Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-22-2008, 03:57 AM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

well...damn, if they will take the 31st...I'd give them the 26th...five spots up...can't be it...
JagHombre22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 05:57 AM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This would be an amazing move by the giants. I know you people think he would cause problems, but he's still a very young guy, and when you are losing all the time as a result of mostly other people, I think you get a little pissed off when the other team is gloating and stuff. If he gets to NY, I hate to be a homer, but I seriously think that they will a top 2 defense, including the secondary (this year the secondary was exploited but got better, still not amazing)

EDIT: I also think he's the same age as our 1st rounder last year, Aaron Ross.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 06:12 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Of course they would. The question is if the Falcons would be willing to trade him for that pick. I say no, but who knows.

Exactly. You have a 24 year old corner who is one of the best in the game. You trade a late first rounder for him. Without a doubt.
Old 02-22-2008, 06:21 AM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Exactly. You have a 24 year old corner who is one of the best in the game. You trade a late first rounder for him. Without a doubt.
But I dont think he's exactly the happiest guy in atlanta, im not so sure he wants to stay. I would agree that this trade would be horrible for atlanta, we should give you a player or another pick in return, but trades rumors are just rumors, until they happen.

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-22-2008, 06:24 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
But I dont think he's exactly the happiest guy in atlanta, im not so sure he wants to stay. I would agree that this trade would be horrible for atlanta, we should give you a player or another pick in return, but trades rumors are just rumors, until they happen.

He actually has said he likes Mike Smith and wants to stay.
Old 02-22-2008, 07:18 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't usually like to post .gifs but I cant help but picture this when people talk about him:

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 07:34 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
He actually has said he likes Mike Smith and wants to stay.
Hopefully he does. I don't his bad attitude screwing up the chemistry the Giants have together.
Old 02-22-2008, 07:49 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love how Shiver changes his opinion of players as soon as they are rumored to leave the team. Deja Vu.

As far as the trade, the picks not that high, im pretty sure there are other teams who would give up a pick in the 20's for him with no problem, dont think Dallas is one, not sure how TO or Deangelo would feel about going against eachother in practice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 07:49 AM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

You guys are looking at this from a straight talent perspective. You have to consider the money situation which is a big part of it considering the Falcons have a Patriots-school-of-thought GM running the show.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 08:04 AM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 View Post
Some Falcons fans think Hall is somehow worth a top 10 pick. He's not.

He wants out of Atlanta and is one year away from a HUGE contract. You can't ask a team to give up a premium selection, then have to pay him close to $7-8 million per season.

I would personally trade #31 for him right now, pending an extension. Meaning unless Hall and the Giants agree to terms, no trade.

Reese likes using trades, I can see this happening. Sooner rather than later too.
You say he wants out of Atlanta, Hall says he'd sit until we give him a long term deal.

#31 for one of the top 5 CBs in the NFL is INSANITY...it would take the Giants entire first day and then some to pull Hall from Atlanta. Give us Justin Tuck and #31 and #64 and you could MAYBE sniff him.

Atlanta isn't stupid anymore, if they're looking to move him, they'll do it, but it won't be for cheap. Please note, Hall is now 24 years old...quite a few players coming out this year are that age and older...
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 08:09 AM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
Why should anyone assume that he will mature? Maybe this is just who he is. People don't always magically mature when they become 26, 27, etc., just look at Michael Vick for a prominent example.
Some people do mature, look at sean taylor his first 2 years in the leauge and his last 2
Old 02-22-2008, 08:10 AM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloxygenil View Post
You say he wants out of Atlanta, Hall says he'd sit until we give him a long term deal.

#31 for one of the top 5 CBs in the NFL is INSANITY...it would take the Giants entire first day and then some to pull Hall from Atlanta. Give us Justin Tuck and #31 and #64 and you could MAYBE sniff him.

Atlanta isn't stupid anymore, if they're looking to move him, they'll do it, but it won't be for cheap. Please note, Hall is now 24 years old...quite a few players coming out this year are that age and older...
This is a prime example of what I am talking about. Our first day? Arguably our best DE that we have signed at a nice rate for 7 more years and 2 picks?

Of course won't mind staying if the Falcons pony up and give him a $75 million contract but like you said, would the Falcons be smart enough to not do that? I'm not saying #31 alone will do it but know that every team has fans that overvalue their players and you are one of them.
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 02-22-2008, 08:16 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's not going to go straight up to the Giants for the #31 pick, thats just to get things started, they will have to add in more players because plenty of teams will give up a pick in the 20's...Its just a rumor, I dont think he's worth a top 10 pick but I know at least 2 other teams wouldnt mind giving up a higher pick with the cap room to sign him. Of course he would be a great fit in NY because with that pass rush his job is even easier, but still #31 alone will not be enough, Atlanta wouldnt do that.

Quote:
Old 02-22-2008, 08:21 AM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
He's not going to go straight up to the Giants for the #31 pick, thats just to get things started, they will have to add in more players because plenty of teams will give up a pick in the 20's...Its just a rumor, I dont think he's worth a top 10 pick but I know at least 2 other teams wouldnt mind giving up a higher pick with the cap room to sign him. Of course he would be a great fit in NY because with that pass rush his job is even easier, but still #31 alone will not be enough, Atlanta wouldnt do that.
I could really see us giving up shockey and our first for hall, even though im not really all for it.

