Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-03-2008, 07:17 PM    (permalink
TerribleEd
Rookie

TerribleEd hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I don't think you're going to find a single non-Steelers fan that will put Big Ben in Brady-Manning territory. I wouldn't even put him in Carson Palmer territory.

But hey..it's the way it goes. Better to keep a good quarterback for too much money than be the Bears and spend 80 years looking for one.
He is not in Brady-Manning territory, I'll give you that. But not in Carson Palmer territory? You obviously don't watch Big Ben play enough. Those that see him play more often than you do, know he's got that "it" factor that Carson doesn't have - Ben's a gamer, a winner, and leaves it all on the field.
TerribleEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 07:57 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Big ben is one of my favorites quarterback, and i thnk it was a good move by the steelers, locking up a franchise player only getting better every year. Having a quarterback locked up, and building up a team around him, only thing is like bearfan said hopefully he doesnt get seriously hurt, but overall good sign for steelers

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 09:15 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 View Post
If he gets hurt...they don't have a dime to allocate their money to strengthen other spots.

I honestly hope we don't shell out over $30 million for ANY player.
So if your franchise qb expects that because thats where the market is, you just scrap him in the middle of his 20's for cap room? I gotta feeling Eli will be receiving a contract very similiar, and no one will be complaining about overpaying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 12:40 AM    (permalink
steel man
DC GFX Team
Veteran

steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

as a Steeler fan i have watched us go through "slash", Mike Tomzack, Neal "paid off" O'donnell, Tommy Maddox, and others ever since Terry Bradshaw left and we have won the most game of any NFL team for decades with these no names, and now we have an elite franchise QB.......i do not care what they pay him as long as we keep him. he has won us a super bowl, set a record for win to start a career that no one will EVER break (he won 14 straight to start his career) he set a team record for TD's and now that Cowher is gone and they let him open up the O he proved he could do anything that any other QB can do......so i am happy and do not think he is over paid and i think he will get even better. so we are set for a long time and he even wants to retire as a Steeler so we have a GREAT QB for years to come.

Matthew 19:26
Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but With God ALL things are possible
steel man is offline   Reply With Quote