Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-29-2008, 03:02 PM    (permalink
wingboy2999
Pro Bowler

wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am so close to just saying screw football.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08
wingboy2999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 03:03 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

if they can get him for a 3rd or 4th round pick.... thats a steal for his potential and quality of player. hopefully he doesnt start hanging around chris henry or anything hahaha
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 03:03 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
This should come as a suprise to noone except maybe Lions fans. If Vilma and Kris Jenkins can't get 2nd rounders Rogers isn't going to either.
I've been trying to tell me fellow Lions fans that a 3rd Round pick was best case scenario, but very few of them listened.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 03:04 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sveen View Post
I'm actually loving this when I come to think about it. It only increases the chances of the Saint getting Ellis or Dorsey in the draft :D
this brings up a good point. Glenn Dorsey and Sedrick Ellis probably lost a lot of money today with a couple teams at the top of the draft filling their DT need.

i like the signing for Cinci. almost makes too much sense.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If this is a 3rd (we should have two with Steinbach) or even better a 4th then F**K YEAH!

This shuts my mouth. Either way a big time move, the lack of motor bothers me but the talent is there. We would have two very good DT's in Rogers/Peko.

That would allow them to address DE and LB in the first two rounds. Put Rogers at NT in the 3-4 or stay 4-3. Either way this is sweet, didn't even hear mention of it.

I didn't buy into signing Sam Adams at all but this one I really like. Those 7 sacks blow out anything anyone on our team did.

Cannot freaking believe we actually made a meaningful deal for the first time in forever.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
BcLion
Rookie

BcLion could make a wolverine purr.BcLion could make a wolverine purr.BcLion could make a wolverine purr.BcLion could make a wolverine purr.BcLion could make a wolverine purr.BcLion could make a wolverine purr.BcLion could make a wolverine purr.BcLion could make a wolverine purr.BcLion could make a wolverine purr.

http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=6665

3rd and 5th

Sigh MMMMMMMMMMMIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLE EEEEENNNNNNNNN

Bclion
BcLion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 03:05 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sveen View Post
I'm actually loving this when I come to think about it. It only increases the chances of the Saint getting Ellis or Dorsey in the draft :D
Damn, right point Sveen!

w00tw00t!
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
wingboy2999
Pro Bowler

wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One advantage of the Lions trading Rogers away...

We won't have to deal with people idiotically calling him Shaun "Rodgers".

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's about what I expected, talk of a 2nd round pick was very lofty.

Edit: 3rd and a 5th? That's pretty good. The Lions should thank the Jets for setting the trade market, so that the Bengals knew what they had to give up to get this deal done.

Edit #2: I don't think this hurts the chances of the Bengals taking either Dorsey or Ellis. Rogers hasn't played a snap for Lewis, plus he's not signed long-term. Him and Peko are solid/good, but not Dorsey or Ellis good.

Nonetheless, defensive end probably remains their biggest need, and I think they would have thought so even if they traded for Rogers or not.

Last edited by Geo : 02-29-2008 at 03:09 PM.
Geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 03:06 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rototworld is reporting a 3rd OR 4th.

Quote:
The Bengals have reportedly acquired DT Shaun Rogers from the Lions in exchange for either a third- or fourth-round draft pick.
Source: Cincinnati Enquirer

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.

Last edited by TitleTown088 : 02-29-2008 at 03:10 PM.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 03:08 PM    (permalink
wingboy2999
Pro Bowler

Bengals.com said 3rd and 5th.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08
Old 02-29-2008, 03:10 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, ESPN says its a 3rd and 5th so.. I trust ESPN over Rotoworld.
Old 02-29-2008, 03:11 PM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Both 3rd and 5th rounder are this year?

Signature made by me

Sveen's 2014 NFL Draft Spreadsheet
Sveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 03:19 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think it hurts Ellis or Dorsey to Cincy at #9 overall since those guys would almost certainly qualify as BPA at that pick and a guy like Ellis next to Rogers would make the middle of that line spectacular, putting Peko in a rotational role. But the trade does make DT at 9 overall more of a possibility rather than a slam dunk should one of the big two fall to the Bengals. What they really need now is a WLB and a DE.
Old 02-29-2008, 03:20 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You'd have to think. As I said I would imagine we get a 3rd round comp. pick from Steinbach so we'd still have a pick in the first 3 rounds.

This move is sweet, didn't see it coming and kills my debbie downer spirit for this offseason.
Old 02-29-2008, 03:21 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the only way this changes the Bengals draft plans is if they decide to make the full switch to a 3-4. Then you're probably looking at guys like Derrick Harvey or Kenny Phillips at #9 (unless they really like Dorsey/Ellis 3-4 DE's)

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 03:22 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

bf - i imagine they'll go with a 3-4 look. they've talked about it so much. rogers/fanene/thornton/robinson/peko gives them some bodies up front. at 9, gholston will be off, but i imagine they'll go pass rush and go after harvey, who is rumored to be marvin's guy anyways. harvey and geathers can both drop back into 3-4 olb looks, meaning that their front 7 could be close to being set.

i don't expect ellis or dorsey to drop too badly ... dorsey drops only if there's a serious injury ... ellis was more a 6-10 guy to begin with ... look for teams like the saints/bills to explore moving up imo ... perhaps even the panthers ... if
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 03:23 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think they will stay in a 4-3, although as Zimmer himself has said, they will have some 3-4 looks.
Old 02-29-2008, 03:26 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe a hybrid, but the problem with the 4-3 comes down to that they would have to find way to improve not only their outside pass rush, but also their interior pass rush. Unless they become so dominant against the run to negate such necessity. put it this way - simply adding a de at 9 isn't likely to significantly improve their pass rush.

only time will tell i guess.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 03:27 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

I think if they saw Ellis as a 3-4 DE then it could be done, on paper our Dline would actually be a strength. I don't think they'll go Phillips given the faith/praise for Ndukwe and White last season. I like Phillips but I don't think Marvin places as much importance on safties as he does CB/LB, plus I feel Ndukwe and White will be more than adequate.

Front runner has to be a DE at this point, Rivers would be nice but not as important.

Not sure what this does to the 4-3/3-4 talk. Rogers is obviously a 4-3 guy but is quite the mass in the middle. Given his 4-3 success now I'd just assume stay in the 4-3, before I wanted 3-4.... Bad.
Old 02-29-2008, 03:35 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonsterwu View Post
Maybe a hybrid, but the problem with the 4-3 comes down to that they would have to find way to improve not only their outside pass rush, but also their interior pass rush. Unless they become so dominant against the run to negate such necessity. put it this way - simply adding a de at 9 isn't likely to significantly improve their pass rush.

only time will tell i guess.
Agreed about the pass rush. Our run D hasn't been bad the past few years as a whole, save a few real bad ones we've been ~15th the last two seasons. Granted, losing Justin Smith hurts.

In the end, our biggest problem is a lack of pass rush without a doubt. Rogers is a big boost to that as I think the addition of him helps with the DE's as well. Geathers was always next to a bum of a DT.

Our pass rush issues resulted from a lack of interior pass rush, lack of DE pass rush and lack of LB pass rush... So basically it just sucked. Rogers helps the interior part out immensly, I think he'll have at least SOME impact on the DE's and whoever we bring in at DE will likely be more of a pass rusher than a run D guy like Justin Smith.
Old 02-29-2008, 04:27 PM    (permalink
jbombul
Rookie

jbombul hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.jbombul hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

he improves your special teams too, as he is quite able to block field goals when he feels like it he has something like 11 blocked kicks since he has been in the league
jbombul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 04:37 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

just came home from lifting to see this and though i dont like his character its hard to argue with it. nice to see us finally make a splash in free agency and hopefully zimmer can tap into his potential moreso than what happened up there in detroit.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 04:39 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

My faith has shot up in the front office today, Rogers and even talking to Antwan Odom is something I'm not used to. Normally we go after dinosaurs that are coming off injured seasons.

If we manage Odom, the only real NEED is WLB. Depth needed at LB, CB, S and OG as well as RB.
Old 02-29-2008, 05:09 PM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran

eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.

And the Cincy legacy of laziness and lawlessness continues
eaglesfan_45 is offline   Reply With Quote