Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > NFC North Division Forum

NFC North Division Forum Discuss the NFC North

Old 04-16-2008, 10:45 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renji View Post
That does mean anything, u know everyone facing the Jets last year had easy game last year but the SoS said something different

Every year teams get stronger/weaker. So u have to look at the teams. not the SoS
agreed.

plus, heres how i see the nfc north.

put the 4 teams in any order. idc what it is, and i will make a case for why it could end up in that order.
Old 04-16-2008, 02:20 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
agreed.

plus, heres how i see the nfc north.

put the 4 teams in any order. idc what it is, and i will make a case for why it could end up in that order.
Lions
Packers
Vikings
Bears
Old 04-16-2008, 02:23 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really don't see anyone but the Vikings or Packers winning the division this year. I think both will end up making the playoffs.
Old 04-16-2008, 04:02 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Lions
Packers
Vikings
Bears
with martz out of the picture, the lions offense becomes much more balanced. calvin johnson progresses well and really adds to it as well. their defense improves after another year of marinelli's system and this combination of things allows them to win the division at 10-6

the packers offense takes a step back with rodgers at the helm but he does well enough to keep them in the games they play. they lean on the run a little more as well as their defense to finish 2nd at 9-7

jackson holds the vikings back. AP perhaps gets a little overused early on and later in the season, he's worn out and possibly suffering from little nagging injuries. their pass rush also doesn't improve leaving their defense vulnerable and this combination of things keeps them from going over the top. their run defense and run game hold up well enough to keep them in 3rd at 7-9 or 8-8.

KO and gross fail miserably as the teams offensive woes continue. benson flounders once again behind an o-line that, even with improvements from the draft doesnt hold up. without an offense, the bears still great defense wears down over the season and is plagued by overuse injuries. they wind up in last somewhere between 6-10 and 8-8.

but then you could flip it all around and just reverse everything i said about them in there.
Old 04-17-2008, 03:13 AM    (permalink
vikesrock28

I gotta say Rodgers, I'm no Tavaris Jackson fan, I tell ya that much.

I'm praying that the Vikes draft from amongst Ryan, Brohm or Flacco depending on who's available in the first and second round.

If Derrick Harvey is gone at 17, Brohm is a good bet.

They were strongly considering Brady Quinn last year.
Old 04-17-2008, 12:20 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikesrock28 View Post
I gotta say Rodgers, I'm no Tavaris Jackson fan, I tell ya that much.

I'm praying that the Vikes draft from amongst Ryan, Brohm or Flacco depending on who's available in the first and second round.

If Derrick Harvey is gone at 17, Brohm is a good bet.

They were strongly considering Brady Quinn last year.
No they weren't it was reported that if Adrian Peterson was gone they were going to take Darelle Revis or Leon Hall.
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 02:38 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am pretty sure everyone BUT the Vikings strongly considered Brady Quinn for us. It seems that every year certain Vikings fans fall in love with a QB and say he will be picked by us in the first. Truth is the team loves Jackson and if they are looking for a replacement I think it will be in the 3rd earliest.
Old 04-17-2008, 02:52 PM    (permalink
vikesrock28

Oh no, Childress genuinely liked Quinn.

It was Spielman who talked him out of it.

If AD hadn't been there or the safety the Skins drafted, then it damn well could have been Quinn.
Old 04-17-2008, 02:53 PM    (permalink
vikesrock28

Now after another year, I think they all have doubts about Jackson.
Old 04-17-2008, 02:56 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

We will see I guess.
Old 04-17-2008, 03:03 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Vikings weren't interested in Quinn they weren't going to take him. I highly doubt Speilman would have been the one to talk childress out of Quinn. It would be more logical that Childress were to talk Speilman out of Quinn because he absolulty loves Jackson as the QB.
Old 04-17-2008, 03:04 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

they wouldve give up on Jackson after a year? i dont think so

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 03:05 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

I think they would have, had they actually loved Quinn and thought he was a sure fire franchise QB, but that wasn't the case.
Old 04-17-2008, 08:46 PM    (permalink
vikesrock28

Hell, I liked Quinn just not as much as Peterson and yer right Chilly loves Jackson and Spielman does the drafting.

