Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-02-2008, 08:01 AM    (permalink
nvot9
All-Pro

Location: And it's not even that big of a deal, something like 8% of kids do it.
nvot9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills2083 View Post
Calvin Pace will visit the Jets Saturday.

Sports Illustrated incorrectly reported Friday that Pace was signing with Miami. He is going to make a lot of money for some 3-4 team.

http://www.nfl.com/freeagency/story?...o&confirm=true
Yea, this is true...I'm actually hearing the Jets are the front runners but that Parcells wants him the most, so take that as you will. I'm not sure what how I'd feel about the signing, I'm sure we'd have to invest a lot in him, I think it could work out though...

For any Cardinals fan or just anyone who knows about Pace, could he potentially move inside in the 3-4 and play ILB?

Jets will not take McFadden...
nvot9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 09:04 AM    (permalink
Young Nasty Man
Veteran

Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvot9 View Post
Yea, this is true...I'm actually hearing the Jets are the front runners but that Parcells wants him the most, so take that as you will. I'm not sure what how I'd feel about the signing, I'm sure we'd have to invest a lot in him, I think it could work out though...

For any Cardinals fan or just anyone who knows about Pace, could he potentially move inside in the 3-4 and play ILB?
I was just ask the same exact thing as my boy nvot....So if any cardinal fan knows, please inform

Via BoneKrusher
Young Nasty Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 09:25 AM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The NY Daily News is "hearing" that the Jets have "an excellent chance" to get free agent OLB Calvin Pace signed.
They're in direct competition with the Dolphins. Sports Illustrated jumped the gun by declaring Pace a 'Fin already. Pace hasn't decided yet.

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jet...-free-age.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 10:17 AM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow that'd be nice if we signed him. I think we could still look to draft Gholston, but it would add a lot of depth to our linebackers. Gholston, Pace, and Thomas on the outside. Hobson, Harris, and Barton in the middle. That'd be real nice.
Old 03-02-2008, 10:31 AM    (permalink
nvot9
All-Pro

Location: And it's not even that big of a deal, something like 8% of kids do it.

Hobson's a free agent so we don't really have much depth in the middle which is why I'm thinking maybe Pace goes in the middle? Bryan Thomas in the middle? I dnno...

Old 03-02-2008, 10:31 AM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I haven't heard anything about Hobson, but I have a feeling the Jets keep him.
Old 03-02-2008, 10:36 AM    (permalink
nvot9
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimDris View Post
I haven't heard anything about Hobson, but I have a feeling the Jets keep him.
Well he's definitely a FA, I know that much...no idea if they'd resign him though. I know they're looking to get rid of him or Barton and since he's the FA, I'd assume it be him, kinda underwhelming in the 3-4, I'd expect him to sign elsewhere...although we could use the depth.

Old 03-02-2008, 05:07 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Pace would be a waste in the middle, to be honest. If we signed him, I'd hope that he'd play on the outside. I would kind of hope we're offering less than what Miami was reportedly giving him, though.
thetedginnshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 05:24 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Didn't Hobson suck last year? I think he'd be a better fit as a 4-3 linebacker.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 06:23 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

Yeah he didn't do well. About 70 tackles and only 2 sacks. But in his first year in the 3-4 (in which he also played ILB) he had over 100 tackles and 6 sacks which is better numbers than he put up in the 4-3.
Old 03-02-2008, 09:45 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Free agent LB Calvin Pace returned to his home in Atlanta after meeting with the Jets over the weekend.
He's mulling the Jets and Dolphins' offers. The Bengals want to bring Pace in for a visit, but their meeting was only tentatively scheduled. The 27-year-old pass rusher should have a decision early this week.

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jet...on-sunday.html

Quote:
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Old 03-03-2008, 12:07 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hah, he's milking his time on the free agent market for all it's worth. Go to town while you can, guy. :)
Old 03-03-2008, 12:15 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

pace is a outside guy he bring that pass rushing ability from the outside/standing up. I don't think he can be a sideline to sideline player.
Old 03-03-2008, 12:19 AM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Btw, if the Jets signed Pace, I'd imagine Pace and Thomas on the edges, with Harris and someone in the middle. While translating 4-3 OLB work to 3-4 ILB work isn't the best, it does give some indication that in terms of "pure" LB duties, Pace might struggle. He's a pass rusher and I think he'd be used on the edges of the 3-4 defense, like he was used in Arizona this past year.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 02:22 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Jets just signed Pace.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3275059

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 02:28 PM    (permalink
nvot9
All-Pro

I think it's something like 6 years 42 million with 22 million guaranteed. Way to expensive of a contract, but he's a good addition.

Old 03-03-2008, 02:37 PM    (permalink
Meta4
Rookie

Meta4 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Nice pick up

THE PACK IS BACK!
Meta4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 02:52 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Too much money for him, IMO.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-03-2008, 03:02 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is Pace actually any good? I've seen very little of him. I thought he was basically considered a bust until he moved to OLB and he was only average there.

I'm fearing that the Jets are going to be the team this year that looks like they were the big winner in Free Agency, but when it all pans out were actually the big losers.
Jughead10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 03:12 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

As a Dolphins fan, I'm doing backflips. 6 years, 42 million with 22 mil guaranteed and a 20 million signing bonus.

I think he just pass Reeves was the worse signing of the offseason. Thank God we didn't get him but then again, I'm sure Parcells didn't wanna dish out that sorta cash for him either.

Bring on Chris Long for the Dolphins.
Old 03-03-2008, 03:33 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know pass rushers are a premium in the league more than ever, but wow.
Old 03-03-2008, 03:35 PM    (permalink
Bluedevil$
Rookie

Bluedevil$ hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

If Parcells wanted him for 20 mill+ in guaranteed money, I trust that he's a good player. Plus we're about to let go of D-Rob's big cap number.
Bluedevil$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 03:40 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
I know pass rushers are a premium in the league more than ever, but wow.
His contract blows Lance Briggs out of the water. Bears got a steal. System player or not Briggs has more talent and production in his pinky then Pace has.

Pace is close to being the highest paid LB in the league. It's like the twilight zone.

The Jets are dishing out all sorts of cash to Pace, Jenkins, Woody and Faneca and of all those could blow up in their face big time. Woody, Jenkins and Pace all have careers that center around underachieving and slacking off and they are worth a combined 102 million with 52 million guaranteed?

Am I the only one that feels the Jets didn't get 102 million worth of upgrades to their roster with those 3?
Old 03-03-2008, 03:42 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluedevil$ View Post
If Parcells wanted him for 20 mill+ in guaranteed money, I trust that he's a good player. Plus we're about to let go of D-Rob's big cap number.
Did you read the reports? Pace asked Parcells for 20+ million in guarantees and Parcells said no.
Old 03-03-2008, 03:43 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ha. That's ******* hilarious. What a terrible signing.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote