Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > NFC North Division Forum

NFC North Division Forum Discuss the NFC North

Old 05-04-2008, 12:34 AM    (permalink
Zbikowski_9
Rookie

Zbikowski_9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Although I think the Bears will do better than expected, I like most others think it is a two horse race and we will get a good indication of who is the favourite after week one when the Vikes and Pack meet in Green Bay.

I dont think either are favourites yet. The Vikings have not lost any starters other than Richardson, Dwight Smith and Udeze --> who have all been replaced. On top of that they have added some great talent.

The Packers were the better team last year and young players will also progress. They lost Williams who can be replaced in house with out any dramas - but the QB change is enough to bring them level with the Vikings.
A new QB can not come in without scrutiny and although he is coming into a good situation with 3 years of learning behind the best - it is the mental factors that decide the Packs fate.

The Packers will face some great pass rushers this year:
Allen + Kevin Williams x 2
Bears whole D-Line x 2
Dwight Freeney
Julius Peppers
John Abraham
Gains Adams (not great yet, but could be by the time they play)
Vanden Bosch and Kearse (if he shows up he can still bring the heat)
Mario Williams
ect...

One thing Farve did so well is handle pressure in the pocket and if Rodgers gets rattled it could destroy his confidence --> and if you have no confidence you loose the creativity that Farve brought to the table. Also with all of these great pass rushers he is bound to take some hits so we will have to see how he holds up.

I have Vikes and Pack both sitting in the 10-6 -- 12-4 range but if Rodgers makes a good transition and Grant proves he is not a one year wonder i have the Pack move up as favourites
Zbikowski_9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 02:54 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Yes mediocre with New England. He was only their #1 because they didn't have anyone good until recently. Superbowl MVP doesn't mean much, Dexter Jackson and Desmond Howard were superbowl MVPs. His numbers in New England weren't that great. He had one year that he almost reached 1000 yards one that he had 800 yards. The other two he didn't even reach 500. His TDs were 2, 3, 4, and 5. That is very mediocre. "but yeah don't let stats get in the way of your argument." No, thank you, they actually greatly help my argument.

And he has been just as good as he was in New England. I think he's been even better, but I can see the disagreement there. However you couldn't be more off from your original statement of "Deion Branch who shined in New England and hasn't done **** since he went to Seattle."

When have I ever said that a QB change can't be a negative thing? And I never said I don't think we'll be missing Favre.

And finally fix your damn sig.
Fix my damn sig?

If the mods think it's too big, they can come and tell me....But it's been here since Monday.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Last edited by sweetness34 : 05-04-2008 at 02:59 AM.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 05:52 PM    (permalink
Maybe Next Year Millen2
Veteran

Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
Why shouldnt we be the faves? Or atleast slightly above the next team.
Because you lost Favre. The one thing that separated you from the Vikings and Bears is Brett Favre. Strong D, strong running game. You have the right to assume Aaron Rodgers(who you've never seen) can come and be better than Jackson/Grossman, but I have every right to say, let's see about that.

Jackson and Grossman can improve. Some players progress, some players regress(Grossman from the beginining of 2006). Jackson with a year of experience might get it this year or manage the game enough to win games, plus Adrian Peterson is a nightmare to face twice a year. Throw in the Vikings run D,improved pass rush, improvements in the secondary Madieu Williams/another year for Griffin/McCauley and they should be incredibly tough.

Heck the Bears with Grossman made it to the Super Bowl not very long ago and swept the Pack last year. Not saying Grossman will play like he did in 2006, but the Bears D should definitley rebound especially with health. Aaron Rodgers has to play the Vikes Week 1 and at Detroit Week 2(Ford Field we are usually competive.) Plus the Lions secondary is not the same as you faced last year at all, Bodden/Brian Kelly with young second round non-rookie safeties is at least respectable. If Rodgers isn't ready right away you could be sitting at 0-2 in the divsion and staring at your fathead of Favre on your wall praying for a time machine.
Maybe Next Year Millen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 03:18 AM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maybe Next Year Millen2 View Post
You have the right to assume Aaron Rodgers(who you've never seen) can come and be better than Jackson/Grossman, but I have every right to say, let's see about that.
And I would tell you that the ONE game I SAW Rodgers play (so I have seen him) was a significantly better performance than ANY game Jackson has played. So one game versus, what, 18 by Jackson? Yeah. I'll take Rodgers.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 04:23 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
And I would tell you that the ONE game I SAW Rodgers play (so I have seen him) was a significantly better performance than ANY game Jackson has played. So one game versus, what, 18 by Jackson? Yeah. I'll take Rodgers.
First off Jackson hasn't played close to 18 games. Second, even Ryan Leaf had one good game. I am not saying Rodgers won't be any good, just stop assuming that one good game automatically makes him a good QB. We can argue all we want about who is better between the two but the fact remains that Jackson was seen as a project when he was drafted and he was thrust into the starter way before he should have been. Rodgers has had time ti learn behind one of the greats. Either way with JDB now waiting in the wings Jackson will have one more shot to prove himself and it just may be the same with Brohm waiting behind Rodgers. Any way you look at it the season opener will be a very telling game.I don't think any fan of the Packers or the Vikings can argue this will be are hard faught battle for the NFC North title and if they do they are a fool.
Old 05-05-2008, 05:03 AM    (permalink
Zbikowski_9
Rookie

I just cant wait till week 1 where we will see is Rodgers is as good as the Pack think (hope). He will win my respect when he is able to cope with the pass rush of Ray Edwards, Leber, Kevin Williams and Allen, and get up after taking some big hits. But i supose if he gets man handled, it would be time for the Brohm bandwaggon.
Old 05-05-2008, 06:33 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Rodgers has yet to start a game....

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 06:43 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know I was guilty of it too BUT since the draft and I take a step back and look at it. I think the Lions could be thrown into the conversation.

I know I know HA HA HA HA but seriously though.

The Lions have made improvements across the board except for WR and QB this off season (and got worse at DT) Starting at a 7-9 season (yeah there was an epic fail at the end) but still the secondary has a completely new look only Keith coming back from that pitiful squad. IF Dizon puts on the weight he is the starting MLB moving Paris to SAM (Maybe Caleb Campbell or Clif Avril?) instantly making that position better than Boss Bailey. I wouldn't say that IAF will be better than Kalimba but can't be much worse. Redding is the same and we have a nice replacement for Rogers (not nearly as good but there you go)

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 08:05 AM    (permalink
Zbikowski_9
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by broth223 View Post
I know I was guilty of it too BUT since the draft and I take a step back and look at it. I think the Lions could be thrown into the conversation.

I know I know HA HA HA HA but seriously though.

The Lions have made improvements across the board except for WR and QB this off season (and got worse at DT) Starting at a 7-9 season (yeah there was an epic fail at the end) but still the secondary has a completely new look only Keith coming back from that pitiful squad. IF Dizon puts on the weight he is the starting MLB moving Paris to SAM (Maybe Caleb Campbell or Clif Avril?) instantly making that position better than Boss Bailey. I wouldn't say that IAF will be better than Kalimba but can't be much worse. Redding is the same and we have a nice replacement for Rogers (not nearly as good but there you go)
People would be stupid to write-off any team, and the Bears and Lions are no exception. The NFC North is no second rate division.

The Lions season, IMO, rest on the shoulders of their rookie RB. If they are going to focus on establishing the run he will need to lead the way and open up the pass, if not i don't like their chances.
Old 05-05-2008, 08:40 AM    (permalink
Maybe Next Year Millen2
Veteran

Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well Jackson did improve as the season went on. Basically what you should expect from a first year starter(struggling early and then some improvement)

Look at his box scores from the begining of the season versus the end. I personally saw it vs the Lions. Week 2 he was picked 4 times, but in Week 14 he played great.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/teams/...=min&year=2007

And Packer fans didn't even see Jackson last year against Green Bay. He was hurt both times the Pack played Minnesota.
Old 05-05-2008, 08:43 AM    (permalink
Maybe Next Year Millen2
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zbikowski_9 View Post
People would be stupid to write-off any team, and the Bears and Lions are no exception. The NFC North is no second rate division.

