Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-29-2008, 08:53 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why trade away Bodden? He's one of their best defensive players. Lawlz.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 08:54 PM    (permalink
bret hart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
Why trade away Bodden? He's one of their best defensive players. Lawlz.
he had a bad year last year in case nobody noticed (injuries etc, couldnt run real well)
Old 02-29-2008, 08:55 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bret hart View Post
browns should try to get rid of winslow he has a bad attitude
Yeah then I can just change my name to "Forsale"

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 08:56 PM    (permalink
bret hart

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
Yeah then I can just change my name to "Forsale"
you can change it to heidenjasonwright there best two players
Old 02-29-2008, 08:56 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That'd be an intriguing move. It'd give them similar value to what Jenkins/Williams returned (late 2nd) or better (depending on how you value Bodden, I'd place him as a late 3rd).

I can definitely understand the temptation on the Browns side. They have their LB's pretty much. Sure, it'd open a hole at CB, but this draft is deep at corner, and they could still sign a veteran. Just gotta keep Jolly Rogers in shape.

For the Lions, this might be a better move than before. Sure, it's a later 3rd rounder, but not by much, and they'd get one CB settled while giving them a lot of flexibility to target guys they want.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 09:00 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Methinks the Browns are definitely not looking at Corey Williams as a NT.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 09:01 PM    (permalink
familyguy555
Pro Bowler

familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Id be excited if we could get Bodden and a 3rd

sig made by BoneKrusher
familyguy555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 09:01 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

why would they trade away their best CB on their roster? now they no longer have a number one CB.

Lions have won this one, and if Vilma isn't officially traded then the Lions should hurry up and send that 3rd round pick to the Jets.
Old 02-29-2008, 09:02 PM    (permalink
TyronePoole38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitschke-Hawk View Post
Okay now I'm starting to think the Browns think they are playing Madden franchise mode.
Old 02-29-2008, 09:03 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonsterwu View Post
That'd be an intriguing move. It'd give them similar value to what Jenkins/Williams returned (late 2nd) or better (depending on how you value Bodden, I'd place him as a late 3rd).

I can definitely understand the temptation on the Browns side. They have their LB's pretty much. Sure, it'd open a hole at CB, but this draft is deep at corner, and they could still sign a veteran. Just gotta keep Jolly Rogers in shape.

For the Lions, this might be a better move than before. Sure, it's a later 3rd rounder, but not by much, and they'd get one CB settled while giving them a lot of flexibility to target guys they want.
I'm not going to lie, Bodden wasn't the same old Bodden last year...

He was slow as hell and getting beat a lot, the int's he had last year are misleading.

If he can rebound from his constant ankle/foot whatever the hell injuries he will be a good corner, but if he cant regain the speed he had 2 years ago Detroit fans are going to be disappointed.

Either way, I'm gonna miss Leigh :(

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
Old 02-29-2008, 09:03 PM    (permalink
TyronePoole38

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
why would they trade away their best CB on their roster? now they no longer have a number one CB.

Lions have won this one, and if Vilma isn't officially traded then the Lions should hurry up and send that 3rd round pick to the Jets.
Vilma's a Saint
Old 02-29-2008, 09:04 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post

Eric Wright is our best corner and he was a rookie, dude played FANTASTIC the second half of the season.

McDonald looked really good as well, we need to keep Holly now and get G-Bax back and healthy and we'll be fine.

Old 02-29-2008, 09:05 PM    (permalink
TyronePoole38

Quote:
Eric Wright is our best corner and he was a rookie, dude played FANTASTIC the second half of the season.

McDonald looked really good as well, we need to keep Holly now and get G-Bax back and healthy and we'll be fine.
Baxter will never get back to his old form IMO.
Old 02-29-2008, 09:06 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
Methinks the Browns are definitely not looking at Corey Williams as a NT.
I'm guessing that's directed to me. Personally, between the two, I would try Corey Williams at the nose and Shaun Rogers at DE first. Rogers at the nose would be cause for concern if he lacks consistency, which is one thing Corey has.

Again, for everyone that laughed at me yesterday when I suggested it, I'm not saying that

a) The Browns will try Corey at NT
b) That Corey would be bad at DE (I think he'd be great)

I just think that good 3-4 NT's are hard to find, guys that occupy space and can pass rush. I think Corey has the skillset to do it. We're so accustomed to the idea that a 3-4 NT has to be a space eater that doesn't give much of a push. Why? For me, the intent of the NT isn't to "eat space"; it's to the leverage the position, contain, and attack. The thing is, there's so few guys who can do all three in a quick amount of time to a level of consistency.

Now why would I try Rogers at DE before NT? Look to the Ravens basically. Ngata still has his bouts of inconsistency, but it's not as noticed. If your NT can't leverage/eat space and contain, your whole thirty front collapses. Now, if one could be certain that Shaun Rogers would be able to go full bore and play 100% every play, then yes. His history certainly doesn't suggest it.

All that said, my guess is that Shaun Smith sticks at 3-4 NT, with Rogers/Williams at end if they complete the trade. That gets their 3 best DL guys on the field, and Smith's value at NT than end is greater than the other two.

Last edited by toonsterwu : 02-29-2008 at 09:09 PM.
Old 02-29-2008, 09:08 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He was slow as hell and getting beat a lot, the int's he had last year are misleading.

If he can rebound from his constant ankle/foot whatever the hell injuries he will be a good corner, but if he cant regain the speed he had 2 years ago Detroit fans are going to be disappointed.
Well, speed isn't exactly a priority for a CB in a Tampa-2 and he won't be asked to play very much man-on-man.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 09:08 PM    (permalink
bret hart

ted washington eats people
Old 02-29-2008, 09:09 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

Shaun Smith was an excellent NT for us, I doubt he gets moved from that spot.

We need Shaun Rogers to muscle up and lose some weight (if that makes sense?)

He needs to get down to like 310-320 mostly muscle and get some more endurance and we will have ourself one sick line.

Old 02-29-2008, 09:10 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know you're all dying for my input, here it is:

Shaun Rogers is the NT Cleveland has been dying for and combined with Williams would give the Browns what they need, and players like Rogers who need a fire lit under them would do well IMO for Romeo Crennel who is the epitome of a players coach in the NFL, at least for defensive players.

From Detroit's side, Bodden struggled a bit last year but did have 6 INTs, many of which were timely and game clinching picks. But no doubt Bodden would do better in a cover 2 defense or one where more pressure was applied up front. He's a quality starting corner, but in Cleveland we have Brandon McDonald, Eric Wright, and Daven Holly ready to run as the 1,2,and 3 corners, so he's expendable. This trade excites me even though it's not a sure thing for either side.
Old 02-29-2008, 09:10 PM    (permalink
icantackleclaret
Rookie

icantackleclaret hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:

Baxter in no longer a Brown. He restructured his deal last year and he is now a FA.

Thanks to Bosanac01 for the sig.
icantackleclaret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 09:11 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

If you keep Robaire Smith or Orpheus, that gives you a ton of depth at DL compared to last year when things were a bit taxed.
Old 02-29-2008, 09:12 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also the Browns D-Line rotation would be like this:
LDE-Corey Williams
NT-Shaun Rogers and Shaun Smith
RDE-Robaire Smith

Always good to have a rotation at nose tackle in a 3-4 to keep the big guys fresh.
Old 02-29-2008, 09:13 PM    (permalink
bret hart

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonsterwu View Post
If you keep Robaire Smith or Orpheus, that gives you a ton of depth at DL compared to last year when things were a bit taxed.
wed trade you osi umenyiora for tim carter and darnell dinkins
Old 02-29-2008, 09:13 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by icantackleclaret View Post
Baxter in no longer a Brown. He restructured his deal last year and he is now a FA.
Thats why I said get him back AND healthy.

Old 02-29-2008, 09:16 PM    (permalink
DawgBone
Rookie

DawgBone smells like sex panther.

I think Rogers will be great in the 3-4 as our new NT. He will usually only have to play 2 downs much like Ted Washington was asked to do. On third downs Im sure Shaun Smith or Williams moves inside.

People forget that Rogers played AMAZING at the beggining of this year then quit caring once the team underachieved. The Browns will have a better team than the Lions and will hopefully bring him back to his dominate form.

I dont think anyone will argue that he is a top 5-10 DT when motivated.....lets see if Cleveland can get that out of him? If not some of my favorite strip clubs around here might get the police called more than often!

Im also wondering if he will re-do his large contract?

The Browns deffensive line just got alot better after today if all works as planned. Its obvious the Browns want to win sooner than later and by getting rid of draft picks and getting clear cut players, were alittle closer.

Please trade Derek Anderson......(Vikings are you listening? Dolphins....ATL?)
DawgBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 09:16 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
I know you're all dying for my input, here it is:

Shaun Rogers is the NT Cleveland has been dying for and combined with Williams would give the Browns what they need, and players like Rogers who need a fire lit under them would do well IMO for Romeo Crennel who is the epitome of a players coach in the NFL, at least for defensive players.

From Detroit's side, Bodden struggled a bit last year but did have 6 INTs, many of which were timely and game clinching picks. But no doubt Bodden would do better in a cover 2 defense or one where more pressure was applied up front. He's a quality starting corner, but in Cleveland we have Brandon McDonald, Eric Wright, and Daven Holly ready to run as the 1,2,and 3 corners, so he's expendable. This trade excites me even though it's not a sure thing for either side.

He's the NT youve been dying for? How has he fared at NT in the 3-4? He hasnt yet, and who knows if he wants to suck up blockers and not get many sacks all year, he is better suited getting after the passer, because like ive said if he decides to get lazy for you at NT, your entire defense will suffer...

Either way, MUCH better trade for Detroit, actually a great deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote