Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-02-2008, 07:01 PM    (permalink
Yung Flippa
Veteran

Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Damnit! ><, I was hoping he would come to Baltimore, but it's okay. Good Luck to him.

Baltimore: 7-4
Yung Flippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 07:05 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

WGR in Buffalo is now reporting this as well...
art vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 07:34 PM    (permalink
drmoyer421
Rookie

drmoyer421 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

http://www.wgr550.com/bills/fullstory.php?id=3102
drmoyer421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 08:15 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whats a 'tentative' agreement?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 08:17 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

GM: You wanna play in Buffalo?

Johnson: Yep, how much.

^tentative lol
Old 03-02-2008, 08:30 PM    (permalink
zoinks
Rookie

zoinks hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Anything to the rumor that this signing could allow the Bills to trade Lee Evans for a first-day pick, in lieu of letting him walk next year and getting nothing?
zoinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 08:32 PM    (permalink
Leon Sandcastle
Veteran

Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Bills public relations director didn't confirm or deny this which means it's pretty much inevitable.

Bryant Johnson is a definite upgrade over Josh Reed and Roscoe Parrish who are better in the slot then they are on the outside.

He has all the tools to become a pretty solid #2. He's steadily caught about 50 balls and 500 yards with the Cardinals behind Boldin and Fitzgerald. There's no reason he can't up his production to 65 catches, 700 yards and 5 TD's.

That's all I want from my #2 receiver. Don't forget that the Bills expect to give Marshawn Lynch more opportunities in the passing game and we plan on bringing in a pass threat at TE.
Leon Sandcastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 08:34 PM    (permalink
Leon Sandcastle
Veteran

Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoinks View Post
Anything to the rumor that this signing could allow the Bills to trade Lee Evans for a first-day pick, in lieu of letting him walk next year and getting nothing?
That rumor came from Chris Mortenson who tends to make things up. Actually profootballcentral.com just confirmed that the Bills are trying to re-sing Lee Evans and they want him in Buffalo.

Signing Bryant Johnson is to help Lee Evans not replace him.
Old 03-02-2008, 08:52 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoinks View Post
Quote:
"EVANS TRADE RUMOR IS FALSE:

There has been a lot of speculation that the Buffalo Bills are considering trading starting wide receiver Lee Evans. The speculation is just that, speculation; the Bills are nowhere near even thinking about trading the former Wisconsin star and are in the process of signing him to a multi-year deal according to several members of the Bills organization that I have spoken to."
http://www.profootballcentral.com/20...umor-is-false/

There's some info on that...

Last edited by art vandelay : 03-02-2008 at 08:55 PM.
Old 03-02-2008, 08:54 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

http://www.profootballcentral.com/20...ryant-johnson/

Quote:
Rumor: Bills Reportedly Will Sign WR Bryant Johnson

The Buffalo Bills have reportedly reached an agreement with free agent receiver Bryant Johnson. Johnson has played three years predominantly as a slot receiver for the Cardinals, frequently starting the game from the third receiver position. His 35 catches in 2003 was the third most receptions for a rookie (his teammate Anquan Boldin had the most receptions for a rookie that year)[1]. Johnson’s career has been hampered by several injuries, but has not appeared in less than 13 games in his three professional seasons. Stay tuned for confirmation on this report.
And here's some more information on Bryant Johnson...

Last edited by art vandelay : 03-02-2008 at 08:56 PM.
Old 03-02-2008, 10:16 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

urghhh.
http://www.billsdaily.com/news/index.shtml#030208

No Agreement With WR Johnson: There have been conflicting reports regarding free agent WR Bryant Johnson. A Phoenix radio station and Sirius NFL Radio originally reported the Bills had a tentative agreement with the receiver on a deal. The Bills told WGRZ that there is no truth to those reports. Johnson reportedly landed in Buffalo for his visit late this afternoon. Ben Troupe is now due in tomorrow. He was reportedly expected over the weekend. The Bills may turn to Troupe now that they lost out on Agle Crumpler.

Quote:
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Old 03-02-2008, 10:49 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

http://www.billsinsider.com/

News channel 4 in Buffalo just announced that the Buffalo Bills have come to terms with Cardinals WR Bryant Johnson. Johnson has played three years predominantly as a slot receiver for the Cardinals, frequently starting the game from the third receiver position. His 35 catches in 2003 was the third most receptions for a rookie (his teammate Anquan Boldin had the most receptions for a rookie that year). Johnson's career has been hampered by several injuries, but has not appeared in less than 13 games in his three professional seasons

Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-02-2008, 10:52 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've gotta admit, even though I'm not in love with this move, the Bills have had a really good offseason so far.

Who did they end up signing as their GM anyway?

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 10:59 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I've gotta admit, even though I'm not in love with this move, the Bills have had a really good offseason so far.

Who did they end up signing as their GM anyway?
We dont have a 'True' GM
We have 3 guys who work together.

I'm not getting excited though with the news about Johnson. I'm waiting for the Bills to announce it, before I do.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-02-2008, 11:02 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree very strong off season for the Bills, Bryant Johnson wont be anything special, but it makes Roscoe Parrish a little more dangerous in the slot who should get the ball alot more then he does with his playmaking ability...I felt Wilford would of been better then Johnson, but he is a realiable guy with good hands and thats all you can ask with a young qb...

And Im not sure Edwards has the weakest arm in the world, but he doesnt compare to a guy like losman or grossman when it comes to throwing the deep ball to somebody like Evans with his speed...They never even looked for that big play once he stepped in, maybe it was due to his learning curve, but I surely didnt see any huge bombs taking chances downfield with evans speed to stretch the defense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 11:06 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I agree very strong off season for the Bills, Bryant Johnson wont be anything special, but it makes Roscoe Parrish a little more dangerous in the slot who should get the ball alot more then he does with his playmaking ability...I felt Wilford would of been better then Johnson, but he is a realiable guy with good hands and thats all you can ask with a young qb...

And Im not sure Edwards has the weakest arm in the world, but he doesnt compare to a guy like losman or grossman when it comes to throwing the deep ball to somebody like Evans with his speed...They never even looked for that big play once he stepped in, maybe it was due to his learning curve, but I surely didnt see any huge bombs taking chances downfield with evans speed to stretch the defense.
Edwards has under-rated arm strength. I recall one play where he threw a perfect 50-60 yarder to Lee Evans down the sideline. He definitley has the arm strength. Schonert just has to call the right plays to allow us to stretch the field.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-02-2008, 11:09 PM    (permalink
Leon Sandcastle
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post

Trent Edwards connected on a couple of long bombs to Evans but after the Losman era there's a lot more than just throwing it up and hoping your guy comes up with the ball.

His long ball is something he can work on. He's already better than Losman and Grossman with accuracy and leading his receivers and he was a true rookie last year.
Old 03-02-2008, 11:39 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Now, according to WIVB, the Bills HAVE NOT signed Bryant Johnson.
Too many conflicting reports

Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-02-2008, 11:48 PM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think sometimes teams just like to keep it "unofficial" until they and the player are ready to make an announcement together. Get a press conference going, a jersey ready with his name, all that jazz.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 11:50 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Speaking of which, I went to the Bills website and saw that I can now get my Kawika Mitchell jersey. I bet those are selling like hotcakes.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 11:58 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Speaking of which, I went to the Bills website and saw that I can now get my Kawika Mitchell jersey. I bet those are selling like hotcakes.
I've ordered the away and home jerseys.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 12:48 AM    (permalink
gonzo1105
Veteran

gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

my guess on the situation is that Buffalo and Johnson have reached the parameters on the deal but are still working out minor kinks in the deal before they announce it officially. This is probably why it is tentative there is probably a couple of things in the contract that are holding it up but will probably be announced officially tomorrow. Or maybe they are waiting for Troupe to come into town and get him signed. Hey afterall, Troupe and Johnson have the same agent why do two pressers when you can do one with the same agent.
gonzo1105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 08:16 AM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

UPDATE: Russ Brandon on WGR in Buffalo just said that they are in "Phase 2" with Bryant Johnson but he is "not in the building." Interesting. Stay tuned for sure.
Old 03-03-2008, 08:28 AM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope this is true, that way the chances of the skins getting Hackett increase.
Old 03-03-2008, 08:53 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinzzfan25 View Post
Hackett is going to the Skins hopefully :)
nooo we want ocho or roy!!! but id be ok with dj too...though i do think bryant > dj

Last edited by DiG : 03-03-2008 at 12:52 PM.
DiG is offline   Reply With Quote