Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-29-2008, 01:57 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2008: $2.1 million (+ $5.4 million option bonus due 3/4), 2009: $5.6 million, 2010: $5.85 million, 2011: $6.7 million.

Those are his numbers over the next 4 seasons. Are the Cowboys going to be able to get him to restructure? I don't see how or why he would without getting to test his value on the market first.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 01:59 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chance to win right away, big time QB, big market with lots of endorsements and jersey sales. He won't get that kind of money on the open market.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 02:24 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
2008: $2.1 million (+ $5.4 million option bonus due 3/4), 2009: $5.6 million, 2010: $5.85 million, 2011: $6.7 million.

Those are his numbers over the next 4 seasons. Are the Cowboys going to be able to get him to restructure? I don't see how or why he would without getting to test his value on the market first.
I'm not sure how that will work out financially. I know Walker is clinging onto his money like no other. We just cleared 2.4M from the Ferguson to Miami trade so that may help. Walker is from Texas, so maybe we would take a small cut.

I've always admired his talent from afar and I always favor acquiring WRs through trade or FA over the draft, so if this does go down, Jerry must think we can afford it.

We've already crossed ILB (Zach Thomas) and LT (Flozell) off our draft needs list. This will cross out the WR need.

The Eagles and Redskins are also after his services, so we'll see.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 02:26 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
Chance to win right away, big time QB, big market with lots of endorsements and jersey sales. He won't get that kind of money on the open market.
No but what's to say he doesn't call their bluff? I'm sure it's being discussed already, but the finances are something to keep in mind before everyone sings the praises of the move.

It could be that nothing is done really. It's a lot of money, but works out to about the same that Jerry Porter just got from the Jags.

Old 02-29-2008, 02:37 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Jerry will talk to him, see what figures we can work out, helps take away a need come draft time, then we only need a rb and a db badly, now I dont know what Walker will expect but im almost positive we take a good look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 02:52 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Walker was just released

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 02:55 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

There goes that. I woud bet my house that he was unwilling to restructure his contract.

(I don't own a house)

Old 02-29-2008, 02:55 PM    (permalink
rascal
Rookie

rascal hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Please provide a link
rascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 02:59 PM    (permalink
Cunningham
Rookie

Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rascal View Post
Please provide a link
http://rotoworld.com/content/playernews.aspx?sport=NFL
Old 02-29-2008, 03:08 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rascal View Post
Please provide a link
http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/ar...ut-walker.html

It's something...
Old 02-29-2008, 11:42 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Very interesting quote by Walker...

Walker on Friday consistently insisted Marshall’s ascension as a 100-catch receiver wasn’t the root cause of his unhappiness but rather a yearlong span in which he signed with Denver, got hurt, then was ask to cede money.

“If people say I won’t play second fiddle, just be on the lookout for who I might be lined up across on the other side next season,” Walker said. “And if you look at that, then why couldn’t it have been like that in Denver?”

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/new...elease-walker/

Will he be lining up across from Mr. Terrell Owens???
Old 03-01-2008, 12:06 AM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Javon
“If people say I won’t play second fiddle, just be on the lookout for who I might be lined up across on the other side next season,” Walker said. “And if you look at that, then why couldn’t it have been like that in Denver?”
Because of this, you whiney little *****:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Javon
"I just don't see it happening for me here. What it boils down to at this point is I've got to go where the best fit is for me. ... And if it's not the best situation for me [in Denver], it's the best situation for Brandon Marshall."
Nice to see he's already rewriting history.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote