Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum

Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum Who dey gonna discuss dem Bengals?

Old 02-28-2008, 11:47 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Free Agency Thread

Well, it's started. This is more to talk about where Smith, Williams and Johnson go. FA is depressing to me.

I don't mind letting Smith go but really wish they would've re-signed Madieu with how cheap safties are and if Landon isn't retained it better be a 3-4 swap... He's not great but he doesn't screw up either.

Otherwise, should be pretty boring in here until the dinosaurs have to sign somewhere.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 12:24 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

really didn't want to see madieu go. at all.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 01:09 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

not gonna get my hopes up but maybe we could trade some picks for marcus stroud?

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 02-29-2008, 01:15 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Salary is too much, otherwise I'd be getting pumped too. Plus he's not 80 years old.

Sucks to see Madieu go but more for potential which he wasn't playing up to. White and Chinny were more than adequate out there at the end of last year so I don't think it hurts that bad.
Old 02-29-2008, 01:19 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

what is stroud's salary?

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 02-29-2008, 01:57 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Via Geo in the main board thread:

Quote:
Per rotoworld, Stroud's current deal calls for $11.5M over the next two years (5.5 this yr, 6 next) in base salary.
Bills board says he's going to visit there. As usual we'll just sit back and not spend a dime.
Old 02-29-2008, 03:06 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Shaun Rogers

Bengals aquire via trade for our 3rd and 5th it appears.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 03:13 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Shuts my mouth. This is HUGE in so many ways.

1. Gives us a MUCH needed interior pass rusher (well, pass rusher in general).
2. Gives Geathers a good DT next to him so he can use his pass rush better.
3. Allows us to address DE and LB in the first two rounds as opposed to worrying about DT.
4. I'm assuming this keeps us in the 4-3 given his success there but he'd be a beast of a NT so it leaves good options either way.

I'm not one to overreact to a deal. I thought signing Adams wasn't a big deal but this is huge to our immediate success. Our run D was good enough last year and this only makes it better.

Rivers or a DE in the first and second then we've got no gaping holes, just inexperience.
Old 02-29-2008, 03:16 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you can keep him motivated and consistant, then this is a good deal. If not, then I think the better deal goes out to Detroit. You got a few more holes in your defense to be good. I read somewhere that Marvin might go O in the first round but that was like a month ago. Good pickup for you guys, but we wont know untill the season if he will pan out.
Old 02-29-2008, 03:17 PM    (permalink
Bengals1690
Veteran

Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

OMG. im so freaking excited.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythbusta View Post
i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
who dey?
Bengals1690 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 03:44 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Shaun Rogers not caring >>>>> Thornton/Robinson in their prime combined.

Very low risk to give up the 3rd/5th. We should get a 3rd from Steinbach anyway. That DT spot other than Peko was a gaping hole.
Old 02-29-2008, 04:23 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

wow. after i just talked about how it would be a bad thing for us, im so happy about this. instantly makes our defense better and helps our secondary a ton.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 02-29-2008, 04:24 PM    (permalink
Shere Khan
Rookie

Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

excellent move by the Bengals.....now they are free to draft for the best player available and not by need.

they could very well pick up either an offensive or defensive player.

WHO DEY, ALL DEY, ERY' DEY
Shere Khan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 04:29 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Default Antwan Odom to Visit Sunday...

I'm glad the FO is making me look like a fool. Rogers is massive but Odom would be just as big.

26 years old coming off an 8 sack 7 pass deflection season...

Figured this was deserving of its own thread, signing him would just be HUGE. That gives us TWO pass rushers (Odom + Rogers 15 sacks is only 7 shy of our entire team total). I would be so freaking pumped if we manage him.

Then RIVERS in the first followed by BPA the rest of the draft, would probably be able to address OG/S/CB depth.
Old 02-29-2008, 04:33 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
Shuts my mouth. This is HUGE in so many ways.

1. Gives us a MUCH needed interior pass rusher (well, pass rusher in general).
2. Gives Geathers a good DT next to him so he can use his pass rush better.
3. Allows us to address DE and LB in the first two rounds as opposed to worrying about DT.
4. I'm assuming this keeps us in the 4-3 given his success there but he'd be a beast of a NT so it leaves good options either way.

I'm not one to overreact to a deal. I thought signing Adams wasn't a big deal but this is huge to our immediate success. Our run D was good enough last year and this only makes it better.

Rivers or a DE in the first and second then we've got no gaping holes, just inexperience.
Um..

Rogers is not a passrusher. If you get him down to 325-330lbs he could bea dominate NT, but what about Peko?

Not one of the better deals IMO.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 04:57 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
Shaun Rogers not caring >>>>> Thornton/Robinson in their prime combined.
Heh. I find this statement comical. I will behave myself though.

You dont get Shaun Rogers for stats. In 7 years he has 355 tackles and 29 sacks. That is about 50 tackles and 4 sacks per season. His job is to be a space eater that can tie up lineman, allowing the players beside and behind him to make the big plays. That said, someone had to take a chance on him and it could pay off. I like this deal for you guys.
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 05:05 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

It was exaggeration, I realize Thornton was a stud at Tennessee... They were just bums here. Honestly, you can't say a half throttle Rogers isn't better than any DT we've had outside of Peko in the past I couldn't tell you how many years.

I realize pass rushing isn't his deal... Can't be weighing that much but he got to the QB unlike anyone on our team last year. I'm most excited about being able to put someone next to Geathers so he can hopefully do more in the pass rush. In 2005 he was a bear against us in that AFCN clinching game.

Still leaves 3-4 options up, not sure if that'll be the case with Odom to visit. I agree a 3-tech would've been better but beggers can't be choosers. As I've contested, I think Peko may be better suited at 3-4 DE. Guess we'll see.
Old 02-29-2008, 05:44 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

i guess 7 sacks isn't ideal? im not a stat man but it looks to me like he can do it all when motivated/healthy.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 02-29-2008, 05:46 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

id be happy to get him but for the right price. he's a freak athlete and would be a great situational pass rusher for us.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 02-29-2008, 05:46 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

It's very reasonable to expect 4-5 out of him, which would've led our team last year. Again, I know he's no Warren Sapp in terms of pass rush but he's a boost for our team.
Old 02-29-2008, 05:49 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

i dont care if he gets a single sack. a man of his size and athletic ability almost automatically warrants a double team. combine that with the fact that he can actually pass rush, it helps a ton.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 02-29-2008, 05:57 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good deal for Cincy, you guys need defense, and he adds pressure which leads to turnovers, he's just a piece of the puzzle, id still go defense with the first pick, just to make sure the defense is not a problem again...A change of scenery is all a player needs when he has been being lazy and not trying, that shows every year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 07:27 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Odom-Peko-Rogers-Geathers

Sounds pretty damn exciting. throw in Rivers at OLB from draft and use a 2nd rounder on oline or safety depth and we will be set with a young growing defense

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 02-29-2008, 07:38 PM    (permalink
lost33cause
Rookie

lost33cause hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I would still like to get Ellis or Dorsey even if we get Odom. I think a better line with be Odom, Dorsey/Ellis, Rogers, and Geathers. I think Peko will always only be good enough as a backup. If we get Odom it would be tough to switch to a 3-4. I would also like to draft one of ther big DT's in the 4th or so as a backup to Rogers and as are future NT/DT.
lost33cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 07:47 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Ellis and Dorsey will most likely not be there. so bpa would be a likely scenario.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack