Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > NFC North Division Forum

NFC North Division Forum Discuss the NFC North

Old 03-06-2008, 08:09 PM    (permalink
lod01
Veteran

lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Well Kyle Orton won the division, and Rex Grossman made it to the Superbowl, which is more than Brett Favre did in the last 10 years of his career.

But yeah, other than that nothing.

The Bears defense won the division. The Bears defense made it to the Superbowl. Grossman did nothing noteable to get them there. He was your Trent Dilfer. Grossman was hauled along as a sacrifice since there was no chance in hell that they were going to win. Fluke wins via Hester punt and kick returns only last so long as the Bears of 2007 found out.
lod01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 08:13 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

i think the best way to look at this question of who is the best QB. pick one but they can not be on your team. sorry bears fans that means both grossman and Orton.
roidrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 08:22 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lod01 View Post
The Bears defense won the division. The Bears defense made it to the Superbowl. Grossman did nothing noteable to get them there. He was your Trent Dilfer. Grossman was hauled along as a sacrifice since there was no chance in hell that they were going to win. Fluke wins via Hester punt and kick returns only last so long as the Bears of 2007 found out.
Ah yes, the ol' fluke wins. I'm sure the Packers didn't have any of those fluke wins this year. Those indisctructable Packers that only win the cool ways that really count.

Come to think of it, we must have fluked our way to sweeping the Packers last year. And the fact that we're 6-2 in the last 4 years? Total fluke. And there's no possibly way that our defense simply owned Favre (2 touchdowns to 13 interceptions the last 6 games). Nawh. None of those are possible, because Brett Favre and the Packers are the greatest thing in the world, and the Bears are just a fluky team that somehow ****** up their way to the Superbowl (which, by the way, the Packers completely failed in their attempts to reach). You've said one correct thing since you've been here, everything else is just total ****.

So if Rodgers is helped by his supporting cast, that makes him a better quarterback, but if Grossman is helped by his supporting cast, it's because he sucks? Makes sense.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Last edited by bearsfan_51 : 03-06-2008 at 08:28 PM.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 09:23 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

If I had to take a QB from the NFC North, it would be Aaron Rodgers without question.
Old 03-06-2008, 09:28 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rodgers has just as good of a chance of being worse than grossman as he does and being better. We'll have to wait and see.

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 08:20 AM    (permalink
detknowitall
Veteran

detknowitall could make a wolverine purr.detknowitall could make a wolverine purr.detknowitall could make a wolverine purr.detknowitall could make a wolverine purr.detknowitall could make a wolverine purr.detknowitall could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Well Kyle Orton won the division, and Rex Grossman made it to the Superbowl, which is more than Brett Favre did in the last 10 years of his career.

But yeah, other than that nothing.
I'll let you take back that statement as a 1 time whoops what the hell wa I thinking moment out of respect.

Favre is a 1st Ballot HOF guy with a ring. Orton and Grossman are done. They are only holding a spot for the next guy. Neither are the QB of the future. Evidenced by 1 year deals they signed. Your franchise QB doesnt get signed to a 1 year deal to compete with Orton. Both of those guys would be backups at best anywhere else in the league.

And its true the Bears D got them to a Superbowl.
detknowitall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 12:45 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Never thought I'd say this, but if I had to choose right now, I'd take Kitna, simply because Rexy and Tavaris haven't shown anything and Rodgers is still very much up in the air.

But I'm fairly sure Rodgers will be just fine.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 03:39 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by detknowitall View Post
I'll let you take back that statement as a 1 time whoops what the hell wa I thinking moment out of respect.

Favre is a 1st Ballot HOF guy with a ring. Orton and Grossman are done. They are only holding a spot for the next guy. Neither are the QB of the future. Evidenced by 1 year deals they signed. Your franchise QB doesnt get signed to a 1 year deal to compete with Orton. Both of those guys would be backups at best anywhere else in the league.

And its true the Bears D got them to a Superbowl.
Never said they were, but it's not as if they've accomplished nothing, especially in comparison to Rodgers who has literally done nothing.

And of course I'm not comparing either player to Favre, but in terms of team accomplishments, Grossman & friends did something that Favre was unable to do for the last 10 years of his career. That's gotta count for something.

Old 03-08-2008, 07:27 PM    (permalink
detknowitall
Veteran

detknowitall could make a wolverine purr.detknowitall could make a wolverine purr.detknowitall could make a wolverine purr.detknowitall could make a wolverine purr.detknowitall could make a wolverine purr.detknowitall could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Never said they were, but it's not as if they've accomplished nothing, especially in comparison to Rodgers who has literally done nothing.

And of course I'm not comparing either player to Favre, but in terms of team accomplishments, Grossman & friends did something that Favre was unable to do for the last 10 years of his career. That's gotta count for something.
put Favre on that team and they would have won the Superbowl. Take either Orton or Rexy and compare their numbers that year to Favre and Favre is easily the better QB.

