Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-01-2008, 07:30 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's an interesting move considering I think the Jets still need more time, but I like it. It should add a nice little blanket for D'Brick.
Old 03-01-2008, 10:10 AM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's trying to decide where to go, and its definitely a good sign he's in NY
Old 03-01-2008, 10:18 AM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Jonathan Vilma View Post
i hope he returns to form now that he has that 'security' he didn't feel he had last year. I think his play slipping last year was directly related to how he felt he was treated by Steeler management, rather than his coming decline.
I think it was more to do with the Steelers line being a shambles...Sean Mahan playing next to him says it all, plus Marvel Smith was playing injured for most of the season. I think with a better supporting cast (D'Brick and Mangold) Faneca should remain at a pro bowl/all-pro level for atleast another 2 years.
Old 03-01-2008, 10:28 AM    (permalink
jetsfan0099
Rookie

jetsfan0099 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjr09 View Post
Completely disagree. A team like the Jets which likely is another year away from really competing and has huge holes on the defense is better off signing 26 year old Justin Smiley for 9 million guaranteed then signing 33 year old Alan Faneca for 23 million guaranteed.

I mean if Smiley pans out, he has the potential to be one of the better OGs in the NFL and he'll get 25 million over the life of his 5 year contract. But Fanaca on the other hand can show signs of age, completely flop and they still have to pay him 23 million for the next 4 years no matter what.

I'm sorry but for a team that has so many holes in the defense I think the savings of a Justin Smiley compared to Alan Faneca is too big to ignore. Smiley is a much better signing.
Faneca is 31 years old, will be 31 the whole season. The Jets are offering a contract that is 4 years so he is 35 when the deal ends. A good length contract. The way the market is the contract was going to be high, its better giving a 7 time pro bowler that money then some one like Dockery or Davis last year who didn't make the pro bowl at all yet.
As for the Jets, they can easily make the playoffs, they filled their 2 biggest needs with Faneca and Jenkins. NT and LG was the biggest needs, now we filled them with Pro bowlers. The Jets Run defense just got a lot better, our schedule stinks, IMO we have a great HC. We will make the playoffs you watch! The Jets I my prediction will be 11-5 next season! Book it!
jetsfan0099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 10:50 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsfan0099 View Post
Faneca is 31 years old, will be 31 the whole season. The Jets are offering a contract that is 4 years so he is 35 when the deal ends. A good length contract. The way the market is the contract was going to be high, its better giving a 7 time pro bowler that money then some one like Dockery or Davis last year who didn't make the pro bowl at all yet.
As for the Jets, they can easily make the playoffs, they filled their 2 biggest needs with Faneca and Jenkins. NT and LG was the biggest needs, now we filled them with Pro bowlers. The Jets Run defense just got a lot better, our schedule stinks, IMO we have a great HC. We will make the playoffs you watch! The Jets I my prediction will be 11-5 next season! Book it!

That's pretty funny.
Old 03-01-2008, 10:53 AM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

Jet fans at least can be hopeful that our team continues the patter of missing and making the playoffs every other year...
Old 03-01-2008, 11:53 AM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
That's pretty funny.
i could tell you what's funny, but i'll hold back

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 12:04 PM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That's pretty funny.
Honestly, 11-5 might be a stretch, but 9-7 and 10-6 is plenty plausible. People who just look at the jets record get no sense for this team. We were in every game this season except the opener against NE and the game against Dallas. We lost seven games by a touchdown or less, and led the giants in the 4th quarter. This team is far better than there record indicates. That plus the fact that we just filled our 2 biggest needs, means that 10-6 could happen. This is the best team talent-wise that mangini has had yet (with the jets). And considering that he pretty much coached us to 10-6 two years ago, ther's no reason to believe it can;t happen again

Sig by Me
JETS5128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 01:09 PM    (permalink
jetsfan0099
Rookie

Quote:
That's pretty funny.
Hows that funny?? Have you seen our up coming schedule?? And we are about to improve our 2 biggest holes with pro bowlers. And if Mangini keeps up his success in drafting our team is getting much better. Plus I think Kellen Clemens is going to do good this year, he has a lot of talent, just no talent last year and a bad OL.
We didn't make the plays to win games. With up graded talent, and being the 3rd year in a system, and a easy schedule the Jets could be 11-5. Thats my prediction, and I am standing by it baring injuries. If Coles keeps healthy this year, we have a really great WR tandem in Coles and Cotchery.
Old 03-01-2008, 01:12 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is it just me, or does it seem like Faneca and his agent are trying to give some extra time to Arizona in dealing with Fitzgerald's ginormous contract? Speculation on my part.
Old 03-01-2008, 01:12 PM    (permalink
wingboy2999
Pro Bowler

wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i could tell you what's funny, but i'll hold back
YOUR MOMMA!

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08
wingboy2999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 01:13 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingboy2999 View Post
YOUR MOMMA!
That was weak man...you can do better than that!
Old 03-01-2008, 02:38 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsfan0099 View Post
Hows that funny?? Have you seen our up coming schedule?? And we are about to improve our 2 biggest holes with pro bowlers. And if Mangini keeps up his success in drafting our team is getting much better. Plus I think Kellen Clemens is going to do good this year, he has a lot of talent, just no talent last year and a bad OL.
We didn't make the plays to win games. With up graded talent, and being the 3rd year in a system, and a easy schedule the Jets could be 11-5. Thats my prediction, and I am standing by it baring injuries. If Coles keeps healthy this year, we have a really great WR tandem in Coles and Cotchery.
buh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingboy2999 View Post
YOUR MOMMA!
very weak.

11-5? that would be a pretty nice run, but lets not get ahead of ourselves here, we haven't even officially signed Faneca yet, so lets just wait and see what happens first.

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 03:06 PM    (permalink
jetsfan0099
Rookie

Quote:
buh?

very weak.

11-5? that would be a pretty nice run, but lets not get ahead of ourselves here, we haven't even officially signed Faneca yet, so lets just wait and see what happens first.
LOL!! My bad I meant no talent around him. :D
Old 03-01-2008, 03:33 PM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Faneca is according to NFL Network going to make a decision by 6PM ET tonight.

Signature made by me

Sveen's 2014 NFL Draft Spreadsheet
Sveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 04:37 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports that the Jets have reached agreement with Alan Faneca on a four-year contract.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 04:52 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports that the Jets have reached agreement with Alan Faneca on a five-year, $40 million contract, with $21 million guaranteed.

The Jets added a year to the original offer, but Faneca will never see that money. He'll be lucky to see the fourth year. In the meantime, he'll bolster a pitiful interior rushing attack. The Jets are overpaying, but they have a leader to help their young linemen develop.

A Mod should edit the title of this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 05:29 PM    (permalink
nvot9
All-Pro

Location: And it's not even that big of a deal, something like 8% of kids do it.
nvot9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills2083 View Post
NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports that the Jets have reached agreement with Alan Faneca on a five-year, $40 million contract, with $21 million guaranteed.

The Jets added a year to the original offer, but Faneca will never see that money. He'll be lucky to see the fourth year. In the meantime, he'll bolster a pitiful interior rushing attack. The Jets are overpaying, but they have a leader to help their young linemen develop.

A Mod should edit the title of this thread.

So it's basically a three year 21 million dollar guaranteed contract with a potential for it to be a 4th and then a 5th year contract worth 40 million?

Awesome?

Jets will not take McFadden...
nvot9 is offline   Reply With Quote