Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-26-2007, 10:28 AM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hey so all my old post say that my username is neko4 which it is not and i have the quote at the bottom of my post that i def did not put there. steelers fan not a patriots fan. how do i fix that??

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 10:29 AM    (permalink
nhlkdog411
Veteran

nhlkdog411 is a cocksman.nhlkdog411 is a cocksman.nhlkdog411 is a cocksman.nhlkdog411 is a cocksman.nhlkdog411 is a cocksman.

yeah i have the same problem..all of my posts later on say they are by some guy named kevman
nhlkdog411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 10:30 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terribletowel39 View Post
hey so all my old post say that my username is neko4 which it is not and i have the quote at the bottom of my post that i def did not put there. steelers fan not a patriots fan. how do i fix that??
I would imagine you edit your signature.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 10:32 AM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots-Lions View Post
I would imagine you edit your signature.
okay so i think i fixed the signature problem, what about the other one??
Old 02-26-2007, 10:33 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Are the post counts close to normal now?
It appears that they are. Nice work
Old 02-26-2007, 10:33 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know, where does it say that your posts are from someone else?
Old 02-26-2007, 10:40 AM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

Quote:
I don't know, where does it say that your posts are from someone else?
like all my old posts. if i go back and look where i used to post, it says neko4 and not terribletowel39. for instance the last page of the steelers thread.
Old 02-26-2007, 10:42 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

Oh, not sure on that one.
Old 02-26-2007, 10:42 AM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

Quote:
Oh, not sure on that one.
oh well it is fixed now. thanks for the help.
Old 02-26-2007, 10:53 AM    (permalink
steelersfan43
Pro Bowler

steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When I hit go advanced from quick reply and it gives the preview, it shows my old gears of war sig. Not really a problem but its kinda weird. maybe the sig you had during the switch is burned to you forever!!!!
steelersfan43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 10:55 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Me too . . . I got my old sig back temporarily . . . it's saved on my other computer, and haven't got it back yet.
Old 02-26-2007, 10:56 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

All sigs from the old forums were transfered. I had to go into Edit Signature, hit enter, and my old one is back. Yay!
Old 02-26-2007, 11:08 AM    (permalink
frogstomp

What does the buddy list do? I added myself, but I still don't feel happier.
Old 02-26-2007, 11:50 AM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

Scott, I don't know if any other Mac users are having this problem, but when I use the default web browser (Safarai) and I use the back button any time after i log in, 50% of the time it brings me back to the log in screen.
Old 02-26-2007, 11:57 AM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexDown View Post
Scott, I don't know if any other Mac users are having this problem, but when I use the default web browser (Safarai) and I use the back button any time after i log in, 50% of the time it brings me back to the log in screen.
does safari handle cookies in an odd way?
njx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 12:25 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
does safari handle cookies in an odd way?
I really am not sure about this. I never had a problem once logging in with the old forum no matter how many pages I went back. It is probably something that my web browser is doing wrong rather then the site I am just now realizing.

I know you don't use macs, but do you know anything I might be able to do?
Old 02-26-2007, 12:27 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have an issue with the way the forum does quotes. I tried to quote a message in a post, and it wouldn't include the "quote of a quote" with it. I had to go back and multi-quote it. Mildly inconvenient, but it would be nice if we could quote all prior posts, including their quotes...

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 12:46 PM    (permalink
steelersfan43
Pro Bowler

steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

^That is with all vbulliten forums, it makes sense because you are only responding to the last message so it just cuts down the page length.
steelersfan43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 12:48 PM    (permalink
FlutiesDropKick
Pro Bowler

FlutiesDropKick hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.FlutiesDropKick hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelersfan43 View Post
^That is with all vbulliten forums, it makes sense because you are only responding to the last message so it just cuts down the page length.
yes but sometimes looking back at previous quotes is kinda important even though those massive quotes are frustrating and casue headaches

Sig thanks to VLS

My BC Iggles. (13-4)
FlutiesDropKick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 12:49 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexDown View Post
I really am not sure about this. I never had a problem once logging in with the old forum no matter how many pages I went back. It is probably something that my web browser is doing wrong rather then the site I am just now realizing.

I know you don't use macs, but do you know anything I might be able to do?
i don't know enough about safari, unfortunately...

"It is resolved by enabling the option for Secure Web Proxy (HTTPS) and entering secure proxy server name and port provided by ISP under network setting." - this has apparently resolved other similar issues, though i've no idea how or why.

does it work with firefox? rumor has it safari is about the worst option these days for browsing on a mac.
Old 02-26-2007, 12:56 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I use safari and I have no problems. I have Firefox for "just in case" kind of things.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 12:59 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Personally I like that. It got a little aggrivating seeing the same quotes ten times in a single post.

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Scott Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 01:06 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Personally I like that. It got a little aggrivating seeing the same quotes ten times in a single post.
Quote:
BUT THIS IS HARD TO FIGURE OUT!!!
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 01:12 PM    (permalink
FlutiesDropKick
Pro Bowler

FlutiesDropKick hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.FlutiesDropKick hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

just wanted to point out if you go back into older threads the multi-quote is still there so obviously it is possible to code it somehow.

Sig thanks to VLS

My BC Iggles. (13-4)
FlutiesDropKick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 01:14 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

there's a multi-quote button right next to the quote button. it says multi-qupote if you hover on it and it has a "+ image on it.

can i suggest that, in the future, rather than not finding something in the exact same place it used to be, people spend 20 ******s trying to find it before they complain about it not-existing?