Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-26-2008, 06:30 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots16-0 View Post
I said that it would happen. Nobody believed me...
It still hasn't happened. And who's nobody? You're still part of the large flock of people who invest in this rumor. A lot of people think this will happen. It's not like you're out on a ledge by yourself.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 06:31 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If this means there's a better chance Chris Long is still on the board at #4 I'm all for it!
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 06:32 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As a Giant fan, I hope this trade happens honestly. McFadden, Im not completely sold on him honestly. But more importantly, a trade like this would mean Dallas doesn't address its actual needs like CB or SS. It also means they might have to let go some key FA guys that they haven't resigned yet.

Either way, that would make me a happy camper. DMac doesn't mean jack when we can still spread them out and pick on Roy Williams and Reeves all day. Unless DMac is playing CB or SS i'll be happy if this trade goes down.
Old 02-26-2008, 06:33 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Adrian Peterson didnt have Chester Taylor his transition wouldnt of been as easy, and the Vikings would of gone through hell if he got hurt without Taylor there, I cant see why JJ would take a super bowl team into the season with just a rookie rb on the team and rely on him to stay healthy every game and pretty much carry this team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 06:34 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots16-0 View Post
I said that it would happen. Nobody believed me...
what did u say would happen? If you are referring to Miami trading the #1, then your actually in the majority. That Dallas is interested in McFadden? Tell me something that i dont know.

You also realize that the trade hasn't gone through yet right?

so in reality, you were probably never alone on anything even closely related to this thread.

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 06:35 PM    (permalink
BigBlueCrew56
Rookie

BigBlueCrew56 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Jerry Jones has a huge boner for Darren McFadden. Jones has been talking about getting a homerun threat for his offense and this is what McFadden is. Jones left the combine after McFadden ran with the biggest smile on his face. I think the #1 pick is already there's and that McFadden will soon be a cowboy.
BigBlueCrew56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 06:38 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
If Adrian Peterson didnt have Chester Taylor his transition wouldnt of been as easy, and the Vikings would of gone through hell if he got hurt without Taylor there, I cant see why JJ would take a super bowl team into the season with just a rookie rb on the team and rely on him to stay healthy every game and pretty much carry this team.
If AD didn't have two of the best offensive lineman to block for him, he wouldn't have had the season he had.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 06:40 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really can't see this happening I know Jerry Jones has a big ego but come on, hey if it happens that great for the rest of the NFC east.

Barber is worth a first round pick so there that and probably the last first round pick, to let the Phins pick in the first round at least, and then maybe a third or fourth round pick. If not the third or fourth round pick maybe a second for next year.

Anyone think the Dolphins pick McFadden and trade him like San Diego did with Eli Manning, and Vick. The Eli Manning trade got them some pretty good players Rivers, Merriman. Vick trade got them L.T. and Brees. Maybe Phins go that road.
Old 02-26-2008, 06:40 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think Jerry is that stupid to give up more than marion barber, two draft picks, and another early draft pick.

If I were to logically value this out through the NFL pick value chart, I'd do it like this.

Marion Barber (1100) I think thats a little generous but i do think he is a great player and maybe worth more than the 14th overal pick.

Pick 22 (850), Pick 28 (700), and here with Bobby Carpenter probably worth a 2nd rounder. He is still young, but I really don't see much production at all from him. People say that he doesn't fit the Cowboy's defense well, but i wouldn't know. He is a Parcells's guy. I had him in a trade to Dolphins for first overall pick similar to what i said, but I gave Cowboys Jason Allen to the cowboys.

At the very least from the #1 overall pick, I think the Cowboys would have to give up Bobby Carpenter, Marion Barber, #22 overall pick, 2nd rounder, and third rounder.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:

Last edited by BaLLiN : 02-26-2008 at 06:42 PM.
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 06:41 PM    (permalink
Starkar Mace

I don't see why this rumor has re-emerged since it seems very improbable that either Miami or St. Louis draft McFadden. It would seem much more prudent to wait until #3-7 and then trade up to draft him, if it is a priority to draft him. But if you already have a Pro Bowl running back, why would you spend so much draft value on McFadden? The talent of Barber and McFadden both demand so many touches a game, and if either he or Barber are getting that many, then the other isn't, and his talent is being wasted. It's overkill.

And that doesn't even factor in the difference in salary were McFadden drafted #1 or #7. But drafting him period is imprudent, and giving up Barber in order to draft him is even moreso. Their needs are better served by picking up another back later in the draft.

Last edited by Starkar Mace : 02-26-2008 at 06:43 PM.
Old 02-26-2008, 06:43 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
As a Giant fan, I hope this trade happens honestly. McFadden, Im not completely sold on him honestly. But more importantly, a trade like this would mean Dallas doesn't address its actual needs like CB or SS. It also means they might have to let go some key FA guys that they haven't resigned yet.

Either way, that would make me a happy camper. DMac doesn't mean jack when we can still spread them out and pick on Roy Williams and Reeves all day. Unless DMac is playing CB or SS i'll be happy if this trade goes down.
Mildly surprised by the cockiness, but I guess a SB ring can give you that privilege. Reeves is an UFA and isn't expected to be back. Roy Williams has our SS situation hand cuffed, but at least Wade isn't afraid of taking him out of the game. If Jerry is smart, he'll ask Roy to restructure or trade or release him. Roy isn't selling jerseys anymore and Jerry should know that there's no reason for him to be on the team if things continue as is.

Jerry was smart to retain Hamlin, so maybe he'll pull another smart move and tell Wade to play Hamlin at SS full time.
Old 02-26-2008, 06:46 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlueCrew56 View Post
Jerry Jones has a huge boner for Darren McFadden. Jones has been talking about getting a homerun threat for his offense and this is what McFadden is. Jones left the combine after McFadden ran with the biggest smile on his face. I think the #1 pick is already there's and that McFadden will soon be a cowboy.
Did you just imagine Jerry Jones having a boner?

Dallas' offense is not the problem. Where do you get that he's been talking about adding a homerun threat? We have plenty of weapons on offense.
Old 02-26-2008, 06:47 PM    (permalink
BigBlueCrew56
Rookie

Because Jerry Jones might find it easier to deal with an old pal like Bill Parcells. A trade with the Rams is logical but do they really want Barber???? As for the Falcons....there is a shot they may jump on DMAC so why risk it. And the Raiders so on and so on.
Old 02-26-2008, 06:49 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Really, with Atlanta sitting there at three, unless JJ wanted to risk it and doesn't completely have his heart set on getting McFadden, he'd just about have to trade up to #1 to ensure getting him.

As for the trade, I think Barber, Carpenter, and the two first rounders would be more than enough, or 2nd rounder/future pick instead of Carpenter. I think people are underrating the value of an established player such as Barber, especially in a class such as this where this really isn't a real standout prospect. Really though, I wouldn't knock the trade from either side until I saw the players in action. Granted, I thought McFadden would be better off with a complimentary back such as Barber, but we'll see. I have my doubts that Barber would look as good behind Miami's line as it did behind Dallas's.
thetedginnshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 06:51 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Mildly surprised by the cockiness, but I guess a SB ring can give you that privilege. Reeves is an UFA and isn't expected to be back. Roy Williams has our SS situation hand cuffed, but at least Wade isn't afraid of taking him out of the game. If Jerry is smart, he'll ask Roy to restructure or trade or release him. Roy isn't selling jerseys anymore and Jerry should know that there's no reason for him to be on the team if things continue as is.

Jerry was smart to retain Hamlin, so maybe he'll pull another smart move and tell Wade to play Hamlin at SS full time.
Its not cockiness, its the truth. As a fan of the opposition, I do not want to see you address your needs because that would make you that much stronger. I don't see how selling the farm for DMac would make you any better of a team. It would actually make your team worse.

Now if you nab a CB and possibly ILB ala Henderson in the 1st, and draft best available RB in the 2nd, now that would get me a little nervous. You didn't lose in the playoffs because of your running back. So this trade in my eyes, is counterproductive for the Cowboys.

You guys have the ammo to really address some needs and become a very dangerous team next year. If you give that all up for a RB that you don't need, then thats a good thing for your rivals. It is what it is, but let's not get carried away, nothing has happened yet.
Old 02-26-2008, 06:51 PM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro

Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
I hope it's more than #22/#28/Barber for #1.. because that would value Marion Barber as about the #7 Overall Pick.
Exactly. There's not a chance in hell that Dallas gets McFadden and keeps one of the picks.
Old 02-26-2008, 06:56 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's a terrible trade. Barber is a TD magnet and has a bright future.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 06:56 PM    (permalink
BigBlueCrew56
Rookie

Quote:
Did you just imagine Jerry Jones having a boner?

Ummmmm Noooo but the way they where talking about Jerry Jones wanting McFadden at the combine and all the smirks makes me feel like he might have a man crush on the guy

Dallas' offense is not the problem. Where do you get that he's been talking about adding a homerun threat? We have plenty of weapons on offense.

The NFL Scouting Combine is rumor central in the football world, with hundreds of players, agents, coaches and executives in town trading gossip. Most of the rumors aren't worth passing along, but John Czarnecki of Fox Sports writes about one that's too juicy to pass up:

The Patriots and Randy Moss really aren't close to a new contract, although the Pats believe Moss will give them the option to match whatever deal he does receive on the open market. That makes sense because the clubs pursuing Moss will be limited because he wants to play for a contender. The most interesting rumor is Moss joining the Dallas Cowboys. The Cowboys can pay up, and wouldn't T.O. and Moss be interesting to watch, not to mention impossible to defend?

I really don't think the Cowboys are going to sign Moss. I think the Patriots are going to keep him. And I think there's a pretty good chance that Terrell Owens would become a locker-room cancer if Moss usurped his position as the team's No. 1 receiver. So this rumor doesn't really make a whole lot of sense.

And yet Cowboys owner Jerry Jones has said he wants to add an offensive playmaker this off-season who will make people say "wow." Moss would certainly qualify on that front.

You have to be kidding me right???? And you call yourself a cowboys fan and you dont even know what the hell your owner wants or says. Cmon bro I know the anger is building up because it looks like a crappy trade. You dont run the cowboys. Jerry Jones runs the cowboys. Much like Al Davis runs the Raiders. Sometimes these owners fall in love with players and will do anything to get them. Jerry watched every Arkansas game this year and I am pretty sure he might of had a conversation with many boosters this year stating to them that McFadden will be playing on his team.

Last edited by BigBlueCrew56 : 02-26-2008 at 06:59 PM.
Old 02-26-2008, 06:57 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still think the whole idea of trading Barber this year is more of a rumor that gets fuel to that fire every time Mortenson or Schefter bring it up, as if those guys are always right on rumors...Because we all know Randy Moss ended up in Green Bay.

We have other players to give up, we wont give up both 1st, barber, and especially not any more picks, how do we address another rb, db, fs, o line, wr, just doesnt make any sense on our end, I wouldnt like it even if I knew we were getting an adrian peterson impact. I dont remember either sides talking about Barber being involved, I just remember Jerry denying that he would trade him at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 07:00 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If this trade goes down, Jerry Jones will have officially established himself as the biggest homer on the planet. Those goggles gotta be pretty damn thick to not understand what a great position we're in right now and how much he'd be throwing away by moving up that far to potentially fill a need that was created by the move itself. Our team might be the best situation in the league for a rookie RB to step into and thrive immediately. To spend big on a position with so many viable options available for the picking is just foolish.
Old 02-26-2008, 07:02 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Its not cockiness, its the truth. As a fan of the opposition, I do not want to see you address your needs because that would make you that much stronger. I don't see how selling the farm for DMac would make you any better of a team. It would actually make your team worse.

Now if you nab a CB and possibly ILB ala Henderson in the 1st, and draft best available RB in the 2nd, now that would get me a little nervous. You didn't lose in the playoffs because of your running back. So this trade in my eyes, is counterproductive for the Cowboys.

You guys have the ammo to really address some needs and become a very dangerous team next year. If you give that all up for a RB that you don't need, then thats a good thing for your rivals. It is what it is, but let's not get carried away, nothing has happened yet.
Well, I'm not sure if it's the truth as far as picking on Roy and Reeves all day guaranteeing a win against the Cowboys like you made it sound. ...especially since Reeves isn't expected to be resigned.

But yeah, the trade rumor being discussed is a stupid trade. But the guys here are acting like they know the terms of the trade already, when they don't. The rumor discusses undisclosed picks and people are automatically assuming it's including 2 first rounders and other picks. What I'm saying is if it's just 1 first rounder and some late day 2 picks plus Barber... I'd have to think twice about that one. Coming away with DMAC and our own picks in Rounds 1-3 isn't the same kind of pill to swallow.
Old 02-26-2008, 07:04 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Did NFLN report this before or after Jerry said this 2 days ago...

Shout out to the guy who said "You call yourselves cowboys fans, but dont even know what the owner said" (p.s. dig harder next time)

"The money that goes up there, plus the terms of draft-pick consideration, I don't think we're going there," Jones said. "I don't want to get into a real strategy, as far as going forward here the next few weeks, but I don't see any guy today making some big trade for the first pick up there - I guess that's what we're all alluding too. ... There's been absolutely not one breath of discussion with anybody about going up there to get the 1 or 2 or 3 pick."
-Jerry Jones per DMN blog
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 07:07 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
But yeah, the trade rumor being discussed is a stupid trade. But the guys here are acting like they know the terms of the trade already, when they don't. The rumor discusses undisclosed picks and people are automatically assuming it's including 2 first rounders and other picks. What I'm saying is if it's just 1 first rounder and some late day 2 picks plus Barber... I'd have to think twice about that one. Coming away with DMAC and our own picks in Rounds 1-3 isn't the same kind of pill to swallow.
I hear you, but I think it's safe to assume that Parcells knows what he's doing and wouldn't move that far down just to bring in Barber and a few late picks. Miami has much more pressing needs than adding another RB. The draw for Parcells is probably multiple first-day picks.
Old 02-26-2008, 07:08 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Well, I'm not sure if it's the truth as far as picking on Roy and Reeves all day guaranteeing a win against the Cowboys like you made it sound. ...especially since Reeves isn't expected to be resigned.

it does not guarantee a win, my bad on wording it that way. but its definitely the most effective way of taking on your defense, spreading you guys out and isolating those 2 guys. yes, Reeves won't be back but until you get a legit replacement for him not bringing him back doesn't really solve anything. thats where the draft comes into play. if you draft a CB, that would greatly benefit your team.

if Dallas somehow manages to keep a 1st and get McFadden then its a great trade. But I doubt that happens. Chances are not only will you have to give up both 1sts, but maybe even a 2nd and Barber just to make it work. But if you can keep 1 1st, then thats huge.

But like i said, let's not get carried away, nothing has happened. until it does, we're really just wasting energy on it.
Old 02-26-2008, 07:11 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Quote:
it does not guarantee a win, my bad on wording it that way. but its definitely the most effective way of taking on your defense, spreading you guys out and isolating those 2 guys. yes, Reeves won't be back but until you get a legit replacement for him not bringing him back doesn't really solve anything. thats where the draft comes into play. if you draft a CB, that would greatly benefit your team.

if Dallas somehow manages to keep a 1st and get McFadden then its a great trade. But I doubt that happens. Chances are not only will you have to give up both 1sts, but maybe even a 2nd and Barber just to make it work. But if you can keep 1 1st, then thats huge.

But like i said, let's not get carried away, nothing has happened. until it does, we're really just wasting energy on it.
why would anyone ever give up 2 first's, a second, and a starting RB for any player? and why would you move up to #1 when the same player will be there at #3 for sure and possibly 4, 5, or 6
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote