Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-29-2008, 02:47 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Parcells reels in Wilford, Torbor and Starks.

http://www.miamiherald.com/616/story/439099.html

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/f...,2693150.story

They're also close to locking up Charlie Anderson and are in negotiations with Calvin Pace.

This after getting Jason Ferguson today and Justin Smiley yesterday. I knew Parcells wanted Smiley in the draft badly. He always seems to get the guys he wants...
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 02:48 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I already moved one of these to the Dolphins thread. I don't understand why Justin Smiley and Ernest Wilford deserve their own threads.

Schwatever though, if there's that much interest.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 02:50 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

Wilford is a good receiver, good number 2 guy....he probably got more than he's worth though
JagHombre22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 02:51 PM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Randy Starks hasn't signed yet I believe.

Signature made by me

Sveen's 2014 NFL Draft Spreadsheet
Sveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 03:00 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sveen View Post
Randy Starks hasn't signed yet I believe.
yea he has. 5 years, 21 million and 7 million guaranteed. Not too bad for a 24 year old guy with some high upside.

BTW.

Here is the list of Dolphins signees:

Reggie Torber
Jason Ferguson
Randy Starks
Earnest Wilford
Justin Smiley
Sean Ryan

and we are expected to sign Calvin Pace and Luke McCown none really grossly overpaid either (with the exception of maybe Pace if his deal that was reported is true).

btw... bearsfan, the appeal isn't that the Dolphins signed just Wlford or just Smiley but that the huge group of young talent as a whole is impressive and much needed for the Dolphins which is what is making people talk.
Old 02-29-2008, 03:02 PM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Got a link? I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Signature made by me

Old 02-29-2008, 03:03 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Where is Starks going to play? NT or DE?
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 03:03 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I already moved one of these to the Dolphins thread. I don't understand why Justin Smiley and Ernest Wilford deserve their own threads.

Schwatever though, if there's that much interest.
FA is an exciting time of the year for every NFL fan. I know we have a FA tracker thread, but nobody is actively updating the front page to track all signings. Neither is that thread totally up to date.

Since this is purely a judgement call on your part on who is and who isn't interesting to the rest of the NFL fan population, shall we implement an official Bearsfan_51 approval process to get your ok for posting news on new FA signings?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 03:05 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Where is Starks going to play? NT or DE?
Haven't mention it yet. Considering he's 315 pounds they could try him at both and see where he fits. My best guess is that he joins the DE rotation.
Old 02-29-2008, 03:07 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You think Torbor would start for the dolphins?

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 03:07 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
FA is an exciting time of the year for every NFL fan. I know we have a FA tracker thread, but nobody is actively updating the front page to track all signings. Neither is that thread totally up to date.

Since this is purely a judgement call on your part on who is and who isn't interesting to the rest of the NFL fan population, shall we implement an official Bearsfan_51 approval process to get your ok for posting news on new FA signings?
Let's not fight...considering the Dolphins made many acquisitions I think this is thread worthy but if a Packers fan would make a thread about the signing of Joe Toldedo then thats a problem

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 03:08 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sveen View Post
Got a link? I can't seem to find it anywhere.
http://www.nfl.com/freeagency/story?...o&confirm=true

I'm guessing you wanted him on the Saints?

He, Smiley and Eugene Wilson and Jacque Reeves where the 4 main guys I wanted in FA.

They got Smiley and Starks. I know Reeves is visiting the entire planet and will be overpaid so I'm over him but has anyone heard anything about Wilson.
Old 02-29-2008, 03:08 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post

Everything we do is subjective, you know that. It goes both ways, as I need nobody's permission to move/close/deleate/etc.

If that many people care, so be it, but I find "Dolphins sign lots of uninteresting people" about as relevant as the "Bengals sign nobody" thread.

