Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-19-2008, 06:17 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That would be an intresting pick, Sanders is probably the best guy on that defense

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 07:11 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

albert haynesworth, they D line needs to get worse when your on O and better when your on D
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 07:26 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenson86 View Post
albert haynesworth, they D line needs to get worse when your on O and better when your on D
Great idea by EA, put a headstomper on the cover. LOL. That would just be bad publicity
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 07:27 PM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
Ever notice how much WR's in the game dont catch a fly over their shoulder on the run, no matter how good the pass is
It drives me up the wall!

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
HoopsDemon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 08:08 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im really hoping it isn't Eli. Anyone but Eli.

Hopefully someone talks him out of it. He just silenced so many critics, and can finally play a carefree season without so much pressure, and now he wants to add all this mumbo jumbo to his plate? I hope its not him...
Old 02-19-2008, 08:14 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Im really hoping it isn't Eli. Anyone but Eli.

Hopefully someone talks him out of it. He just silenced so many critics, and can finally play a carefree season without so much pressure, and now he wants to add all this mumbo jumbo to his plate? I hope its not him...
Plaxico? Osi?

Old 02-19-2008, 08:23 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
Plaxico? Osi?
Anybody. Just not Eli. My dream would be James Butler on the cover, but thats not happening. Rumors say its between Eli and AD right now, Im hoping they go with AD.

I just don't want to see Eli on this cover. Ever. Give it to Romo. Romo would love it.
Old 02-19-2008, 08:40 PM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.

They should give it to someone who has the least chance of getting hurt or not having a good season just to put to rest the "curse." My #1 goes to Mario Williams and followed by Tom Brady and what about a resurgent randy moss?

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
BroadwayJoe10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 08:44 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe10 View Post
They should give it to someone who has the least chance of getting hurt or not having a good season just to put to rest the "curse." My #1 goes to Mario Williams and followed by Tom Brady and what about a resurgent randy moss?
Anyone can get hurt though. As long as youre on the field, you can get hurt. Id like to see them go defense on the cover. Preferably a pass rusher since we've seen what a pass rush can do this year. Mario Williams like you said, would make sense.

But I like Mario Williams, and I don't want to see him go to the pooper. Let's just put Madden back on the cover dammit. Or Joe Buck. Joe Buck would be PERFECT for this cover.
Old 02-19-2008, 08:50 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

eli on the cover would just be terrible. I really hope its some random position player. I think Eli would turn it down too. I think he'd say something like:
"You know, its a team effort. I don't deserve it, because we did this as a team. It's a team accomplishment".

Just give it to ocho
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 09:12 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

Lets put belicheck and the entire Pats Roster on the cover or better, make it a regional thing, like so:

NE States+NY+NJ+PENN will have either a Patriot, Bill, Jet, Giant, Steeler or Eagle on the cover. This year it could be Brady, Moss, Osi, or Eli, Big Ben, Willie.

Then, in the Mid-Atlantic/Eastern will have either a Raven, Redskin, Panther, or Titan on the cover. This year it could be Reed, Taylor, or Portis.

In the South, youve got New Orleans, Atlanta, Miami, Jacksonville, and Tampa, so this year it could be Brees, Garrard, MoJo, Taylor, Garcia, Brooks, or Colston.

In the Northern Midwest Great Plains, whatever you wanna call it you have Cleveland, Cincy, Detroit, Chicago, and Green Bay. So it could go to Favre, Grant, Anderson, Chad, Carson, Calvin Johnson, Urlacher, or Hawk.

Then in the other Midwest, there's KC, St.Louis, Dallas, and Houston. So Romo, Ware, TO, Witten, Mario, Holt, or Allen might make sense there.

In the Rocky Mountains+Minnesota, you could have a Cardinal, Bronco or Viking, so AD, Marshall, Bailey, ARI's Duo of WR's could be picks.

Finally the West Coast has San Diego, San Fran, Oakland and Seattle. So Hasselback, Gore, LT, Merrimen and Nmadi could make sense here.

Old 02-19-2008, 09:13 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
I was at Gamestop today and they had a bunch of cases with AD on the front saying reserve your copy. Do they just have different players in different areas until they come out with a coverboy? I do live in Oklahoma.
They had buckeyes on the NCAA 08 covers last year for the reserves, its just where you live to promote it.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 12:03 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VPF View Post
I'd like to see them give it to someone who the media isnt drooling over. Last year, Vince Young, and this year, maybe Eli Manning. I'd like to see it go to some guys that have had more than one good year.
Eli has been a good QB for a long time, not many of the great ones were any good in their first few years.

Elway, Favre, Starr, Bradshaw, Young, Unitas, P. Manning just to name a few all went on to be considered some of the best of all time and none of those players were better than Eli in his first few years. Three of them didn't even get on to the field and the other two were almost benched. The only one who showed promise like Eli did was Manning.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 01:22 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why isn't it Tom Brady/Randy Moss?

The Best QB In the NFL and/or the Best WR.

Both set records and Brady had a ridiculous amount of clear cut stats this season.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 01:47 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All I know is they need to implement all the drills over to the new consoles from the other systems...its been long enough, they should have the same side features by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 09:12 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
I swear I read the topic as:

"Eli as a Cowboy?"
On a quick glance I swore it said the same thing! hahaha
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote