Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-29-2008, 10:18 PM    (permalink
wingboy2999
Pro Bowler

wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
We need Shaun Rogers to muscle up and lose some weight (if that makes sense?)

He needs to get down to like 310-320 mostly muscle and get some more endurance and we will have ourself one sick line.
Bah hahahahahaha. Oh man. You are in for a longggggggggggggggggg season.

I wish I could pay to see Romeon Crennel go up to Shaun Rogers and go "Yo, lose that weight".

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08
wingboy2999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 10:20 PM    (permalink
wingboy2999
Pro Bowler

wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawgBone View Post
People forget that Rogers played AMAZING at the beggining of this year then quit caring once the team underachieved. The Browns will have a better team than the Lions and will hopefully bring him back to his dominate form.
Nonononono, flip that script. He stopped caring AND THEN we started underachieving. That is how it happened. Or atleast they coincided with each other. We did not start sucking and then he went "oh screw it". We started sucking because he did nothing.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08
Old 02-29-2008, 10:20 PM    (permalink
bret hart

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
He's the NT youve been dying for? How has he fared at NT in the 3-4? He hasnt yet, and who knows if he wants to suck up blockers and not get many sacks all year, he is better suited getting after the passer, because like ive said if he decides to get lazy for you at NT, your entire defense will suffer...

Either way, MUCH better trade for Detroit, actually a great deal.
lazy dt for fragile corner, not sure detroit got the much better trade here
Old 02-29-2008, 10:22 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bret hart View Post
True that... I love Bodden but he was sooooooooooooo slow this year.

Plus we have this now...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2gWV...page=0&fpart=2

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 10:23 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bret hart View Post
They needed a corner, Bodden in a cover 2 is going to be a stud, and they still got the high end of the draft picks after with a 3rd, they werent going to draft a better corner with a 5th rd pick in the previous deal, now they still have an early pick to play with, and got rid of a guy...

id take bodden and a 3rd, over a 3rd and a 5th any damn day of the week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 10:24 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's an interesting development, huh. Better deal for the Lions, and the Browns will now add Corey Williams and Shaun Rogers to the DL in one offseason. It's going to be really interesting to see how that works out.
Old 02-29-2008, 10:25 PM    (permalink
wingboy2999
Pro Bowler

Quote:
True that... I love Bodden but he was sooooooooooooo slow this year.

Plus we have this now...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2gWV...page=0&fpart=2
That brought a tear to my eye.... damn you for making me miss him!

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08
Old 02-29-2008, 10:38 PM    (permalink
DawgBone
Rookie

DawgBone smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingboy2999 View Post
Nonononono, flip that script. He stopped caring AND THEN we started underachieving. That is how it happened. Or atleast they coincided with each other. We did not start sucking and then he went "oh screw it". We started sucking because he did nothing.
So your saying that because your offense didnt put up the numbers it did earlier in the season that its Rogers fault?

I think its pretty clear something happened in the locker room or inside the organization that made that entire team quit rather than just the fat kid.

Not only that but who does look good on that team for an entire year?
DawgBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 10:39 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So your saying that because your offense didnt put up the numbers it did earlier in the season that its Rogers fault?

I think its pretty clear something happened in the locker room or inside the organization that made that entire team quit rather than just the fat kid.

Not only that but who does look good on that team for an entire year?
so what your saying is, if you guys are winning Rogers should be fine, what happens if you dont make the playoffs or have a 3 game slide then what? Your basically saying you want a guy who will play hard if your team is winning.

Quote:
Old 02-29-2008, 10:46 PM    (permalink
wingboy2999
Pro Bowler

I'm saying that our D crapped the bed and then we started losing. Obviously our offense could not hold up there end but it was the D that was much worse then the O. So yes, I am going to blame our shortcomings on the D.

And no... I'm not buying something in the locker triggered the slide. People "got off the boat" when we hit the skid. Once again, not the other way around.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08
Old 02-29-2008, 10:54 PM    (permalink
DawgBone
Rookie

Quote:
I'm saying that our D crapped the bed and then we started losing. Obviously our offense could not hold up there end but it was the D that was much worse then the O. So yes, I am going to blame our shortcomings on the D.

And no... I'm not buying something in the locker triggered the slide. People "got off the boat" when we hit the skid. Once again, not the other way around.
Whatever it was for your team Ill be glad to take a lazy deffensive tackle off your hands that has been to multiple pro bowls, had 7 sacks last year as a fat boy, and ran back a 66 yard INT just to show his athletisism.

Whats the worste thing that can happen to Cleveland? Our deffense was allready the worste in the league. Maybe well jump to #31 now?
Old 02-29-2008, 11:02 PM    (permalink
wingboy2999
Pro Bowler

Come on man... you can't call me out and then when I speak the truth and just go "whatever".

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08
Old 02-29-2008, 11:08 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well this pretty much sucks. Bad.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 11:09 PM    (permalink
wingboy2999
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
Atleast you don't have to change your name.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08
Old 02-29-2008, 11:13 PM    (permalink
wingboy2999
Pro Bowler

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf...thirdroun.html

IT'S OFFICIAL BABY!

Watch out... Millen just scooby doo'ed someone. He actually worked this like a pro.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08
Old 02-29-2008, 11:15 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

IT'S OFFICIAL BABY!

Watch out... Millen just scooby doo'ed someone. He actually worked this like a pro.
I wouldn't get too excited. Millen will probably draft someone like Drew Stanton with that draft pick.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 11:15 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

IT'S OFFICIAL BABY!

I'm just letting you know man, as one of Bodden's biggest fans he deffinetly lost a step or two last year, he never seemed to fully recover from the high ankle sprain he got in 2006, I hope he bounces back and puts up pro-bowl numbers for you guys though.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 11:18 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
I'm just letting you know man, as one of Bodden's biggest fans he deffinetly lost a step or two last year, he never seemed to fully recover from the high ankle sprain he got in 2006, I hope he bounces back and puts up pro-bowl numbers for you guys though.
Well that certainly helps his case going to a cover 2, the Lions wouldnt draft anyone as good as he will be with a 5th, Id say Millen gets an A+ for this move, not to say its a bad move for cleveland per say, but on Detroits side id rather take this deal here, vs a 2nd straight up, or a 3rd and a 5th, they lose a dt but gain a db, and have an extra high pick to address a need.

Quote:
Old 02-29-2008, 11:25 PM    (permalink
DawgBone
Rookie

I think I realized Bodden wasnt as good as last year when.....

Savage was mentioning DB's at the combine etc... that impressed him. We were talking about Asante Samuel. And then Crennel said hes happy with our guys in the secondary but would take an upgrade if one was available for the right price.

Anyone that saw Bodden this year exept the last 4 games knew he was toasted constantly. He wasnt a fast player coming out of college, but with good footwork he got by, but when BOTH of his ankles started having problems he lost all of his step.

Your not getting the Bodden that shut down Harrison, Moss and Johnson all in a months time.

The fact that he arguably got outplayed by 2 rookies makes me at ease with this trade.

That being said you got a player that will help your team when healthy.

At least Rogers plays the entire year. Bodden hasnt really ever did that.

And to the one poster.....you took my "whatever" out of context. And I didnt just say "whatever" I also typed some paragraphs along with it.
Old 02-29-2008, 11:25 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's a bit strange that, while the Browns have acquired the players they have, that they won't be drafting until the 4th round.

Take Friday off guys, the new Day One doesn't concern you.
Old 02-29-2008, 11:26 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
If I'm Cincy, it's not the end of the world. I like Peko enough. They could try Marcus Stroud. Slighty different player but could still fit fine. There's some solid DT options in the 2nd/3rd as well.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 11:27 PM    (permalink
DawgBone
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
It's a bit strange that, while the Browns have acquired the players they have, that they won't be drafting until the 4th round.

You know how many countless hours I have put into studying this draft? How many mock drafts Ive made? Just to find out it was all a waste!

The Anderson trade could still happen however. Why else would we delay his first payment until April?
Old 02-29-2008, 11:29 PM    (permalink
wingboy2999
Pro Bowler

Quote:
At least Rogers plays the entire year. Bodden hasnt really ever did that.
Rogers only technically played the full season. He only put effort in for like 1/3rd of the season.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Although I am awful curious which side goofed on the cap rules. My bet would be Cincy, as Detroit knew the hit they'd take, but that said, it could be Detroit either, maybe miscalculating the hit. Not exactly two organizational leaderships that you'd bet the house on.

The Curnutte article suggests maybe the deal was never fully reported. If that's the case, nice job Millen. Although he might've just burned some bridges.

All guesses right now.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
RoyHall#1
Pro Bowler

RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post

The old day one doesn't concern us...
RoyHall#1 is offline   Reply With Quote