The Lions season, IMO, rest on the shoulders of their rookie RB. If they are going to focus on establishing the run he will need to lead the way and open up the pass, if not i don't like their chances.
Ehhh. I write off the Lions until their defense can prove that are at least average. Every other team in the division has a very good defense which gives them the edge. The Lions have made some improvements on D especially in the secondary, but with the Tampa 2 the entire unit has to play well to get the defense to work. Some young guys have to step up big time for the lions. The Lions will be competive and could be .500 suprising teams especialy at Ford Field.
Old 05-05-2008, 09:27 AM    (permalink
Zbikowski_9
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maybe Next Year Millen2 View Post
Ehhh. I write off the Lions until their defense can prove that are at least average. Every other team in the division has a very good defense which gives them the edge. The Lions have made some improvements on D especially in the secondary, but with the Tampa 2 the entire unit has to play well to get the defense to work. Some young guys have to step up big time for the lions. The Lions will be competive and could be .500 suprising teams especialy at Ford Field.
I made them beasts in Madden lol. I was the Vikes and after a playoff run i switched to the lions and signed Leslie Frazier as my head coach. Brought in a few sleepers from the bucs, Vike and Colts on D signed Jason Wright of the Browns to be my Chester Taylor and had a good draft.

So it can be done Lions fans lol
Old 05-07-2008, 07:11 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I definitely think Minny and the Pack look to be on top although they both have question marks at QB. If either team's QB comes through, they will win the Division.
Chicago and the Lions should bring up the rear. The Lion's are the Lions and Chicago just doesn't look solid on offense.
If both Minny's and the Pack's QB's both struggle then it is very likely 8 wins could take the Division. I also don't see any scenario where any team in this Division is a serious SB contender for next season.
Old 07-04-2008, 09:05 AM    (permalink
BcLion
Rookie

BcLion could make a wolverine purr.BcLion could make a wolverine purr.BcLion could make a wolverine purr.BcLion could make a wolverine purr.BcLion could make a wolverine purr.BcLion could make a wolverine purr.BcLion could make a wolverine purr.BcLion could make a wolverine purr.BcLion could make a wolverine purr.

Minny has all the hype this offseason and on paper made some serious solid moves to improve. I love you Dline and your running game will be solid with or without AP. Time to live up to the hype and prove you got all the pieces in place for a playoff season. I think it all comes down to T-jack and if he can be your future at QB. This will be fun year to watch for you Minny fans as your Dline will really create havoc for opposing teams.

Gbay seams to be the most proven overall team in the division. If A-rod can handle the starting job Titletown will have anouther solid team in the race for the next few years. As a Lions fan its scary to think you could still be on top of the division even after losing one of the Goat qb.

Chitown had a quite offseason and the D is always a threat. I dont know what to make of them yet and I dont think anyone really does. I never would have predicted their run to SB and they still have a solid core left over from that team.

Detroit is entering year three of the tampa2 system. year three of Hotrod getting all the pieces in place. He has his guys now and there can be no more excuses. We have drafted players that fit his mold and brought in Fa's that play his tampa2. I as a Lion's fan question the release of some of our most talanted players over the past two years and replacing them with some aging veterans and players who have injury historys.

I dont really know what to make of this years team as there is no hype surrounding them and yet we have quietly improved every year Hotrod has been headcoach. Year 3 is supposed to be the biggest leap for players learning the tampa2 system and our secondary is completely overhauled from last year. They gave away SR and replaced him with darby and a lower round draft pick. Kalimba was sent packing as well and they are counting on IAF to really step it up this year and make a name for himself. Our Lb core has changed as well with the departure of oft injured boss bailey leaving and the addition of Dizon. I think the starting lineup will be Sims Lewis Paris until dizon learns under Paris for awile.

The offense is going to be interesting as they are preaching a more balanced attack thru the run game this year and changing to zone blocking scheme that both Tatum Bell and our rookie Kevin Smith excelled at in their pasts. If we can get even a mediocre run game established to take the heat off Kitna I think both Roy and CJ have stellar years. Kitna also is going to have more options at the line of scimage. Under martz he threw to spot martz told him to. Whether the WR was there or not, open or not. no option out under martz. that is why Int average for Martz system is so high and why the WR take most the blame if a play doesnt work. The return of Dan Cambell from IR is also going to be a huge factor for both the run game and pass. I really like what he bringsto the table and he was sorely missed last year.

