Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-02-2008, 09:48 AM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Who is on the Chopping/Trading Block

Hey, I was wondering who is "on the chopping block" at what positions. So if you guys could post who is on the block at what position and on what team, that would be awesome.

Last edited by OSUGiants17 : 03-02-2008 at 09:51 AM.
OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 09:50 AM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just speculation, but I'm guessing Dewayne Robertson of the Jets will be cut if a trade partner isn't found before the draft. Don't see him as a Jet in 08-09 but this probably wouldn't happen for a while.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 09:53 AM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wouldnt teams have cut the players they didnt want anymore, before March 1st?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 09:55 AM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills2083 View Post
Wouldnt teams have cut the players they didnt want anymore, before March 1st?
There are gonna be some cuts commin after june.
Old 03-02-2008, 10:00 AM    (permalink
Young Legend
Veteran

Young Legend is a cocksman.Young Legend is a cocksman.Young Legend is a cocksman.Young Legend is a cocksman.

Mort Said that the bills could trade Lee Evans.
Old 03-02-2008, 10:03 AM    (permalink
Bearsfan123
Pro Bowler

Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bears lookin to trade Griese

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
Jimmy Buckets <3
Bearsfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 10:13 AM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzTitan View Post
Just speculation, but I'm guessing Dewayne Robertson of the Jets will be cut if a trade partner isn't found before the draft. Don't see him as a Jet in 08-09 but this probably wouldn't happen for a while.
His salary takes up a lot of the cap, but I don't think they'll cut him. If they can't trade him, they'll probably work him in a rotation at DL, possibly at DE, and definitely for pass rushing situations. I think they'll find a trade partner, DT seems to be a hot position this off season.
Old 03-02-2008, 10:17 AM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think they will too, actually. 3rd and a 5th seems to be the go. He may not get quite that though.

BTW, the June 1st cut is no longer as significant as I believe teams can now assign one or two veterans for cutting any time before June 1st but their cap hit is still prorated over the next two years. This was part of the prior CBA extension I believe.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 10:35 AM    (permalink
nvot9
All-Pro

Location: And it's not even that big of a deal, something like 8% of kids do it.
nvot9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimDris View Post
His salary takes up a lot of the cap, but I don't think they'll cut him. If they can't trade him, they'll probably work him in a rotation at DL, possibly at DE, and definitely for pass rushing situations. I think they'll find a trade partner, DT seems to be a hot position this off season.
Bingo..

I definitely don't see them cutting him, especially since they'd be trading him to help financially...cutting him wouldn't do that, they'd still have part of his contract affecting their cap I believe?

I'd say there's a strong possibility he can get a 3rd for him, he's really become a very good pass rushing DT, and I think Jets fans underrate him a little. I don't think he'll get what the other premier DT's are going for though, possibly he'll get a 4th and a 5th or a 4th and future pick, but I think a 3rd's a possibility.

Jets will not take McFadden...
nvot9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 10:50 AM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i want him to team with albert haynesworth
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 10:59 AM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenson86 View Post
i want him to team with albert haynesworth
That would be a scary interior line that leaves a scary hit on the cap.
Old 03-02-2008, 11:10 AM    (permalink
hugegmenfan
Pro Bowler

hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Legend View Post
why would the bills ever consider doing that?

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
hugegmenfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 11:30 AM    (permalink
Bluedevil$
Rookie

Bluedevil$ hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'd do D-Rob for a 3rd and a 5th in a heartbeat, but doubt there would be any takers for that price. I heard Denver could be interested.

If we can't trade him, reconstructing his contract is a must.
Bluedevil$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 11:38 AM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimDris View Post
That would be a scary interior line that leaves a scary hit on the cap.
Im sure if the Titans traded for him they'd make sure he'd restructure his contract before they traded for him.
Cashmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 11:39 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugegmenfan View Post
That's exactly what I was thinking. Makes no sense to me..
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 11:42 AM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Trading Lee Evans is probably one of the oddest things i have heard in a while. Why trade your ONLY WR???? It makes no sense. Unless you wanted to kill your passing game.
roidrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 11:46 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see the Jets trading Robertson for the same reasons they don't want him around either, that 13 million dollar cap charge. They're either going to bite the bullet by cutting him or keeping him around as a backup, but I don't see anyone taking that off their hands.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 12:02 PM    (permalink
Young Legend
Veteran

Young Legend is a cocksman.Young Legend is a cocksman.Young Legend is a cocksman.Young Legend is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugegmenfan View Post

He said it yesterday on SC..If the Bills get bryant Johnson they will consider trading Lee Evans..didnt make sense to me either..

I guess he is in his last year of his contract and the Bills dont think they can resign him..
Old 03-02-2008, 12:02 PM    (permalink
nvot9
All-Pro

Location: And it's not even that big of a deal, something like 8% of kids do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I don't see the Jets trading Robertson for the same reasons they don't want him around either, that 13 million dollar cap charge. They're either going to bite the bullet by cutting him or keeping him around as a backup, but I don't see anyone taking that off their hands.
Why not? Someone took Shaun Rogers of the Lions hands...

Old 03-02-2008, 12:04 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

Pacman is on the trading block BTW.
Cashmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 12:06 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvot9 View Post
I definitely don't see them cutting him, especially since they'd be trading him to help financially...cutting him wouldn't do that, they'd still have part of his contract affecting their cap I believe?
They'd be paying him the same amount of money whether they traded him or cut him.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 12:07 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvot9 View Post
Why not? Someone took Shaun Rogers of the Lions hands...
I haven't looked at Rogers contract, but I'm pretty sure that he's not on the bill for 13 million dollars next year.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 12:11 PM    (permalink
nvot9
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I haven't looked at Rogers contract, but I'm pretty sure that he's not on the bill for 13 million dollars next year.
Yea I know, that wasn't exactly my point. By the way, I googled and and just briefly saw it was like 6.5 million for Rogers? Most likely wrong, but yea...

I meant that someone took the chance on Rogers...what with the suspension last year, the bad attitude, the off the field problems (sexually assaulting a stripper, or accused of it at least), the laziness, the inconsistency, being out of shape etc. not necessarily that he's got a bad contract, but he's got a bad everything else.

Old 03-02-2008, 12:32 PM    (permalink
Thunder&Lightning
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
the bills would be insane if they even considered that...

Thunder&Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 12:46 PM    (permalink
Leon Sandcastle
Veteran

Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He said it yesterday on SC..If the Bills get bryant Johnson they will consider trading Lee Evans..didnt make sense to me either..

I guess he is in his last year of his contract and the Bills dont think they can resign him..
I wouldn't pay attention to Mort when talking about the Bills. He still has a vendetta against us for firing his good friend Tom Donahue.

The Bills want to re-sign both Lee Evans and Angelo Crowell but they're just waiting for the market to set themselves.
Leon Sandcastle is offline   Reply With Quote