You said it yourself "Grossman and friends" Don't lump Grossmans succes or lack thereof into that of the and friends. He's just that tagalong that was riding the coat tails of a successful D.
detknowitall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 07:38 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

I don't believe we would have won the Superbowl with Favre. Based on what? Favre has sucked ass in the playoffs for the last 10 years. He's been nothing but a choker. Why would he all of the sudden make us that much better? He couldn't beat the Giants at home with a better surrounding cast on offense and a defense that isn't much worse but he's going to beat Peyton Manning and the Colts? Doubtful.

Hell, Favre couldn't even beat the Bears the last 4 years of his career.

Old 03-08-2008, 07:43 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by detknowitall View Post
put Favre on that team and they would have won the Superbowl. Take either Orton or Rexy and compare their numbers that year to Favre and Favre is easily the better QB.

You said it yourself "Grossman and friends" Don't lump Grossmans succes or lack thereof into that of the and friends. He's just that tagalong that was riding the coat tails of a successful D.
considering iirc that was Favre's worst statistical year ever, I highly doubt they would have won the Super Bowl

regardless, all bf51 said was that they did something Favre hadn't done in 10 years, not that either had a better year or a better career or is the subject of more wet dreams in Green Bay, just that they each accomplished one thing that Favre hadn't in that time frame...and sure, the defense carried those teams, but last time I checked football is still played with a QB and that's what Orton and Grossman were in 05 and 06, so they must have done something right in order to lead a team to a division championship/Super Bowl...

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 12:54 AM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler

Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So your saying that you would rather have Grossman/Orton quarterbacking the Bears in SB XLI, than Favre? Makes sense.

Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 01:04 AM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
considering iirc that was Favre's worst statistical year ever, I highly doubt they would have won the Super Bowl

regardless, all bf51 said was that they did something Favre hadn't done in 10 years, not that either had a better year or a better career or is the subject of more wet dreams in Green Bay, just that they each accomplished one thing that Favre hadn't in that time frame...and sure, the defense carried those teams, but last time I checked football is still played with a QB and that's what Orton and Grossman were in 05 and 06, so they must have done something right in order to lead a team to a division championship/Super Bowl...
Give the guy a break. He was going through some growing pains, but he got his **** together...

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 01:05 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
So your saying that you would rather have Grossman/Orton quarterbacking the Bears in SB XLI, than Favre? Makes sense.
no one ever said that, I don't know where all these Packer fans keep getting that from...all that was said was that they did something Favre hadn't, and I said that just adding Favre to that team wouldn't necessarily have won them a Super Bowl...no one has said they would rather have Orton/Rex over Favre, don't worry, no blasphemy has occurred

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 03-09-2008, 01:48 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Maybe it makes sense cause you can't ******* read. I said that we likely still wouldn't have won the Superbowl if Favre was our quarterback. In no way does that translate to I'd rather have Grossman/Orton, it just means that Favre wouldn't have made a difference, or at least not big enough of a difference. And considering Favre's record/performance in the playoffs the last 10 years, that's not a very bold statement.

Old 03-09-2008, 04:50 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

would you rather have a QB with the neck beard or the stash??? Now there is a question
Old 03-09-2008, 05:00 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by roidrunner View Post
would you rather have a QB with the neck beard or the stash??? Now there is a question
see, Orton has both, so it's win-win

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 03-09-2008, 05:01 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

lol. but if you could only pick one. the neck beard or the stash?
Old 03-09-2008, 05:12 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
lol. but if you could only pick one. the neck beard or the stash?
you can't make that kinda choice...but if I had to, I'd say neck beard because it seems a lot rarer than a sweet stache

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 03-09-2008, 05:26 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

true, but the stash is more iconic. I.E. Tom Selleck
Old 03-09-2008, 05:30 PM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The fact Aaron Rodgers had one good game while playing from behind and can't stay healthy for more than 3 games makes him the best QB in the North? It's Kitna.
the_legend_killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 05:53 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

kitna is the most proven out of all the QB's but potentially it would be rodgers.
Old 03-09-2008, 06:19 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
so by your logic, you're saying Ben Stiller is hiding his fairy wings because of his grandmother's hammeroid problem?

Learn how to read before you post.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 06:39 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
kitna is the most proven out of all the QB's but potentially it would be rodgers.
What the heck are you talking about? Potentially Brooks Bollinger could come out of no where next year to be the best. Potentially Rex Grossman could end the inconsistencies and could start playing at an All Pro level. Potentially Aaron Rodgers could be worse then Ryan Leaf.
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 06:45 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Chris View Post
What the heck are you talking about? Potentially Brooks Bollinger could come out of no where next year to be the best. Potentially Rex Grossman could end the inconsistencies and could start playing at an All Pro level. Potentially Aaron Rodgers could be worse then Ryan Leaf.
I don't know if you were going for an attempt at humor there or what, but it didn't work. Rodgers is a first round pick that has had three years to learn behind Favre. Combine that with the best supporting cast in the division on offense, and you have the potential to be the best QB in the division. If you need me to go slower, just ask...

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau

Last edited by Boston : 03-09-2008 at 06:47 PM.
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote