Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-29-2008, 05:09 PM    (permalink
Favre4
Veteran

Favre4 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

what exactly sounds ridiculous? if facts are ridiculous than yep im crazy.
Old 02-29-2008, 05:10 PM    (permalink
Cunningham
Rookie

Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Favre4 View Post
yeah jennings and jones did have a real good first 6-8 games of their rookie seasons, then they both fell off the map. with any rookie player they are not used to the full 16 game schedule plus the playoffs for a successful team. very few rookies make an impact for an entire season, and few contribute consistently in their first two years. like i said before not all draft picks work out, so if youre not going to retain your own players, youre going to have to go out and get a few in free agency.....so far i see two players gone(bubba and corey) and zero coming in. yes we will have 8 draft picks, but what are the chances that we have one starter(corey) and one on the verge of starting nearly every game(bubba). i just think the packers are at a point, where they are on the cusp of something special...most teams in this situation would try to add one or two veterans in an attempt to get over that hump, but instead we let one of our promising young players go...are the packers going to turn into a farm system? are we going to groom young players til they turn 27-28 and they let other teams sign them? that not how you win championships.
don't worry about it, old sport
Old 02-29-2008, 05:15 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
It's expected he will by tonight. Those numbers are just a guess.
Sure about that one chief?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 05:46 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

I think saying the randy staks signing is a good one is straight up ridiculous. I wouldnt give 2 million guaranteed, let alone 7 million guaranteed to a guy who hasnt done diddly poo his whole career. Not only has he been unmotivated and lazy his whole career, he gets purely dominated playing next to all-pros in haynesworth and vanden bosch. Its not like he was the focus of other teams, he wasnt double teamed, he just sucks. And if he cant get motivated under Washburn I doubt he'll get motivated under anyone else.
Cashmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 05:51 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashmoneydrew View Post
I think saying the randy staks signing is a good one is straight up ridiculous. I wouldnt give 2 million guaranteed, let alone 7 million guaranteed to a guy who hasnt done diddly poo his whole career. Not only has he been unmotivated and lazy his whole career, he gets purely dominated playing next to all-pros in haynesworth and vanden bosch. Its not like he was the focus of other teams, he wasnt double teamed, he just sucks. And if he cant get motivated under Washburn I doubt he'll get motivated under anyone else.
Bro...outside of you, everything thinks it's a decent signing and worth a shot. Just cause you don't like the guy doesn't mean he doesn't have potential to work out well for the reasonable contract he got.

the guy had a pretty good year in 2005 playing in a part time role at a very young age. He isn't even in his prime yet.
Old 02-29-2008, 05:52 PM    (permalink
Yatta!
Veteran

Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think that Faneca is the best signing of the day, he could totally revamp their rushing game.

On the other hand, the Eagles are giving $20million guaranteed and $32 million in the first three years to a corner when they already have to solid starters.

Last edited by Yatta! : 02-29-2008 at 07:35 PM.
Yatta! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 05:54 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjr09 View Post
Bro...outside of you, everything thinks it's a decent signing and worth a shot. Just cause you don't like the guy doesn't mean he doesn't have potential to work out well for the reasonable contract he got.

the guy had a pretty good year in 2005 playing in a part time role at a very young age. He isn't even in his prime yet.
Outside of me? Go ask any titans fan. We've been watching him play his whole career. It's not that I dont like him personally. Its that anyone whos actually watched him instead of just looking at statsknow the truth. DT is a pretty big need on the Titans and we still let him walk.
Old 02-29-2008, 05:55 PM    (permalink
Canadian_kid16
All-Pro

Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjr09 View Post

5 worst moves:
-Signing Jeff Faine and paying him as the best center in the league. He is getting 6 years, 37.5 million with 15 million in guarantees.
We had like 35 mill in cap room or something like that, we could afford to overpay, and we needed a center.

Proud fan of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Somewhat proud fan of the Toronto Blue Jays
Yes, a fan of the Toronto Maple Leafs as well
A fan of the USF Bulls
Canadian_kid16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 06:50 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Samuel will now have to face Plax twice a year so I don't understand how the Eagles think that's a good matchup.

He's also going to have to face Owens, another big strong physical guy again a terrible matchup.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 07:46 PM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler

Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
jenkins starts at end. and like i said before jolly and cole were hurt last year so who knows what youre going to get this year.....players dont always perform like they did before injuries. i still think williams was worth a big more than a 2nd rounder.....and im wanting to know if the packers took a look at possibly getting a player instead of a pick out of a trade. im not going to be dumb and say deangelo hall, but we could have definitely gotten a starting caliber player in exchange from someone.
Wow just wow

I could quote every single post of yours in this thread and prove you wrong. Quite frankly I don't have the time nor do I really care that much, but I have to say something.

First off, trading Williams was a good move. Their is plenty of depth in the DT rotation. You are taking those injuries way too seriously. They will come back and be fine. Injuries happen, and players come back. Jolly and Cole will be just fine. I'm sure TT will add another DT in the draft as well.

Quote:
and for the record, i have always been supporting of both mccarthy and ted thompson being hired to their respective positions with the packers. i just find it hard for the packers to duplicate success when they stand pat, or trade good players away. not every draft pick is going to work out. i know ted thompson put alot of seattles talent together, but have they ever won a super bowl from it? the answer there is NO!
Are you sure you support them? Because you're sounding pretty negative throughout this thread. There is a damn good reason why Thompson is the GM and you're not. And yes, Thompson did put most of that Seattle team together and they have not won a SB. But how many times have they made the playoffs in the past few years? How often are they having losing seasons? They at least made it to the SB a few years ago. That's something that most teams can't say. You can't buy a Super Bowl. Thompson is doing it the right way.

What did you warrant Williams was worth? A first rounder? Yeah that isn't happening, EVER. Thompson isn't going to trade a young player for a veteran starter either. He always goes for draft picks. Williams wasn't even the starting DT at the beginning of the year, it was Jolly. We traded Mike McKenzie who was a Pro-Bowl CB for a second and a scrub QB. As much as I like Williams, he's not on the caliber of player that McKenzie was in GB. We got the best of this deal. Williams will be a solid starter, but so will Harrell.

You are just looking at names instead of the whole picture. Vilma didn't fit the Jets scheme anymore, making him expendable. Our depth made Williams expendable.

Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 09:00 PM    (permalink
DragonFireKai
Veteran

DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
Samuel will now have to face Plax twice a year so I don't understand how the Eagles think that's a good matchup.

He's also going to have to face Owens, another big strong physical guy again a terrible matchup.
Considering Burress averaged 56 yards in the two games against the Pats, then Samuel's a better matchup than Sheppard or Brown right now.

And as for Owens, Lito has him on lockdown when he's healthy.

Stand Tall and Shake the Heavens!
The Destroyer Is Manifest!
I reserve the rights to retract any posts made betwen midnight and 5 AM PST due to being really, really drunk
DragonFireKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 09:02 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

wrong thread
Old 02-29-2008, 09:07 PM    (permalink
bret hart

best move of the day was the giants not releasing reuben drougns
Old 02-29-2008, 09:15 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The facts are:

Corey Williams was traded for a 2nd rounder.
Greg Jennings, a 2nd rounder has 1500+ yards and 15 TDs in two years.
James Jones, a 3rd rounder had 600+ yards this year.

Everything else is opinion. Thanks for playing.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 09:41 PM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I bet you were really excited when we gave Cletidus Hunt that big contract...

Williams is a good player, but he is not leaps and bounds ahead of the rest of the DT's on our roster. I agree with what most of the people have said, that being I'm glad we traded him for a 2nd rather than paying him a lot of money to be a rotational player.
Old 02-29-2008, 10:32 PM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Favre4 is stating that Corey Williams was worth more than a 2nd round pick... does he honestly think he was worth a 1st round pick?!

not a chance; a 2nd round pick is great value for him.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.
VoteLynnSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 10:35 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoteLynnSwan View Post
Favre4 is stating that Corey Williams was worth more than a 2nd round pick... does he honestly think he was worth a 1st round pick?!

I think he's implying he wanted Williams to be retained or extended.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 10:36 PM    (permalink
Thunder&Lightning
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebow305 View Post
Worst Move: Tommy Kelly/Raiders
Best Move: Jonathan Vilma/Saints
Would have to agree with this wise man. Tommy Kelly is not worth being the highest paid DT in the league. Vilma is an absolute steal the Jets got ripped off and the Saints made jackpot. As long as Vilma can be health the Saints struck gold.

Thunder&Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 07:24 PM    (permalink
FizzyFalcons
Rookie

FizzyFalcons hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Worst: Jets trading for Kris Jenkins' oft injured ass
Best: Jags getting 2 Picks for Marcus Strouds' oft injured ass
FizzyFalcons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 07:43 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder&Lightning View Post
Would have to agree with this wise man. Tommy Kelly is not worth being the highest paid DT in the league. Vilma is an absolute steal the Jets got ripped off and the Saints made jackpot. As long as Vilma can be health the Saints struck gold.
If he comes back healthy and contributes every game, I am pretty sure they Jets would get a 2nd round pick unless I am mistaken. A lot better then getting nothing for him next year.
Old 03-01-2008, 07:52 PM    (permalink
DawgBone
Rookie

DawgBone smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoteLynnSwan View Post

Low 2nd round pick. Considering he was tendered at 2 RD1 picks I think Cleveland did a good job.

IMO I think Faneca is losing a step and had a bad year considering it was a contract year. But I still think he might have been the best or one of the best signings this year. I know from last year how much Steinbach made Joe Thomas job easier. Faneca will do the same for Furguson.
DawgBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 09:31 PM    (permalink
corbi328
Rookie

corbi328 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Best move is the Bears resigning All Pro Lance Briggs at a very reasonable rate of $36 million for 6 six years with only $12 million gauranteed. Now the Bears have enough money to lock up Tommie Harris, Devin Hester and Robbie Gould while at the same time picking up some relative bargains like WR Bryant Johnson, and OG Maurice Williams in the second wave of FA. Angelo pulled off a masterpiece with this move.
corbi328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 09:35 PM    (permalink
Bluedevil$
Rookie

Bluedevil$ hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawgBone View Post
Low 2nd round pick. Considering he was tendered at 2 RD1 picks I think Cleveland did a good job.

IMO I think Faneca is losing a step and had a bad year considering it was a contract year. But I still think he might have been the best or one of the best signings this year. I know from last year how much Steinbach made Joe Thomas job easier. Faneca will do the same for Furguson.
Faneca didn't look as good because the Steelers line suffered alot of injuries. O-lines play as a unit and if one guy goes down, everyone else suffers as well.

The Faneca signing was just what the Jets needed... he'll elevate the play of everyone around him.

I don't understand anyone who says that Jenkins is oft-injured when he's been healthy the past two years. And so what if he was complaining... he was doing so because he cares about winning and was tired of seeing the team play crappy.

I hate to see the Jets give up that high 3rd but it's worth it when you can get a guy that should be able to play NT at a high level

Last edited by Bluedevil$ : 03-01-2008 at 09:46 PM.
Bluedevil$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 09:45 PM    (permalink
Vince Lombardi
Pro Bowler

Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

@Favre4

Corey Williams has been inconsistent his whole career until recently. Also, until his injury, Jolly was arguably playing at the highest level of all the DT's on the team. With Pickett already entrenched, Cole and Jolly returning from injuries, Harrell waiting in the wings, and even Jenkins pitching in at times, Williams became expendable. And after Tommy Kelly got his ridiculous deal I bet TT couldn't pull the trigger fast enough knowing that Williams would warrant a similar amount of money. Considering we got more for Williams than the Jags and Lions got for Stroud and Rogers, I think we did pretty well.

As far as Harrell, first of all he was a rookie, and most importantly he was never 100% recovered from his injury in college. After a year of recovery and NFL level strength training he should be ready to have more of an impact this year. Anybody who saw him play at Tennessee should know how good this kid can be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.
Vince Lombardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 12:54 AM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluedevil$ View Post
Faneca didn't look as good because the Steelers line suffered alot of injuries. O-lines play as a unit and if one guy goes down, everyone else suffers as well.

The Faneca signing was just what the Jets needed... he'll elevate the play of everyone around him.

I don't understand anyone who says that Jenkins is oft-injured when he's been healthy the past two years. And so what if he was complaining... he was doing so because he cares about winning and was tired of seeing the team play crappy.

I hate to see the Jets give up that high 3rd but it's worth it when you can get a guy that should be able to play NT at a high level

yeah keep trying to support that faneca move

im a steelers man and i can tell you that faneca wasnt the same last year or this year...

he is def not the same player he was when he was 27

hes not worth that $, he is an upgrade for you all but he gets whipped pretty often...

theres a reason we let porter go, and theres a reason we let faneca go..

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig
mikehop05 is offline   Reply With Quote