Like I said, schwatever. Admin away.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 03:10 PM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjr09 View Post
[url]I'm guessing you wanted him on the Saints?
I'd take him :) And thanks for the link :)

Signature made by me

Old 02-29-2008, 03:10 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
You think Torbor would start for the dolphins?
I think he mite be moved inside. Considering we have JT, Joey and are talking with Pace. I assume they signed Torber knowing he wasn't gonna get time Outside. So yea we need a guy next to Channing Crowder inside. I could see Torber getting some time in a rotation at ILB next to Crowder if a top guy doesn't fall to us in the draft.
Old 02-29-2008, 03:12 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think he mite be moved inside. Considering we have JT, Joey and are talking with Pace. I assume they signed Torber knowing he wasn't gonna get time Outside. So yea we need a guy next to Channing Crowder inside. I could see Torber getting some time in a rotation at ILB next to Crowder if a top guy doesn't fall to us in the draft.
Torbor would definitely be an OLB in Miami. He is horrible in coverage was played DE in college. I think everything points to him being a 3-4 OLB.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 03:13 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Everything we do is subjective, you know that. It goes both ways, as I need nobody's permission to move/close/deleate/etc.

If that many people care, so be it, but I find "Dolphins sign lots of uninteresting people" about as relevant as the "Bengals sign nobody" thread.

Like I said, schwatever. Admin away.

Like you said, it's subjective. You might find the signing to be uninteresting but many people think Wilford, Smiley, Pace and Starks would be great additions to their teams and those are guys they wanna talk about.
Old 02-29-2008, 03:14 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yep called it yesterday, good move for a young qb like Beck, he contrast Ginn perfectly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 03:15 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
Torbor would definitely be an OLB in Miami. He is horrible in coverage was played DE in college. I think everything points to him being a 3-4 OLB.
Just cause he was a DE in college doesn't mean he will move to OLB. The Dolphins need a run thumper inside since Zach is gone and Torbor can do that in a rotation. There's been plenty of college DEs that move to ILB in the 3-4.
Old 02-29-2008, 03:16 PM    (permalink
tylerb929
Rookie

tylerb929 is a cocksman.tylerb929 is a cocksman.tylerb929 is a cocksman.tylerb929 is a cocksman.tylerb929 is a cocksman.

Quote:
and we are expected to sign Calvin Pace and Luke McCown none really grossly overpaid either

You must mean Josh McCown, unless your trading with the Bucs.
tylerb929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 03:17 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well this is not good for the Jets. But I applaud the Dolphins. This is how every last place team should be in the off season. They knew they needed new talent and they are getting it. Great job
Old 02-29-2008, 03:17 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerb929 View Post
You must me Josh McCown, unless your trading with the Bucs.
Yea sorry, Josh. I've been calling him Luke all day and I've been able to catch myself and change it before I post until this one. Thanks.
Old 02-29-2008, 03:28 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjr09
yea he has. 5 years, 21 million and 7 million guaranteed. Not too bad for a 24 year old guy with some high upside.
Holy **** did you guys get ripped off!

Starks would play UT next to Albert Haynesworth in our 4-3 DEF, and still get absolutely manhandled by the OL. Man am I glad to see him go, and so is every other Titans fan. We've been waiting for this guy's upside and potential to finally show through for 3 seasons. No doubt he has talent, but he is a zero effort player. And with this contract, I wouldn't expect his motor to all of the sudden start running, unfortunately.

No way he can play NT in the 3-4. His only chance is at DE, and I don't think it's very good. You guys bought yourself a nice backup at worst. I do hope he gets his act together, though. Ex-Titans usually boom or bust.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Last edited by TitanHope : 02-29-2008 at 04:00 PM.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 03:32 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

well... Dolphins just signed Josh Mccown...
JagHombre22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 03:45 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
http://www.nfl.com/freeagency/story?...o&confirm=true

I'm guessing you wanted him on the Saints?

He, Smiley and Eugene Wilson and Jacque Reeves where the 4 main guys I wanted in FA.

They got Smiley and Starks. I know Reeves is visiting the entire planet and will be overpaid so I'm over him but has anyone heard anything about Wilson.
Why would you want Jacques Reeves? He is arguably the worst corner in the NFL, and is constantly picked on in coverage.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote