Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum

Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum Who dey gonna discuss dem Bengals?

Old 03-12-2008, 08:03 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Having the personnel to switch between 3-4 and 4-3 is 10x more powerful than sticking with a base and running it through the majority of the game. Versatility is what throws QB's off, especially inexperienced ones.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 05:53 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the defense needs to be mean and a nasty attitude. Those two things alone can make a defense 10x better

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 08:43 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Agreed completely, so much of our problems are mental. They'll go great, give up one big play then implode.

If they would play aggressive and try to beat up on other teams they'd automatically be better. I think part of the reason D's with crappy offenses play better is because they know they have to make a stop or else the game's over while our D generally can screw up and potentially get bailed out.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 08:51 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Utecht

According to Bengals.com the team has reached a deal with Colt's TE Ben Utecht. We'll have to wait a week or so to see if the Colts try to match. This would be a very nice addition!

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 08:58 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wooohooo I sure hope so.

Takes away having to draft one and he's what we need...
Old 03-14-2008, 09:29 PM    (permalink
lost33cause
Rookie

lost33cause hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Gives us a proven pass catching TE and saves us a draft pick.
lost33cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 12:34 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

him and chris henry could be quite formidable in the red zone.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 03-15-2008, 11:27 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Lets see, making the insane assumption that a deal works for us and we don't need a TE...

1st - Ellis or Rivers, please just make it easy and be Ellis... He's exactly what we need.
2nd - WLB/RB/OL
3rd - same as 2nd with CB/S added... Need depth.
3rd comp. - same as 2nd
and on and on...

Signing the TE/DE's in FA has really opened things up for us in the draft. They're by no means blockbuster signings but it buys us time, that to me is the real beauty of free agency. If you have a spot of immediate need, fill it, then draft/groom the guy to replace them.
Old 03-16-2008, 12:17 PM    (permalink
rickscott
Veteran

rickscott hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Let's give up a pick since we're loaded with supple picks this year and move up to insure we get Ellis in Rd 1. We will need a quality return man in the way of a RB or WR likely and a CB but I think we must draft 2 DTs and both must be pretty good picks that will play significant minutes this season.
rickscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 12:24 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

I'd actually like to see a trade up in the 2nd round. Give up a 3rd to try and grab Kenny Phillips or Dan Connor. Although I doubt the move for Phillips and I understand, we don't really need another good young saftey but I really like Phillips so I'd like to see it happen.
Old 03-16-2008, 05:49 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

i think we must get ellis. i doubt he falls so a trade up would actually be a good thing in this case.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 03-18-2008, 09:40 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
1st - Ellis or Rivers, please just make it easy and be Ellis... He's exactly what we need.
2nd - WLB/RB/OL
3rd - same as 2nd with CB/S added... Need depth.
3rd comp. - same as 2nd
and on and on...
I hope we don't draft a RB in the first 5. We have Chris Perry (Bengals.com says he will be there for the month of may training), Kenny Irons, Dede Dorsey, Rudi, Kenny Watson.

To evaluate them all in my opinion:

Chris Perry - Pretty injury prone, but he's shown signs that he can in fact run the ball for us.

Kenny Iron - has yet to prove anything for us. However, he hasn't disproven anything to us yet either.

Dede Dorsey - Showed big flashes last year of being a play maker. He's kind of small (5'10, 196 lbs - which is about 20 lbs less than rudi) but I'll take any play maker at least for depth, maybe even a third down back.

Kenny Watson - He proved he can be a work horse. I don't think he's a great running back, but he'll prove to be extremely helpful to at least add depth.

Rudi Johnson - ok, if you watched last year and only last year you're probably thinking "Why would any team give this man the ball again". But if you've been watching the bengals since 2003 then you know Rudi is the kind of guy you can cram up the middle 20-25 times a game and get a 4 yard carry average.

Does Rudi have any gas left in the tank? I'd like to think so. He's done a lot for this franchise and I think Marvin likes him. Why waste another 2nd round pick on a RB when we got a couple guys we at least need to test first.

Now, I don't want the 08' season to have the same running game as the 07' season either, so yes there needs to be some changes. But I don't think a new running back pick in the first 1-5 rounds are going to change it.

So with that being said, I'd like the line up to look like this:

Rudi Johnson - starter
Dede Dorsey - 3rd down back / 2nd string
Chris Perry - 3rd String
Kenny Watson - 4th String
Kenny Irons - 5th string until proven he can compete at a high level (hopefully in the pre-season)

Though, knowing Marvin and how much he loves the running game, I can't see us not getting a running back in the first 5 rounds. I just hope whoever it is doesn't get injured before he can prove that he's an NFL back.

Also to add back to the original topic - I'm glad we picked up Utecht, he's a solid TE that can hopefully give Palmer another option. TJ & Chad, chris Henry, Utecht and then whoever we have out of the backfield next year should hopefully prove to be that potent Bengals offense we're used to seeing around here.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 11:53 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkiliSmith View Post
There's NO WAY a full switch to a 3-4 is going to happen. Odom is a 4-3 end. We'll see the 3-4 look maybe 10 total times a game.
I don't see Why Odom can't add about 10 lbs this offseason and play the 3-4 WDE Role. He's a decent passrusher and having him outside will make things easier because LT's will have to account for him.

I doubt you move to a fulltime 3-4, but there is NO WAY that it's impossible for Odom to play RDE in a 3-4.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 11:26 AM    (permalink
rickscott
Veteran

rickscott hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The guy has finally come into his own after 4 yrs and now you want to change his entire game and have him add weight? He's never been a real good run stopper anyway. His strength is rushing the passer. Let's take advantage of what the guys does best and count on our improved DT play and LB play to take care of the rest
rickscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 11:36 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

ya its not like he has to be on the field if we are going to have a 34 look some of the time.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 03-22-2008, 07:52 PM    (permalink
MooshooGawd
Rookie

MooshooGawd hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think that this defense will be one of those defenses surprises. They've not done an overhaul.

We have basically the same D-Line...
We have a some question marks at LB...
We have two young guys at safety....

Based off the way this defense has been under Lewis, and with those point, everyone expects it to be bad...horrible even. But every year there is a defense that people expect to be bad, that manages to get it done.

I don't think they'll be anything flashy. I don't think they'll be good enough to deserve a nickname. But I think this defense will be really good, for some reason. Hell, after 5 years, you're bound to have a good defense by accident, right?
MooshooGawd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 11:58 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

if they are solid we have a great chance at the playoffs. if they are really good we have a chance at the superbowl.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 03-24-2008, 01:43 PM    (permalink
XOrange&BlackX

Dont forget we have Mike Zimmer who made the Cowboys into a great defense
Old 03-26-2008, 04:16 PM    (permalink
Shere Khan
Rookie

Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Plus Fitzgerald. He knows a thing or two about Linebackers.

WHO DEY, ALL DEY, ERY' DEY
Shere Khan is offline   Reply With Quote