Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-01-2008, 11:06 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
The Bears initial offer was 5 years 25 million with 8 million guaranteed. No word if they ever improved on that, but that's essentially a big middle finger to Bernard.
He thought he was worth more. He'll end a worthless career in Minnesota.
He relied on what was the play action in chicago to get behind defenders. TJack sucks at PA.

I don't care. But, ****, when it's about the money. 25/5 with 8 guaranteed isn't BAD for a 4th year player who hasn't done much. 800 yards, not a real #1 threat. The vikings WAY overpayed for an okay, rather unpolished player. It's no better, brad 'i'm not gonna get a receiver in a 1st round' childress.

Sure. I like him, and thought he'd be a great #2, i don't like him as a #1.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 11:14 PM    (permalink
adamprez2003
Rookie

adamprez2003 is a cocksman.adamprez2003 is a cocksman.adamprez2003 is a cocksman.adamprez2003 is a cocksman.adamprez2003 is a cocksman.

Very nice. Minny has made some nice moves so far. Anyone think they may draft a QB in the first? Brohm or Henne maybe?

Eeez Ezpecially Delicious
adamprez2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 11:17 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not a chance. I can now see us going QB as early as 2nd round but we will be going DE in the first. The only scenario that would allow us to pick a QB in the first is if we trade for Jason Taylor. Even then I think we should pick an OT.
Old 03-02-2008, 12:20 AM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Congratulations, Minnesota. You just replaced one fast WR with bad hands with another slightly slower WR with slightly better hands.
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 12:31 AM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Jag View Post
Congratulations, Minnesota. You just replaced one fast WR with bad hands with another slightly slower WR with slightly better hands.
I think that description is off. Berrian is a good reciever, he has good speed to get into the secondary, and has some pretty good hands on him. He also has some ability after the catch, he really is a good young reciever that you would want on your team. My biggest thing w/ him though was it seemed that he would give up on routes sometimes, and not go after the ball agressivly all the time either. Other than that, I think he is a very good reciever, I have been on his bandwagon since his 2nd year. Good pickup Vikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 12:57 AM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Plus, Berrian makes plenty of "wow" catches.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 01:20 AM    (permalink
litlharsh
Veteran

litlharsh hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.litlharsh hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think the vikings have the pieces for a pretty solid offense in a couple of years. TJ needs to progress a fair bit, the line needs to figure out what it's doing, and the WRs are all still fairly young. Granted Rice flashed some ability last year, but I think he needs to mature into the #1 role, with Berrian taking over the two in a couple of years, with Allison or Wade in the 3. Runningback is alright. TE never really showed much but hopefully will start to progress.

I think we have all the skill positions set with quality players, QB is a little uncertain, but the line is looking pretty hectic. McKinnie is in bar fights, Birk is aging, Hutch is still beasting of course, but the right side is simply getting annihilated at times. I think Cook/Johnson will improve with time, and hopefully start to show potential this year. If we grab some type of OL help in the draft, it'll take at least a couple of years for that player to develop.

I think it's kind of silly to say the vikings will have a top flight offense next year, but in a couple of years I'd say we may be looking alright. Hazah!
Originally Posted by Renji View Post
Keyshawn because i just hate T.O. he is a cocky son of a biscuit
But an athletic marvel for a second generation confectionary product
litlharsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 04:17 AM    (permalink
Tobzilla
Pro Bowler

Tobzilla hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Tobzilla hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think we'll go with an RT in the first, maybe a DE.

PM me for sig requests
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Connery View Post
Suck it Trebek!
Tobzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 04:32 AM    (permalink
fondoffilm
Rookie

fondoffilm is a cocksman.fondoffilm is a cocksman.fondoffilm is a cocksman.fondoffilm is a cocksman.fondoffilm is a cocksman.

I've been waiting for this one! Kudos to Spielman and co. for getting it done.
fondoffilm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 07:46 AM    (permalink
Meta4
Rookie

Meta4 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

We are talking about Bernard Berrian right?? Hes good at one thing and thats running straight down the field. He has average hands at best. Hes not a #1 receiver in this league.

THE PACK IS BACK!
Meta4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 07:23 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You are ******* crazy Meta. I am sorry we can't all be the Packers and suck for many years in a row without signing any free agent and then finally have one good year.Who the **** else would you rather have us sign? ******* Jerry Porter? The thing is what we need is someone who runs straight down the ******* field so it is a good signing. Average hands a best. ******* crazy talk. He may not have the best hands but the mother ****** can catch. I am astounded by your crazy ass statements.
Old 03-02-2008, 07:28 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
You are ******* crazy Meta. I am sorry we can't all be the Packers and suck for many years in a row without signing any free agent and then finally have one good year.Who the **** else would you rather have us sign? ******* Jerry Porter? The thing is what we need is someone who runs straight down the ******* field so it is a good signing. Average hands a best. ******* crazy talk. He may not have the best hands but the mother ****** can catch. I am astounded by your crazy ass statements.
You do realize that the Vikings have finished ahead of us only once in the past seven years.
Old 03-02-2008, 07:52 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

**** that mother ******* ****. I never said the Vikings have done better. We had mother ******* "I scalp ******* superbowl tickets" Tice as our coach and now we have ***** ass Childress. I am just saying this is a good ******* ******* signing.
Old 03-02-2008, 09:38 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Says a fan of a team who just traded for Troy Williamson.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 11:26 PM    (permalink
litlharsh
Veteran

litlharsh hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.litlharsh hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

haha dr. gonzo is either extremely angry or drunk, either way you mother ******'s don't stand a chance
Old 03-03-2008, 12:18 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meta4 View Post
We are talking about Bernard Berrian right?? Hes good at one thing and thats running straight down the field. He has average hands at best. Hes not a #1 receiver in this league.
Not yet. I agree with you, right now he's a one trick pony.
Will he be that way forever? Probably not.

With tjack throwing him the ball on play actions? I don't like the odds.

Old 03-03-2008, 12:55 AM    (permalink
crazyisme
Rookie

crazyisme hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

people WAAAAY over-emphasize this "he's not a #1 guy" its actually quite hilarious how stupid people sound when they claim that as a reason. Honestly, who gives a damn? His talents make him a great complimentary WR to Rice, who we are going to have opposite him. Thats all I care about, Berrian gets solid YAC, spreads the field and can make big plays. Rice is a possession WR, who can work the middle of the field, he's big and a good red zone threat. These two compliment eachother well, whichever one becomes the #1 or #2 doesnt matter and really shouldnt matter.

secondly, 7 mil/yr isn't that bad when you look at what other WR's that aren't as good as Berrian are getting. didnt stallworth get like 5 mil? Davis got 4 freaking mil, at that rate, Berrian should get at least 8 mil per....the money isn't a big deal, the vikes needed a WR, they gave him a good contract, and hopefully he'll live up to it.

Jackson showed some vast improvement towards the end of last season. a 2nd year QB (first year starter), he was going to struggle. I laugh at people already tossing him to the curb thinking Jackson was suppose to be something amazing in his first 16 games starting.
crazyisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 01:35 AM    (permalink
Gatz
Rookie

Gatz is a cocksman.Gatz is a cocksman.Gatz is a cocksman.Gatz is a cocksman.Gatz is a cocksman.

Quote:
we sucked for two years. and the second year we won the last 6 games.
Gatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 01:50 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyisme View Post
Jackson showed some vast improvement towards the end of last season. a 2nd year QB (first year starter), he was going to struggle. I laugh at people already tossing him to the curb thinking Jackson was suppose to be something amazing in his first 16 games starting.
What do you define as 'vast' improvement? from 25% capable to 50% capable is a 100% increase. but still nowhere near a decent product.

I think he's garbage ATM. and will continue most of this season, but continue to look good with 8 people in the box defending the best run blocking line not from denver.

Really, if i were the vikings, i would be looking to draft fred davis. like. heavy and hard.

Old 03-03-2008, 01:51 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Fred Davis is garbage.
Old 03-03-2008, 02:05 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

Quote:
Fred Davis is garbage.
Not a first round pick. Duh. But, a solid pick imo. Mills is ok. I think davis has better upside to make an impact that'd actually matter for the vikes.

Old 03-03-2008, 02:07 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

We do need a TE. I just think Mills will be gone by the time we can afford to pick a TE.
Old 03-03-2008, 06:31 AM    (permalink
Meta4
Rookie

Meta4 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Actually before our 4-12 debacle that was the first losing season in the Favre era. Before you come on here sounding like a belligerent idiot you should get your facts straight. You sound bitter!

THE PACK IS BACK!
Meta4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 07:58 AM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Says a fan of a team who just traded for Troy Williamson.
At least I know what his faults are.

Oh! And older. Berrian is older, too.
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 08:17 AM    (permalink
litlharsh
Veteran

Quote:
At least I know what his faults are.

Oh! And older. Berrian is older, too.
Dear God..