Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > NFC North Division Forum

NFC North Division Forum Discuss the NFC North

Old 04-12-2008, 05:29 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Schaub actually showed sth promising before u got sth for it. U wanna tell me anyone would go out there and just throw a First Round pick at the packers for Brohm who is ranked as a 2nd rounder?

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 05:38 AM    (permalink
Packman1957
Veteran

Packman1957 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
Packman, you have heard of this special thing called a salary cap, right? First round QBs are not something you keep as backups, because by the time they develop, you either pay them a crapload of money to warm a bench while the franchise QB takes the field, or you let them go for either nothing in FA or way less in a trade. It's just not economically sound, espeically when a veteran FA is a much safer choice to produce in the short term for what we need.
See I disagree with you, I don't think you're right. Our QB is not your average QB though, Aaron Rodgers is not durable what so ever. Every time he has entered the game for the past two seasons he has gotten hurt. As a GM you would be nuts to just ignore the problem and move on, or sign some below average backup because the past tells us that it is likely this could happen again.

And what veteran FA do you suggest than. I would like to hear, because there is no one available right now that would help our team significantly if Aaron Rodgers goes down. Brohm is leaps ahead of all the FA's available right now.

All I am saying is I think it makes sense, it doesn't mean its going to happen. I guess I wouldn't mind if we traded for a proven backup who has legit NFL experience. But I tell you right now there are no FA's that are going to help this team if Aaron Rodgers goes down. We will have to settle with inevitable 6-10 or worse if that happens.
Old 04-12-2008, 05:41 AM    (permalink
Packman1957
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renji View Post
Schaub actually showed sth promising before u got sth for it. U wanna tell me anyone would go out there and just throw a First Round pick at the packers for Brohm who is ranked as a 2nd rounder?

Did I ever say any team would go out and throw a first rounder in there? No I didn't but if they see what they like out of Brohm, and they don't have a QB on there team I don't see why we could at least get something like a mid-late 1st for him.
Old 04-12-2008, 05:51 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packman1957 View Post
See I disagree with you, I don't think you're right. Our QB is not your average QB though, Aaron Rodgers is not durable what so ever. Every time he has entered the game for the past two seasons he has gotten hurt. As a GM you would be nuts to just ignore the problem and move on, or sign some below average backup because the past tells us that it is likely this could happen again.

And what veteran FA do you suggest than. I would like to hear, because there is no one available right now that would help our team significantly if Aaron Rodgers goes down. Brohm is leaps ahead of all the FA's available right now.

All I am saying is I think it makes sense, it doesn't mean its going to happen. I guess I wouldn't mind if we traded for a proven backup who has legit NFL experience. But I tell you right now there are no FA's that are going to help this team if Aaron Rodgers goes down. We will have to settle with inevitable 6-10 or worse if that happens.
yea, so after Drafting Manning, the Colts shouldve drafted someone else in the first round, just for insurance policy. I mean seriously, its not like ur team is perfect. And get off ARod's (:D) nuts. He hasnt started 1 single game yet. So why draft a QB in the first if u have other wholes?

Btw, u wont see a team giving u a first rounder for a rookie QB that hasnt started a game yet. U just simply wont.

Old 04-12-2008, 03:57 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
See I disagree with you, I don't think you're right. Our QB is not your average QB though, Aaron Rodgers is not durable what so ever. Every time he has entered the game for the past two seasons he has gotten hurt.
He's had some bad luck with injuries. They weren't avoidable injuries. Saying "Our QB is not your average QB" is dumb becuase anyone in those situations would have had the same thing. Not even Brett Favre could have made it through the ankle injury against the Patriots. Aaron's a pretty tough guy himself too. Both of those injuries he had he finished out the game. Last year he was out the rest of the year after the Dallas game, but he could have easily come back two weeks after. He was the backup and would have only played in garbage time anyway so we didn't bother bringing him back and risking our future franchise QB in a meaningless game.

Quote:
Huge difference. To get Brohm we'd spend a first, to get a FA wouldn't take any pick.

