Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-02-2008, 03:30 PM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler

SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
Adrian Peterson has more rushing yards and touchdowns in one year than Turner has in four years.

Sorry, had to say it. :)
wow. due to the fact that turner was behind LT, im not surprised
SimonRath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 03:31 PM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler

SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

FINALLY! great sign for us
Old 03-02-2008, 03:33 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alca1992 View Post
so does this end any chance of Dmac going in the top 3
Yeah good thing I didn't put him to atlanta in my mock.. i woulda had to gone back and change it.

good signing

other than coleman who else have they got?
Old 03-02-2008, 03:52 PM    (permalink
Komp
Veteran

Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.
Default harrrr

I'd like to say good signing but we haven't seen what Turner is made of really. I guess we will see if he can carry the load over a full season. You just can't predict how guys are going to perform. I am kind of curious why they did not give Norwood a shot at being the #1 back. Any Falcons fans want to clue me in, I don't want enough of the Falcons to have an opinion on Norwood.

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.
Komp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 03:56 PM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komp View Post
I'd like to say good signing but we haven't seen what Turner is made of really. I guess we will see if he can carry the load over a full season. You just can't predict how guys are going to perform. I am kind of curious why they did not give Norwood a shot at being the #1 back. Any Falcons fans want to clue me in, I don't want enough of the Falcons to have an opinion on Norwood.
Norwood isnt a full time back. hes really good when he shares the load but he prob doesnt have enough in him to get 20-25 carries per game
Old 03-02-2008, 04:00 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Jay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

I am sure it has been said about 94024024 times already but this should make Matt Ryan to Atlanta a virtual lock. I've already read that they are smitten with him, and considering their GM is coming from an area where not only was he able to watch Matt Ryan develop very closely, but he sees the value in having a big prototype style QB in the pocket.

Both would be GREAT moves by Atlanta...
Old 03-02-2008, 04:02 PM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler

no no no no no no no no no no no no no.
i do not want Matt Ryan. he's not that good. idk why everyones so high on him.

if we get a QB in the first round i'd rather trade down and get Brian Brohm
Old 03-02-2008, 04:02 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great signing for a great amount of money. I honestly expected seven million a year so I am very happy with this. I think this means Jake Long at four, I'm sure he wanted some insurance that offensive line would be a priority.

If not Jake Long then Glenn Dorsey.

Love this signing.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 04:03 PM    (permalink
DraftMichaelHuff
Veteran

DraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komp View Post
Well first of all Mike Smith has just come from a VERY successful two back system. When you look at Jerious Norwood he is 5"11 205lbs as well as blinding speed, he does run with some power and will be great value (originally being a 3rd round pick) but he certainly isnt the pounder that can get you 3 yards a cary consistanly when its 3rd and 2. Norwood is more like Reggie Bush (although not a #2 pick overall) he gets stuffed twice then gains 20 yards, then will get stuffed again then another big gain.

We needed a pounder to compliment that, a guy 230lbs plus but still moves like a running back. Sure, we could of waited till the draft but after Jon Stewart and Mandenhal no one really fits and with this many needs, you dont wanna use a 1st rounder on a running back. This way we got the PERFECT compliment (in terms of skillset) still keep our first rounder, pay less money than we would for a worse fit in McFadden at #3 and also have the bonus that the guy has the speed to take it the distance! And from what i have heard is of high character with very few (if any) baby-mamas lol
Old 03-02-2008, 04:05 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

i do not think ATL will go with ryan. I think dorsey might have a chance there. i also like the idea about trade back for brohm. i really do not think brohm has fallen that far on the draft board as people would let it out to be. what has brohm done to fall that far back???
roidrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 04:08 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great move. I really love how well they should be able to complement each other. The combo of Turner and Norwood is about as lightning and thunder as you can get.

In regards to the draft, I REALLY hope Jake Long drops to us.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 04:32 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.

I'm glad he went to the NFC, I wouldn't want to have to play him very often just because I like to see him do well...hopefully he doesn't dissapoint in Atlanta..
JK17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 04:40 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

nice pickup
Norwood
Turner
Dunn
Nice backfield

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 04:44 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think ATL is better off going with Jake Long, him and Blalock would mesh together, the backfield would be a good 1-2 punch, and any qb they draft in the 1st rd next year will be coming into an ideal situation with protection and weapons around him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 04:45 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
nice pickup
Norwood
Turner
Dunn
Nice backfield
This probably means that Dunn will be gone.
Old 03-02-2008, 04:47 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

id say they go after one of the NT's i think they are looking to get a jacksonville esque interior Dline
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 04:48 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A little risky to give $15 million guaranteed for a guy who has 1 start in his career, but he should work well in a rotation with norwood.

Last edited by 49ersfan_87 : 03-02-2008 at 05:34 PM.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 04:50 PM    (permalink
Young Nasty Man
Veteran

Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.

seems like the burner finally gets his shot to start in the Pros. Good for him and great for the falcons. A nice step forward for the falcons.

Via BoneKrusher
Young Nasty Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 05:23 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'm thinkin this could be a serious headline, and this will no doubt pull fans back into the stands. It's not super flashy, but a back that runs with his nasty demeanor and can still take it to the house, coupled with one of fastest and just plain shifty guys out there, it's going to be fun to watch. I honestly don't think we'll go with Ryan, look how our team is built...it's not built for a flashy QB, or one that goes out there and forces the ball, this team is being built for ball control. A Trent Dilfer type QB will be what they want here I'm thinking, someone who won't turn the ball over and will get the ball out of his hands to let the playmakers (Roddy, Norwood and Turner) make the plays.
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 05:38 PM    (permalink
#1chiefs_fan

great signing for the falcons. I guess thats bye bye to dunn.
a jets,oakland, or possibly a cowboy fan is very happy right now cuz they still have chance at mcfadden
Old 03-02-2008, 05:39 PM    (permalink
Eagles own the NFC East
Veteran

Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.

Good not great signing. IMO Turner could be a FA bust. Reasons for why he got his high yards per carry could have been because defense's were wore down from playing against LT all game and he had Lorenzo Neal as his fullback and running behind a good O-Line. He could pan out but I am just not sold on him yet.
Old 03-02-2008, 05:44 PM    (permalink
NIN1984
Pro Bowler

NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
I am sure it has been said about 94024024 times already but this should make Matt Ryan to Atlanta a virtual lock. I've already read that they are smitten with him, and considering their GM is coming from an area where not only was he able to watch Matt Ryan develop very closely, but he sees the value in having a big prototype style QB in the pocket.

Both would be GREAT moves by Atlanta...
I agree with this but at the same time I could see the Falcons target Jake Long with the #3 pick and than hope to land Henne or Flacco in the 2nd.
Old 03-02-2008, 06:16 PM    (permalink
FizzyFalcons
Rookie

FizzyFalcons hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Things are lookin good for Arthur again
FizzyFalcons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 06:29 PM    (permalink
RAZERSAINTS
Rookie

RAZERSAINTS hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

So this means no D-Mac and is Dunn going to be out?

Sick sig by Jackalope

LIFE IS HARD WHEN YOU ARE A SAINTS FAN
RAZERSAINTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 06:39 PM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by roidrunner View Post
i do not think ATL will go with ryan. I think dorsey might have a chance there. i also like the idea about trade back for brohm. i really do not think brohm has fallen that far on the draft board as people would let it out to be. what has brohm done to fall that far back???
I dont think Brohm has fallen much. i still like him more then Ryan but hes not worth #3 money. trading down will cost less and be better in my opinion