Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-26-2008, 07:42 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
What PTI guys are we talking about? Jay Mariotti and Woody Paige are both very well known. So are Kornheiser and Wilbom. Bob Ryan. etc. etc. Guys like Tim Cowlishaw aren't going to get as much pub because 1) They aren't on TV nearly as much, 2) they are boring as hell.

It's one thing to be known. It's another thing to be known for being an idiot. I guess in the absence of having the ability to be known for anything else he's accomplished something, but I stick with Ben Franklin's motto of "it's better to keep your mouth shut and have people think you're an idiot than to open it and prove them correct".
well, look at it this way. if youve been in the business as long as he has been, and never had the credibility that the other guys you mentioned has, then its a great move to create publicity for yourself by acting like a total idiot and having yourself discussed in the sports world because of it.

if he didn't act like a moron, he'd be just another sports guy. he's created a niche for himself, regardless of how people view him, the important thing is he has established an audience, something that every sportswriter/caster/etc wants for himself.

when youre in the entertainment business, its important to market yourself. Bayless markets himself in a way that makes himself stand out from everyone else. its a calculated move by him.
Old 02-26-2008, 08:00 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just don't understand why he would make everyone think hes a complete idiot just so he can be famous. Doesn't seem worth it.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 08:02 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
I just don't understand why he would make everyone think hes a complete idiot just so he can be famous. Doesn't seem worth it.
its not just to be famous. its about money.

Look at Bill O'Reilly. Controversy sells, and makes money.
Old 02-26-2008, 08:20 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Cardinals would be much happier without it

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 08:29 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How many people actually care who Skip is? How many people have actually watch whatever lame show he is on now?

He creates little to no buzz throughout the sporting community, it just so happens someone brought it up here.
ShutDwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 08:29 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Place kicking is apart of football you cant take it out. Skip is a moron and I when I see his jaw flapping I know its just a bunch of garbage coming out.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 09:02 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
What PTI guys are we talking about? Jay Mariotti and Woody Paige are both very well known. So are Kornheiser and Wilbom. Bob Ryan. etc. etc. Guys like Tim Cowlishaw aren't going to get as much pub because 1) They aren't on TV nearly as much, 2) they are boring as hell.

It's one thing to be known. It's another thing to be known for being an idiot. I guess in the absence of having the ability to be known for anything else he's accomplished something, but I stick with Ben Franklin's motto of "it's better to keep your mouth shut and have people think you're an idiot than to open it and prove them correct".

Yea I agree, I know guys like Michael A Smith because he's on point with his stuff and has a good personality, same for Mariotti...Bayless gets talked about but I dont see any advantage to it, if you take pride in what you do I dont know what you would want to be known for an idiot...I watch 1st and 10 because I like the show and its format, still disagree wth everything bayless ever say and dont know how he keeps his job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 11:23 PM    (permalink
DaBears9654
Rookie

DaBears9654 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

To use the favorite insult of one of my old university instructors*, Skip Brainless is a tool.

* - she doesn't have a Ph.D. -- or @ least not @ the time -- and therefore couldn't be called a "professor"

NFC North right ends are shaking in their cleats.

Or @ least they had better be.

Last edited by DaBears9654 : 03-27-2008 at 11:45 AM.
DaBears9654 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 02:58 AM    (permalink
Kurve
Veteran

Kurve hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Kurve hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i think skip just comes up with stuff to have an argument i truely dont see him believing in half the things he says
Kurve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 06:38 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
Anything that Skip Bayless says, the OPPOSITE is ALWAYS TRUE.
Very True sir, Very True.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 06:41 AM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

what team was that had all them toss around on the final play of the game
then they miss the place kick
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 06:00 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

I just turn the channel whenever I hear him speaking. I feel uncomfortable even posting this, because if people just didn't acknowledge him, he would go away.
Old 02-27-2008, 06:04 PM    (permalink
Patriots16-0
Veteran

Patriots16-0 Patriots16-0 Patriots16-0 Patriots16-0 Patriots16-0

We can eliminate punting (I would love to see Peyton Manning getting intercepted in a 4th to 19), but the kicker is one of the most important positions in football and it would take 20% of football emotion out.

Thanks to darnik44two for the sig

Dream Pats Draft:
1. Vernon Gholston, LB, tOSU
2. Adarious Bowman, WR, Ok St
3a. Charles Godfrey, CB, Iowa
3b. Kevin Smith, RB, UCF
4. Peyton Hillis, RB, Ark
5. Jermichael Finley, TE, Texas
6. Brian Witherspoon, CB, Stillman
7. Pierre Garcon, WR, Mt Union
Patriots16-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 04:50 PM    (permalink
DawgBone
Rookie

DawgBone smells like sex panther.

Without FG kickers Tom Brady would have how many rings?
DawgBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 04:56 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

Why the heck did you bump this month old post :D
Old 03-25-2008, 05:14 PM    (permalink
Pacific
Rookie

Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend View Post
what team was that had all them toss around on the final play of the game
then they miss the place kick
I think you're thinking of the Jags and Saints. Saints did all those crazy laterals and then Carney missed the PAT. 2003 I think.
Old 03-25-2008, 09:53 PM    (permalink
DawgBone
Rookie

DawgBone smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinzzfan25 View Post
Why the heck did you bump this month old post :D
I dont want to see it die. Any chance you get to take a shot at Tom Brady, you do it!

Last edited by DawgBone : 03-25-2008 at 09:56 PM.
DawgBone is offline   Reply With Quote