Quote:
All I am saying is I think it makes sense
No it doesn't.
Quote:
it doesn't mean its going to happen.
Right, because there's no way in hell it does.

Quote:
But I tell you right now there are no FA's that are going to help this team if Aaron Rodgers goes down. We will have to settle with inevitable 6-10 or worse if that happens.
So? What's your point? That's how it works. Lose your starting QB and that's what happens. If Peyton Manning goes down the Colts are in the same situation same with New England, Dallas, New York, New Orleans, San Diego, Pittsburgh, etc.
Old 04-12-2008, 05:54 PM    (permalink
Packman1957
Veteran

Quote:
yea, so after Drafting Manning, the Colts shouldve drafted someone else in the first round, just for insurance policy. I mean seriously, its not like ur team is perfect. And get off ARod's (:D) nuts. He hasnt started 1 single game yet. So why draft a QB in the first if u have other wholes?

Btw, u wont see a team giving u a first rounder for a rookie QB that hasnt started a game yet. U just simply wont.
And what is Mannings starting streak at...I forgot wasn't it going over 100? Very good point...not! Manning's one of the most durable QB's in the league right now...hence why he doesn't really need a great backup.

Rodgers got injured his rookie year in the Baltimore game, got injured in against New England Patriots last year, got injured against Dallas. And this is all in very limited action, and you want to compare to this to Peyton Manning....you gotta be kidding me.
Old 04-12-2008, 06:05 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Yea, whats with Brees? Or Brady? Or Garrard? Or Romo? Or Hasselbeck? Or Bulger? Does anyone have a 1st Round pick behind him?

When u usually have a 1st Round Pick QB, u should let him start a game before u think about drafting the next 1st Round QB.
Way to avoid GB12s argument too ;)

Besides what i was referring to was that u dont draft a 1st Round QB as an insurance. I never said the Colts should draft one today. I said, that after ur logic, the Colts shouldve drafted another 1st Round QB cause u never know what couldve happened to him after the 1st season...

Nice try though.....not

Last edited by Gay Ork Wang : 04-12-2008 at 06:09 PM.
Old 04-12-2008, 06:52 PM    (permalink
Packman1957
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12
He's had some bad luck with injuries. They weren't avoidable injuries.
Bad Luck. Right, so you're going to take that route aren't you...bad luck...LOL. Yup I guess bad luck is getting injured 3 times in each season in limited action. Yup thats bad luck alright.

Quote:
Saying "Our QB is not your average QB" is dumb becuase anyone in those situations would have had the same thing
Anyone would have had the same thing three times in a row. That is such a weak response, I am not going even respond too that. So I guess we blame this on bad luck. Well you better start praying nightly than that Aaron Rodgers gets some good luck. Please do that for us will you...

Quote:
Not even Brett Favre could have made it through the ankle injury against the Patriots.
Yup you know it all.

Quote:
Aaron's a pretty tough guy himself too.
I don't doubt Aaron Rodgers toughness at all actually, not all injuries can be toughed out though. Even if he's got Favre's Toughness which is probably tops in all of sports. Does not mean you can come in and play with a broken leg, its impossible.

Quote:
Both of those injuries he had he finished out the game. Last year he was out the rest of the year after the Dallas game, but he could have easily come back two weeks after.
He didn't injure himself in the Dallas game, what are you talking about? He injured himself in the 2-minute drill in the practice that following week. So again you're wrong. God I don't remember the New England game, he finished out that game, but the Packers were getting smoked, and its not like New England was going to balls to the wall anyway.

Quote:
He was the backup and would have only played in garbage time anyway so we didn't bother bringing him back and risking our future franchise QB in a meaningless game.[/qoute]

But what happens now that he is the starter. He's no longer Favre's backup we need him to play every game possible. And I am afraid to say I doubt the fact that he can, its not a knock on him. It's just his injury history. If he didn't have any injury history, believe me we wouldn't be debating this right now.

