Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 02-26-2008, 05:36 PM    (permalink
the Laos
Rookie

the Laos hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default quentin groves

what are your thoughts on the vikings taking him in round one? i'd like to move down a few spots to take him, but if not, i wouldn't mind taking him at 17. after the combine, i don't think he's there when we pick in round two.

1. chris long
2. vernon gholston
3a. quentin groves
3b. derrick harvey
5. phillip merling
Old 02-26-2008, 06:18 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hell no to Quentin Groves in round 1, maybe in round 2 if he's there.

DE Rankings

1.Chris Long
2.Vernon gholston
3.Derrick Harvey
4.Phillip Merling
5.Calais Campbell
6.Lawrence Jackson
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 11:35 PM    (permalink
jsang74
Rookie

jsang74 is a cocksman.jsang74 is a cocksman.jsang74 is a cocksman.

He would be too undersized to stay on the field with his hand down
jsang74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 05:17 AM    (permalink
ancoin
Rookie

ancoin hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsang74 View Post
He would be too undersized to stay on the field with his hand down
So was said about Freeney...

My raking would be:
1. Gholston
2. Long
3. Harvey
4. Merling
4. Groves
6. Jackson
7. Campbell
Old 03-16-2008, 05:25 AM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Merling is a superior prospect to Groves there is no way they should be Tied.
Old 03-16-2008, 06:03 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
All-NFLDC

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Merling is overated and will just end up being another Kenechi Udeze on our team if we draft him.
Old 03-16-2008, 06:21 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Chris Long
2. Vernon Gholston
3. Derrick Harvey
4. Lawrence Jackson
5. Calais Campbell
6. Quentin Groves
7. Phillip Merling
8. Jason Jones
9. Chris Ellis
10. Kendall Langford
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 08:51 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
All-NFLDC

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree with that list except I would switch Campbell and Jackson. I really like Campbell's upside and I think if he can pull it together he can be a great End.
Old 03-17-2008, 02:55 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

I don't see why so many are opposed to the Idea of drafting Phillip Merling. What did anyone think we were going to get with Justin Smith he was no edge rusher yet I didn't hear of even half as much opposition to getting him. Merling has the upside to be a excellent all around DE in this league.

Quentin Groves
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright
Extremely inconsistent and lacks a great motor...Undersized and doesn't have the ideal bulk that you look for..Isn't stout at the point...Marginal instincts, awareness and recognition...Limited pass rush repertoire...Too aggressive at times...Slow off the line...Has trouble shedding blocks...Poor technique..A questionable work ethic
Too be heralded for being explosive and very athletic it's a pretty bad thing that he is slow off the line. Pass Rush Moves and good technique can be taught but the inconsistency, the lack of a motor, being slow off the line, and having a questionable work ethic worry me a lot.

Groves is the one who has quickly become very over-rated I wouldn't touch him with a ten foot poll at #17. Second round maybe but definatly not at #17 and not over Phillip Merling.

Last edited by Crazy_Chris : 03-17-2008 at 03:01 PM.