Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-29-2008, 07:52 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Roth is a free agent after 09, btw. Who's to say he is in the long-term plans.
Old 02-29-2008, 07:56 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope the cards don't loose him, he is a good Olb in that 3-4. As a 4-3 end garbage, he is defently much much better in 3-4. I think if Miami signs him, then Porter gets bumped inside.

Still hope the Cards don't lose him he is just starting to breakout. After 3 years at De.
Old 02-29-2008, 08:22 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagHombre22 View Post
wow...Pace is not worth 20 mil guaranteed...what is Parcells doing...

this just means Justin Smith's price tag will sky rocket even further...
Good. I hope the Vikings break the bank on him.
Old 02-29-2008, 08:23 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One is Olb while the other is a strictly DE come on.
Old 02-29-2008, 08:23 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That is alot of money for a one year wonder.
Old 02-29-2008, 08:25 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlueCrew56 View Post
Well if you look at it this way. They saved themselves 10 million getting Pace rather then paying 30 million to an unproven rookie in Chris Long or Vernon Gholston. I think the Dolphins are going OT Jake Long with the #1 pick and Joe Flacco with the high second rounder.
Chris Long would be their LDE, Calvin Pace is gonna play OLB. Two different animals there.
Old 02-29-2008, 08:38 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Now Parcells just needs to trade his #1 overall for Anderson.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 08:46 PM    (permalink
nfrillman
Veteran

nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.

And with this move, allow me to introduce you to the newest member of the St. Louis Rams, Defensive End Chris Long.

I am done arguing, until somebody says something stupid.
nfrillman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 08:49 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Good. I hope the Vikings break the bank on him.
I do too. They already have an excellent run defense, and Justin Smith is only an average pass-rusher.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 09:01 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Chris Long would be their LDE, Calvin Pace is gonna play OLB. Two different animals there.
I highly doubt that Parcells would draft a 272 pounder to play LDE in the 3-4. Granted, if there's anyone in this draft that can no only survive, but excel, undersized, I'd guess Long. Now, that said, I could see them putting Pace on the WOLB side, with Long on the SOLB side.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 09:03 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

I'm going to assume Gholston or Long will only be picked by Miami if Jason Taylor or Joey Porter are gone.

Bosanac01
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 09:06 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

nah, I think Chris Long will be picked with Porter still there, Pace and Taylor
Old 02-29-2008, 09:13 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

PFT is reporting that there are two different sources saying that Pace isn't signed...and that he will visit the Jets tomorrow...
JagHombre22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 09:36 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Pace hasn't signed. I've read from multiple sources that he is visiting the Jets tomorrow and there was an article up earlier today which I posted that states that the Dolphins aren't willing to give him Joey Porter type money. I'm curious as to where these reports are coming from because the report I read was a quote straight from Pace himself that he's visiting the Jets tomorrow.
Old 02-29-2008, 09:45 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

yea, I read the same quote...we'll see I guess
JagHombre22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 10:47 PM    (permalink
BigBlueCrew56
Rookie

BigBlueCrew56 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think he has agreed to terms with the Dolphins but he just wants to give the Jets a visit to see if anything there would drastically change his mind which I doubt. When it comes down do it I think he prefers Dolphins over the Jets.
BigBlueCrew56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 11:02 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well if that's the case then Dolphins fans should do a happy dance and I tip my hat to Mr. Bill Parcells.

20 million dollars for Calvin Pace. Y'all must be crazy!!

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 11:26 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Well if that's the case then Dolphins fans should do a happy dance and I tip my hat to Mr. Bill Parcells.

20 million dollars for Calvin Pace. Y'all must be crazy!!
I know 20 mil for Pace is nuts. SI.com is the ONLY source that is reporting this deal and I read on a couple of local papers that talks are stalled because we won't give him Porter money and on the Miami Herald and Rotoworld there are reports that he is visiting the Jets tomorrow.

When I see a bunch of different places saying he's visiting the Jets and just one place saying he's signed, I tend to believe the multiple sources.

Interesting situation to say the least. We'll see how it plays out.
Old 03-01-2008, 01:00 AM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I dont know how much truth it is to it but supposedly Jason Taylor is being shopped to the Packers for their 2nd they got from Williams, and a 4th rd pick...parcells certainly is not sitting on his hands.
Wow.... where'd you hear that?? I would absolutely LOVE that trade! I really hope it's true! A reliable source?

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 01:03 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My thoughts from the FA Tracker thread:

As for Jason Taylor, if memory serves correct he has two years remaining on his current deal. Myself, I'd keep him for 08 to groom Long (better Taylor than Porter as a veteran influence), then I would trade Taylor next offseason.

I couldn't care less if the Dolphins sign Calvin Pace (who I wish I saw of lick of), he's not the franchise pass rusher to succeed Jason Taylor. Chris Long is my guy if I'm the Dolphins, I've been saying that for quite some time and I stick by it.
Old 03-01-2008, 01:05 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ugh....I know that Jason Taylor is getting older, but if the Packers get him....sigh....

Old 03-01-2008, 01:12 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Wonder if that would mean KGB getting canned, but it's speculative anyways. And what the addition of Taylor would do for the Packers.

The Packers defense intrigues me a great deal, but I don't want to get off topic too much. And I have a knack for pissing Packers fans off, I don't want to relive that.
Old 03-01-2008, 01:13 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LOL, how so, Geo?
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 01:14 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Don't be silly, pissing Packers fans off is awesome.

Old 03-01-2008, 01:23 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebow305 View Post
Wow.... where'd you hear that?? I would absolutely LOVE that trade! I really hope it's true! A reliable source?
Yea I really dont want to get the thread off topic too much, but their just in talks to let him go for a 2nd(since they have two) and a 4th, the only sources are a packers blog site, and its been reported on the radio, but its nothing major unless one or the other decides on it...

http://cheeseheadtv.com/blog/let-the-rumors-fly
heres the link, but it just solidifies it being a rumor in the first place.

While I agree with Geo in letting him groom someone this year, it seems like Parcells wouldnt mind getting rid of Taylor now while his stock is relatively high, and really stockpile those picks, another 2nd and 4th would be huge after who he's already picked up...on Green Bay's end its a great deal because they are really only coming off a 4th, its an intriguing rumor and I like it on both ends, so if I had to guess id say it gets done...But just add this to the barrel of rumors we already have, I just think this one has some legs to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote