quite honestly, the WR AI (on next-gen) was a joke. The receivers don't even go after the ball if it was slightly under thrown. Instead they'd just keep running the route and let it get picked off. Hence, where David Tyree comes in. After all, he pretty much defined what going after the ball meant.

The cover would be easy to do. Just put him on the cover making that infamous catch. Plus worse case scenario is we lose out on a Pro-Bowl caliber special teams player if the supposed 'Madden Curse' strikes him. Not as big a loss as Eli.
Old 02-19-2008, 11:50 AM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

Ever notice how much WR's in the game dont catch a fly over their shoulder on the run, no matter how good the pass is

Old 02-19-2008, 03:45 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I swear I read the topic as:

"Eli as a Cowboy?"
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 04:17 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Patrick Willis would be sweet.
Old 02-19-2008, 04:20 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
Poor Eli, just when his career was looking up
Well maybe he can reverse the madden curse? He already seemed like he was playing with the madden curse when we played the eagles this year.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 06:15 PM    (permalink
RAZERSAINTS
Rookie

RAZERSAINTS hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I can not see Eli as the cover guy.....Go with Bob Sanders

Sick sig by Jackalope

LIFE IS HARD WHEN YOU ARE A SAINTS FAN
RAZERSAINTS is offline   Reply With Quote