The Vikes were high on Quinn though, that was well publicized.
Old 04-17-2008, 08:48 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

I hated Quinn last year. I have Ryan rated much higher. I was callin for AD the whole time and I was going crazy when we picked him.
Old 04-17-2008, 11:44 PM    (permalink
vikesrock28

Same here on AD, the Vikes have NEVER had a superstar runningback until now. I like Brohm this year as well.
Old 04-17-2008, 11:47 PM    (permalink
vikesrock28

Gonzo , who made you and EJ your gifs in your display there.

I really like the one EJ has with the Peterson runs.

Nobody I talk to on here knows how to make them like that though.
Old 04-18-2008, 08:36 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i made Gonzos....and pls pls pls start to use the edit button. Everywhere u post u have 2-3 posts in 2 mins....

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 12:39 PM    (permalink
Michigan
Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Pro Bowler

Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I read this whole thread, and I have to say I laughed 2-3 times. IMO-

1. Kitna, is the most proven, although still below average
2a. Grossman, is the most talented but least consistent
2b. Orton, can potentially be a game manager
3. Jackson, has potential but has really looked ugly so far
4. Rodgers, by far highest trade value but needs game experience
Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 10:24 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What's sad is that it is probably Kitna, a career backup who will probably be OK in Detroit's new offense as a game manager and not a thrower.
Jackson, I still like a lot but he has quitye a ways to go.
Chicago = no comment
Green Bay thinks so much of Rodgers, they drafted Brohm in round 2. Not exactly a vote of confidence.
Face it, the NFC North has the weakest crop of QB's in the NFL and not one of them will lead a team anywhere.
Old 04-26-2008, 11:03 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan View Post
I read this whole thread, and I have to say I laughed 2-3 times. IMO-

1. Kitna, is the most proven, although still below average
2a. Grossman, is the most talented but least consistent
2b. Orton, can potentially be a game manager
3. Jackson, has potential but has really looked ugly so far
4. Rodgers, by far highest trade value but needs game experience
So, for me, would this be the third, or fourth time I've laughed in this thread?

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 02:44 PM    (permalink
asmitty45
Veteran

asmitty45 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Brohm will end up being the best QB in the NFC north within 3 years. Rodgers days in GB are numbered.

I also think Booty has a chance to do some good things in Minny.

And don't forget about Stanton in Detroit, he's going to be a solid pro.

Sorry Bears, don't have much good to say about that situation, you should try to get Woodson.

fenikz

"Pride comes before the fall" - Mark Dantonio

35-21
asmitty45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 08:43 AM    (permalink
Zbikowski_9
Rookie

Zbikowski_9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Some (not all) of you Packer fans are so far up your a**. It is so arrogant the way you all go on about Rodgers. I can't wait till the opener to see how he copes with the Vikes pass rush.

Now if i had a team (same players regardless of QB) in the superbowl and had to choose my QB this is how it would go.

Kitna- most experience, limmit mistakes.

Grossman- Experience in the big game. Has all the physical and may have learnt from mistakes.

Orton- Bear vs Vikes he showed some good things, he has experience andif he kept his head a bit and had a good running game to work with he could have done alot better.

T-Jack- At least he has started a decent amount of games, he is still raw, but he has had time to develop can make plays with his feet and showed a little bit of leadership and poise in the 4th quater of the Broncos game. (i would still be having heart problems watching him though)

Rodgers- I have never seen him play. The highlights i have seen make me think there is a lot of potential there, but he is yet to start and i want to see him handle pressure before i would consider him

By the end of the season i realy do see Jackson and Rodgers making strides, but that is just speculation. I am actually a big fan of Rodgers, but Packer fans are so use to having thier QB position being a sure thing that they are realy not paying due respect to game experience and to claim him the best in the division is arrogant.
Zbikowski_9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 02:59 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Phillip Rivers didnt do too bad his first year and he only had a TE and a RB.

A great RB, but still, the weapons are there for Rodgers

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 12:13 AM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Chris View Post
The best QB in this division now is Sidney Rice

2/2 100% 94yds 47 YPA (Robbed of a TD cuz Shank Hoe is slow) 118.7 career rating.
LOL!!!

Nice. Rice for President! 118.7 lifetime career rating doesn't lie...