So to sum it up I think the North is wide open this year. I dont see any clear cut favorite to win the division and its anybodys year.

Bclion
BcLion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 10:14 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Bears are reliant are far too many unknowns to be considered a favorite for anything. I think Williams and Forte will both play well as rookies, as those two positions are the easiest for rookies to come in and start, but the prospects of Hester replacing Berrian, as well as the defense returning to top 10 form after so many injuries last year, make it way too much of an unknown.

As for the Lions, I just don't see that much talent. I mean, honestly, how many players on the Lions would you consider to be near the top at their position? One? Maybe two? The team is built around wide receivers, untill that changes I can't see them being serious contenders for anything.

The Vikings are ******* scary on defense, but Tavaris Jackson is a walking punch line. He's way worse than Grossman ever was. I've seen him make plays that literally make my head explode out of sheer amazement. For that reason they could easily be a .500 team yet again.

And the Packers? Eh. I'm sticking to the premise that they overacheived last year. Particularly on offense. I'm inclined to place them as the favorites, but it wouldn't suprise me if they are around .500, maybe even a losing team next year.

And this Favre stuff is just ridiculous. Even the Wisconsin media is starting to turn on him, and they've been sucking him off for decades.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Last edited by bearsfan_51 : 07-05-2008 at 10:26 PM.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 10:22 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Packers have the talent to run away with the Division But Aaron Rodgers doesn't have the experience you would like in a Quarterback. Minnesota has a Superbowl caliber Defense and a terrific Running game and I think this is the season Tavaris Jackson makes that necessary jump needed to lead his team to a division crown.
Old 07-13-2008, 06:01 PM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have to give it to the Vikings at this point but I have the Packers a notch below them. Either team could go either way this year.
Old 07-16-2008, 09:49 PM    (permalink
StrongSide97
Rookie

StrongSide97 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Depending on what happens with the Favre situation:

Either way the Bears will finish dead last, they still have no consistent play at the most important position offense, quarterback. Nor, do they have a impact player on offense. Hester isn't a wide receiver and the Bears will have to come to grips with that. They still have a good defense, the question of health is another story though.

I'm calling the Bears at a 3-13 record this year.

The Lions are improving, but it won't happen this season. I think Jon Kitna is a underrated QB in the NFL. He has never really had a great line protecting him, at least I don't think so. Kevin Smith is my pick for the Offensive Rookie of the Year, and this year Calvin Johnson will emerge as one of the better receivers in the league. They still need help on defense, especially on that line. I have the Lions going 8-8 at seasons end, no playoffs.

Here is where it gets twisted a bit...

If Favre comesback as the Pack's starter, then they will win the division. He is still the old gunslinger that he was last season, and he still has the weapons around him to be productive. The defense is somewhat getting older, especially in the secondary, but I'm having a feeling that won't be a big factor throughout the season.

If Favre doesn't comeback as the Pack's starter, then the Vikings will win the division. Tarvaris Jackson isn't the right QB, but the running offense and defense will do enough for the VIkings to finish at least 9-7 to win the divison....if Favre doesn't return.
StrongSide97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 10:18 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

why would the bears finish last if they have improved from last year. They were plagued by injury and we still managed a 7-9 season. The last 2 games didnt look to bad althought one was against the Saints D. I dont see a 3-13 and def not dead last.

Old 07-16-2008, 10:29 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have a very hard time seeing the Bears finish last particularly becuase the Lions are in the division. I think the Lions are headed for a 4-6 win season. Also a lot would have to go wrong for the Bears to go 3-13.
Old 07-16-2008, 10:33 PM    (permalink
StrongSide97
Rookie

How did they improve from last season?

They don't have a quarterback, they are starting a rookie at RB at the beginning of the season(granted he is just as good as Cedric Benson at this point). Forte is bound for a bad season with the offensive line that they have right now. They lost Bernard Berrian to an division opponent. Marty Booker and Brandon Lloyd aren't exactly what I call a decent replacement. Their offensive line is getting older, not to mention the loss of Fred Miller and Reuben Brown. C'mon that is not an improvement.

But I want to put the spotlight on that quarterback situation. We all know, including you, that Rex Grossman and Kyle Orton will both start more than 5 games each this season, whether one of them starts 11 and the other 5. If you dream of any success in the NFL, you cannot have that in your team. They should have drafted a QB when they had the chance in April, and they will regret it when they are called up to the podium within the first three picks next April.

They may not go 3-13 with the first pick overall, but they won't escape the top 3.

Now, don't get me wrong that defense is good. But what are the chances of it staying healthy all year long like 2002 and 2006. It's not very good. Mike Brown has played about five games in the last four seasons. Urlacher has missed at least two games each of the past three seasons, while someone on the defensive line is bound to be hurt. I'm no psychic, but with the way the rain has fallen the past few years in Chicago, then they are bound for a few injuries this season.
Old 07-17-2008, 07:06 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

seriously we had that QB Situation since idk ever. Where is the difference of picking up a QB? if we wouldve picked up Hanle or Hill in the last round, would that have been better? Seriously this is one of the dumbest arguments why we would be one of the worst teams. We picked up two UDFA QBs. One of them is supposed to have the second strongest arm in this years draft.
We never had a great QB. The OL is getting better, if uve seen the OL ud now Fred Miller was a liability and Ruben brown was getting old, he didnt even play the last few games. With Chris williams at LT we will move Tait to RT this will give us at least at RT and prolly LT. Berrian hurts, but we brought in a couple of new guys and we hope Hester can step up. There is no way Forte can we just as good as CB. Cedric Benson was as bad as it gets. Id say im on the level of benson.

Urlacher missed 7 games in his career, he played all 16 games in the last 3 season so idk where u got that from. Mike Brown obviously is no one to depend on, and we are not. Our DL depth is prolly one of the best in the league so is our CB Depth and LB Depth. We have some nice sophomores who can and need to step up.

I mean i dont expect them to make the superbowl, but to say they wont escape the Top 3 is just foolish.

Last edited by Gay Ork Wang : 07-17-2008 at 07:09 AM.
Old 07-17-2008, 08:12 AM    (permalink
StrongSide97
Rookie

Why do you think the Bears have had one of the worst offenses in the NFL for the past five seasons or so? For a lot of reasons, but it is mainly because they haven't had a consistent starting QB. I laugh every time I hear Lovie Smith say a new name when he announces a new starting QB, because it's just another sign that they are going down hill. It happens to every team that goes through this. Look at Miami, San Francisco, Atlanta. With the exception of Jacksonville a year ago, the chances of a team winning to the playoffs with a QB situation is slim. Washington doesn't count because Campbell was injured

You shouldn't expect Bears to do anything this year offensively this year, mainly because of that season. Not to mention, they have one of the worst looking offenses in recent years.

Remember the Raiders when they had the first overall choice of Jamarcus Russell. Think worse than that. They will see after this year that they need a QB with more potential than Grossman and Orton combined. This opinion will turn fact when they choose a QB with their Top 5 pick in April.
Old 07-17-2008, 08:39 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

seriously i never said the QB position is great. But Kyle Orton can manage a game. And thats all we need at the moment. We need to win 2 out of 3 phases. We can win ST against anyone. If the offense can run the ball score 1-2 TDs, the Defense wont be to tired and we can win. Surely we wont be any contenders. but what u r saying is really idiotic. the only reason we gonna pick that high cause of the QB position? seriously we had the same guys the last few years and didnt pick that high.

Old 07-17-2008, 09:13 AM    (permalink
StrongSide97
Rookie

You actually think the running game is going to be able to march down the field and get them a touchdown every game? That's ridiculous. With the slightly revamped offensive line they have and the totally inexperienced running game, the Bears will be lucky to get 10 rushing touchdowns this season, let alone march down the field a couple times a game.

Don't get me wrong, Devin Hester is unbelievable, but he's not going to return one every game, let alone every other game. I'll give you Robbie Gould.

I'm going to end it at this:

The Bears have been a great defensive team for the past couple seasons, and they have done so through some injuries. The defense has been so good some seasons where it has literally picked up the offense and carried it on its shoulders. This year is where it stops though. The offense is god awful, and the defense won't be able to do it this year. Mainly because of the talent of the offense, but I feel the defense won't be as good this year as well, or at least as good as it was in 06-07 or previous years.