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by BaLLiN : 02-23-2008 at 11:48 AM.
Old 02-22-2008, 08:27 AM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I could really see us giving up shockey and our first for hall, even though im really all for it.
Nobody wants Shockey coming off torn ligaments in his ankle on top of a broken leg. He is undervalued at this point, Reese won't trade him.

As of right now I am willing to go #31 and Fred Robbins. I could see the Falcons going after a 1st and 3rd combo or 1st and Jacobs type deal but Reese doesn't play like that. From what I can see, he makes his offer and then leaves the building. Take it or leave it.
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 02-22-2008, 08:30 AM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 View Post
Nobody wants Shockey coming off torn ligaments in his ankle on top of a broken leg. He is undervalued at this point, Reese won't trade him.

As of right now I am willing to go #31 and Fred Robbins. I could see the Falcons going after a 1st and 3rd combo or 1st and Jacobs type deal but Reese doesn't play like that. From what I can see, he makes his offer and then leaves the building. Take it or leave it.
Yea exactly, he does what he thinks is a fair trade and good value, and if the other team isnt satisfied he doesnt try to deal anymore, Ill be amazed if this trade goes through.

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-22-2008, 08:51 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

wait, WHAT? Give up our whole 1st day AND arguably the defensive MVP of the Super Bowl(who happens to be 25) and then MAYBE SNIFF HIM????? that may be the most absurd thing I've heard in my entire life.

Hall is a great talent and very young, but that statement blows my mind
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 08:55 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Let's start by saying I don't want him, even only for #31 straight up. But because of the money you are going to have to give him, he isn't worth as much as all you think. It is similar to Santana in baseball. Santana wasn't going to return a huge package, because any team who traded for him would have to sign him to a huge contract.
Old 02-22-2008, 08:56 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

LOL. Our first day picks AND Justin Tuck? To just 'sniff' Hall? Are you kidding me? I wouldn't do Tuck for Hall straight up. Tuck is worth far more than Hall, if only because he's locked up long term for cheap in this day and age. I'm not saying he's a better player (it depends on how much you value each position), but the long term deal is a huge plus compared to Hall who is going to be in for a pay day soon.

Personally, I'm not sure how I feel about this. I cut Hall some slack because he is a young guy, but I don't like his attitude at times. Granted he was playing with a fool of a head coach in Petrino. I suppose I'd be happy if we got him for 31 straight up (which I doubt), but I kind of like the guys we have. All character guys, pretty much.

Last edited by Forenci : 02-22-2008 at 09:28 AM.
Forenci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 09:02 AM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Let's start by saying I don't want him, even only for #31 straight up. But because of the money you are going to have to give him, he isn't worth as much as all you think. It is similar to Santana in baseball. Santana wasn't going to return a huge package, because any team who traded for him would have to sign him to a huge contract.
I've been trying to explain that to them....they are having a tough time grasping that idea.

It's not like we're making this trade in 2005 with a few years left on his rookie contract.
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 02-22-2008, 09:14 AM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Yea you have to think about the fact that you will have to resign him.... So a ton of cap space and a first round pick for Hall.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
SaintsFanForLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 09:56 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I could really see us giving up shockey and our first for hall, even though im really all for it.
SHockey won't pass anyones physical right now. He still recovering.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 10:05 AM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly, if that's all it takes to land Hall ... then the Cowboys should trump that offer with 28 to address their CB concern and a host of other teams should consider it. Now, I don't think he's worth that much more than 32(31), but I would be a tad surprised if that's all Hall could net.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 10:17 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Well you get the good with the bad, you get one of the top cover corners in the league at age 24, the age of most rookies, and on the flip side you have to pay him like one of the top corners as well...Cant have it both ways, its a type of thing that has its pluses and negatives...for a team who has the room its perfect, but if a team is already struggling to find room to pay guys it wont happen...

Personally I dont think Dallas can afford him either, at least without letting Hamlin, Barber, and other guys walk at some point...My point was that even though its a huge contract, other teams will still be bidding, and this is just one rumor to start it all...He might cost you guys alot, but it would also be an excellent advantage to have a cover corner with his speed to go along with the best pass rush in the biz, aaron ross makes a great 2, so its not like paying that money wouldnt be worth it in many aspects.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonsterwu View Post
Honestly, if that's all it takes to land Hall ... then the Cowboys should trump that offer with 28 to address their CB concern and a host of other teams should consider it. Now, I don't think he's worth that much more than 32(31), but I would be a tad surprised if that's all Hall could net.
Supposedly we are trying to get Samuel, dont know why or where all that money is coming from, but Hall makes sense I just dont want to make a huge signing then let alot of guys walk who had a huge role with us...with jerry its no telling, and i could see him wanting to do it, but unless we plan on letting terrance newman walk in a yr or 2, I dont know how it would work.

Quote:

Last edited by LonghornsLegend : 02-22-2008 at 10:28 AM.
Old 02-22-2008, 10:27 AM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wasn't really considering finances, so I definitely understand that.

I just don't see Samuel as that man-to-man guy.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote