Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Miami Dolphins Team Forum

Miami Dolphins Team Forum Discuss the 'Phins

Old 02-28-2008, 05:29 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Dolphins Free Agency Thread

In just under 6 hours, free agency will officially begin! We have the most cap space in the league, I so hope we finally use some of it! Any last minute guesses from Phins fans who we will be signing during the period, or RE-signing for that matter???

My Guesses (New Signings):

OT Flozell Adams
CB/S Eugene Wilson
DE Marques Douglas
OG Justin Smiley
WR Keyshawn Johnson

I really hope we resign Bell too, but if we get Wilson, that could end that. Hadnot would be nice to get back too, I just think that's a longshot at this point. What do you guys think!?

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 08:18 PM    (permalink
BigBlueCrew56
Rookie

BigBlueCrew56 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Ugggh Flozell is gone...Agrees to 6 year extension with the Cowboys. Can you say Jake Long #1???????
BigBlueCrew56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 09:50 PM    (permalink
Marino13
Veteran

Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

rumors are Ernest Wilford will sign tonight.

Oh and we did sign David Kirkus
Marino13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 01:52 AM    (permalink
thebow305
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlueCrew56 View Post
Ugggh Flozell is gone...Agrees to 6 year extension with the Cowboys. Can you say Jake Long #1???????
Can you say.... NO!?

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
Old 02-29-2008, 07:15 AM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

For 5 years at 25 million. Not too horrible. I think he's on par with the Derreck Dockery's of the world and we got him for 2 million a year less. I like the signing. These are the kind of moves we need to make. He is a good, dependable guard. Not a world beater like Fanaca would have been but definately a guy we can rely on.
Old 02-29-2008, 07:23 AM    (permalink
BigBlueCrew56
Rookie

Very solid guard. Reminds of a Chris Snee type for the Giants. Good first signing for the phins as they are trying to build a solid offensive line. Now do we draft Jake Long at #1 to complete the line???? If Calvin Pace signs then it's really looking like Matt Ryan or Big Jake.

Last edited by BigBlueCrew56 : 02-29-2008 at 07:29 AM.
Old 02-29-2008, 07:24 AM    (permalink
BigBlueCrew56
Rookie

Oh the hatred you have for the Michigan LT HA HA HA
Old 02-29-2008, 07:25 AM    (permalink
TyronePoole38

As a 9er fan I can tell you he is great at pulling. He had a good 06 and an okay 07'. Good signing for you guys nonetheless.
Old 02-29-2008, 08:45 AM    (permalink
BigBlueCrew56
Rookie

Default Calvin Pace coming to the Phins???

Dolphins to make Pace a Mega Offer:Alex Marvez Fox Sports
Feb. 29th 56 minutes ago

Don’t be surprised if Arizona linebacker Calvin Pace leaves South Florida as a member of the Miami Dolphins following a free-agent visit.

A league source told FOXSports.com that Miami is preparing to offer Pace the same kind of mega-deal that linebackers Adalius Thomas and Joey Porter received in free agency last off-season. New England and Miami signed Thomas and Porter respectively to five-year, $32 million contracts that included $20 million in guaranteed money.

Incidentally, Thomas and Porter never made the kind of impact in 2007 that was expected for the money paid.

While the 2003 first-round pick struggled as a 4-3 defensive end in his first four NFL seasons, Pace blossomed last year when moved to outside linebacker in Arizona’s new 3-4 scheme. Pace finished with career highs in tackles (98), sacks (6.5) and passes defensed (6).

By franchising fellow outside linebacker Karlos Dansby, Arizona was willing to let Pace test the market. Unless wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald can be signed to a new contract that lowers his salary cap number of roughly $16 million, Arizona appears likely to lose Pace and wideout Bryant Johnson in free agency.

Last edited by BigBlueCrew56 : 02-29-2008 at 08:49 AM.
Old 02-29-2008, 08:46 AM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Calvin Pace visiting Dolphins. Dolphins preparing to offer him....

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7852370

Friday a.m. note -- picking up Pace

Don't be surprised if Arizona linebacker Calvin Pace leaves South Florida as a member of the Miami Dolphins following a free-agent visit.

A league source told FOXSports.com that Miami is preparing to offer Pace the same kind of mega-deal that linebackers Adalius Thomas and Joey Porter received in free agency last off-season. New England and Miami signed Thomas and Porter respectively to five-year, $32 million contracts that included $20 million in guaranteed money.

Incidentally, Thomas and Porter never made the kind of impact in 2007 that was expected for the money paid.

While the 2003 first-round pick struggled as a 4-3 defensive end in his first four NFL seasons, Pace blossomed last year when moved to outside linebacker in Arizona's new 3-4 scheme. Pace finished with career highs in tackles (9, sacks (6.5) and passes defensed (6).

By franchising fellow outside linebacker Karlos Dansby, Arizona was willing to let Pace test the market. Unless wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald can be signed to a new contract that lowers his salary cap number of roughly $16 million, Arizona appears likely to lose Pace and wideout Bryant Johnson in free agency.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 08:49 AM    (permalink
BigBlueCrew56
Rookie

I guess it's time for the Dolphins to make way for Mr. Jake Long at #1.
Old 02-29-2008, 10:44 AM    (permalink
Quagmire
Rookie

Quagmire is a cocksman.Quagmire is a cocksman.Quagmire is a cocksman.

Quote:
I guess it's time for the Dolphins to make way for Mr. Jake Long at #1.
Still early for that, he is not officially signed..... Could be making the way for Matt Ryan as well........ I would hope if they did sign him, that Taylor would be traded..........
Quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 11:38 AM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This has to be the most intriguing news of the day for me. Does it mean the end of the line for Taylor (and Porter), thus making Chris Long a viable option still? Does it mean Matt Ryan?
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 11:44 AM    (permalink
thebow305
All-Pro

I have no idea what ths means... hopefully Jason is traded now so Chris or Vernon an still be the pick... what does everyone else think about this???

Old 02-29-2008, 12:15 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Pace would be an OLB in Miami's 3-4 and Chris Long a DE, so I don't think there'd be a correlation between Long and Pace.
Old 02-29-2008, 12:28 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

I have a hard time buying into this.

Parcells 1st 3 moves were midlevel cap friendly deals. Jason Ferguson is only making 4 million a year and we got him for a 6th rounder. Justin Smiley only got 9 million Guaranteed over 5 years. And we signed Reggie Torber to play LB for us already according to KFFL. No way he can be making much money.

With all that suddenly we are gonna offer a top tier LB deal to Calvin Pace? I'm having a hard time buying into that. It's going against everything Parcells has indicated and against all the moves he has made so far.
Old 02-29-2008, 12:40 PM    (permalink
BigBlueCrew56
Rookie

The Pace deal is all over the sports radio down here 790 the ticket that a deal should be done rather soon. I think Pace is seeing what the Jets have to offer. And by the way I love the Torbor signing. It sucks that he is leaving my Giants but atleast he's with my adopted team in the Phins
Old 02-29-2008, 12:54 PM    (permalink
thebow305
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjr09 View Post
I have a hard time buying into this.

Parcells 1st 3 moves were midlevel cap friendly deals. Jason Ferguson is only making 4 million a year and we got him for a 6th rounder. Justin Smiley only got 9 million Guaranteed over 5 years. And we signed Reggie Torber to play LB for us already according to KFFL. No way he can be making much money.

With all that suddenly we are gonna offer a top tier LB deal to Calvin Pace? I'm having a hard time buying into that. It's going against everything Parcells has indicated and against all the moves he has made so far.
Apparently he sees a lot of Ware in Pace.... similar players. Calvin Pace is probably what you would call a poor man's DeMarcus Ware. But who knows, he was playing out of position prior to '07 when he had his biggest year (98 Tackles, 6.5 sacks) And under Parcells aggressive defense and the tutoring of JT, he could end up being VERY good for us. An under-the-radar move that could end up making us look real good eventually. I still want Long or Gholston though so I don't know what to think about this yet, I hope we trade down now if the Pace signing is true. I really don't want jake Long at number 1.

Old 02-29-2008, 01:06 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Quote:
The Pace deal is all over the sports radio down here 790 the ticket that a deal should be done rather soon. I think Pace is seeing what the Jets have to offer. And by the way I love the Torbor signing. It sucks that he is leaving my Giants but atleast he's with my adopted team in the Phins
What are you talking about? I've listened to 790 the ticket all day. They've said nothing more then he's currently visiting along with McCown during the sportsflashes.

Are you sure the Torber signing happened. KFFL took the report down. I can't find it anywhere.
Old 02-29-2008, 01:09 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well I hope the Jets take a look at Pace. I mean I don't want to the Phin's to get him. That'd suck for us.
Old 02-29-2008, 01:12 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebow305 View Post
Apparently he sees a lot of Ware in Pace.... similar players. Calvin Pace is probably what you would call a poor man's DeMarcus Ware. But who knows, he was playing out of position prior to '07 when he had his biggest year (98 Tackles, 6.5 sacks) And under Parcells aggressive defense and the tutoring of JT, he could end up being VERY good for us. An under-the-radar move that could end up making us look real good eventually. I still want Long or Gholston though so I don't know what to think about this yet, I hope we trade down now if the Pace signing is true. I really don't want jake Long at number 1.
Where are you hearing that he sees alot of Ware in Pace? I like Pace and I'd love to have him. He was one of the guys I was saying we should target during the offseason but signing him to same deal that Porter and Adalius gone is insane. He hasn't proven he's worth that much. I wouldn't hate it as much as I hated the Porter signing last season but I still don't see where he's worth wasting that cap money on.

I'm torn because I like the player but I hate the amount.
Old 02-29-2008, 01:24 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Default We are expect to sign 4 guys today

Parcells wasting no time rebuilding Dolphins
Within the first 12 hours of the free-agent signing period, the Miami Dolphins already had signed one player and scheduled at least three visits, and it would be no surprise to see them sign at least four free agents by the end of the day.

The Dolphins signed former Jets free-agent tight end Sean Ryan to a one-year deal and were expecting visits from Arizona linebacker Calvin Pace, Oakland quarterback Josh McCown and Tennessee defensive tackle Randy Starks. Talks with Starks, for one, are heating up.
-- Adam Schefter

http://www.nfl.com/freeagency/story?...o&confirm=true

Everyone knew about Pace and McCown who I think would be solid as a 1 year stop gap. But throwing in Randy Starks into the mix would be huge. I knwo nothing about Sean Ryan but he sounds like one of those guys that ends up cut at TC.

Anyways, if you would have told me a week ago that we ended the 1st day of FA with Calvin Pace, Luke McCown, Randy Starks, Justin Smiley, and Reggie Torber. I'd be thrilled.

EDIT: Torber is confirmed I guess. Rotoworld has him listed as going to the Dolphins.

Last edited by Joeyjr09 : 02-29-2008 at 01:29 PM.
Old 02-29-2008, 02:22 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Very interesting signees. Starks is an interesting case, a good raw talent that hasn't materialized in the 4-3. Maybe he'll fit as a 3-4 DE. Torbor and Pace would send a strong signal that Taylor and Porter are out in all likelihood ... and it could be a strong signal on the draft. Wilford's a potentially solid safety option ... for whoever the QB is.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 02:23 PM    (permalink
CARDIAC CAT 7
Rookie

CARDIAC CAT 7 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Parcells wasting no time in Miami

According to NFL.com, Adam Schefter reports:

The Miami Dolphins have stormed out of the free-agent gate, adding yet another young player. The Dolphins reached agreement with former Tennessee defensive tackle Randy Starks on a five-year, $21 million contract that includes $7 million worth of guaranteed money. The best part of Starks might be his upside. He is only 24 years old.

The Dolphins also have reached agreement on a trade with the Dallas Cowboys that would reunite DT Jason Ferguson with Parcells and give Miami a new starting defensive tackle tandem for the coming season...
Old 02-29-2008, 02:24 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also signed giants FA Reggie Torbor LB.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote