Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-26-2008, 01:02 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Am I the only one who finds it a bit funny that last year the Jags signed an older quick/deep threat who had trouble catching the ball in Dennis Northcutt, only to now trade for a younger quick/deep threat who has trouble catching the ball in Williamson?

Jags fans ribbing aside, I'm intrigued if a team could develop Williamson further. That would be great if they could. I would have been very interested to see what the Colts could have done, but to be honest, I'm content with them picking up Courtney Roby who wasn't a fit with in Norm Chow's offense in Tennessee. I think they picked up a sleeper there.

Also, forget this noise about Williamson anyways. Mike Walker arrives this season, pls blv.
Old 02-26-2008, 01:04 AM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They also drafted Derek "I'm going to throw the ball into the DB's hands" Hagan from ASU. =D

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 01:06 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Right state, wrong team, TP. That would be the Miami Dolphins.
Old 02-26-2008, 01:06 AM    (permalink
Kid_Ego
Veteran

Kid_Ego smells like sex panther.Kid_Ego smells like sex panther.

In his defense he has a very good work ethic the same things were said about Chris Carter at one time. "ALl he catches is TDS" but uhm Troy doesnt really do that either. he has to be active to do that. The guy runs like the wind and catches the football as though it were water the ball just seems to slide through his hands.
Kid_Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 01:08 AM    (permalink
Kid_Ego
Veteran

The Vikings should of traded him him for Jones then maybe hed a beat Jackson out at qb again.
Old 02-26-2008, 01:09 AM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
Right state, wrong team, TP. That would be the Miami Dolphins.
I was thinking of Dirk Koetter for a second. Man, ASU is taking over Florida. Koetter at Jacksonville, Hagan in Miami, Jake the Snake at Tampa Bay (sort of). I would laugh if the Jags draft Sam Keller.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 01:19 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid_Ego View Post
The Vikings should of traded him him for Jones then maybe hed a beat Jackson out at qb again.
Confirmed, they can run the Wing T offense ftw.
Old 02-26-2008, 01:20 AM    (permalink
Gatz
Rookie

Gatz is a cocksman.Gatz is a cocksman.Gatz is a cocksman.Gatz is a cocksman.Gatz is a cocksman.

I believe the rule of wrs is that you can work on their hands and develop their catching skills.

I also believe Troy Williamson is an exception to that rule.
Gatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 01:20 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

I lol'ed. Nice job, rook.
Old 02-26-2008, 01:41 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe they just want to look after MJD a bit more and use him as a kick returner. 1mill salary for a guy with his speed runningback kicks and maybe doing something as a receiver isn't THAT bad.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 01:44 AM    (permalink
Kid_Ego
Veteran

IS MJD going to hand him the freaking ball. Cause he sure as hell isnt going to catch it.
Old 02-26-2008, 03:02 AM    (permalink
S2TheEvo
Rookie

S2TheEvo hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Guys, let's not forget that it's not only his hands that suck, he can not adjust to the ball at all and lacks awareness. Hence balls bouncing off of his shoulder pads. Even with all the speed he had, he really didn't add much in terms of returning either. I was actually pretty excited when we drafted him and thought he would start to develop in a year or two, and even was happy that he was getting another chance this year.

For reasons said above, I'm ecstatic he's on his way out, and that we even managed to pick up a draft pick for him. I know the chances of a late 6th round pick (speculated) panning out isn't high, but there was no chance that Troy was going to turn things around in Minnesota. If he can somehow acquire body control to go with his blazing speed then he could be a very nice deep threat, until then he'll continue to disappoint and have fans wanting to hurt themselves. No more heart palpitations for when the ball is coming towards him or he's fielding a kick.

Last edited by S2TheEvo : 02-26-2008 at 03:20 AM.
S2TheEvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 05:36 AM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All in all, this is a solid move. 6th rounder that can upgrade a round? It's a worthy gamble for a team looking for speed. They'll get Mike Walker back, but how much he can help is unknown. I wouldn't be surprised if they still drafted a WR early.

But for a 6th rounder? Solid gamble, provided Troy still top speed.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 05:40 AM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

well....the jaguars now have four former first round picks catching the ball or trying to at least...

Williams (9th overall)
Williamson (7th overall)
Matt Jones (22nd overall) '
Marcedes Lewis (28th overall)

I pray to jesus we go WR in the first round again..............................not
JagHombre22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 06:57 AM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
It's a second day pick.
Which can be as high as a 3rd rounder now, and if its anything higher than a 5th than thats a pathetic trade for the Jaguars to make.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 06:58 AM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2TheEvo View Post
This might be the greatest picture ever, I'm still laughin at it!!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 07:12 AM    (permalink
Thunder&Lightning
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
If his salary is low and he can be had for cheap I don't see why not. I think he has more potential than most players you can grab in round six or seven. Sometimes players just need a change in scenery.
i agree. williamson still has potential he was a top 15 pick. maybe with some better coaching he can evolve.

Thunder&Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 08:18 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

this is an interesting move and it has alot of angles to be considered...

like stated above, the jags now have 4 former 1st rounders (2 top 10 picks) in their reciveing core, along with mike walker, dennis northcutt and ernest wilford (who i think is a FA anyways). So it isnt like there isnt talent there. that said, they are all extremely raw or are for some reason not living up to their potential. I think this is an interesting scenario and i wanna see how it plays out.

That said, Troy williamson is a ****ing tool lol. He doesnt adjust well when the ball is in the air, and i have personally seen at least 5 balls hit has facemask since he came into the leauge (to put it in perspecitve, i watch maybe 3 minnesota games a season). He has NO hands at all, little awareness, and i thought he was a terrible pick at #7 that year. Just think, they traded randy freaking moss for troy williamson and napoleon harris. Damn, the vikes have made some real bad personel decisions in recent history. Then they traded their star QB for ryan cook. huh...oh well anyways, i guess williamson has potential and this could work out well for the jags if they can develop him properly, although i doubt it. AS ERU stated though, it says second day pick which is all the way up to the 3rd round now, so Jags fans better hope this is like a 5th rounder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 09:15 AM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid_Ego View Post
In his defense he has a very good work ethic the same things were said about Chris Carter at one time. "ALl he catches is TDS" but uhm Troy doesnt really do that either. he has to be active to do that. The guy runs like the wind and catches the football as though it were water the ball just seems to slide through his hands.
Does anyone realize that Troy Williamson is a walking talking football cliche? How many football movies include a superfast wide receiver who can't catch the football?

At what point is Scott Bakula or Keanu Reaves going to play QB for the Jaguars and throw a touchdown to a wide open Troy Williamson who manages to miraculously catch it while dramatic music is playing in the background? I want to know so I can tune in. Will Rob Schneider and John Madden be calling the game?
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 10:10 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well...thats....interesting....
Old 02-26-2008, 10:25 AM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
AS ERU stated though, it says second day pick which is all the way up to the 3rd round now, so Jags fans better hope this is like a 5th rounder.
I think I read somewhere it was a 6th round pick. Might just have been rumors though.

Signature made by me

Sveen's 2014 NFL Draft Spreadsheet
Sveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 11:24 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For sure a 7th round pick.
Just watched it on ESPN.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 11:38 AM    (permalink
swagger
Veteran

swagger hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagHombre22 View Post
Personally, I like this move...it means we don't have to use a first day pick or even a second day pick on a speedy unproven with no experience WR...he'll be competition in training camp and worst case scenario is he's the fourth or fifth WR on the depth chart...
4th or 5th on the depth chart, and then he'll get wide open on 3rd down or a well designed play, and completely whiff on a ball with nobody within 15 yards of him. Like I said, he's the ultimate drive killer and offensive cancer.

I don't think you guys understand just how bad he is. He is so uncoordinated and confused when trying to catch a ball, that you might actually be able to argue that he has down syndrome or mentally retardation. Balls have bounced off his chest, his face mask, the top of his helmet, his shoulder, etc. When he drops balls his arms or hands rarely make physical contact... that's how f'in far off he is.

Good luck! Have fun with him, that's all I'll say. Some of you will look back to this day when you lauded (however subtly) the Williamson trade in embarrassment.

I've never been happier to have a guy off the roster.

sig by vikes99ej

RIP Sean Taylor
4/1/1983 - 11/27/2007

Last edited by swagger : 02-26-2008 at 11:41 AM.
swagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 11:42 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

For a 7th round pick? Worth a flier.
Old 02-26-2008, 11:51 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, for a 7th you can't go wrong. The question is, is Minnesota that disgusted with him that they were willing to let him go for a 7th?

Wow...