Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-16-2008, 04:20 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Current

1. Brian Westbrook (and all time)
2. MJD
3. Peterson
4. LT
5. Marion Barber
Old 03-17-2008, 12:33 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wide Right View Post
Love the Ahmad Bradshaw love. Loved him out of Marshall last year and I loved watching him run through us this year.

Kid runs with so much attitude.
I really like Bradshaw. Before the draft last year I was the biggest Bradshaw homer on this board and pleading for the Bills to take him in the 3rd round. I couldn't believe he fell so far but I guess it was his character and size concerns.
art vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 12:57 PM    (permalink
steel man
DC GFX Team
Veteran

steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i can not pick just five, but anyway

1)Barry Sanders
2)Bo Jackson/ John Riggins
3)Franco Harris/"The Bus" (this is my homer picks)
4)Earl Campbell/Larry Conska(i haev no ideal how to spell his last name)
5)Walter Peyton

honorable mention:
Rocky Blier (anyone named Rocky has to be great plus to have been shot and told he would never walk again and then play as a RB in the NFL has to be a favorite)
"Fast" Willie Parker
Marcus Allen
Christian Okaya(spell ?)

as far as Bradshaw goes he grew up about 5 min from where i live and he was a total D I C K so i do not like him, and i played against Randy Moss and he was not to bad on the field attitude wise in high school, go figure. also for you Steelers fans you will like this, Heath Miller and Bradshaw went to rival schools and when they played each other Heath stroked Bradshaw and put him on his butt every time and when Bradshaw tried to tackle Heath, Heath ran over top of him(in high school around here you play "Iron Man" meaning you play both sides of the ball O & D) so that's how they faced each other even though both of them are on O now, it was great.

Matthew 19:26
Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but With God ALL things are possible
steel man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 05:56 PM    (permalink
moose

Reshard Lee
Robert Williams
Shaud Williams
Mo Clarrett
LT
Barber (both)
Westbrook
Michael Pittman
Natrone Means
Darnell McDougle
Simeon Daniells

just to name a few i got a lotta favez
Old 03-20-2008, 01:01 PM    (permalink
jetsfan0099
Rookie

jetsfan0099 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terribletowel39 View Post
just curious but you two who have Curtis Martin as one of your top 5, are you Jet fans?? i don't see how someone that average could be in anyones top 5. he rarely made spectacular plays, he was just consistent.
How can you not like Curtis Martin?? All that he brought to the game, he was consistent, a great role model, he played the game the way it should be. Also finding a complete back that does everything well is hard, he was a warrior, and don't tell me he stayed away from injuries, thats actually what slowed down his production was him having ankle problems, he is just one of the toughest guys to play the game, he plays through pain. Curtis Martin is better then you give him credit too, he definitely a HOFer. If you watched Martin play, you would see that he is a guy that did everything well, he was considered the best pass blocker when he was playing, or arguably the best. Was a good receiver out of the back field.
jetsfan0099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 01:06 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsfan0099 View Post
How can you not like Curtis Martin?? All that he brought to the game, he was consistent, a great role model, he played the game the way it should be. Also finding a complete back that does everything well is hard, he was a warrior, and don't tell me he stayed away from injuries, thats actually what slowed down his production was him having ankle problems, he is just one of the toughest guys to play the game, he plays through pain. Curtis Martin is better then you give him credit too, he definitely a HOFer. If you watched Martin play, you would see that he is a guy that did everything well, he was considered the best pass blocker when he was playing, or arguably the best. Was a good receiver out of the back field.
i never said that i didn't like him.

i just said i didn't see how he could be in someone's top 5 favorite running backs.

he was a great back.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 06:09 PM    (permalink
luee
Rookie

luee smells like sex panther.luee smells like sex panther.

active;
1. Brandon Jacobs pulverizes DBs on an early sweep and they refuse to run support after.
2. AP best rookie RB ever?
3.Bradshaw
4. LT
5. Gore
luee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 10:30 PM    (permalink
gdamac
Veteran

gdamac is a cocksman.gdamac is a cocksman.gdamac is a cocksman.gdamac is a cocksman.gdamac is a cocksman.

1. Marcus Allen
2. Walter Peyton
3. Barry Sanders
4. Eddy George
5. Jim Brown/Earl Campbell

Last edited by gdamac : 04-02-2008 at 12:56 AM. Reason: after further thought, I couldn't leave Jim Brown out.
gdamac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 10:45 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I snarl at the lack of Rickey Waters in this thread
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 10:50 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Active Runners

1. LT
2. Maurice Jones-Drew
3. Brian Westbrook
4. Clinton Portis
5. Ricky Williams

and give my boy Cadillac Williams a shotout.

All time

1. Barry Sanders
2. Earl Campbell
3. LT
4. Curtis My Favorite Martin
5. Larry Csonka
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 10:50 PM    (permalink
no love
Veteran

no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
Ricky Waters was the truth... when he was in SF. He should have never left, we would have won at least one more SB.
no love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 12:29 AM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Paul Horning
Barry Sanders
Eric Dickerson
Walter Payton
LT
Old 04-02-2008, 12:55 AM    (permalink
gdamac
Veteran

gdamac is a cocksman.gdamac is a cocksman.gdamac is a cocksman.gdamac is a cocksman.gdamac is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
even though I have never liked the 9ers, Waters was fun to watch in his prime, as was Craig with those high knees.

gdamac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 01:01 AM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There is nothing I enjoy more in football than watching a truly great runner.

Runners I watched play...
1. Barry Sanders
2. Marshall Faulk
3. LaDanian Tomlinson
4. Jerome Bettis
5. Eddie George

Runners I had only had the pleasure of watching in highlight films...
1. Gale Sayers
2. Jim Brown
3. Earl Campbell
4. Walter Payton
5. Bo Jackson
Old 04-02-2008, 01:18 AM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luee View Post
active;
1. Brandon Jacobs pulverizes DBs on an early sweep and they refuse to run support after.
2. AP best rookie RB ever?
3.Bradshaw
4. LT
5. Gore
a bit of a strech but he's in the conversation
Old 04-02-2008, 01:44 AM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Peterson might have had a shot before getting injured, but I don't think there's anyway you can say he was the best.

Eric Dickerson's rookie year (2200 total yards, 20 total touchdowns) and Gale Sayers rookie season (then NFL record 22 touchdowns with only 232 touches) would easily qualify as being better in my book.
Old 04-02-2008, 03:58 PM    (permalink
Watchman
Veteran

Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.

I'll keep mine to just RBs I've seen play:

1. Mike Alstott
2. Christian Okoye
3. Marion Butts
4. Barry Sanders
5. John Riggins

My Grandfather
Watchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 04:12 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. LT
2. Natrone Means
3. Marion Butts
4. Lionel James
5. Marshall Faulk

San Diego bias? Whatever do you mean?
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 04:20 PM    (permalink
asmitty45
Veteran

asmitty45 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Active:
1. L.T.
2. Willis McGahee
3. MJD
4. Ronnie Brown
5. Reggie Bush

All-Time
1. Barry Sanders
2. Emmit Smith
3. Billy Sims
4. Walter Payton
5. "Rudy"