Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-07-2008, 06:45 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
i dont know what brady quinn has to be cocky about but romo can be as cocky as he wants
did you say that intentionally opening Romo up for the choke jokes or was it on accident??

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 06:55 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

just becuase he choked once doesnt mean he's a horrible player tony romo's stats speak for itself, have u watched any of the cowboys game? apparently not u bringing up one bad thing hes done and stay on it. his goods outways his bad, u dont know what ur talking about

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 06:59 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
just becuase he choked once doesnt mean he's a horrible player tony romo's stats speak for itself, have u watched any of the cowboys game? apparently not u bringing up one bad thing hes done and stay on it. his goods outways his bad, u dont know what ur talking about
I live in Plano, I've seen a game or two. And it hasn't been just once. I believe the past two years in the playoffs, the losses have come at his hands. So yea, he isn't near as good as most Cowboy fans make him out to be, but he is good. He just can't be as cocky as he wants to until he atleast wins a playoff game.

Old 03-07-2008, 07:03 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terribletowel39 View Post
I live in Plano, I've seen a game or two. And it hasn't been just once. I believe the past two years in the playoffs, the losses have come at his hands. So yea, he isn't near as good as most Cowboy fans make him out to be, but he is good. He just can't be as cocky as he wants to until he atleast wins a playoff game.
He's not as near as hes good he is? Are you serious? He put up 4000 yds in his second season and 36 TDs, tell me hes not that good thats just dumb

Old 03-07-2008, 07:06 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
I guess it is not him as much as every Cowboy fan has a hard on for him. He has not done anything and Cowboy fans are comparing him to Michael Irvin. Plus, his name should be Clayton not Crayton.
I hate when people make comments like these and then say "cowboys fans", like the majority of us have ever done anything that ridiculous...Crayton to Irvin?!?!?! Please what cowboys fans on this site have ever said something so ridiculous, and T New fan doesnt count.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 07:11 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
People who give Romo **** about the bobble against the Seahwaks, also seem to forget who lead them into position in the 4th to give them the opportunity to clinch that game. Then in the Giants game, forget the number of passes dropped by receivers in critical situations. He does the definitely deserves some blame in both games for taking risky chances and holding on to the ball to long(Giants game), but to put it all on him is ridiculous.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 07:12 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

yea yea but he has arguably the best line in football, arguably the best WR in football, arguably the hardest running RB in football, and arguably the best TE in the NFC. he is surrounded by weapons and time. and yes he does take advantage of that which is why i am saying he is good, but he just isn't as good as yall make him out to be. and plus he has yet to perform when it really matters. the season means nothing if you can't get it done in the playoffs.

don't get so riled up. its not like i called him Trent Dilfer or anything.

Last edited by terribletowel39 : 03-07-2008 at 07:15 PM.
Old 03-07-2008, 07:14 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

well dont make a dumb statement like u did

Old 03-07-2008, 07:14 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I hate when people make comments like these and then say "cowboys fans", like the majority of us have ever done anything that ridiculous...Crayton to Irvin?!?!?! Please what cowboys fans on this site have ever said something so ridiculous, and T New fan doesnt count.
And apparently, one of us cowboys said Romo is better then Tom Brady and Peyton Manning.
Old 03-07-2008, 07:18 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

Boy, yall come out of the wood work when something bad is said about yalls players. Even though what I said wasn't even bad. You both are overreacting. I've said numerous times that Romo is a good QB. I'm used to it though no worries. I will say something bad about the Cowboys here at work and I will have 4-5 folks at my desk telling me how I am wrong.

Old 03-07-2008, 07:21 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
yea yea but he has arguably the best line in football, arguably the best WR in football, arguably the hardest running RB in football, and arguably the best TE in the NFC. he is surrounded by weapons and time. and yes he does take advantage of that which is why i am saying he is good, but he just isn't as good as yall make him out to be. and plus he has yet to perform when it really matters. the season means nothing if you can't get it done in the playoffs.

don't get so riled up. its not like i called him Trent Dilfer or anything.

How many years has Romo been starting? Because what your saying is as soon as he is entered in the lineup he should be ready to win a super bowl without having any playoff losses, how many qbs do you know, won a super bowl in their first 2 playoff appearances? The list is small, I can understand people giving him crap because it happened with Eli too, but in the Seattle game he bobbled a snap for a fg, you can pretty much call that what you want because it was a screw up on a fg hold, not a crucial int, not a fumble on the last drive, he was holding the ball for a fg...

How many playoffs did it take Peyton to win a super bowl? Oh and how were his weapons? So that means he's not as good because he didnt win a super bowl?

Quote:
Old 03-07-2008, 07:22 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Boy, yall come out of the wood work when something bad is said about yalls players. Even though what I said wasn't even bad. You both are overreacting. I've said numerous times that Romo is a good QB. I'm used to it though no worries. I will say something bad about the Cowboys here at work and I will have 4-5 folks at my desk telling me how I am wrong.
Relax, its not as if someone cant have a debate on here, obviously cowboys fans are going to argue for cowboys players or there wouldnt be much debate otherwise...Its really not a big deal, but you make it seem like it is just because people respond to your comments.

Quote:
Old 03-07-2008, 07:22 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

Quote:
im a chargers fan that statement u made had ignorant all over it dont talk if u cant even back it up

Old 03-07-2008, 07:28 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

I've said my spill. I'm not going to convince yall otherwise. It's my opinion. Those are my reasons. I backed up why I thought that.

And I'm so sorry I thought a guy that lived in the city that the future home of the Cowboys will be was a Cowboy fan. How dumb of me?!

Old 03-07-2008, 07:28 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Oh I'm sorry, I did not know I couldn't defend one of my players when I don't agree with someones evaluation of him. You act is if Cowboy fans are the only ones who does this. And I never argued or stated any comment that said you thought Romo was a bad player, If I did please show me where. I simply disagreed with your comments about his playoff performances, and saying "come at his hands". Which I found unfair.
Old 03-07-2008, 07:34 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Relax, its not as if someone cant have a debate on here, obviously cowboys fans are going to argue for cowboys players or there wouldnt be much debate otherwise...Its really not a big deal, but you make it seem like it is just because people respond to your comments.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Oh I'm sorry, I did not know I couldn't defend one of my players when I don't agree with someones evaluation of him. You act is if Cowboy fans are the only ones who does this. And I never argued or stated any comment that said you thought Romo was a bad player, If I did please show me where. I simply disagreed with your comments about his playoff performances, and saying "come at his hands". Which I found unfair.
yea sorry, it was more so directed at bantx who got to the point were all he could type was "Thats so dumb" and "Your statement is just ignorant". and when it gets to that point it's just childish.

Old 03-07-2008, 07:35 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

I think most people that bash Romo are either jealous that their QB wasn't or isn't as good as he is this early in his starting career, or they hate him because they hear about him so much which would actually be the media/ESPN's fault.
Cashmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 07:37 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

what more do i need to say? it was a dumb thing to say

Old 03-07-2008, 07:39 PM    (permalink
Gatz
Rookie

Gatz is a cocksman.Gatz is a cocksman.Gatz is a cocksman.Gatz is a cocksman.Gatz is a cocksman.

T.O.- Duh

Phillip Rivers- Has he taunted fans in Oakland yet?

Joey Porter- crappy player that won't shut up

Shawn Merriman- roids, cockiness

Troy Willamson- Jesus Christ catch a goddamn ball, I can ******* catch better than you. Do you know what the term receiver means?
Gatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 07:39 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Junior Seau, Ellis Hobbs, Terrell Owens, Tom Brady, & Leon Washington.

There's probably more, just can't think of any more right now.

I can't say I hate him because he's a Dolphin, but I'm seriously starting to resent Derek Hagan.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell

Last edited by thebow305 : 03-07-2008 at 07:43 PM.
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 07:59 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

#5........
...DON'T CARE IF HE IS ON MY TEAM.

#4.... Moved up to #4 when Brown came to St. Louis.

#3.......WILL HE EVER PLAY A WHOLE SEASON? CAN HE PLAY IF HE BREAKS A NAIL?

Co-#2s..........
Steroid User and just a douche bag in general.

This is self-explanatory.

Co#1s.....ALL OF THEM!
Old 03-07-2008, 08:04 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yay josh brown has a chinese tatoo on his foot. it means "Using" i think

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 08:10 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Wow a foot tatoo? Thats borderline *** id have to say, if one of my friends came home talking about they got a new foot tatoo id have to give them the straight face :|

Quote:
Old 03-07-2008, 08:10 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. TO...Top a-hole in the NFL.
2. Randy Moss....not far behind from TO.
3. Pacman Jones....is he still considered an NFL player?
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 08:19 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate dirty players, which is why my list is the way it is:

1) Rodney Harrison
2) John Henderson
3) Vince Wilfork
4) Mike Peterson

I don't have a 5th really, but any player that takes cheap shots and such when they get the oppurtunity could go there. I also hate the media hype Brady gets for being not that great, but that's not the player, that's the media.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote