Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-29-2008, 01:34 PM    (permalink
Favre4
Veteran

Favre4 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default WORST/BEST move of the day

im going to have to say the WORST either goes to the packers or the jets. i dont know when it became okay to trade starting NFL defensive tackles and middle linebackers for 2-4th round draft picks. As a packer fan, im ready for another disappointing off-season. i dont know how the pack managed 13-3 last year. i think this team is full of a bunch of overachievers, and i doubt they will see the same success next year. as least the jets saved face and traded for kris jenkins.

The BEST move of the day is still yet to be made a believe. in about 3 weeks unfortunately i think dallas will have come out the best. resign flozell, possibly sign javon walker(who said he wouldnt mind being back in green bay) or randy moss. franchise hamlin, and has 2 first round draft picks. not to mention they already signed zach thomas who could easily return to pro bowl form next year.

another team that is making noise is the browns. resigning anderson and making a play for corey williams was a great move. sounds like they are keeping jamal. phil savage is realy doing a good job in cleveland

what do you guys think thus far?
Old 02-29-2008, 01:36 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

we gave williams away for a second i thought????
roidrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think you're nuts! Corey Williams is a very nice player but the Packers have depth at the position and saved themselves some money in the process. They add a 2nd round pick and although this draft isn't top heavy it is deep and they'll get a quality player back.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Jets gave away Vilma (talented but didn't fit the system and injury problem) and a Day 2 pick for Jenkins (talented but injured a lot). Doesn't seem like a loss, but more of a change of location for 2 premier players.
Old 02-29-2008, 01:37 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

jonathan vilma was average at best in a 34 and coming off of an injury. when are people gonna understand the Jets didn't have any leverage to ask for something better. He would have left next year and they would have gotten nothing for him.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 01:46 PM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Worst move. Maybe Tommy Kelly?

Signature made by me

Sveen's 2014 NFL Draft Spreadsheet
Sveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 01:47 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually think the Bills had the best value move with Mitchell. Not a great player but with the type of money being given out, his contract of 5 years 18 million with 5 guaranteed is very reasonable. Kind of upset the Giants didn't resign him for that. Although I heard we were only looking at 3 years for him.
Old 02-29-2008, 01:50 PM    (permalink
Favre4
Veteran

i dont know why people think the packers are so deep on the defensive line. anyone remember the NFC championship game when the d-line was gassed and the packers couldnt stop the run? I DO! I was at the game! dont kid yourself, there is a massive difference between ryan picket/corey williams and justin harrel/michael montgomery. im not too happy with the idea of possibly getting a player who doesnt contribute for 2-3 years when we had a starter who contributed right now. so not only do we have a need at DT, at least for a guy further down on the depth chart but we have a question mark at our number 2 DT spot, and we are left wondering what is going to be left for defensive backs in the 2nd round which would be what i imagine the packers use that pick on.
Old 02-29-2008, 01:51 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BEST: LB Jonathan Vilma in exchange for a conditional fourth-round pick. That's crazy good for the Saints and crazy bad for the Jets.

WORST: Jerry Porter six-year, $30 million contract, with $10 million guaranteed.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 01:52 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Favre4 View Post
i dont know why people think the packers are so deep on the defensive line. anyone remember the NFC championship game when the d-line was gassed and the packers couldnt stop the run? I DO! I was at the game! dont kid yourself, there is a massive difference between ryan picket/corey williams and justin harrel/michael montgomery. im not too happy with the idea of possibly getting a player who doesnt contribute for 2-3 years when we had a starter who contributed right now. so not only do we have a need at DT, at least for a guy further down on the depth chart but we have a question mark at our number 2 DT spot, and we are left wondering what is going to be left for defensive backs in the 2nd round which would be what i imagine the packers use that pick on.
The Packers are getting Cole and Jolly back from injuries and when Jolly was healthy last year he was no less of a player than Corey Williams. If anything needs to be addressed on the Packers DL it's DE.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 01:54 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
BEST: LB Jonathan Vilma in exchange for a conditional fourth-round pick. That's crazy good for the Saints and crazy bad for the Jets.

WORST: Jerry Porter six-year, $30 million contract, with $10 million guaranteed.
I think the Jets are doing great so far.

Conditional (I think it will be a 3rd)

3rd and 5th for the Future Anchor of the D
Old 02-29-2008, 01:57 PM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
The Packers are getting Cole and Jolly back from injuries and when Jolly was healthy last year he was no less of a player than Corey Williams. If anything needs to be addressed on the Packers DL it's DE.
Wouldn't this help to get Justin Harrell onto the field more? It is not like they want to pay him to sit.

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 02:00 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Letting Berrian go without a tagg -.-

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sveen View Post
Worst move. Maybe Tommy Kelly?
I have to agree with this. He got a 7 year deal for 50 million. Wow!

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Best move was stealing Jonathan Vilma where he will be one of the 5 best linebackers in the game for the Saints. Worst move was giving Tommy Kelly more money than he deserves even if he actually playe in 2007 instead of being on the IR all year. As far as the CLE/GB trade, I thought it worked out great for both sides, I guess a good move for Cleveland, a good move for Green Bay, but not the best move of the day from the league perspective.
Old 02-29-2008, 02:17 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post

please explain how giving Porter a 10 million dollar guarantee is the worst move??

did you see anyof the Raiders moves>?
JagHombre22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 02:19 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagHombre22 View Post
please explain how giving Porter a 10 million dollar guarantee is the worst move??

did you see anyof the Raiders moves>?
The title of the thread is worst/best move of the day. I'm sure there will probably be a worst move by the end of the day, but so far, the Porter signing is not a good deal imo.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Worst Move: Tommy Kelly for $50 million

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Really? Because I saw a game where the Packers clearly didn't show up because for some odd reason, a team from Green Bay was terrible in the cold. Who cares what the difference between Pickett and any other DT is? RP will still be our NT next year, but Jolly/Harrell will get more time now. We franchised Williams with the idea of trading him. We needed to get Harrell on the field, because you don't pay someone first round money to be a benchwarmer. This also opens up the Packers draft a lot. We needed a CB and a S for sure, and now both spots can be drafted without having to give up the opportunity to draft a potential starter at another position in the 2nd.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah the worst move is clearly the Raiders deal. I mean...Tommy Kelly? My god.

I like what the Saints did with Vilma, and resigning Brian Young was a good move as well.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 02:21 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Worst Move: The Falcons not doing anything.
Best Move: Parcells aggressively rebuilding the Dolphins.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 02:23 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Worst move: Jets trading away Jonathan Vilma

Best move: Saints trading for Jonathan Vilma

I want to say that the worst move was the Jets trading away Vilma and the best was them trading for Jenkins, but that is too homeristic
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 02:26 PM    (permalink
Favre4
Veteran

jolly and cole were both injured last year.....so to say they are going to step in and be as good as corey is a long shot. corey was a beast least year and think youre going to be able to tell he is gone next year.
Old 02-29-2008, 02:27 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Worst Move: Tommy Kelly/Raiders
Best Move: Jonathan Vilma/Saints

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 02:27 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
jolly and cole were both injured last year.....so to say they are going to step in and be as good as corey is a long shot. corey was a beast least year and think youre going to be able to tell he is gone next year.
What about Justin Harrell?
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote