Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum

Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum Who dey gonna discuss dem Bengals?

Old 03-04-2008, 12:19 PM    (permalink
Why the Bengals
Rookie

Why the Bengals hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default JinX

Someone up there does not like us
Why the Bengals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 08:51 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ugh... Glad we got Odom but I would've rather had Robertson.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 06:42 PM    (permalink
lost33cause
Rookie

lost33cause hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I like Ohkam b/c hes a big young space eater =\. We are going against a lo of running teams this year so if we can't stop the run we r ******.
lost33cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 09:04 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

okam def has the size and physical abilities you look for but id much rather(if we were even going to try and get one) see a young space eater ala Red Bryant.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 10:03 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Marvin basically said the deal isn't dead... Guess we'll see but I doubt anything happens.
Old 03-07-2008, 07:42 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Landon Johnson

Hey guys,

Just looking for the inside scoop on this kid. From what I've seen statistically he's a baller and makes plays but I've only seen a handful of Bengals games since 04 and therefore I can't really make a good judge on this addition.

IMO he on the weakside inside Beason could be a lethal combo. Your thoughts?

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 10:17 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Like I said in the Panthers thread... He's an average but steady LB. He doesn't miss a lot of tackles but he doesn't take them down at the point of contact, too many times they take him another 2-3 yards. He's adequate in coverage but won't make any big plays.

He's someone you want as a first backup at LB but I don't think it would be a great idea for a team to take him and lock him in as the starter. I really wished we would've kept him, you need guys like him on your team.
Old 03-08-2008, 07:24 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

pretty on point with those statements. he's a solid player who is good to have on your team. you get what you pay for pretty much...

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 03-08-2008, 09:30 PM    (permalink
rickscott
Veteran

rickscott hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I liked him too but he seemed to get pushed around alot although he was always there to make a tackle. Smart, professional guy that will give a solid effort every time out.
rickscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 05:56 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

Default Another Signing

According to Bengals.com, We have signed former Cardinals LB Darryl Blackstock.

http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=6681

yay.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 03-10-2008, 07:01 PM    (permalink
rickscott
Veteran

rickscott hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

He's a pretty good edge rusher with 3 sacks in limited play last year. I think he can help us and he's young.
rickscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 07:32 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

No doubt they're addressing the pass rush (or lack thereof), along with our lack of LB depth.

Things should be interesting, just saw that Jeanty is the LB with the most games as a Bengal (a whole 22, yikes).

Give us Ellis in the first, Pollack back at DE then our 2nd/probable 2 3rd rounders can be spent on LB/RB/OL. Hope Utecht gets signed so TE isn't a concern.
Old 03-11-2008, 02:29 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looking like a 3-4 Is possible.

Odom could play 1-gap 3-4 WDE.

Peko could be your NT.

Need a SDE. Geathers ~ Brooks ~ Thurman ~ Pollack/Blackstock.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 03:08 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

could odom play SOLB in a 3-4? if not it could be him at WDE, Peko at NT, Fanene/Rucker at SDE, Geathers/Pollack/Henderson/Blackstock outside, and Thurman/Brooks/Jeanty/Jones inside. Jeanty could also go outside if need be. Im starting to like the way this defense looks in both schemes in the front 7 if all plays out well for us injury wise. Our secondary should be pretty nice as well though I'd like to see another safety added and maybe a CB. For some reason I don't see Ndukwe being a starter, I really like him in the role he played for much of this season. Marvin White could do real well back there with the addition of a draft pick ala kenny phillips(hopefully round 2?) or even ethan kilmer back there.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 03-11-2008, 08:34 AM    (permalink
Why the Bengals
Rookie

Why the Bengals hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default keep it going

It's good to see investing in the front seven. I pray they do not think this is all that needs to be done. I hear rumors of the Bengals selecting a O-tackle at the 9th spot. We better get another front seven d player in the first two rounds and than worry about best available after that.
Why the Bengals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 09:11 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

OT is the last thing i see us getting in the first. i could see a RB maybe but other than that it should be a defender depending on whos there. i really would like to see us trade down if ellis/dorsey/rivers arent there.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 03-11-2008, 12:47 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
Looking like a 3-4 Is possible.

Odom could play 1-gap 3-4 WDE.

Peko could be your NT.

Need a SDE. Geathers ~ Brooks ~ Thurman ~ Pollack/Blackstock.
Interesting, I didn't realize Odom was 3-4 DE capable, I guess he could add a few pounds. Guess we'll see. I honestly think (health provided) that Ahmad/Odell will start the year off.
Old 03-11-2008, 10:55 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Scouts inc info on him...

Quote:
Comment: Blackstock is aggressive and explosive. He has an excellent first step and initial burst. He displays good overall quickness and play speed. He can blow up ball carriers. He can be devastating when moving forward and attacking downhill. But Blackstock isn't very agile, mature or prepared for a 4-3 scheme. He needs to become a better worker, especially because he has so many adjustments to make from his playing style as a college 3-4 linebacker. He is accustomed to being an upfield player. He looks a little stiff when playing in reverse. He must improve his instincts, particularly in coverage. He can be a step late to react and loses leverage on ball carriers.
I'm as confused as ever about what we're going to do defensively. Maybe see more 3-4 packages in passing situations?
Old 03-11-2008, 11:17 PM    (permalink
AkiliSmith
Veteran

AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There's NO WAY a full switch to a 3-4 is going to happen. Odom is a 4-3 end. We'll see the 3-4 look maybe 10 total times a game.
AkiliSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 12:41 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

the way i see it is that we have enough versatility to move between sets quite flawlessly. that said, 4-3 will be our main look for awhile until they can begin to add new things down the road.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 03-12-2008, 01:51 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

From what it sounds we are gonna be running a ravens type D with a mix of both 4-3 3-4. Maybe the 4-6 Bear? lol

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 02:01 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

We're the new Ravens D, I mean, with a mix and their LB coach it's a reasonable conclusion.

Top 5 D and Top 5 O next year, book it.

I'm laying on the sarcasm thick today.
Old 03-12-2008, 04:34 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

top 15 D next year for sure.

and thats serious.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 03-12-2008, 06:00 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

I sure hope so, that would be HUGE.

Mostly depends on Odell playing (well), Ahmad being healthy... Generally just having half decent health.
Old 03-12-2008, 06:19 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

i just want them to be MEAN. and healthy, but definitely MEAN.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165