[qoute]Huge difference. To get Brohm we'd spend a first, to get a FA wouldn't take any pick.
OK than what Free Agent do you suggest than? I would love to hear it, and I will be ready to debate any player you mention on that list. Brohm is way better than any FA we could get.

Quote:
No it doesn't.
Yes it does, but you can pretend it doesn't if you want.

Right, because there's no way in hell it does.

Yes it actually could happen, I am not saying it will but it could...so your open your mind up a little. Instead of being so narrow minded.

Quote:
So? What's your point? That's how it works. Lose your starting QB and that's what happens.
LOL now your not making any sense. You're contradicting your whole argument which is we don't need a good backup QB (because there aren't any in FA). So if Aaron Rodgers goes down which is quite likely, we go down with him. Good point.

[qoute]If Peyton Manning goes down the Colts are in the same situation[/qoute]

How long is Peyton Manning's starting streak....oh yeah 157 games. But yeah you'd be right otherwise. Way to put the most durable QB in the league as an example, that makes a lot of sense.

Quote:
New England
Here we go again. Tom Brady, another very very durable QB. How many games has he missed?

Quote:
Dallas
How many games has Tony Romo missed? Oh yeah none. Also who is his backup. Brad Johnson is a better backup than anyone in FA top that off.

Quote:
New York
Jets or Giants? Fine i'll do both.

Jets have both Pennington and a reliable guy Kellen Clemens. That's pretty good IMO.

Giants have Manning who has missed a few games. But still pretty durable. They were smart though and they went out and picked up David Carr in FA. So they did address there need with a guy who has quite a bit of NFL experience.

Quote:
New Orleans
How many games has Brees missed lately. Absolutely none. Plus he's got at least an adequate NFL backup in Mark Brunell. But again Brees hasn't missed any game as a Saint so what is your point?

Quote:
San Diego
Phillip Rivers has been pretty durable, but he even when he is gone Billy Volek is one of the best backups in the league.

Quote:
Pittsburgh
Big Ben misses a few games here and there, not many though. He missed two games in the last two seasons, whoop de ding.

So what is your point. You proved absolutely nothing there at all to help your case. Nice Argument.

Last edited by Packman1957 : 04-12-2008 at 07:42 PM.
Packman1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 06:56 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

seriously, change all the qoutes to quotes, id would make it easier to read that crap

btw u make it sound like Aaron Rodgers is going down with a serious injury everytime he is hit. And Brohm is not better than any veteran, as far as i know he could turn out to be the next Leaf or Kyle Boller...
He hasnt started a game yet, so why would u think he is better than any veteran?

Last edited by Gay Ork Wang : 04-12-2008 at 07:00 PM.
Old 04-12-2008, 07:03 PM    (permalink
Packman1957
Veteran

Quote:
Yea, whats with Brees? Or Brady? Or Garrard? Or Romo? Or Hasselbeck? Or Bulger? Does anyone have a 1st Round pick behind him?

When u usually have a 1st Round Pick QB, u should let him start a game before u think about drafting the next 1st Round QB.
Way to avoid GB12s argument too ;)

Besides what i was referring to was that u dont draft a 1st Round QB as an insurance. I never said the Colts should draft one today. I said, that after ur logic, the Colts shouldve drafted another 1st Round QB cause u never know what couldve happened to him after the 1st season...

Nice try though.....not
You just don't get it do you. Did I avoid GB12's argument....oh yeah I didn't.

As for Brees, Brady, Garrard, Romo, Hasselbeck, and Bulger almost every one of them at least has a proven backup behind them (Bulger has Trent Green behind him now, Jaguars picked up a legit backup in Cleo Lemon)...I don't whether you figured it out or not but who do the Packers have...no one. The one's that don't have a good backup are very durable (Brady, Romo, Brees). So again what is your argument.

Did Manning ever have injury histories at all that the Colts had to worry about? No not at all...Aaron Rodgers has had an injury history ever since college (not sure about high school). You keep digging yourself in a deeper hole. You should of just stuck to NFL Europe league, because you don't know much about NFL football (and i'm being nice when I say that too).

Next time do some research before opening your yap, instead of making me respond to your dumb posts.
Old 04-12-2008, 07:07 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

As for Brees, Brady, Garrard, Romo, Hasselbeck, and Bulger almost every one of them at least has a proven backup behind them (Bulger has Trent Green behind him now, Jaguars picked up a legit backup in Cleo Lemon)...I don't whether you figured it out or not but who do the Packers have...no one. The one's that don't have a good backup are very durable (Brady, Romo, Brees). So again what is your argument.

Did Manning ever have injury histories at all that the Colts had to worry about? No not at all...Aaron Rodgers has had an injury history ever since college (not sure about high school). You keep digging yourself in a deeper hole. You should of just stuck to NFL Europe league, because you don't know much about NFL football (and i'm being nice when I say that too).

Next time do some research before opening your yap, instead of making me respond to your dumb posts.
You should just not follow football sir. NFL europe doesn't exist anymore ;)

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 07:08 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Wow, u do realize they are all human and every human is mortal? No but Manning and Brady will never get injured sure, they dont need Backups ;)

Old 04-12-2008, 07:11 PM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Maybe you should do some research, as Woot said, NFL Europe doesn't exist anymore.
BrownsTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 07:13 PM    (permalink
Packman1957
Veteran

Quote:
btw u make it sound like Aaron Rodgers is going down with a serious injury everytime he is hit.
Well thats pretty much what has happened unfortunately. Why do you think he fell to the Packers at no. 24, it was injury concerns. I don't quesiton his talent at all. I question his durability.

Quote:
And Brohm is not better than any veteran, as far as i know he could turn out to be the next Leaf or Kyle Boller...
Any pick is capable of busting so what is your point, and yeah I think Brohm will be good at the next level, and if he was there at #30 he would most likely be the BPA IMO.

Brohm not better than veteran? I disagree completely. IMO no veterans that are available even touch Brohm.

Quote:
He hasnt started a game yet, so why would u think he is better than any veteran?
Did you even bother looking at the current FA list? There is no one that will help our team if Aaron Rodgers goes down. The only way we can pick up a legit backup is through trade. And I am not sure any team is looking to just toss there QB away for a cheap price. J.P. Losman is the exception, but even than he has a cocky attitude that I don't really care for, so I am not sure he would fit in GB. As for A.J. Feeley, I wouldn't mind him, but his play in Miami was very average, and I am not sure how good he is. He has played pretty well in Philly though.

P.S. if you wanna give me -REP which I can tell you are doing, that is fine. I'll take it as a complement because that is a sign you're losing the argument, and you are bothered by my comments.

Last edited by Packman1957 : 04-12-2008 at 07:15 PM.
Old 04-12-2008, 07:13 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Packers should trade for Chris Simms.
Old 04-12-2008, 07:15 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only way the Vikings lose the NFC North is if the Packers trade for the immortal Sage Rosenfels.
Old 04-12-2008, 07:17 PM    (permalink
Packman1957
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownsTown View Post
Maybe you should do some research, as Woot said, NFL Europe doesn't exist anymore.
Duhhhhhhhh. I was saying it as a joke. I hope you figured that out.

Last edited by Packman1957 : 04-12-2008 at 07:21 PM.
Old 04-12-2008, 07:19 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

My point is that u guys dont need to spent a first rounder on a QB. Why the hell would u do that?
No veteran there? **** happens, draft a QB later.
The Problem with the bust is that QBs bust a lot more, they demand alot more money, why the **** would u pay for 2 QBs when u basically have alot bigger holes at say OT or CB. They whole thing is that u try to defend urself with really bad arguments about drafting another first round QB. Should the Cardinals draft another one? Seems like Leinart couldnt stay healthy. Maybe the Titans too, VY was injured for a couple of games. OMGZZZZZ!!!

BTW learn how to spell qUOte...Its UO

Old 04-12-2008, 07:20 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Theres a few FA's id rather spend a little bit of money on than Brian Brohm who i would have to spend 1st or 2nd round money on.

Aaron Brooks- Mike McCarthy coached the guy for a year (Aaron's rookie) so while its only one year, its one more year than hes coached Brohm. Apparently Brooks did workout for us, but wasnt signed so we may not go with him, but Brooks was at one point a proven starter.

Daunte Culpepper- I believe he's still out there. Injury prone, but whats the chance they both get hurt.

Tim Rattay- Would be a nice fit in our offense. I believe he was also coached for a year by McCarthy.

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 07:22 PM    (permalink
Packman1957
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa 2 4 life View Post
The Packers should trade for Chris Simms.
I actually am OK with a trade, but not Chris Simms. Another injury prone guy who hasn't done much.
Old 04-12-2008, 07:23 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
My point is that u guys dont need to spent a first rounder on a QB. Why the hell would u do that?
The Problem with the bust is that QBs bust a lot more, they demand alot more money, why the **** would u pay for 2 QBs when u basically have alot bigger holes at say OT or CB. They whole thing is that u try to defend urself with really bad arguments about drafting another first round QB. Should the Cardinals draft another one? Seems like Leinart couldnt stay healthy. Maybe the Titans too, VY was injured for a couple of games. OMGZZZZZ!!!

BTW learn how to spell qUOte...Its UO

Yeah, and while ive become a bit of a fan for Jarrett Bush, he ceraintly didnt play good this year and Al and Charles are in their 30's. Atari Bigby looked average until the playoffs. Tauscher and Clifton are getting older, and while we have alot of young linemen, we cant tell if any are getting better. KGB is getting older and we could use someone to take his place one day. Poppinga and Chillar will have to fight for a job but i dont know about either of them

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 07:25 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I actually am OK with a trade, but not Chris Simms. Another injury prone guy who hasn't done much.

Okay, First of all Injury Prone? A fluke injury where a guy has to get his Spleen Removed with no other health problems doesn't make a guy Injury Prone. He basically led us to a Playoff Birth after Griese went down in '06, so yes, he has done much, plus he's young enough where if Rodgers goes down he can start for a year or two.
Old 04-12-2008, 07:30 PM    (permalink
Packman1957
Veteran

Quote:
The Problem with the bust is that QBs bust a lot more, they demand alot more money, why the **** would u pay for 2 QBs when u basically have alot bigger holes at say OT or CB. OMGZZZZZ!!!
Big holes at OT and CB? Those are not BIG holes by any means. We are not looking for a starter this year. True we need depth I won't deny that. But for CB, i'd be happy with a guy like Antwuan Molden in the 2nd. We can get OT, in the 2nd or 3rd as well. Clifton and Tauscher still have a few years left in them, but yeah we need a developmental guy for sure.

Quote:
They whole thing is that u try to defend urself with really bad arguments about drafting another first round QB. Should the Cardinals draft another one? Seems like Leinart couldnt stay healthy. Maybe the Titans too, VY was injured for a couple of games.
Really bad arguments. Yup ok. Comment back on each one of them please. As for the Cardinals, who does Leinart have behind him. Oh yeah Kurt Warner.

Man, its not that I want a 1st round QB, there is nothing left to pick away at in free agency. If there were a legit free agent QB available, I would say sign him in a heartbeat. So trading for one and drafting one high seems like the only other option. As for the idea of a mid-late round prospect, do you really think he is going to be able contribute immediately, guys like Colt Brennan, Josh Johnson, etc... are not going to be able to do that unfortunately.

Last edited by Packman1957 : 04-12-2008 at 07:33 PM.
Old 04-12-2008, 07:32 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kurt Warner is is injury prone. I guess according to you they should but him because he could get injured.
Old 04-12-2008, 07:34 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

JDB?

Seriously dont be so cocky and think because the team stays the same at the other positions they r set. There is a reason why noone besides u thinks about getting a first round QB. But what u r saying is the truth right? Everything u say is right!

Concerning Warner, u really think he is the Franchise QB the Cardinals have been waiting for....