Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Which signging/re-signing/trade was the best?
Derek Anderson-Cleveland Browns (3 years-26 million, 14.5 million guaranteed) 7 6.31%
Lance Briggs- Chicago Bears (6 years-36 million, 12 million guaranteed) 24 21.62%
Alan Faneca- New York Jets (5 years-40 million, 21 million guaranteed) 5 4.50%
Jonathan Vilma- New Orleans Saints (multiple picks) 26 23.42%
One of the defensive tackles (say which) 2 1.80%
Randy Moss- New England Patriots (3 years-27 million) 24 21.62%
Asante Samuel- Philadelphia Eagles (6 years-57 million, 32 million in first three seasons) 9 8.11%
Michael Turner- Atlanta Falcons (6 years- 34.5 million, 15 million guaranteed) 14 12.61%
Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-03-2008, 09:12 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually really like Odom signing with the Bengals the best.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's Moss or Briggs. Two elite players who didn't get paid like the market would suggest.
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd have to say the bears re-signing Lance Briggs for only 36 Million with 12 Garunteed is the best Signing so far. Followed by the patriots re-signing Randy Moss.
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 09:14 PM    (permalink
hugegmenfan
Pro Bowler

hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I totally agree with JoeyJr. Assuming Vilma is healthy and his injury turns out well, he was a total steal for the Saints. For a 3rd or 4th round conditional pick? thats incredible. Vilma is a great MLB...in a 4-3 system. He did not work well with Mangini but people forget he was defensive rookie of the year and was an animal before Mangini came. He is still very young and I think he will be a very good player for the Saints

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
hugegmenfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 09:16 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Briggs was the best player for the money by far. Vilma is he plays to expectations.

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 09:16 PM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

I would have to say Vilma was the best sign. Not just becoause im a Saints fan but I think for the price we paid we got a steal.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
SaintsFanForLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 09:20 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I say Moss because the Pats would have been Hurting bad if he were to sign somewhere else. The Briggs deal is a close second for me with Samuel my third. CB wasn't exactly this big of a need, but if the Eagles keep all of theirs, it won't be a need for a long, long time. This would be much lower on the list if it weren't for Samuel being the best player in the FA market. Briggs going back to the Bears is second because the Bears, whether they beleive it or not, need Briggs, and as it turned out Briggs needed the Bears. Their system is truly what fits him best, and the Bears keep him for a while. Moss is first for many reasons. The Pats lost sooo much in this FA period, that losing Moss would have been a big blow. I wouldn't say it would cripple them, but it might have given them a gimp. :) Moss was the second best player available in FA, by a very close margin, and fitted on of the seamingly biggest needs on their team. If this signing were not to have happened, Wes Welker would not be able to make the plays he made this year. Don't get me wrong, Welker would have been productive, but we certainly would have seen a major drop in stats from this past year.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 09:22 PM    (permalink
jetsfan0099
Rookie

jetsfan0099 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think Faneca was, because I think he could make the greatest impact. The Jets needed to make this move, to help out Ferguson and Mangold. It could now form one of the best left sides of a OL in the NFL.
jetsfan0099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 09:39 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lance Briggs . . . they gave him the least amount of guaranteed money, and an annual salary of just 6 mil.

Pretty good deal if you ask me.

But let's not underestimate the Lions signing of Michael Gaines . . . hahahahaha
Old 03-03-2008, 10:11 PM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran

eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.

I have to say that the jets are looking good with their offseason this far
eaglesfan_45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 10:13 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

umm Briggs...he received 6 years $36M one year of high production and another pro bowl after we offered him 6 years $36M last year
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 10:13 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My choice wasnt up there, im going with Dante Stallworth, because he makes alot of guys job so much easier even without doing anything, and he was alot cheaper then Berrian who does virtually the same things...Braylon and Winslow should flourish, and you have to respect stallworths speed, Anderson has the arm to get the ball to these guys as well, I think he can make a huge difference in their offense...

If I had to go with a choice I really like Turner to ATL, perfect compliment to Norwood, he fits the ZBS great and can also take it the distance, and assures they dont have to spend an early pick on a rb...Great fit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 10:18 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lance Briggs.
The Bears signed him for cheap. I was expecting him to get $8 or $9 million a season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 11:41 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I voted the Vilma trade for the Saints. It was an area of considerable need for a long time, and to finally address it with what is hopefully a healthy Jonathan Vilma, I think is a great acquisition. The impact he can have for that team is well worth the value.

Based on actual FA, and not a trade, i'd say Briggs, which i never would have though would happen based on last season. All i had heard was about how he wouldn't return and how he was going to be getting a monster contract, so to actually resign him and get it at a very reasonable price given his past performance and market factors, i think they got great value.

Faneca is a nice pickup, and his value will come more from how he helps the two guys beside him than just what he does as an upgrade at his position. I definitely think he was worth the money, and although his contract is larger than Briggs, the 'value' that comes with the signing to the overall offensive line stability it may provide may be equal to Briggs. However, due to the uncertainty of not knowing if it really will be the factor that helps Mangold and D’Brick break out, its hard to be certain, so i give the edge to Briggs because you know what your getting and what he can do for that defense.

Not a huge fan of the Samuel contract, and Turner is an unproven commodity as a starter, so they are harder to gauge at this point
Moss is a nice signing. We know what he and Brady can do together already so there is no doubt that maintaining that combination is huge for the Patriots team/offense. Doesn't really matter if its a higher per year contract, they need to be accounted for. Lets hope (well, i'll hope the opposite) that him not being on a one year contract doesn't let him settle for being average again. I don't see that happening, but its worth noting.

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 11:53 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

I choose Michael Turner based on potential. He's got a chance to be a main reason why the franchise could turn around and if he puts up big numbers it's a nice contract for Atlanta.

Bosanac01
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 11:56 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

add big ben on there!

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 12:50 AM    (permalink
MasterShake
Rookie

MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
But he averages 15.1 per reception, he doesn't have to be the #1 reciever and he has only been that once, at philly where he would've gotten 1,000 if he hadn't gotten injured.
Bingo! Story of his career...
MasterShake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 01:32 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No Bernard Berrian or Madieu Williams?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 01:35 AM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

ha...Williams got WAYYY too much money...and Berrian did too...
JagHombre22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 02:10 AM    (permalink
skiinginNJ
Rookie

skiinginNJ hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.skiinginNJ hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

justin tuck........oops
skiinginNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 06:57 AM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the Stroud to Bills move personally, but in terms of value it's got to be Briggs.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 07:01 AM    (permalink
Meta4
Rookie

Meta4 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

For the price the Bears retained Briggs for I would say the Briggs signing was the best thus far.

THE PACK IS BACK!
Meta4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 09:36 AM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't believe Cleveland gave Anderson that much in guarantees...but after this season it could be a very tradeable contract, which is probably what they were looking for, so in that sense, it could be the best overall signing. For overall value though, I'd have to go with either of the trades. Vilma and Stroud could make very large impacts on their new teams provided they come back at 100%.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 09:49 AM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
No love for Tommy Kelly?
lol i think that won the worsting signing
Briggs or Asante, i went with Asante
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 11:39 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Briggs for the money. Moss for the player.

Its real close between those 2. Briggs was a great move. And they got him for cheap. Moss is Moss. The greatest deep threat in NFL history. And he only got 3 mill more than Berrian's overrated ass.

Id give a slight edge to Moss, because i think he impacts the game more than Briggs does, but its close.