Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-28-2008, 09:29 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Value is value. I can't see Reese selling low. But who knows. My guess would be a 2nd rounder would be what he wants (I'm guessing Vilma might cost the third).

we'll know soon enough.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 09:30 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate having a conversation in two different threads, I wish I saw this one first.
Quote:
Originally Posted by toonsterwu View Post
I'd rather see him tried at NT first. I think we've gotten so stuck on the idea that a 3-4 NT has to fit certain parameters. What is Corey right now anyways? 320 right? That's more than fine. I like his hand use and power, leg drive, pad level, and ability to stack. I like his quickness as well for the nose position. We're so stuck on the idea that the nose should just occupy. I want the nose to be able to contain, leverage, drive, and push (preferably explode). Granted, it's hard to find someone that can do it all, and within a short span.

I'm not saying he wouldn't be a good 3-4 end. He could be an excellent 3-4 end. He has the arm length that I like, and the above attributes hold well for 3-4 ends as well. But top 3-4 NT's are hard to find, and I think Corey has all the attributes to be able to be a top 3-4 NT. I would at least try him there before fully putting him at 3-4 end, but that's me.
Anyway, like I said in the FA thread I think Williams is a great fit in a 3-4. I've been thinking for a while now that he'd be a good 3-4 DE. You bring up an interesting point for NT, which could be a possibility I guess. I'm sure Romeo Crennel and his staff will make it an easy transition for Williams to his new position, whatever it ends up being.

I like the trade for both sides. Cleveland gets a proven player (even if it's not in that scheme) who's better than any DL that'd be available to them at their pick. Green Bay gets another second for a player who while a good contributor to our defense is expandable with Pickett, Jolly, Harrell, and Cole on the roster.
Old 02-28-2008, 09:31 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
I like Berrian, but i don't know if its wise to pay him that much.
I think 51's point is that they should have franchised Berrian for 08, to either keep him for a year, still sign him long-term, or trade him away for a 2nd/3rd round pick if another team was willing.
Old 02-28-2008, 09:32 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
[u][color=#a9a9a9][url]

I like Berrian, but i don't know if its wise to pay him that much.
Correct me if I'm wrong BF51. But 49erfan, I'm pretty sure he was referring to Jerry's not franchising and then trading Berrian?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 09:33 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
I think 51's point is that they should have franchised Berrian for 08, to either keep him for a year, still sign him long-term, or trade him away for a 2nd/3rd round pick if another team was willing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong BF51. But 49erfan, I'm pretty sure he was referring to Jerry's not franchising and then trading Berrian?
Ah, i misread it. Sorry, my mistake.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 09:33 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corey_W...ball_player%29

"It is rumored however that the Cleveland Browns have gotten Williams in exchange for their 2008 2nd round pick. THE STEELERS STILL SUCK"
Old 02-28-2008, 09:34 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

is this true yet, im making a mock right now and just got to the cleveland 2nd round pick

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 09:34 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
One of many. I'm telling you the man is already a top five GM in the NFL... I said Williams was trade bait from the day he was franchised.

Here's more on it. I think it's more of a rumor as thus far, but will likely happen. Way to keep him outta the NFC Teddy! http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn...c.php?t=364602
I've said it since before the day he was franchised. I was the first to bring up the idea of franchising him at all, and franchise and trading him, on here or in the media. I don't normally brag like this, but I'm feeling proud at the moment.:p
Old 02-28-2008, 09:37 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

seems like the browns are becoming the new redskins, trading away their first to picks

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 09:45 PM    (permalink
steelernation77
Veteran

steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corey_W...ball_player%29

"It is rumored however that the Cleveland Browns have gotten Williams in exchange for their 2008 2nd round pick. THE STEELERS STILL SUCK"
still eh? those zany browns fans and their head trauma...
steelernation77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 09:46 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great trade for us. I really expect it's a 2nd because if it was a 3rd we would have waited, I'm sure TT would wait all the way to draft day if needed.

I agree with the people that don't like him as a NT. He's a penetrating tackle, we got rid of him because he plays too much like an end already.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 09:48 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
seems like the browns are becoming the new redskins, trading away their first to picks
Except for we dont throw picks and money at crappy players recently...

Would you rather trade for a proven player thats young or draft an unproven player thats young?

I'll go with the guy who proved himself.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 09:49 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow Vilma to the Saints? Who would the Jets get in return? Do the Saints have a premier NT, OL, or DE/OLB Tweener? If they trade him for a pick it should be at least a 2nd because he's pro bowl talent.
Old 02-28-2008, 09:51 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
Except for we dont throw picks and money at crappy players recently...

Would you rather trade for a proven player thats young or draft an unproven player thats young?

I'll go with the guy who proved himself.
Yeah, I actually reallyreally like this move by the Browns. Both parties benefited.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 02-28-2008, 09:53 PM    (permalink
757Dawg
Rookie

757Dawg is a cocksman.757Dawg is a cocksman.757Dawg is a cocksman.757Dawg is a cocksman.757Dawg is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
That's a terrible comparison. Until we start dishing out huge money deals and draft picks for mediocrity on a routine basis, we're in no way similar to the Redskins.
757Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 09:53 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimDris View Post
Wow Vilma to the Saints? Who would the Jets get in return? Do the Saints have a premier NT, OL, or DE/OLB Tweener? If they trade him for a pick it should be at least a 2nd because he's pro bowl talent.
No, no, and no.
Old 02-28-2008, 09:57 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the Jets would be looking for picks and not talent. A high 2nd may be wishful. Simply because Vilma's health history is going to blunt the value a bit.

The only player on the Saints that I could possibly see as a match would be Charles Grant as a 3-4 end, but considering his off-field concerns right now, I don't really see that (and that'd be one heck of a get out of jail card for the Saints - clearing Grant's salary, adding a LB).

Short of it is, I expect a pick, and I think an early 3rd is probably a good return. We'll know soon enough if it's true, and if so, what.
Old 02-28-2008, 10:00 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Grant isn't feasible, the Saints signed him to a 7-year/$63M contract less than a year ago with $20M guaranteed.
Old 02-28-2008, 10:01 PM    (permalink
saintsfan912
Pro Bowler

saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't mind dealing him for Grant. Def. help us out salary wise. Then maybe signing Kearse to take his spot. I know he's not what he used to be but he can still put some pressure.

Damn, forgot about Grant's guaranteed money. That sucks. Maybe he can start playing like a 20 mil guaranteed player.

Big time Thank You to BoneKrusher!

Who Dat Nation!
saintsfan912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 10:02 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
One of many. I'm telling you the man is already a top five GM in the NFL... I said Williams was trade bait from the day he was franchised.
I've liked Ted Thompson almost from the very beginning, but I think the Packers are going to have to at least make a Superbowl to put that mantle on him. The fact that Favre is still their most important player is a bit of a tarnish on that as well considering that TT obviously had nothing to do with that.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 10:03 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

I don't actually expect Grant to be moved, but unless I'm mistaken, Grant actually has an option bonus coming up, so if they did want to move him, with his poor production, off-field concerns, and Will Smith needing a big deal soon, I was under the impression it would be now.

Although maybe I have the bonus year wrong. Could be next year.
Old 02-28-2008, 10:03 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That Grant signing was terrible at the time. That money should have been saved for Will Smith.

Old 02-28-2008, 10:08 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
That Grant signing was terrible at the time. That money should have been saved for Will Smith.
Horrible? I'd hardly call it that. DE's got paid big money, and when they signed, he'd come off a 6 sack year, which for a guy his size, isn't bad. He'd also started his career with 7, 10, 10.5, 2.5 sacks. Overall, good production, and their lack of an interior push perhaps was a motivating factor (don't remember exactly).
Old 02-28-2008, 10:09 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonsterwu View Post
Horrible? I'd hardly call it that. DE's got paid big money, and when they signed, he'd come off a 6 sack year, which for a guy his size, isn't bad. He'd also started his career with 7, 10, 10.5, 2.5 sacks. Overall, good production, and their lack of an interior push perhaps was a motivating factor (don't remember exactly).
I callled it terrible, not horrible.;)

6 sacks?? 6 SACKS!?!?!!

That should get you benched, not a 20 mil bonus.

Old 02-28-2008, 10:10 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I've liked Ted Thompson almost from the very beginning, but I think the Packers are going to have to at least make a Superbowl to put that mantle on him. The fact that Favre is still their most important player is a bit of a tarnish on that as well considering that TT obviously had nothing to do with that.
Yeah, I can see you point there but there is no denying how savy he really has become. I think time will show(as it is beginning to) that he is an elite GM.

BTW did Emmit Smith really say that?

they get smoked.