Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-25-2008, 05:45 PM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.
Default Rogers to the Broncos?

The same rocky mountain news that reported the broncos had interest in the jets dewayne robertson are not reporting that the Broncos are close to an agreement with the Lions to land Shaun Rogers.

This interests me, becuase I was under the impression that the Lions would only trade Williams or Rogers for a proven player; who exactly would detroit get?? They do thave last years trade for dre bly working for them. I was also wondering why the NFL doesn't allow trade talks two weeks prior to the free agency period, because it seems no one obides by the tampering rules.

"The Rocky Mountain News reports that the Lions are close to agreeing to trade DT Shaun Rogers to Denver. A deal couldn't be official until Friday.
The terms are unclear, but this is typical high-risk, high-reward Mike Shanahan move. We think it's worth it. Rogers' effort and conditioning are suspect, but he's a Pro Bowl quality defensive tackle in his prime. Denver is desperate for some help upfront and Rogers is a quick fix. Its uncertain if he'll get new money as part of the deal. Feb. 25 - 6:15 pm et
"

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
BroadwayJoe10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 06:02 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

maybe...idk about his value or anything, but maybe they swap first rounder and the broncos get rogers
Old 02-25-2008, 06:06 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I remember talking to um, njx, awhile back and commenting on how this seemed like such a Broncos type move. If motivated and in shape, adding Rogers really boosts the Denver defense and could let the youngsters develop.

My guess is that it's probably a 4th for Rogers.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 06:10 PM    (permalink
ESimsfan87
Rookie

ESimsfan87 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I actually think we could be looking at 2nd or 3rd from the Broncos... Marinelli and Millen pretty said how much they wanted to dump him but with Rogers there is enough activity from other teams looking to improve their line that a 4th wouldnt suffice to make a move this quickly. For the Broncos, they would be getting a player that would be their best on the d line and although he's a horrible negotiator and overall person Matt Millen would probably wait a bit on the trade if it was only a 4th round pick.
ESimsfan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 06:12 PM    (permalink
Young Legend
Veteran

Young Legend is a cocksman.Young Legend is a cocksman.Young Legend is a cocksman.Young Legend is a cocksman.

I dont think the Broncos have a 3rd round pick..
Old 02-25-2008, 06:13 PM    (permalink
JCutlery
Veteran

JCutlery hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Hmmm.. I could've sworn the Donkeys just said they were committed to building the team through the draft. So, yeah, sacrificing a pick for an overweight Rogers fits the bill. Only, not really.

I'm definitely not saying I'm surprised, though.
Old 02-25-2008, 06:18 PM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

I can see Shanny pulling a move like this..

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
SaintsFanForLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 06:27 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd like to see the Saints trade for him.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 06:47 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm really hopeing its like a 2nd and Elvis Dummervil for Rogers.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 07:29 PM    (permalink
wingboy2999
Pro Bowler

wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonsterwu View Post
I remember talking to um, njx, awhile back and commenting on how this seemed like such a Broncos type move. If motivated and in shape, adding Rogers really boosts the Denver defense and could let the youngsters develop.

My guess is that it's probably a 4th for Rogers.
...gross.... Now I'm scared that this is going to happen.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08
wingboy2999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 07:30 PM    (permalink
wingboy2999
Pro Bowler

wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broth223 View Post
Honestly.... that'd be a dream deal. Many Lions fans seem to be content with a 2nd... but that is only if we know he is on his way out. A 4th is absolutely gross. 2nd + Dumervil I'd be ecstatic about.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08
Old 02-25-2008, 07:32 PM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingboy2999 View Post
Honestly.... that'd be a dream deal. Many Lions fans seem to be content with a 2nd... but that is only if we know he is on his way out. A 4th is absolutely gross. 2nd + Dumervil I'd be ecstatic about.
A 4th is terrible value for rogers, i'm surprised there not talking to the jets about vilma, considering Marinelli said he wanted a proven player and not a pick. I would rather take the chance on vilma coming back stronger than ever than on millen picking a player that will be better than vilma.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
BroadwayJoe10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 07:34 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

Such a Shanahan move.

Bosanac01
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 07:35 PM    (permalink
wingboy2999
Pro Bowler

I'd rather take Rogers putting half effort for a quarter of the season then for a 4th. Ugh.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08
Old 02-25-2008, 07:36 PM    (permalink
CT Bronco Fan
Team Leader
Veteran

CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Prob 1 or 2 of our 4th rounders.
Old 02-25-2008, 07:54 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Vilma for Rogers and a pick makes more sense for the Lions.
Old 02-25-2008, 08:11 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No more trades with Denver. George Foster and Tatum Bell, anyone?

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 08:28 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm guessing Ian Gold is in the deal.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 08:41 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
No more trades with Denver. George Foster and Tatum Bell, anyone?
Well its not like Dre Bly was doing anything great in Denver. (Did I just defend Millen? I think I should be slapped)

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 02-25-2008, 09:01 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broth223 View Post
I highly doubt that. Rogers can be dominant but he has to many questions. I would say youd be fairly lucky to get a 2nd and theres no way your going to get a yong stud like Elvis. Just my opinion

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 09:07 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
I highly doubt that. Rogers can be dominant but he has to many questions. I would say youd be fairly lucky to get a 2nd and theres no way your going to get a yong stud like Elvis. Just my opinion
Yeah I know but I always wanted Elvis to be a Lion when he fell to the 3rd I was jumping up and down yelling for the Lions to take him... sigh

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 02-25-2008, 10:29 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shanahan needs to stop dumpster diving for D-lineman and let the 2007 draft develop. At 12, he's in position to get Sedrick Ellis if he wants to burn an extra pick or two.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 10:31 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like this pickup for the Broncos. It allows them to search in other directions in the draft. A line of Moss-Thomas-Rogers-Crowder-Dumerville is pretty good. This way, they can get Rivers in the first, and their defense will be stacked just like old times.
Old 02-25-2008, 10:39 PM    (permalink
wingboy2999
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargerCohen View Post
Shanahan needs to stop dumpster diving for D-lineman and let the 2007 draft develop. At 12, he's in position to get Sedrick Ellis if he wants to burn an extra pick or two.
Dumpster diving? Sorry... as inconsistent as Rogers can be he will never be associated with dumper diving. Kthnx.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08
Old 02-25-2008, 10:51 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingboy2999 View Post
Dumpster diving? Sorry... as inconsistent as Rogers can be he will never be associated with dumper diving. Kthnx.
... unless there's a half-eaten cheeseburger in the dumpster. You don't get as big as Rogers is by letting perfectly good food go to waste.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote